The Devil's touch

By Vlovers19

A coming of age romance fanfic. Taehyung's friend and neighbor since childhood Park Jimin is literally a devi... More

Prelude
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty One
Thirty two
Thirty three.
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty Six /Final Chapter/

Thirty

1.1K 87 26
By Vlovers19

Taehyung was taken to the hospital and was immediately treated. They ran every type of tests on him to determine his state of health. Thankfully, he was out of danger but that wasn't the worst of it.

The most worrisome thing was his mental health. Ever since he was brought to the hospital, Taehyung remained numb, hardly moving or talking but whenever Jimin so much as touch him, he would scream at the top of his lungs and tremble violently. At other times, he just sat and stared straight at the wall acting more like a statue. Jimin was at a loss, he blamed himself for what happened to Taehyung. It was almost like he had lost his soul.

Taehyung began psycho therapy. There was hope that it would help him deal with the trauma he experienced but nothing worked. Taehyung remained as still as a log exhibiting no emotions; no pain, no sorrow except on one rainy day. He was staring out the window when he suddenly started to cry. Jimin was with him and tried to comfort him but he wailed and thrashed around, almost cutting himself. Jimin had to restrain him and pin him to the bed. He called the attention of the staffs and Taehyung was given a sedative that calmed him and put him to sleep immediately.

Taehyung's condition didn't seem to get any better and everyone was extremely worried for him. At the rate he was going, it didn't seem like he would be able to return to school or to his former life.

It had been two weeks since the incident. Jimin decided to have a deep conversation with the psychiatrist in charge of Taehyung. They were at the man's office and the air was tense between them.

"Doctor, please help me. Isn't there something we can do for Taehyung? He isn't getting any better"

The man was quiet for a while before he spoke "As you well know, Taehyung is suffering from a psychological problem called PTSD mostly suffered by rape victims or otherwise sexually assualted people. He is not in a good state right now. He might likely try to harm himself or take substances just to numb the pain and truthfully, he will take months if not years to fully recover"

"I examined him recently and I discovered he seemed to have a small history of mental depression"

Jimin nodded. "Yeah...years back he tried to kill himself"

The doctor nodded. "I see" he stroke his chin thoughtfully. "This young man needs to shed a lot of emotional baggage. He also has a long history of trauma and misplaced identity. The only thing that could help is by being in a familiar environment with people he loves...i'm saying he has to be with his family"

Jimin gulped. "But Taehyung doesn't have a good relationship with his family at the moment"

The doctor shrugged. "That's sad but unfortunately, that's what he needs right now. He needs to regain his identity. The identity he lost. He needs to know who he is and he needs to stay away from bad memories"

The doctor strained his eyes at him and Jimin got confused by the look on his face "What is it?"

The doctor took a deep breath. "I'm sorry to tell you this but you need to stay away from him"

"What?"

"Mr Park. You're a walking encyclopedia of bad memories for that man"

"He doesn't seem to get better when you're around. Instead, his situation only gets worse and I have no idea why that is, so I suggest you stay away at least until he makes some progress"

Jimin lowered his head nodding as he tried to hide the pain in his eyes. "I'm not surprised. I'm the reason why he's like this. Little wonder why he wouldn't want to be around me"

"Mr Park..."

But Jimin cut in and sniffed "I can understand. I kind of expected this to happen. I was going to leave until he was better but I didn't know I would have to leave this soon"

The doctor stared at him in pity. He didn't know what to say to the other. Jimin smiled bitterly. "I guess it's time i say goodbye" he whispered.

The next morning, Jimin was in Taehyung's hospital ward. The latter was sitting on the bed staring into space as Jimin sat beside him and grabbed his hand. He flinched but Jimin held on strongly because he knew it was going to be for the last time.

"Hey Taehyung.... it's me" He whispered. Taehyung turned and looked at him through soulless eyes.

"I don't know how to start or what to say or do to make you forgive me. This is all my fault. All these happened because of me. I pushed you into falling for me and eventually ended up failing you. I failed to protect you when you needed me the most. I'm bad news and being with me brought you nothing but trouble"

He grabbed his hand tighter. "I did a lot of terrible things in the past that I regret but never has anything hurt me than the realization that I'll have to leave you forever. Because of me, you paid heavily... you were...."

He couldn't complete the sentence. "This is something I will never be able to forgive myself for. I will take this regret to the grave, till the day I die"

"So It's only right that I leave you. That way, you'll feel safer. You'll recover faster and you'll be able to have a semblance of your life back. Maybe I'll be able to atone for what I did by being far away from you"

"But no matter what happens, I'll always be there, watching you wishing only the best for you. Even if you don't see me, just know that I'll always be with you"

Taehyung remained immovable, his face was blank but a single tear fell down his left eye. His lips moved slightly but no words came out.

"I love you"

That was the last sentence he heard from Jimin's mouth as he slowly slipped his hand away from his, stood up from the bed and walked away, out of Taehyung's life forever.

****
The next morning, Mr and Mrs Kim came running to the hospital after they received an anonymous message concerning Taehyung's health. The doctor in charge of Taehyung led them to his ward and as soon they saw him, they rushed to him, crying profusely.

"I told you didn't I? I told you, you were going to regret choosing that boy over your own family" Mrs Kim wailed.

"Ma'am, please refrain from saying judgemental words in front of the patient" The doctor warned.

"I'm sorry.... I'm sorry" Mrs Kim said.

Mr Kim stared at Taehyung closely. "Doctor, why is he like this?"

"He is suffering from the after effect caused by the sexual assault he experienced. He will take a long time to recover. During this period, he needs lots of care and he should never ever be left alone. Watching over him should be your top priority"

"At this time, he should also be allowed to engage in activities that he finds interesting, to take his mind off the horrible situation he experienced"

"My poor son!" Mrs Kim cried. She wrapped her arms around him. "Mom is sorry. Mom is very sorry. I can't believe you had to go through this...my poor child. I'm so sorry... it's all that Jimin's fault. If you hadn't been with him, these wouldn't have happened"

Mr Kim shook his head sadly watching the scene in front of him. The family took him home the next day. Mrs Kim watched him night and day. She even had to quit her job at the bank in other to take care of Taehyung but Taehyung avoided them. No matter how much they tried, he still drifted away from them refusing their help. He must have still felt hurt over what they did to him and was finding it difficult to forgive them.

"Are you trying to be a good mom now? After kicking your only son out?" Mr Kim sneered. They were in the kitchen preparing dinner while Taehyung was a few meters away from them in the living room

Mrs Park rolled her eyes angrily "You kicked him out as well! You were there. Why didn't you say anything or try to stop me?" She attacked and Mr Kim kept quiet.

She continued, lowering her eyes "It's not like you don't know my temper. I was just so angry at him, I didn't think straight. I'm a very controlling person... you know that but I'm still his mother. You know I regretted it..."

Mr Kim shook his head as if he didn't believe her so Mrs Kim went further.

"Stop giving excuses. You simply turned into a witch because you found out the Parks were poor!"

Mrs Kim frowned. "Why are you blaming me? You did too!"

Mr Kim shook his head and sighed turning to watch Taehyung who was at the living room quietly playing a guitar and looking solemn. Mrs Kim continued in a low tone.

"After Taehyung left, it got me thinking a lot. We never did anything good for that boy. We only contributed to his present situation. He's had to go through so much. He even tried to kill himself before but this experience is the final straw"

She shook her head " We failed to see who he was as a person because we were scared to let Jin go"

Mr Kim lowered his head looking depressed.

"I refused to accept my eldest son died and tried making Taehyung into the shadow of his brother... what kind of mother does that?"

Mr Kim said "A wicked mother"

Mrs Kim eyed him but he ignored her and continued "I'm a wicked father as well for supporting your heartlessness. Taehyung has suffered too much because of us... now we must devote the rest of our lives to making sure that he lives his own life to the fullest. We should allow him do what makes him happy. It's the least we can do"

"Yes, it's the least we can do. We must protect him at all cost and ensure he and Jimin never cross paths again"

*****

It was now a year since Taehyung returned to live with his parents. He had received several calls and text messages from friends. Jungkook even came to visit him a number of times. He slowly started to recover while engaging himself in making music and counseling. During his last visit, Taehyung seemed to have gotten a bit of his old self back. His face was brighter and he seemed more joyful. Jungkook asked him why he was so happy.

"I'm not coming back to school" he answered abruptly.

"I'm not surprised but what do you want to do with your life from now on?"

"I'm going to do what makes me, Kim Taehyung happy"

Jungkook was confused. "Tell me, do you have something in mind?"

Taehyung flashed a small smile and showed him a pamphlet. "I'm going to pursue my music career. I'm auditioning here tomorrow. They are looking for new talented singers"

"Big Hit?" Jungkook's eyes widened. "That's like the biggest entertainment company in this country"

He stared at Taehyung with concern. "Are you sure you're okay with it? Can you really do this?"

Taehyung heaved heavily "It isn't easy but I'm done feeling sorry for myself kookie. I didn't do anything wrong. I just happened to be in an unfortunate situation that I couldn't control. That's what I always tell myself"

Tears fell from his eyes but he quickly wiped it away. " At least it's a bit satisfying to know those bastards are going to spend the rest of their lives in prison. Scum like them don't even deserve to live"

Jungkook bit his lips. Remembering that terrible experience put him in a bad mood. He couldn't even imagine how Taehyung must be feeling.

"Are you going to tell your parents?"

"I will, let me hear what they have to say. I doubt they'll refuse me now"

Then they discussed at length about what had been happening since Taehyung left school. After Suzy got shot, she had to undergo a series of operations on her leg but it affected her and gave her a bad posture. She had to fly abroad after her reputation got ruined and no one knew if she was ever going to return.

Yoongi and Jungkook reconciled. Jungkook's father eventually supported their relationship after Yoongi had to bring those men who assaulted him to apologise. He also sent him and his wife on an all expense paid trip to the carribeans.

"I can't believe it...he practically bribed your parents" Taehyung said with amusement.

Jungkook rolled his eyes "If that's what it takes"

"He really loves you" He whispered almost to himself.

An awkward silence settled around them. They had been avoiding to talk about one particular topic for a very long time but eventually, Taehyung couldn't bear it anymore.

"And Jimin? How is he? Have you heard from him?"

"No! I've not. I don't even know where he is. None of his friends do either.  He practically vanished into thin air. I don't think we'll ever see him again"

Taehyung nodded his head gravely, biting his lips painfully hard.

"I guess it's for the best" He whispered willing himself not to cry. He didn't think he had it in him yet to look at Jimin. A small part of him blamed the latter but more than that was his desire to move on and forget the past including Jimin. Ever since that day, they never spoke about him again.

Taehyung eventually told his parents about his new decision. Mrs Kim tried to object but Taehyung immediately resisted her.

"Don't think I'll forget so easily everything you both put me through"

His parents couldn't look at him as he spoke. "You caused me a lot of pain but letting me do what I want could be a start to making up for what you did to me"

They didn't say anything because he was right. There was no way he could forget what happened but they could try to fill in the gaps and make their relationship better. Perhaps one day he could forgive them so for the first time in forever, they finally supported him in his own decision.

Taehyung went for the audition amidst the support of everyone. His parents, Jungkook, Yoongi, Namjoon and even Hoseok. He passed the audition and was given a one year recording contract with the company.

Everyone was happy to see that he was moving on, This time as his true self following his own dreams and ambitions. He began working in earnest to release his first single. Coupled with his therapy sessions, he was quite busy with his life, he had no time to think about anything. He went for shows and starred in a few reality programmes as a way to introduce himself to the public.

When his first single ' love appears' got released, it was a smashing hit. The soulful and painful love song resonated within many fans and people wondered who he was talking about in that song but Taehyung didn't say. He only told them to listen and enjoy his work. His second single 'Devil's love' earned him international recongnition and before long, Taehyung was on his way to super stardom. Within a year, the company had renewed his contract for seven more years.

But in all these time, Taehyung didn't have time to think about him. He was too busy to think about him. He didn't want to think about him but he knew deep down, that he still felt empty and there was only one person who could fill that empty space but he was gone from his life for good.

Thanks so much for reading. Lots of love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

459K 11.2K 59
Hey guys this is my first fanfic of bts so I hope u enjoy!! Y/N is caught up in a lot of things at school and at home. Going to a new school, Her mot...
125K 3K 23
(I mean no disrespect to Bts and big hit I just wrote this for fun) Warning ⚠️: This was my first story I ever wrote and it's super cringy and I hate...
827 344 5
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ JJK x KTH AU Jungkook and Taehyung have been best friends for years, since childhood. They have never questioned their closeness because i...
271K 12.9K 72
"Jungkook : I told you I will make you feel how hell look like" "YN : Well congratulations Mr jeon jungkook I feel there's no difference between hell...