Let me love you

Galing kay M_scorpioxx

My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she... Higit pa

Welcome aboard
Love with strings detached out now!
Characters Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
New updates on upcoming romance
Synopsis of new romance
Love with strings detached upload!
Sneak peek: Drama

Chapter 34

1.3K 39 6
Galing kay M_scorpioxx

Ian's P.O.V

This place is way less crowded than the previous party we went to and I already prefer this. 

The music isn't as loud so, you can hear the other person clearly without the need to either shout or speak right into someone's ear. The lighting is deemed but you can still see everything and there are no annoying flickering lights that become irritating to the eye after a while. 

The party is set in one of the communal areas of the student union building so there are sofas around and two pool tables and drinks on the table at the side. The sofas were pushed back to create more space for people to dance.

"So, for who is this party exactly?" I ask Chloe as she sips her orange juice.

"It's a party that my class organized for only us. It's meant more for the international students that couldn't go home or choose to stay here but everyone from our class is welcome and we're allowed a plus one so that's how you got in, " she says, looking around at the place.

"That's really nice, " I mumble.

"Hey gorgeous, long time no see, " Jacob says as he wraps his hands around Chloe, kissing her on the cheek.

I grinned my teeth to try and hide my discomfort at the view in front of me.

"Hey Jacob, " she says, pulling away from him.

Why do I feel like that hug lasted longer than it should've for two friends?

What am I thinking? Chill Ian!

I don't know why questions like this fill my head whenever it comes to this two. I should really stop thinking like this, at the end of the day I don't know Jacob and maybe I don't really like him, but he is Chloe's friend so, I should try to be civil with him.

"This dress looks really nice on you but then again you make everything look good," he says, smiling down at her.

You know what, fuck what I said earlier, I am not trying shit with this dude.

I feel like his compliments aren't really genuine. I feel like he's trying too hard with words to win her affection.

Is this how relationships work? I hope not!

Letting my eyes wander around I notice that there weren't a lot of people here maybe like 30 people so, that's good. The fewer people the better for me. They have a DJ as well that puts whatever music someone requests and a big tv on the wall where the countdown it's displayed.

We still have around half an hour until the year changes.

Chloe's laughter fills my ears bringing my attention back to her.

How can he make her laugh so easily?

"That's not true! If I made a dress out of a plastic bag, I don't think I'll look so good, but thanks for the compliment anyway, " she says, smiling at him.

How do I steal her away from him? I want to spend some time with her before he gets her attention for the entirety of the night.

"Hey Jacob, come here, want to ask you something, " Felix calls out to him.

"Coming, I'll catch you later, " he says to Chloe before leaving us alone not before throwing a glance at me.

I look at Felix to see him smiling at me before mouthing, you're welcome to me. How the fuck did he even know that I wanted to talk to Chloe alone?

"Want to dance?" I ask her, offering her my hand, seeing as a lot of other people were dancing as well.

"Sure!" She grabs my hand and leads me to a less packed part of the dance floor.

I place my hands on her waist and bring her closer to my body, not to the point where our chests were touching though. She puts her arms behind my neck and bites her bottom lip as we sway around.

I bring my hand up to her face and realise her lip from the hold her teeth had on it.

"What did I tell you about biting your lip, " I say still with my thumb resting on her lip.

"To not do it because I might tear it. I know, it's just a habit of mine, " she says, looking straight into my eyes.

I remove my finger and move my hand down to her waist before lowering them a bit to her hips. When the beat of the song changes, I grab her hand and twirl her around carefully not wanting her to bump into someone before pulling her closer to my body. The move makes her giggle and smile at me as she starts swaying her hips left and right with the rhythm, singing softly along with the lyrics of the song.

God, she's mesmerising.

I don't know what's happening to me. I obviously never felt this way before.

I don't even know what else am I feeling for her, apart from the attraction part. Maybe it's just that, attraction.

"Do you mind if I steal her for a dance?" Jacob's deep voice brings both me and Chloe to a halt.

He has his hand extended already towards her as she slowly pulls away from my arms.

"Of course not, " I wanted to leave the last word out, but I don't want to make things awkward for Chloe.

"Thank you, " he says calmly.

See, this is the thing about Jacob, sometimes, like this very second or whenever he's talking with Chloe, he's being sweet but whenever she has her back to me or isn't within earshot he changes completely. 

Smart kid, I'll give him that.

He takes her hand delicately in his and pulls her a bit further away from me. I watch as he wraps his arms around Chloe's lower back and brings her very close to his body. Her chest grazes his for a second before she places her hands on his shoulders, creating some space between them.  

"Do you want to dance?" A voice I never heard before says to me.

I turn my head to the side to see an unfamiliar girl looking shyly at me. She has long blonde hair and brown eyes. She wears a white long sleeve bodycon dress and trainers. She's pretty but her beauty doesn't speak to me as Chloe's does. 

Regardless, I don't want to be rude and decline because she seems very nervous, I don't want to hurt her feelings.

"Sure, why not?" I say, offering her my hand she accepts it with a sigh as she avoids eye contact with me.

I place my hands on her waist as she puts her on my shoulders and starts moving around.

I throw a glance at Jacob and Chloe and almost forgot how to breathe when those forest green eyes make eye contact with mine.

Unfortunately, it didn't last long as she quickly turns her gaze away from mine and smiled at whatever Jacob said to her.

I'm not exactly sure what Chloe's expression was. She looked annoyed; I think.

I don't know if that's because I'm dancing with another girl which I don't think that's it. After all, it sounds ridiculous now that I'm thinking about it. I don't even know if it was directed at me or maybe something else, she was thinking or maybe Jacob said something to her, I honestly don't know.

I shrug the look on her face off and continue dancing with the unknown girl in my hands. She doesn't ask me anything, I think she's too shy to do so and I'm too uninterested to speak to her. I feel bad saying that but that's the truth.

I glance at the tv seeing as there's only one minute left until the year changes. I sigh looking down at the floor I really wish the person in my arms as I change the year would've been Chloe, but I doubt Jacob is going to let her go now.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, can I grab him for a minute?" Chloe says, smiling at the girl.

I look around trying to find Jacob wondering how Chloe escaped his arms so easily.

"Yes, of course, " the girl says before waving goodbye to me as I wave back.

"Hey, " she says, wrapping her arms back around my neck.

"Hi, " I say back finally spotting Jacob with her other friends, sitting on one of the sofas close to us.

He's already looking at me and Chloe with a clenched jaw.

"Good to have you back in my arms, " I say smiling, feeling a sense of relief.

"Good to be back, " she says, laughing.

"10,9,8...7...6," people started the countdown.

"3...2...1, Happy new year everyone!" Everyone shouts and starts clapping.

"Happy new year Ian, " Chloe says, going on her tiptoes she leans in and kisses me on the cheek.

"Happy new year Chloe, " I say, wrapping an arm around her neck as I bring her close to me.

She returns the hug by placing both of her hands around my waist holding me tightly for a second. I place a kiss on her head before I let her get out of my grasp.

"Happy new year Chlo, " Jacob appears, hugging her and kissing her on her cheek.

"Happy new year Jacob, " she says, smiling at him before excusing herself and going to hug her other friends leaving me with Jacob.

"Happy new year Ian, " he says, offering me his hand.

"Happy new year Jacob, " I say, gripping his hand and squeezing it before letting it go and stepping back to my friends.

Let's see what this year has in store for me.

A/N

Tensions and more tensions between the two boys.

Who do you think will make the first move?

Chloe, Ian or Jacob?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you tomorrow for the next chapter!

Feel free to comment & vote ❤️

Hope you have a nice day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

292K 7K 27
Megan attends college at Clemson University and she has a boyfriend, Christian, that she has been with since high school. She has the great best frie...
8.4K 931 25
Remember when I said earlier I was glad there hadn't been a spark between us when we shook hands? Well, it must have just been on a temporary loo bre...
10.5K 773 42
18-year-old Ashley Whittemore returns to her hometown from New York after her father's death. She didn't want to but she had to - because the person...
4.7K 104 59
Ava is eighteen and has never been kissed. She goes off to college hoping that some guy will sweep her off her feet. Unfortunately, she finds that...