Heartbeat

By RainnFlowerr

"Let our scars fall in love" - Galway Kinnell A story about a sad girl and a lost man, who f... More

INTRODUCTION
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
~Authors Note~
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Author's Note

Chapter 27

721 102 37
By RainnFlowerr

Songs for the chapter : Kinna Sona by Sunil Kamath.

Hypnotic by Zella Day.

* * * *

Sidharth doesn't know what he has gotten himself into, mostly he hasn't been able to pay attention to the people around him. He has been too busy staring at the woman who is the responsible for his fluttering heart. Like a moth to a flame, his eyes settles on her, his eyes caresses her from toe to head, and the heady feeling of adoration and want ignites in his body.

Looking gorgeous with her oh-so-kissable full pink lips, apple-rounded rosy cheeks and smoky dark eyes that he urges to meet. Her silky hair is pulled into a high fashionable messy bun or something, flyaway wisps framing her face as she talks animatedly with Charlie.

She's looking irresistible in her short glitter black dress, sleeveless bodice with an eye catching deep V neckline (which he sure as hell had caught many eyes, he thought annoyed), secured by a Sheer inset panel, enticing illusion panel on the sides, showing of her creamy skin, a V back, flirting with him, and an A line skirt flaring whimsicaly.

Something deep inside Sidharth burns.

"She's so.... - "

"Hot?" Harvey cut him off, and Sidharth jabs his elbow at his side, scowling at him.

"Shut up."

"Well you are practically undressing her with your eyes."

But Sidharth can't help but stare. He's never wanted to look at something, or someone, more in his entire life. The room could burst into flames and he'd still be standing here, watching Shehnaaz.

As if Shehnaaz can feel the weight of his burning stare, she looks up, and they lock eyes, Shehnaaz curl her hand and forced herself not get swayed by his smoldering dark eyes, her hands itch to brush the wayward dark hair, tickling his forehead. Her heart rate increases as she looks at him, standing their saying nothing but still commanding the whole place, he looks like a king, and every eyes are on him, basking on his dominating and protective aura, both hands in his tapered trousers consisting of navy blue schemed three piece suit, with bold statement cheks, looking timeless and stylish.

Butterflies flutters in her stomach, as she scowls at him and turns away.

Sidharth laughs lightly at her antics.

"Aww, so cute..... Kinda sickening, but cute." Harvey says as he saw their eye to eye conversation.

Sidharth turns around and takes a sip of his drink.

"But why am I seeing murder in her eyes? Trouble in paradise?"

"Remember Natasha? She used to study with us, she came yesterday just to meet, you know, we were just hugging and Shehnaaz saw us, she was cool, but we went for dinner, and Shehnaaz didn't really liked her over friendly behavior, - he looked at her again, and caught her looking, she quickly averted her eyes, -"She's been in a mood since then, God!! Woman are complicated."

"Hey, who's that guy hugging Shehnaaz?" Harvey suddenly asked, Sidharth head whips around, and saw there's no guy.

"Hypocrite." Harvey shook his head.

* * * *

"Ah, Sidharth. There you are" his father's voice sounds a few feet from Sidharth's spot leaning against the polished wooden bar. There's a regality about his tone - a formalness to the lilt in his voice that let's him know he's with important people - and it's with a small puff of exasperation that Sidharth pulls a polite smile onto his face.

Rishabh watches as his son turns away from the bar where he'd been intensely immersed in his thoughts while staring at nothing, and it's his turn to feel a wave of exasperation wash over his body, because where Sidharth's expression is all charm and formal, there's a small glint in his eye that lets him know that his thoughts are a million miles away or maybe just few feet away, and his lips curl in annoyance as he looks at the girl behind him, who has his son wrapped around her finger.

He has to admit he's a little disappointed in the lack of focus on Sidharth's part tonight. This is a charity ball, after all, and even though he hadn't shown his disagreement at the presence of Shehnaaz, he'd hoped he'd at least put a little more effort into charming a few businesses colleagues tonight.

Instead everytime he had looked at his eldest son, he had found him lost in his thoughts, keeping himself in shadows, chatting up with Harvey, while staring at Shehnaaz, instead of dancing and mingling with City's elite.

"Sidharth" Rishabh says again, this time reaching out to grasp his forearm and pull him forward away from the group of Harvey, Shehnaaz and Charlie. "I was just telling Mr. Miller and Mr. Malhotra about your project on City's youth Centre."

He sends his son an encouraging look, with a tight smile, when he stares blankly at them, his head still clearly wrapped up in whatever conversation they were in.

Rishabh sees the moment Sidharth snaps his attention away from trying to listen to whatever Shehnaaz is whispering to Harvey and Charlie. He hears something along the lines of Ooh, pie! and Grab it, Char, my arm's too short! and he's about to scowl because it's rare that anyone actually pays attention to the small desserts the waiters parade around the room but then Sidharth's stepping forward to shake the hands of the two older businessmen.

And there's a smile on his face.

A real, honest, innocent smile that Rishabh knows has absolutely nothing to do with the men in front of him and everything to do with the giggling woman behind him.

"We'd love to hear more about your ideas, Sidharth, a young man like you knows better about what today's generation wants." Mr. Malhotra the taller of the two, says as he clasps Sidharth's hand. "Regardless, you can count on our support, but we'd rather know the in's and out's of the plan that RGI been so dedicated to implementing."

"Of course" Sidharth nods. He tilts his head towards his father, "Raizaada industries, is a family business, and had been such a large part of the city, so naturally our first step is to let the new talent come forward, who never got a chance due to finances or other issues."

"As opposed to you know, the elites that ignores deprived population, removed employment opportunities for their own benefits, and continuing to propagate crime and poverty that everyone seems to fault the people who are poor for without acknowledging the very obvious and in-your-face fact that it's the elites- ,"

Shehnaaz's muttering stops the second she glances up from where she prods her small key lime pie with her fork. She flushes, a bright red blush painting over her features, and her eyes widen when she realizes that everyone's eyes are on her.

"And when I say elite I don't mean you eli -"

"And you are??" Mr. Malhotra asks politely while smiling at her.

"She is Miss Shehnaaz Sahni, Students of Wimbledon high are lucky to have a great History professor to bestow her knowledge on them and also I'm lucky to call her my girlfriend." Sidharth introduced her, smiling softly, a lighthearted gleam on his eyes, as he proudly hold her hand.

"Are you part of the project, Miss Sahni?" Mr Miller asked.

"Shehnaaz" She corrected him, "and Oh. No." She laughs nervously, "I don't know nothing about technology, but I know how difficult it is to get decent education, with all the loans and low opportunities, and how important it is for the youth to get good opportunities to carry their dreams, and I have full faith in Sidharth that he will do a great job, at making this Centre, where they wouldn't have to worry about money or unfairness. I'm so proud of Sidharth, that he's using his knowledge in such a good way, you know, MIT taught him good, his hands can do magic, -she babbles nervously, she blushes, "because they make machines!!" She sputters out a slight cough before sighing in defeat.

Her silence is short lived though, because there's a loud breath falling from Sidharth's lips that sounds eerily familiar to a laugh and she's winding her hand back and slapping it against his arm. Her hand shoots out again to slap against Harveys broad chest as well when the man tries to hide a laugh behind a muffled cough, and she glares at Charlie.

"You guys suck, you know that?"

"Shehnaaz, I promise you that, you may not be part of the project but your passion is certainly going to be channeled in this project."

Mr. Malhotra gives an affirmative nod, and the older man lets out a good-natured laugh at the wide-eyed expression on Shehnaaz's face.

Sidharth's smiling at her too, all soft and confident and proud.

Sidharth and Harvey fell into an easy discussion on how the Centre will be good for underprivileged and angry youth so that they have a place to channel their anger, and turn it onto their dream.

Shehnaaz on the other hand, has allowed her focus to fall back to her pie, very purposefully dissociating from the conversation when it had turned to technology, a small hum of delight rumbles from her chest and her eyes flutter shut momentarily, her head swaying in time with the music as she chews slowly, Sidharth head tilts subconsciously towards the sound. He's still engaging in conversation - still talking numbers and logistics with the three other men - but his full attention has shifted towards his smiling woman.

He pauses slightly to answer Mr. Malhotra's list of questions as his eyes drop down to where a small swirl of whipped cream lingers on her lips, She looks at him all bright while nodding encouragingly at him with full faith and confidence.

Sidharth tilts his head just barely, a small thank you for her eyes only, and even though he resumes his thoughts, his eyes never leave hers,

and then he's moving, casually reaching over and swiping the rest of the dessert from her mouth before bringing his thumb up to his own lips.

He licks the sugar off of his finger, not faltering in the slightest as he nods along to whatever Mr. Malhotra is saying.

* * * *

They entered the club, the bass bumping loudly. They took off their coats and placed them in the booth that had been reserved for them. Trumpets by Jason Derulo began to play loudly.

Shehnaaz grabs a granola bar from her jacket's pocket, and Harvey snatches it to take a bite, but Shehnaaz swoops it from his hands before taking a huge bite and grinning.

"Never touch my food." She tells him and leans back against Sidharth's chest.

"Sidharth, help me bro. I'm starving." Harvey pleaded.

Sidharth brings an arm around her belly, "Sorry mate, I'm afraid I can't do that. I'm smitten with my baby."

Harvey rolls his eyes, "it's only because she has a vagina."

Shehnaaz chokes on her bite, while Charlie smacks Harvey and Sidharth chuckles, "Well I suppose so."

Shehnaaz does not like that and she pinches his arm. "Kidding baby, I'm kidding." He murmurs into the side of her cheek.

She rolls her eyes, but snuggles into his arms, as they order some food, she looks up at his face as he talks with his friends, she inhales his scent, and feels relaxed, she's not gonna lie, going to these parties, galas, with Sidharth and being around all those elite people, it's really stressful, especially when she knows his father doesn't like her being there, he doesn't like her. Period.

But she would do it again, if she can see Sidharth in his element, the way his face glows when he talks about how he wants to do something for the people, using his knowledge, she feels proud, and he looked so freaking hot, he doesn't even try.

He kisses my forehead, "You are staring, love."

"Stop looking so hot, I won't stare at you."

He grins and winks at me, "Not too bad yourself, your boobies look amazing in this dress." and he definitely just groped her, and she liked it.

Why are they like this?

"Ohhh that's ma jam, let's go babe." Charlie pulls Shehnaaz on the dance floor, Shehnaaz laughed and starts moving her body to the rhythm, as she looks around to take in the sight of the club, there are people everywhere, mingling, dancing and drinking.

Suddenly a voice came from behind and she swirls around, to find none other than Natasha and some other girl she don't know, sliding in their booth, and she feels irritation spreads in her body as she sits in her seat, next to Sidharth, practically right on his lap.

Don't be jealous, they are just chatting, besides its a little warranted if your boyfriend looks like Sidharth Raizaada.

"Honestly Sidharth, you haven't changed a bit" She places her hands on his biceps, "And you still look the same fucking hot."

She couldn't hear what he says due to loud music, which makes her wonder, if she's trying too hard.

"let's get something to drink, before we have to bail you from jail." Charlie dragged her away from them towards the bar.

"Would you tell me more about Natasha? And who is that other girl?"

"Hmm.. Well Natasha was part of our group, and she had always had a crush on Sidharth, but he never reciprocated, but they still remained friends, and the other girl... She.. Umm.. "

"Who's she?"

"She's Sidharth's old flame." Shehnaaz felt her stomach dip uncomfortably.

"Why would she bring her here?"

"Shehnaaz, listen to me- Charlie turns Shehnaaz towards herself, "don't get yourself worked up over them, Sidharth is a flirt, you know that, but he doesn't mean anything by that, they doesn't Mean anything to him. The way he looks at you, its like he can't live without you, he looks at you, like you are his whole world."

The words were enough for Shehnaaz's heart to warm up, and also to simmer down her jealousy and worry, but not enough to defuse it completely.

"Kade es phull teh kade os phull teh, yaar Mera titliyan Warga." Shehnaaz said glaring at Sidharth.

Charlie laughed understanding the famous punjabi song.

"Forget about that." Shehnaaz shake the topic off and looks at Charlie, a friend she never knew she needed and smiled softly, "So finally you guys decided to marry eh? I'm so happy for you."

Charlie laughs bashful, "I know, I feel like I’m walking around with a permanent smile on my face. My cheeks actually hurt from smiling so much.” She looks at Harvey who was laughing at something Sidharth said, and Shehnaaz smiled as she can see the love pouring out of her eyes for the man she loves, she has known Charlie for only few months, and has observed Charlie is a lot like Sidharth. Grounded, reserved and not a fan of PDA, but she looks at Harvey with the soft looks, she see how much he means to her, whereas Harvey is like herself, loud and master of PDA, she's happy they are finally getting married after being engaged for so long.

"Shehnaaz? Is that you?" she frowns and turns around to come face to face with Ezra.

"Hey Ezra. What a Surprise." She gives him a friendly hug.

"Yeah, I know. Have been busy in classes, never got time to talk to you in School."

"Well Ezra, meet Charlie my friend, and this is Ezra, he teaches English at the School I teach at."

They both greet each other, and start having a casual conversation. It was relaxing, Shehnaaz forgot she was upset or jealous.

After a while Ezra looked at Shehnaaz and extends his left hand towards her, "Shall we?"

"Shall we, what?"

Her blank look makes him laugh. "Dance of course."

Oh.

Shehnaaz hesitated, she knew if she danced with Ezra, Sidharth wouldn't like it, and she doesn't want to make any scene right now, but then she looks at Sidharth and saw him in a deep conversation with whatshername and thought that of he can spend his time with his friends and entertain his female friends, she can too have some fun with her friends.

"Sure." She took Ezra hands, Ezra smiles and guides her towards the dance floor, and Shehnaaz followed while ignoring Charlie who was shaking her head, it's not a very good idea.

Suddenly she was smashed against his warm and toned body, and as she looks up she realizes that he's a little tipsy from all the drinks he has been gulping.

They start dancing slowly, and she can smell the obnoxious scent of his cologne mixed with a faint hint of perspiration. Not very flattering.

She was getting a little uncomfortable, but she did said anything as she doesn't want to offend him, but he saw her squirming, "What happened?"

"Oh.. Nothing, I just don't know how to dance." She lied.

"Do you need me to show you how?" his voice purrs in her ear, and she cringed and decided that he needs some water. A gallon of it—poured right over his head. 

Before she can deny, he spins her pressing her back to his chest and maneuvering his hands to rest on her hips. He lets his head fall back against her shoulder, his smile sinful. "Just move with me, got it?"

The first sway of his hips against her, startled her and she pushes away from him, but he again spins and pulls her towards his chest.

"God, you are so beautiful." He says, his eyes half closed because of how drunk he is, but then suddenly he’s kissing her, she feels tastes of the beer he had, his tongue slippery and wet against hers.

She froze.

God. No.

No.

Please no.

She fisted her hands and pushed him with all her power, he stumbled back and looked at her with remorse in his eyes as he realized what he has done, and Shehnaaz looked at him, tears streaming down her face, and emotions like betrayal, sadness and hurt swirling in her eyes.

Suddenly she saw a flash passed her, and then she looked at Sidharth and his hands on Ezra's collar, as he pinned him to the nearby counter.

"You asshole!! You Prick!! How dare you!!? You fucking had your mouth on her!!!" Sidharth was fuming and Shehnaaz felt a sudden fear for Ezra.

Shehnaaz stood frozen and then Sidharth's fist collides with Ezra's face, followed by a knee to the abdomen, and then another and another and before she knows it, Ezra was on the ground, clutching his face as blood gush out from his nose and mouth.

"Hey Man, you did enough. Let the fucker go." Harvey stopped Sidharth and pushed him away from Ezra.

"if you know what's best for you, you will not be seen around her, you will not talk to her, you will not look at her, you will not even fucking breath around her. Are we clear?" Sidharth voice was low, but the chills that emanate from him, made people around her to take few steps away, even Harvey took an unconscious step back.

"Sidharth...?" Shehnaaz voice was small as she looked at him with tears in her eyes.

Sidharth gazes at her angrily, and grabs her wrist, he turns around and March towards the exit, while pulling her with him.

In few seconds she feels the cold winter air enveloping her body, and in next second, her back was pressed to a concrete wall off the club, then Sidharth's front pressed against her front.

He puts his forehead on her forehead, "I didn't knew she will be here, I didn't knew she will bring my ex, please baby, they don't mean anything." His lips grazes her cheek, she feels his warm minty breath.

"I.. Know.. "She whispers.

"I don't think you do, love." his arms snakes around her back, and he flushes her against his body, "You know what else I think?"

"Hmm.." she closed her eyes, getting lost in his voice.

"I think people have a really hard fucking time knowing what's mine. And I need to rectify this situation."

* * * *

Their outfits.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 6.5K 29
a story of a soft girl ... who is damn emotional ... and introverted not much expressive ... but sweet and kind ... a story of a kind yet broken man...
819K 73.7K 150
Bigg boss 13 fiction where shehnaaz gill is a wild card and secret admirer of sidharth shukla❤️ From fan to soulmate, the journey is unique in it's o...
157K 10.4K 32
"I'd tried to cut myself from all the passion and hurt I feel for Shehnaz so many times and failed miserably. I couldn't leave her alone now. I didn...
37K 3.4K 31
A story of arranged marriage of sidnaaz. With ups and downs like every relationship yet they come out as the strongest lovers.