Zoomer & Mage: Elmax Oneshots

By itslaela

Max's POV More

We Hate Neil
Bus-ride Blushing
Max > Mike
Snowball 2.0
Perfect Combo
Cherry on Top
Confronting the Demon
Where We Wanna Be
When You Wish Upon a Star
Happy Birthday Babe
Us
Double Rainbow
Put Your Head On My Shoulder
Witches and Wonder Woman
Gardenias
Zoo-mer
Longing
Everything About Her
For Eternity
Me & Her
Ronance Oneshots

Angel

3.2K 62 73
By itslaela

A/N: This is the last part of a three-part segment that included "Max > Mike" and "Snowball 2.0."

I wake up to a loud knocking noise at the door. El and I are spooning on the couch, she's still asleep. "El? There's someone at the door," I say, tapping her shoulder. Then it really sinks in, El and I, two girls, are cuddling on a couch in a room where we obviously had a date. And there's someone at the door. Shit! I don't want to wake up El so I climb over the back of the couch and walk to the front window. I look out and see Will. 

He's knocking louder now, I hear El stir, "Max? Who's at the door?" 

"Will's here," I respond. She starts to get up and walk towards the door. I stop her, "Are you crazy? He'll know what's going on." 

El looks confused, "What's going on?" 

I grab her arm, "El, remember? Some people aren't ok with two girls kissing? People like Mike. Will's BEST FRIEND. He might tell him about us, we could get in trouble." 

El shakes her head, "Will wouldn't tell. Trust me." 

I take in a nervous breath and let go of her arm, "Ok." 

El walks over to the front door and opens it wide, "Hi." 

Will looks at El and then me, his eyes scanning the room. "Hi..." El motions for Will to come in and closes the door. "Hey Max." 

I can feel my face heat up a little, "Hey." 

Will walks over to the couch and sits down on one end, "Can we talk?" 

Now I'm very nervous. I swallow, "Both of us?" 

Will nods. I walk over to the couch and sit down at the opposite end, my back up against the armrest. To my surprise, El sits in front of me and leans her head onto my chest. I avoid eye contact with Will, if he didn't suspect anything yet he sure as hell will now. El breaks the awkward silence, "What did you want to talk about?" 

Will takes a deep breath, "Mike and he told me he dumped you, El. I asked him why he told me..." 

El looks nervous, "Are you mad?" 

Will shakes his head, "No it's not that...I understand." El looks deep in thought. Will nervously continues her, "El? Do you know what I mean?" 

She looks up, "You want to kiss boys?" 

Will blushes and looks down, "Yeah." 

Then he looks at me and El, seemingly looking for an explanation of...us. "Max?" he questions me.

I take El's hand and swallow, "Friday night when El told me what happened with Mike I told her that I...understand, now we're..." 

El squeezes my hand and finishes for me, "Girlfriends." 

Will smiles, "I'm happy for you guys." Then he motions to the cabin's decorations and our outfits, "What happened here? You guys obviously just woke up." 

El and I look at each other and laugh, "Max? Tell him." 

I kiss her head look up at Will. "Max! You softie," he teases. 

I shoot him a mock death stare and begin to speak, "We did a dance, kind of like a snowball 2.0. We got dressed up, had party food, danced, and passed out on the couch...then you woke us up with your obnoxious knocking." 

Will laughs, "Sorry, I just wanted to see if El was ok. I know if it had been me I would have wanted someone who understood." 

El smiles, "Thank you. Max, can we have food?" 

I smile at El's bluntness, "Eggos?" 

El looks up at me and smiles, "Yes." 

I lift El off me and get up, "Will, want anything?" 

He nods, "I'll take a couple of Eggos." 

I shoot him a thumbs up and head to the kitchen to make breakfast. After we eat El and I change into clean clothes and freshen up for the day. We find ourselves sitting on El's bed in a circle, starting to talk about how we knew we weren't straight. "Max, how'd you know?" Will asks me. 

I think for a second, "During recess in elementary we would have fake weddings sometimes, I always wanted to be the groom because he got to give the bride a kiss on the cheek. I guess it's then when I knew I was different because all the other girls wanted to be the bride." El takes my hand, I kiss her cheek. "What about you Will?" I ask him. 

He blushes and glances at El, he seems hesitant to answer. El takes a guess, "Mike?" 

Will's face turns even redder and he nods, "Yeah, not anymore though." 

Will looks back at El, "What about you?" 

El looks at me and smiles, "Max." 

Surprised I raise my eyebrows, "I thought it was the magazine?" 

El shakes her head, "No. When we went to the mall for the first time, we held hands. I liked it." 

Will cuts in, "Did you not like it when Mike held your hand?" 

"I used to like it, I stopped," El explains. 

I nod in agreement, "Same with Lucas. That's why I broke up with him for good." 

I notice El looks concerned, "What's wrong?" 

El looks up at me, "Dustin and Lucas, will they be mad?" 

Will grimaces, "I hope not." 

I step in, "There's no way to know how they'd take it. Mike might influence their opinions." 

Will shrugs, "We just have to get to them first." 

El shakes her head, "Can't leave the cabin." 

I turn towards her, "What if they come here?"

All of our heads turn as we hear a much-anticipated knock at the door, El walks over and opens it after she checks to see who it is. I'm surprised that when she opens it there's no Lucas, just Dustin...and Robin? What's she doing here? I look at Dustin, "Where's Lucas?" 

He gets a sad look in his eyes, "With Mike." 

Now, Will speaks, "Does he know?" Dustin nods.

El looks nervous so I take her hand and pull her closer. I see Robin look at our hands and then away when she realizes I see her. I give her a look and turn to Dustin, "I take it you know...does she?" 

Dustin shakes his head, "She's my ride, but she's cool...she'd understand, you know..." 

Now Robin seems to get it, she looks at El, "You like girls?" 

El looks at me and blushes, "Yeah." 

Dustin looks surprised, "Wait? Are you guys dating?" 

I bite my lip and squeeze El's hand, "We are." 

I look back to Robin and raise my eyebrows, "Are you...?" 

"Yeah," Robin responds. 

I notice Will's been quiet, so does everyone else, all eyes are on him, expectant. Will notices and blushes a deep shade of red, then he takes a breath and speaks, "Me too." Dustin gives him a pat on the back and Robin gives him a knowing smile. 

Then she turns to Dustin, "We have to go, I got to get to work. Does anyone else need a ride into town?" Will raises his hand.  Robin gives a curt nod, "Alright dinguses, let's go." 

And just like that El and I are alone again. It's a little past noon so we have some lunch and then decide to clean up from last night. After we make the cabin look like nothing ever happened we collapse on El's bed, exhausted. I hear El yawn, she scooches over to me so that I'm spooning her. I don't fall asleep, but El does. Now I'm lying with her, listening to her breathing. I wonder what's gonna happen with us. We can't be a normal couple, I would never bring her home to meet my mom and Neil. He would kill me, well, he would try, El would kill him first. I don't know how Hopper feels about what we are. We can't go in public as a couple. I just don't know how we'll be able to be together. I want to be with her, this weekend has been the best one ever. I guess I'll just enjoy it and see what happens. I move closer to El and close my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of the cabin door opening. Shit! "El, wake up, someone's here," I say frantically as I move my body away from hers. 

El wakes up and gets out of bed to go open her door. When she does we see Hopper, drinking milk straight from the carton, "Dad? You said Monday, it's Sunday." 

Hopper puts the milk away and wipes his mustache, "I know, kid. I got out of the conference early." Then he sees me, "Thanks for hanging around. You can go home now." 

El looks at me, who's not leaving, "Can she stay?" 

Hopper shrugs, "Doesn't matter to me, just keep the door shut so I don't hear you, I'm gonna watch TV." 

I look at El and smirk, I guess there are some advantages of our relationship: the three inches rule doesn't apply. El smiles, seemingly thinking the same thing, "Ok." Then she closes her door, locks it, and switches on the radio. "Angel" is playing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 56 28
I really like Texting aus so wanted to do this one.
474 17 17
~somehow a vital connection is made~ ongoing
39.8K 536 42
Oneshots for the Byler ship because Byler is life. Also some oneshots for just Will or Will and his friends because Will deserves the world. Will x H...
20.7K 912 20
Sequel of Deep Asleep Don't hesitate to leave comments :D Cover: barbesz (on tumblr)