Just Because of a Coffee Cup

Por SomeoneFromHell

Melanie Carter is 26 years old. She had graduated from University 2 years ago and now she is working in a suc... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14. part 1
Chapter 14. part 2
Chapter 15
Epilogue

Chapter 2

8.8K 325 2
Por SomeoneFromHell

On the side is the picture of Melanie Carter!

Chapter 2

I was walking in the building. I greeted everyone just like everyone greeted me.

" BABY SIS! " I heared a voice call. I groaned, because I knew the owner of this voice. I turned around and saw my brother running to me.

"Hey. Where were you yesterday? I went to see you after your lunch break, but you were gone." Daniel said. "Yeah, Charlotte let me free. " I said.

We both walked in the elevator. He pressed the number 25 and I pressed 28. Soon Danny walked out and I continued my way up.

At the top floor I took off my coat and took the coffee cups. I had the list of the people.

I walked over to the office and walked in. I was 5 minutes earlier, as usual, so that meant that Charlotte wasn't here yet.

I put the coffee cup on the desk and put the list next to it. I sat at the chair and waited for my boss to arrive.

I heard the door open and I immediately got up from the chair and turned to look at Charlotte, but came to a shock.

"Hey, beautiful!" He said. David Haulden. The Co CEO of Haulden Inc. Also known as Charlotte's brother who is desperately trying to get me on a date for the past three years. Of course, I always say no. He asks for an excuse and I say that I don't want a relationship with my boss. But he still keeps trying.

"Good morning, Mr Haulden!" I greeted him. "Melanie, how many times do I have to tell you to call me David? How come you call my sister by her first name but you call me by my last name?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, David!" I apologised. " It's a habbit." I explained. "Ok. I forgive you today. But just because it is morning and I am in a good mood. " David said and took his seat in the chair.

"Umm... that coffee is made for Charlotte. I can go and make you your black coffee." I said. "No thank you. I already had that one. I will drink this one. " David said.

"So... what's this? " David asked about the list of people. " That is the list of people who will attend a charity ball tomorrow. Only there is only half of them. I wasn't able to get the rest of them. They weren't published yet. Charlotte told me to find out who will attend there. We are supposed to be there. " I answered.

" Yeah, about that. Char is sick. She has got some flu and isn't feeling well. That's why I am here today. And about this ball. Looks like both of us are going to be there. " David said.

Oh, no. Not with him. I definitely don't want to attend this event even with David. He is going to flirt with me all the time and when I will reject his offer to go to a date with him, he will get drunk and do terrible and humiliating things. Trust me, you don't want to know what kind of things. I have lived it. It wasn't anything nice.

I forced a smile. " Ok." I said. " At what time does it start? " David asked. "It starts at 8PM. " I answered. " Ok. I will pick you up at 7.30 PM sharp." He said and I nodded.

"And what about today? What do I have to do today?" I asked. " Well... we could always go on a date." He stated. "Umm... David.  No. I will not go on a date with you." I said. " It was only a thought. But today..."

David started to give me orders. They were a lot but they seemed to be easy.

After that I walked out of the office and started my work.

After some time, a young woman showed up. " Hello. I am here to meet David Haulden." She said. "What is your name?" I asked. I was going to check the schedule. "My name is Prudence Dalton. " She answered.

I started to check the schedule. Her name wasn't in it.

"I'm sorry, but your name is not in schedule. I can not let you in. " I said. "I know. I didn't make an appointment. But I really need to see him. " she said. "Ok. Wait here a moment, I will go and ask him." I said and got up from my chair.

I walked over to the office and knocked. "Come in." I heard a voice say. I opened the door and walked in.

"Oh, Melanie. I am so happy to see you. You made my day better. Are you here to say that you agree to go on a date with me?" David asked with a grin. "No. I didn't. I am here because there is a girl named Prudence Dalton outside waiting to meet you. I didn't let her in because she wasn't in your schedule." I explained.

"Oh. But I don't know anyone with a name like that. " David said. "Should I tell her that you are busy and that she has to make an appointment before and then come and see you?" I asked. "No. Let her in. " David said. "If I will press the button then you have to come here and get her out." David said and I nodded.

I walked out of the office and went to see the girl. She was standing where I had left her.

"You can go and talk. Mr Haulden is waiting for you." I said.

I started to walk back to the office and showed her the way. I opened the door and let the young woman walk in. I closed the door behind her back and walked back to my desk.

The button was a button made on Haulden's desk. If something happend, Charlotte or David presses it and I get a signal here and I know something's wrong and then I go and help them.

I started to dial a number to one company, to let them know about a meeting on Monday, when I saw a red light. The button.

I jumped off my chair and made my way to the office. I pushed the door open, without knocking, and saw a view.

The girl was sitting on David's lap and trying to kiss him. I could see disgust in David's eyes. He was desperately trying to avoid her lips.

"Excuse me, miss! I am going to ask you to stop whatever you are doing and go away!" I spoke. She looked at me. "Leave, bitch!" She said.

"Miss! You have to leave now or I will call the security." I warned her. "Yeah, right. You can't scare me." She said. "Watch me!" I said. I went to the wall on my left. There was a button. I pressed it. "The security will be here in 30 seconds." I said.

In 20 seconds, the door burst open and 5 huge, armed guys run into the office and aimed the guns at the girl. After them, the head of security slowly walked in.

"Ma'am. I am going to ask you to leave in peace or we will do it my way. And my way will be painfull, although, you are a woman." The man said.

"You can't make me!" She said. The man went over to her and took her hand. She screamed. It was obvious he was hurting her. He handcuffed her and took her out of the office. The 5 armed guys went after them.

I quickly made my way to David. "Are you OK?" I asked and put my hand on his shoulder. He put his hand on top of mine. "Yes. She was only trying to seduce me. But my heart belongs to only one person." He said. "And I just cannot do that to her." He added.

"David." I started. "You know we cannot do this. You are my employer." I continued. "I know." He said and took his hand away. I took away mine too.

"I will get back to work. If you need anything, then just call me." I said. "I need something. But I know I can't get it." He said. I nodded and walked out of the office and got back to work.

In lunch time I went for a lunch with Daniel. We talked about what happened with David today.

When I got back I finished my work faster than expected. I was about to get up and walk to David when I saw David lean against my desk next to me.

" I have some papers left at home that I was supposed to give to you. Would you mind coming with me to my appartment? " David started."I promise, I won't do anything." he said. "OK." I answered. "My driver will get you to your home after that." He said. I nodded.

I turned off my computer and then took my coat and bag. We walked to the elevator and David pressed the 'underground' button.

We walked over to his Audi car. I could see the driver in his place. David opened the door for me and we both got in.

After some half an hour we pulled over at a mansion. We got out form the car and David walked in front of me. He unlocked the door and let me in first.

"Wait here, please." He said and dissapeared.

I had been here a year ago. He had forgotten some papers and he took me with him.

After a minute he showed up with a file.

"You need to scan this and send it to the CEOs for Monday's meeting." He said and gave me the document. I nodded.

I walked inside my apartment, past the coffee table and shoved the file on it.

I entered my bedroom and took off my heels. I instantly changed my clothes into some sweatpants and a T-shirt. I climbed into my bed and turned off the light.

I really hope that David won't embarass me in front of all world.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

397K 9.6K 52
"You're annoying. I just gave a speech to you about trying to get me in bed and now here you are fucking staring at my ass." I shouted at him, he smi...
72.9K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...
1.1M 38.6K 39
"Get in." A deep voice inside the car said. That made me back away even more. I was not about to get in a car with a total stranger. "Listen, I don'...
355K 13.7K 31
"What are you getting at son?" His father watched both of us warily. "She's not really My-" the word was about to slip out of his mouth. I wouldn't...