The Bad Girl's Good Side

By straw_berry_xxx

Sequel to "The Good Girl's Bad Side" ....... .. After being shot and waking up after a coma, Hailey Matthews... More

Description
Chapter 1: You're not here
Chapter 2: Ready to enter the ring
Chapter 3: And I him.
Chapter 4: Anything you ask
Chapter 5: I drove him away.
Chapter 6: But TV could've distracted me enough
Chapter 7: No, there isn't a problem, right?
Chapter 8: You're a dumb dumb.
Chapter 9: Me Before You
Chapter 10: Coincidence much?
Chapter 11: "I wasn't talking about Luther."
Chapter 12: What have I gotten myself into?
Chapter 13: This Is It
Chapter 14: Reconciled You And Tristan
Chapter 15:"Nice threat, sweetheart."
Chapter 16: "Not Yet Prepared To See You."
Chapter 17:Why did I come?
Chapter 18: Gosh, I hate you
Chapter 19: I never agreed to this
Chapter 20: That's Strange
Chapter 21: Shiznit!
Chapter 22: "Let's get this over and done with."
Chapter 23: Kill Me Now
Chapter 24: The Pit I'm Digging For Myself.
Chapter 25: Stupid Blabber Mouth
Chapter 26: "I Really Don't Have A Choice, Do I?"
Chapter 27: "Because He's Bad For You."
Chapter 28: "Put Me Down You Dumb Ferret!"
Chapter 29: Something Horrible Has Happened
Chapter 30: "Who's this?"
Chapter 31: I Said Not To Be Late.
Chapter 32: I am confused.
Chapter 33: "Goodluck then."
Chapter 34: Henry
Chapter 35: You have to fight
Chapter 36: This guy is killing me!
Chapter 37: I want us to try again
Chapter 38: I don't support this!
Announcement

Chapter 39: What the hell?!

11.8K 451 398
By straw_berry_xxx

Stanley: read note at the beginning of chapter 23.

Chapter 39:
What the hell?!

Hailey's POV

"Wow, I thought I'd never see you again." I look up from my notebook to see Eloise taking a seat beside me as quietly as possible seeing as she is practically ten minutes late for class.

"I do not tolerate tardiness in my class and I hate it the more when you started disrupting by talking," Mr Kendrick, obviously having noticed El sneak in, raises his voice louder than usual in a reprimanding tone without looking up from his laptop in the front of the lecture room. "Do I make myself clear, Miss...?" He looks up from the laptop and stares directly at El.

"Ms Hunter," El tells him with a forced smile. "And yes, Sir," she rolls her eyes when Mr Kendrick takes his attention back to the lesson.

I just smile in amusement and get back to taking notes.

"So?" El whispers beside me eagerly. "What made you disappear into thin air and suddenly return from the dead?" She takes out her own notebook, textbook and a pen, before she starts copying down my notes.

I'm in no mood of the subject she wants to discuss, especially in the middle of class. I don't owe her any information, more specifically, this information because I can trust no one with it. And I've began not to trust many people because that only gives those people you trust room to betray and hurt you.

"I wasn't feeling well," I whisper back to her without looking away from the projected screen Mr Kendrick is using to teach. I basically told her a fifth of the truth, so that should count as something.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asks. "I could've been there to make sure you have the best time while sick. We could've watched Netflix together while eating junk food. Well, I doubt you had an appetite so I probably would've eaten all the food."

I laugh at her words. "I didn't wanna bother you or anyone for that matter," I shrug and put down my pen. "Tristan was there anyway."

"Tristan, huh?" She raises a suggestive eyebrow at me. "Is there anything going on between you two?" She nudges my upper arm with her elbow.

Should I tell her the truth? Probably not because she's sort of close to Sam now, and also because I'm not ready to tell anyone that I'm back again with Tristan. I'm not insecure about our relationship, neither do I doubt Tristan's affection, I just want to remain under the radar for now and take things slow with him. I want us to first enjoy our secret relationship before we face the drama that'll undoubtedly come once we tell the others about us.

"No," I lie to El and I even scrunch my face to a look of confusion just to cover up my lie. "Why would you think that?"

"Well, you guys seem pretty—"

"Ms Hunter, if you don't want to be in my class then I suggest you leave," Mr Kendrick cuts her off, agitation thickly layered onto his face.

El sends him an apologetic look and bows her head to look at her notebook, and I notice a faint blush appear on her cheeks probably because of embarrassment.

I mentally thank Mr Kendrick for saving me from El's interrogation and  I get back to concentrating on the lecture.

"We're not done talking about this," El whispers very quietly to me and I groan internally and regret counting my chickens to early.

The lesson is soon over and El and I are walking down to the cafeteria. She's babbling on and on about a hoodie she saw two days ago at the mall and how she would love to buy it but can't at the moment. Not going to lie, I'm barely paying attention to what she's saying as my mind is fixed on meeting with Tristan in an hour and a half.

We agreed to meet up after both our classes end. We're first going to spend about an hour to two alone then we're going to head to Alejandro's place so that we solve the infamous "predicament" as soon as possible.

I just want to get my normal life back. Well, technically my life hasn't been normal from the moment I started developing common sense, but still, I'd love to experience the wonders of life without having to walk on eggshells because your life is hanging on a thread. 

"Oh, hey guys!" Sam waves both El and I over to where she's seated with her group of friends. I immediately feel like turning around and fast walking out of the building, not ready or in the mood to meet new people.

I don't know why, but I've recently developed an uneasiness around Sam, maybe it's because of Tristan but my intuition tells me that there's something off about her lately. I'm probably over reacting and this might all be in my head. Maybe I'm overthinking because I am technically dating her crush and so I think she's going to pounce on my at any second for revenge.

Why do I even care?

"Oh they saved us seats!" El says excitedly as we both spot about three open seats at Sam's table. El's excitement already tells me that it's not the first time she eats with them and that sort of makes me uncomfortable.

"Oh my word, Hailey, I almost thought you ditched us for good," Sam says dramatically and motions for me to take the seat next to her. "It's been a long time since we've spent time with each other."

"Oh, I wasn't feeling well the past couple of days," I tell her the same thing I told El earlier. "But I'm okay now."

I haven't even found myself anything to eat yet and now I'm stuck with Sam and her friends. Don't get me wrong, even though I'm starting to have doubts about Sam, I still actually like her, I just don't like sitting with a large group of people like how I am now.

"Yeah because Tristan took care of her," El says aloud nonchalantly, and my eyes grow wide at her words. By the way she's acting so cool about what she said tells me that she doesn't see it as a big deal.

"She knows Tristan?" A guy with chestnut curls, and cute round glasses asks a black haired girl with big blue eyes seated next to him. The girl just shrugs.

I feel Sam tense beside me and I hear her release a suppressed sigh. "Tristan?" She asks me and I notice how her smile is a bit forced. Now everyone's eyes are on me, and I am made uncomfortable seeing so many unfamiliar pair of eyes staring at me, some judgmentally.

"Yeah, uh, he helped me," I tell her and shrug like it is no big deal. I want to murder El so bad right now. "I mean, he was the only one who could help since I practically live with him."

"Oh, right," Sam laughs half-heartedly. "I hope you're good now. If not, we should hang out later on. Maybe do some shopping." She smiles and, for a moment, I almost believe that she has already recovered from the bomb that was thrown at her only two minutes ago.

"Oh, uh, I have some—"

"Wait!" Sam cuts me off before I can even reject her invite. "Where are my manners? I haven't introduced you to everyone."

'That's not necessary. You don't have to. I just want to leave anyway,' I mentally tell her.

"Guys," she catches the attention of all the five people, who are busy having their own conversations. "This is my good friend Hailey," I wave my hand at them and force out a smile.

"This is Cheslyn," Sam points at a caramel skinned guy with beautiful green eyes and thick curly hair. "This is Chad," she gestures to the guy with the glasses. "Jasmine," she points to the black haired girl I heard Chad ask. "And lastly, Stanley," my eyes go wide when I notice the familiar face I've once ran away from.

How could I have not noticed him before? I've been sitting here for the past ten minutes so clearly I should have identified him already. Am I really that disinterested that I did not even recognise my enemy sitting at the same table as me?

Stanley just stares blankly at me, unfazed by my shocked expression and simply munches on his grapes. He then sends a wink in my direction when he sees I'm still not looking away.

I feel the blood drain from my face and I bet everyone has noticed our weird exchange. But I'm too focused on sending daggers at the devil's child  to care about the confused stares I'm getting.

"Hailey!" Sam snaps her fingers in front of my face and I am pulled out of my stupor. "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

More like a demon.

"I'm okay," I shake my head and remove my focus from Stanley.

I suddenly feel apprehensive and my skin is beginning to crawl. I want to get up and leave without a word and I might just do that. "Excuse me, I have to go," I get up without an explanation and walk away.

Once I'm a good few meters away from everyone, I am able to catch a breath but my breaths are soon laboured when the thought of Stanley sinks deeper into my mind. It's been such a long time since I've seen him on the first day at campus, that I almost began to believe that it was only my imagination playing with me.

But now I know that I had seen correctly on that day.

"Hailey," I hear a male voice call me from behind and I look back to find Colton almost jogging to me. 

Not him too.

"Hi, Colton," I try hard not to sound rude greeting him. 

"Hey, what's wrong? You seem...pissed off," he asks and he reaches out to grab both my shoulders with his hands.

"Umm, it's nothing," I shrug. "I just want to go home. I've had a long day, that's all."

"Aren't you going to class right now?" He asks and I remember that I have one more class to attend, a class we both happen to share.

"Nah, I think I'm gonna pass on that one. I'm not in the mood," I begin to turn on my heels but Colton stops me by grabbing onto my wrist. 

Why is it hard to leave this place?!

"I'll come with you," Colton smiles at me. "And I believe you still owe me a date—a friendship one of course," he grins.

"And you want for us to go out now?" I ask him incredulously.

"Yes," he begins walking to the student parking lot while dragging me with him since he hasn't released my wrist from his grasp.

"Colton, I really can't today," I stop in my tracks and pull my hand away from him. "I have plans and I can't cancel out on them. I'm sorry," I apologise sincerely and I frown when I see his hurt face.

"So you already have a date?" He asks me almost bitterly.

"Why would you think that?" I give him a confused look, but I'm surprised as to how he knew I have a date.

"You don't have to play dumb with me, Hailey," he rolls his eyes and combs a hand through his locks. "You know, I tried," He laughs with mockery. "I have been trying to just pack up my feelings for you but it's too hard."

Uh oh.

He takes my hand in his, making me feel slightly uncomfortable. "It's honestly hard to let you go. I know when we met you basically wanted to shred me to bits but since I saw you the first time I basically fell in love with you. Call me crazy, insane, delusional—whatever I don't care. But—"

"Colton don't do this—"

"Do what?" He cuts me off and stands dangerously close to me, ignoring the fact that he is invading my personal space. "Should I not tell you about how you drive me crazy? Should I not tell you about how I cannot sleep at night knowing that you live in the same house as another guy? The same guy you have a history with? Well, I can't. I want you to know that I care about you and I can't carry on pretending to be just friends."

My heart sinks further than it already has. I wasn't expecting such a confession, especially from him. I knew from the beginning that saying we should be friends was going to be difficult on his part but my intentions with him have always been platonic. Even though at times I had to stop myself from developing feeling for him from the times we kissed, I knew that that was all infatuation and not genuine feelings.

"Colton, I have to go," I stare at my shoes, too afraid to look into his intense eyes. "I'm sorry," I sigh.

He rips his hand from mine as though  I have burned him—well, I did emotionally. "Do you have to choose him?"

"That's not fair, Colton," I finally look up to make eye contact with him. "You knew from the beginning that everything that happened was just to make him jealous. And on top of that, that was your plan, not mine."

"You knew what you were getting yourself into. So don't make me a bad person when the plan has just succeeded," I finish. So much anger is scurrying through my veins right now, and I'm finding it really different to contain it all.

I am starting to believe that this day is cursed. So much has happened already and it's not even noon yet. My mind is already starting to crave under all the weight which has been laid on top of it. Today is really the day the universe decided to test my patience and my tolerance.

"Yeah but I was hoping you'd end up falling for me instead of going back to him!"

"This isn't some book, Colton!" I yell giving into the anger which is currently verbally manifesting itself. "You shouldn't have gotten your hopes up like that."

Can I just fly away? Like I'm tired of living on this planet. Maybe Mars has some readily made accommodation for me to evacuate to.

He laughs humourlessly before drawing in a deep breath. "Okay, whatever," he shrugs off his disappointment like it's trivial. "But know this," he invades my personal space again. "When he breaks your heart again, when he reveals his true colours, don't come crawling back to me," he spits with a deep low voice.

"He won't," I protest, not giving his words permission to affect me.

"Good luck with him," he steps back and stares at me one more time. His pain and anger are showing and I almost feel guilty knowing that I'm the reason behind them. "I hope he disappoints you again." With that, he storms off to his car.

What the hell?!

_______

"You've been distant," Tristan says from the driver's seat as he drives us off to who knows where. "Is there something wrong?"

He picked me up from the library about five minutes ago and I have been silent the whole time. It's just that all my energy to speak has been vacuumed out of me and I was really looking forward to this part of my day, but now, I'm not even in the mood for anything.

"I'm sorry," I sigh, giving him an apologetic look for my unintentional silent treatment. "I've had a long day and I am wondering how I'm going to juggle both school and that rejection from hell." I don't entirely lie since I did have a long day, but I'm not sure if I want to tell him about what happened just yet.

Knowing him, he will get terribly pissed and I don't want to set such a tense mood now since it'll ruin everything and this afternoon won't be as fun as it is supposed to be. I'll tell him at the right time.

As if you know the best time. You suck at telling him the truth on time.

Tristan laughs at my comment and seconds later, I feel him slip his hand onto mine which is currently laying on my thigh. "Don't worry," he rubs the back of my hand with his thumb. "We'll get through this. We're smart enough."

I smile at this and hold onto his hand tighter, fearing that he'll let go forever. I feel like I'm beginning to cave into the insecurities now. Colton's words cut deep and now they keep repeating themselves over and over again in my mind. I've been trying to forget them this whole time, but each time I tell myself to let them go, I remember them, and that obviously defeats the purpose of trying to forget.

What if Tristan and I actually have another fallout? What if that happens again but this time we never go back to each other?

I know I'm overthinking this whole thing and that it's all in my head. But sometimes it feels like I'm rushing into things. Like Tristan is my first love—I'm hoping he'll be my only love—but let's face reality; how do I know that what we have is actually love? It could just be a long-term infatuation that we both cannot seem to overcome.

Snap out of it!

"Where are we going?" I ask Tristan, blatantly changing the topic, as he drives us through an unfamiliar route.

"Well, you said you wanted to go to the beach," he squeezes my hand twice and my heart just flutters with happiness.

Finally!

"What? I don't even have a swimsuit,"  I inform him. And he couldn't tell me to bring my swimsuit along with me because?

"That's alright," he shrugs nonchalantly. "We'll get you one at one of the surrounding stores."

I roll my eyes but nonetheless release a joyous smile, excited that I get to spend some time at the beach with my boyfriend.

Immediately, a memory resurfaces.

"Jealous, were we?" I smirk at him, remembering how he was acting the time Colton mentioned our beach date. I bite the inside of my cheek trying not to dwell more on Colton.

"Jealous?" He pretends to be confused. "Nah, jealousy is when you want something that's not yours. I was defending what was already mine," he says confidently and parks the car.

"I was not yours by then," I chuckle and unbuckle my seatbelt. "So you were definitely jealous."

"You were always mine, Angel."

___________

😬😬😬
I know I said two days 💀💀 but our WiFi account was cancelled unexpectedly and so I couldn't update. I used my laptop to write since I didn't really have a phone but now I have it and it's what I used now to write this chapter.

So now I can finally continue updating. And the WiFi is back.

Again. Sorry💔😬

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It is by far the longest chapter I've ever written and I'll try to make the coming chapters this lengthy as well.

Tell me your thoughts.

Next update: very soon😅😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 9.4K 11
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
922K 49K 31
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

363K 13.7K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...
790K 25.5K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...