Mr.Billionaire Meets Ms.Clumsy

By Just_SparkleBlue

"Watch where you're going!" A low voice shouted at me, looking at his stain shirt."Now, what I'm going to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Alternate Ending I
Alternate Ending II
Epilogue

Chapter 31

8.6K 342 25
By Just_SparkleBlue

"Ms.blue are you there?" Emilyn knocks on the door, but there's no reply. "Weird, the employee in front said that she's in." She thoughts. Emilyn push open the door a little, "Hello?" She called out softly, poking her head into the door gap.

Emilyn eyes grew wide as she saw what happened in front of her. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry," Emilyn said trying to move but her feet are frozen to the ground. They both turn around to see who interrupts their moment. "Will?" Emilyn mouthed. Will quickly got up from the table and put on his shirt while Ms.blue button-up her top.

"I'm so sorry, I should leave," Emilyn apologize and quickly rush out shutting the door. She leans against the wall beside the door and put her head in her hands. "Oh my god, what did I just saw?" She asked herself in a whisper.

"Uhm... she wants to see you." Will came out of the office and dash away. Emilyn knocks on the door again and pushes it.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to intrude on you guys." Emilyn ramble. "I was so shocked and when I'm shocked I can barely move."

"Is okay." Ms Blue said. "I'm not ashamed to tell you that I'm screwing with Will." She said with so much confidence.

"Oh." Emilyn rubs her neck.

"So, what can I do for you today?"

"I want to tell you that, I will only be working till this month."

"Why?" Ms Blue asked.

"Because my boyfriend, he doesn't like me working until 1 am and told me is not safe."

"Ahh, the boyfriend said something." She bobbed her head. "Okay, no problem."

"That's all? You are not telling me I need to give a one week notice or something?" Emilyn asked.

"Is fine, because you caught me red-handed, I'll let you off easy. Is something like you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours." she gave Emilyn a smile.

"Once again, I'm so sorry for interrupting you guys. I didn't mean it and I promise that I would not say anything about it to any of the employees here." Emilyn raises her hand out into the air, like taking the pledge.

"Okay, I know you won't." Ms blue nods. "If there is nothing else I would like to resume my work." Emilyn nods and head out.

"Hey," someone grabs Emilyn by the arm as she got out of the office. "Will?" Emilyn frown. "What's wrong?"

"I need to talk to you." He said and she follows him towards one of the tables in the corner. "About what you saw just now."

"Don't worry, I promise I would not say anything to anyone here," Emilyn assured him.

Will let out a breath, "thank you."

"I didn't know you like older woman?" Emilyn said.

"Is just some random hook up, sometimes." He shrugs.

"So how long have you guys been doing it?" Emilyn asked curiously.

"One or two months."

"Woah." Emilyn is speechless. "So who took the first step?"

"I'm not sure, but I think is her. I just follow her lead, if she wants to hook up with me. Why not?" Will shrugs. Emilyn nod and put her lips into a thin line. "So why are you here?"

"Oh, I'm going to work up till this month," Emilyn told him.

"Why?" Will asked

"My boyfriend doesn't like me working so late, he says is not safe." She air quote the word safe.

"Is it that guy with that shiny, slick, black Mercedes?"

"Yeah, how do you know?" Emilyn asked

"I saw you got into the car once, so I just thought that must be your boyfriend."

Emilyn let out a small laugh, "is funny how you think that I have a boyfriend when I didn't tell you."

"I just assume." He shrugs. "There's no way a pretty girl like you don't have a boyfriend."

"Wow, way to assume." Emilyn giggle.

"Why isn't it true?"

"Not really, this is my first relationship and we only been together for 2 weeks now."

"Oh, I see." He nods. "So I don't get to hang out with you anymore?" He pouts.

"I'll be over in this cafe often to grab coffees and juice," Emilyn told him.

"Anyways," Will sighs and got up from his seat. "I got to get back to work, break is over."

"Same, I got to get back to work too." Emilyn stood up too. "See you next time." She waves bye to him and head out.

***
"Hello, is this Ms Emilyn Walker?" The caller asked.

"Yes, this is she," Emilyn said as I walk down the streets.

"We would like to inform you that we have found a liver donor for Mrs Walker and we would like for her to come in for a check-up before we proceed further."

"Okay, I will make an appointment. Thank you so much." Emilyn said and end the call. A smile grew on her face, "I can't believe is finally going to happen. Grandma Lou is going to be alright." Emilyn said to herself. She quickly made a call. "Grandma, today we are going to have a feast."

"Why what's the occasion?" Grandma Lou asked.

"I'll tell you when I get back, do you have enough food to feed 5 people?"

"Uhmm...let me check." Emilyn wait for her to answer. "Yeah, I think we have enough."

"Okay, great. I'll see you soon." She end the call and calls Ana. After a few rings, she picks up, "Ana are you free tonight?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Come over to my house tonight and bring Finley. We are going to have a celebration."

"Oh cool, I love celebration." Ana cheered. "What is it for?"

"I'll tell you when you come over."

"What time should I be there?" Ana asked

"Around 7."

"Great, I'll see you there," Ana said and they end the call.  Now, there's still one more person to call. Emilyn press Christopher's number and wait for it to ring. After a while, no one picks up. "Weird." Emilyn thought.

Emilyn decides to call a few more times but still no answer, so she decided to leave him a message, hope he sees it.

"Grandma, I'm home," Emilyn shouted taking off her jacket. "It smells nice in here." She said walking into the kitchen to see what is her grandma cooking. "What are you cooking?"

"Some fish, pasta, and salads." She answers.

"Do you need help?" Emilyn asked.

"Yeah, can you help prepare the salad?"

"Sure, no problem." Emilyn rolled up her sleeve and wash the vegetables.

"So, what's the feast for?"

"You'll know later, wait till everyone arrives." Emilyn smiles.

"Everyone? Who did you invite?" Grandma Lou questions.

"Ana, Finley, and Christopher." She lists the names.

Grandma Lou nods, "Can you get me more carrots?"

"Is this extra for Finley?" Emilyn question taking it out from the fridge  

"Of course, that boy is a carrot stealer and is his favorite. Got to make more for him." She said. "And can you also ask what does Christopher like?"

"Sure." Emilyn wipes her hands dry and takes her phone out of her pocket. She looks at the message she has to send an hour ago, but is not read it yet?

"What's wrong?" Grandma Lou glance at Emilyn. "What's got you frowning?"

"Christopher hasn't read my message yet from earlier?"

"Maybe he is just busy."

"I guess." Emilyn shrug, texting him on what he likes to it and put the phone back into her pants pocket. After preparing the food for their guests. Emilyn starts setting up the table and she places all the food on the table.

"Perfect, now just got to wait for the guests," She said.

"Did Christopher text you back yet?" Grandma Lou asked.

"No," Emilyn shake her head. "I don't think he is going to make it for dinner."

"Alright." Grandma Lou said. "Don't worry too much, I'm sure he is just busy with work." She comforts Emilyn.

"Yeah, I hope so too," Emilyn said softly, "Oh and please don't mention about me and Christopher's relationship to Ana. I haven't told her yet." Grandma Lou nods her head.

Not long later, the doorbell rang. Emilyn went and open the door. "Hi!" Ana shouted and hugged her. Finley hugged Emilyn with one hand, "I brought wine." He shows the bottle of wine.

"Come on in, food is ready." Emilyn stands to the side to let them in.

"Ana and Finley, how are my two babies doing." Grandma came over to hug them.

"We are fine." Ana answer. "How are you feeling?"

"Never been better." She smiled at them. "Enough of the small talk, you guys must be hungry." They all follow after her.

Once everyone is seated, Emilyn announce. "May I have everyone's attention?" She clears her throat, everyone's attention is on Emilyn. "I've received news from the hospital that...they...finally found a donor."

"Oh my god!" Ana cheered. She stood up and hug her.

"Really?" Grandma asked.

"Yes, and they want you to go for a pre-check-up before proceeding further," Emilyn told her.

"That's great." Grandma Lou smiles brightly and Emilyn gave her a hug.

"You are going to be just fine and everything going to be okay." Emilyn break the hug

"Yes." Grandma Lou smiles and nods her head.

"Let's toast to a new life." Ana lifts her glass and we all do the same. Emilyn eyes shifted to her grandma's cup is filled with wine.

"Hey! Who poured wine for her?" Emilyn asked, "Finley, did you?"

"Am I not suppose to?" Finley asked.

"Of course not, is better for her to stay away from alcohol," Emilyn said in an obvious tone. "I thought I'm the clueless one." She rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry a few sips don't matter," Grandma Lou said.

"Are you sure?" Emilyn asked, unsure about it.

"Of course, I'm sure."

"No, I'm going to get you a glass of water." Emilyn hurried to the kitchen to fill some water. "Here you go."

"Look at her, always so worried about some small things." Grandma Lou joked.

Emilyn pout, "how can I not worry?"

"Okay, I know you mean well." Grandma Lou gave an assuring smile.

"So, shall we toast?" Ana asked, lifting her glass.

"Yes, we shall." Grandma held her glass up and the others did the same.

"A toast to a better life," Ana said and they cling their glass together.

"Dig in everyone," Grandma Lou told them, "Oh and Finely these roasted carrots are made especially for you."

"Aww, thanks." Finley pierces the carrots with his fork. "I love you so much." He gives an air kiss to my grandma. Everyone laughed at his silliness.

Dinner ended and Emilyn washed up the dishes, "I'm heading to bed now." Grandma Lou said.

Emilyn turns around and said, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, don't stay up too late." Grandma Lou warns.

"I won't," Emilyn said and turns back to the sink. After she has finished washing the dishes, Emilyn decided to call Christopher again.

"Pick up, pick up," Emilyn said hoping that Christopher will pick up for the 8th time. "Not again." She groans. It went to the mailbox again. "Why aren't you picking up?" Emilyn shouts at her phone.

"Something is definitely wrong, he normally picks up my phone immediately or he will text back." Emilyn thought. And then something click in her mind, "if Christopher actually came I have to explain to Ana about him." Emilyn gasp.

"Thank god, he didn't come. I wonder what is he doing?" Emilyn wondered.

***
The next day she receives a text message from him it says, "I'm sorry I didn't answer your calls or messages. I'm in the middle of handling some situations. I'll call you back in a few days."

"How could he just text a message by just saying this?" Emilyn scratches her head in frustration.

"Emilyn," She turns around to see who is tapping on her shoulder. "Aren't you going to the meeting?" Savannah asked.

"Oh yeah, you go ahead I'll catch up later." She nods and walks toward the meeting room. Emilyn gather all her things and head into the meeting room. Throughout the whole meeting, she is not even concentrating on what Taylor said. She is so focused on wondering what happened to Christopher.

"Emilyn, Emilyn, Emilyn walker!" Someone shouted and Emilyn got out of her thoughts.

"Yes?" Emilyn answers.

"As I was saying, you and Savannah each get an assignment," Taylor said. "I'm not going to repeat the information, ask Savannah to explain to you." She said harshly.

Emilyn nods and leans back on her chair.

"Okay, this meeting is adjourned," Taylor announced. Everyone got up from their seats.

"Uhmm...can you explain what did Taylor said," Emilyn asked Savannah.

"Sure." They sat in the meeting room discussing the project. Right after work, she can't help to look at the tall building infront of her. "I need to know what happened." Emilyn thought.

She walks to Christopher's company and at the entrance, there are security guards and body scanners. Slowly, Emilyn approaches the entrance. She allows the security guards to check her bag and walk into the body scanner. Once clear, she head straight to the reception table.

"Hi, can I ask if Mr.Evans is in? Can I see him?" Emilyn asked.

"I'm sorry, but no one is allowed to see Mr Evans." She said

"Is Pierce Murphy in?"

"Yes? Do you have a purpose or appointment to see him?" The receptionist narrowed her eyes.

"No, but I am his friend. Can you call him? I need to speak to him?" Emilyn told her.

"Friend?" She looks at me suspiciously.

"Please just make the call, tell him is Emilyn Walker. If he picks up, pass me the phone. Please I'm begging you, this is important."

"I'll try." She huff and picks up the phone to dial. "Hello, Mr Murphy. A girl is saying she is your friend?" Emilyn waits nervously in front of the table. "Emilyn Walker." She said. "Here, but you only got 5 minutes." She passes Emilyn the phone.

"Hello, Pierce?"

"Emilyn, what's wrong?" Pierce asked.

"Is Christopher with you? I need to talk to him."

"I'm sorry, I can't help you with that." He said.

"What? Why? What's going on?" Emilyn asked.

"Emilyn, I can't talk about it."

"Then can you please let me see Christopher, I need to know he is alright?"

"I'm sorry, I can't tell you where he is now. Please just wait till everything is over and he will come to find you." He said almost the exact thing Christopher texted.

"But..." Emilyn was cut off.

"I'm sorry, Emilyn. I can't help you." Pierce said. "I got to go now." He ends the call.

"Hello? Pierce?" Emilyn shouted on the phone. He just ended the call like that. The receptionist gives Emilyn an annoyed face and putting out her hand waiting for her to give the phone back. Emilyn gave her back the phone and walk out of the company.

***

It has been exactly a week since Christopher's strange disappearance. Will gave Emilyn a celebration for her last day of work.  "Goodbye." Will hugs her. "I'll see you on the weekdays for your coffee trips?" Emilyn nod. He gave her one last hug and walk in his direction.

"Hi, Pierce." Emilyn got into his car which is park 2 steps away from the cafe. Pierce has been driving Emilyn from work since yesterday.

"Hey, Emilyn." He put down his phone. "Ready to go?"

"Yup." Emilyn put on her seatbelt and he pulls out onto the street.

"Where's Christopher?" Emilyn asked for a million times. "He has been gone for a week and there is no news at all."

"I can't tell you where he is," Pierce said.

"Why not?" Emilyn frown.

"Because I just can't, not right now."

"Did something happen to the company? Is Christopher okay?" Emilyn asked.

"All I can say is that Christopher is safe and is very busy." He said. "He will come and find you once the situation is over.

Emilyn slumped down on the seat and cross her arms, "He said in a few days, but it's been a week. He just left without saying anything, but just leave me one text." Emilyn huff in annoyance.

"Have patience," Pierce said and after that, they drove in silence.

"Thanks, Pierce," Emilyn said unbuckling her seatbelt as he stops in front of the apartment building.

"Do you have anything you want to tell Christopher? I can pass on the message." He asked.

"No," Emilyn shakes her head. "Thanks again for sending me home. You know you don't have to do this."

"I don't mind." He gave me a smile. Pierce watches Emilyn got into the apartment lobby, just like he was instructed by Christopher before driving off.

***

"I'm bored." Emilyn throw her phone on the couch.

"Instead of sitting there doing nothing, why don't you come with me to the orphanage, the kids miss you." Grandma Lou places bags of stuff on the floor of the living room.

"You should tell me that earlier." Emilyn quickly got up from the couch to get ready.

"Are you ready?" Grandma Lou calls out, not long later.

"Almost." Emilyn rush out of her room and went into the kitchen. "I'm ready." She meet Grandma Lou in the living room.

"Where did you get that?" She looks at 2 huge lollipop sticks, Emilyn is holding.

"From our kitchen."

"We have that in our kitchen?" She asked, with her eyebrows raise.

"Yeah, I kept it for when I finally have the time to visit the kids," Emilyn told her.

"Okay, let's go. We don't want to be late." She said. Emilyn helps to grab some of the bags and head downstairs to hail a cab. They arrived at the orphanage in 20 minutes' time.

"Lou, come on in." The head of the orphanage, Melissa helps to grab the bags. "Oh, Emilyn. You are here too?" She said. Emilyn nod. "Long time no see you." She hugged Emilyn. "Come, the kids will be excited to see you."

"I'm sure they will. I brought them this." Emilyn shows her the lollipop sticks.

"Oh dear, they are going to go nuts." Melissa shakes her head. Emilyn chuckle and head into the orphanage.

"Kids, look who is here," Melissa announces as they enter.

"Emilyn!" They all yelled and run towards her. "Why haven't you been here? We miss you so much." Trevor, one of the kids asked.

"I'm sorry, I've been working a lot the past few weeks," Emilyn said. crouching down to their height. "But, now I don't have to work, so I'll come over as often as possible." She gave them a toothy smile.

"Yay!!" They cheered.

"Is that a lollipop?" One of the kids asks noticing the candy on the floor at the side of Emilyn's lap.

"Yeah." She lifts it for them to see clearly. Their cute big eyes grew larger if it is possible and it shines. "Can I have a lollipop?" All of them asked in unison, jumping up and down.

"Guys, you need to be quiet for me." Emilyn tried to calm them down, but they all still jumping up and down shouting.

"Okay, kids. Calm down or no one gets any." Melissa steps in to help. "You guys are making my head hurt." They slowly calm down and listen to her. "Emilyn, I told you a million times, don't bring candy in front of them or show it to them." Melissa pinches the bridge of her nose.

"I'm sorry," Emilyn told her.

"Is fine. Just pass me the lollipop stick, I'll put it in the pantry." Emilyn passes her the lollipop sticks.

"Emilyn." Someone tap on Emilyn's shoulder.

She turns around to see, "Kelsea. How are you doing?" Emilyn asks, hugging her.

"Great, almost finishing with the first semester of college," Kelsea said.

"If you need any help, just come find me," Emilyn told her. "I gave you my address, right?"

"Yup." She nods.

"Okay, guys gather around we are going to start with our activity today," Melissa announces and all the kids gather around the center of the room. The whole day was tiring, those kids have so much energy in them. They ran and chase around the lawn, eat some food and play some more. When is time for Emilyn and Grandma Lou to leave, all the kids came and hugged them?  They asked Emilyn to visit them again and she promises them. And also bring them more chocolates and candies.

***

They got back home and Emilyn said,
"Grandma, I'm going to take a nap." She yawns entering the house. "Wake me up for dinner if I don't wake up."

"Alright," Grandma Lou said. Once Emilyn got into her bedroom, she immediately plunges onto her bed and was knockout immediately.

A/N: Hey my readers, today I grace you with my presence. I present you guys a long chapter with 2 updates. Yay!! Hope you enjoy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 237K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...
683K 29.2K 36
Isabella was not interested in falling in love. Marco was not looking for a relationship. The perfect combination for a foolproof agreement. Right? ...
2.3M 72.2K 37
In this Series, Billionaire Bachelors meet their match in a wicked plan of their own. 1. The Summer Bride ****** It all started with a red-haired lit...
3.1M 74.6K 65
#1 in Romance (This is the first book of MR. BILLIONAIRE SERIES) Emily Evans is a young, smart, beautiful, independent, and stubborn woman. Due to so...