Normal Isn't In My Dictionary...

By MyoneG

{Book 1 & 2 of the Redfield Series} Definition of normal; Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expe... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Eight

228 10 3
By MyoneG

I slowly woke up and felt all my senses reboot, my eyes could see through the darkness and my ears could hear the passing cars outside.

I sat up forgetting where i was and bashed my head on the lid of the coffin, falling back down. I groaned contemplating whether I actually wanted to get up. I decided after a long think that I didn't want to face the world, it never ended well, so I stayed on my back, pulling out my phone and playing angry birds and temple run. Trying to beat my high score. I found that actually my reflex's were quicker on temple run and I best my score with flying colours. I suppose there was some perks.

"So, you're a coffin vampire? Not really a surprise, you were always weird." A mischievous voice asked, mock humour in their voice. It would have been ok if it was one of the boys or even Spike but this...this frightened me.

"Please leave me alone." I begged from within the wooden case, they laughed, and I couldn't work out whether it was at my petty plea or my almost scream.

"No can do sweetie, surely you must have known I was to visit you soon? Once I had actually worked out you were a vampire of course, my incompetent minions were very slow to work that out." He grumbled as if ashamed "But that won't happen again, I have disposed of that worthless creature." He spat, I didn't know if he knew he was saying it out loud but I decided to not intervene.

The lid was thrown open and I narrowed my eyes at Dante who allowed the sunlight to Evade my side and I actually let out an involuntary hiss as it hit my face and I shielded my eyes with my arm and slowly rose up.

"I swear to g-g the man upstairs that if you do not go away I will- I will drop kick you out my window." I groaned, wanting nothing more than to lay there dead.

"See if you weren't a newborn, didn't stutter your words and actually opposed a threat. I might actually consider it," he started, in a joke like term, but it sooner tuned angrier "but as you are none of those things I will not be demanded around."

I let out a groan of frustration as I jumped out my 'bed' and stood up, brushing myself making myself presentable, but I wasn't putting much effort in, it was Dante . Then a rush of emotions hit my in the head and I jostled slightly losing my balance, everything jumped into my brain all at one like I had just recovered from amnesia.

Dante killed my parents. I looked up to him rage filled and pissed. He didn't quite understand fully and rolled his eyes thinking I was just being Eliza. The vampire took all control and the sad thing was, that I actually let it, I wanted it to do and try whatever it wanted to Dante, he murdered them in cold blood.

"You are a fucking asshole." I hissed, stepping towards him viciously. He wasn't fazed. I snarled, baring my fangs in his direction and I could just imagine that my face had morphed into that of a predator. Dante almost laughed."You murdered them!"

Dante froze, he then tried to smile to cover up some emotion.

"So you know then." He stated, watching me carefully. "Your cousins finally spat it out."

"No, the fucking devil did."

Dante looked utterly shocked, even when he tried to cover it, he was gobsmacked.

I lunged, raising my fist towards his face which he simply blocked and twisted backwards andI'll I hissed flipping over and sending a kick to his abdomen which it looked like he hardly felt, he then seemed annoyed and pushed my body against a wall and I almost lost my balance but I quickly flitted back into my stance and tripped his foot, he stumbled for half a second only just blocking my kick catching it and sending me flying over, I groaned as that hit caused me a stupid amount of pain and I recovered slower than before but as I went to lunge again, something sweet made my nostrils flare.

"You shouldn't teach a newborn to flit before teaching them control. It only makes it easier to satisfy their thirst" Dante expressed I caught on to his mockery but I wasn't able to contain it, I was so thirsty and an inhuman hunger almost sent me off the rails. It was a human they had cut their arm open deeply, they had obviously tripped and landed on a smashed piece of glass and it was just outside my window as they headed towards the woods. Fool. They were young, maybe Dante's age, a girl.

"Can you hear their heartbeat? And their sweet sticky red substance pumping through their veins? Sweet sweet blood." Dante urged, taunting me to go after them. I panted heavily, unable to contain my breathing.

"Don't...let me...do this." I pleaded between hungry raspy breaths, my body was pulling me towards them, and my fangs were itching for me to dig them into their soft neck.

"First kills are always memorable." Dante smirked, knowing that I was already heading towards the window, I tried closing my eyes trying to take my mind off of the idea, but all I could see was me ripping her throat open and draining her dry.

The worst part; I had already let the vampire win, I wanted Dante dead before, I let them free and now I was struggling to hold on to that shred of humanity that was keeping my control.

"R-Ryan!.. Peter, Ja-" I tried to tell out but my throat seemed so dry and hoarse that unless they wanted to hear me they wouldn't.

"They won't hear you, they're probably still asleep, it's daylight." Dante smiled, my breathing was so out of control it hurt.

I sped towards the window, clenching the frame tightly and panting and shrieking as I defied my body everything it wanted. I had clear vision of this girl dabbing as he wound trying to clear it up, she was frustrated. The second she removed her napkin from her arm the red liquid was in my view and that was it, I ripped the frame and destroyed the whole window as I leaped outside landing neatly and gracefully on the ground, my reddened eyes and sharp teeth bared, I stalked up to the girl and she didn't notice me until I was beside her, she caught my gaze and almost let out a shriek

"I'm so so sorry." i whispered and I grabbed her arm, sinking my teeth uncontrollably and messily into the girls already bleeding arm. She finally screamed and I did nothing to stop her.

I wasn't quite satisfied, my body wanted more and faster, I pulled away only a second later to dig my fangs into her neck, missing the jugular first time, i pulled back out and hit dead centre to my target, the blood oozing down my throat, saating my hunger, this was amazing. I wasn't even thinking about stopping, I could hear her heartbeat slowing but I only sunk my teeth deeper savouring the last tastes of her blood, before she dropped to the ground, dead.

I looked down at my prey satisfied and not an ounce of regret in my body, I felt alive and I was enjoying it. I felt something sink beneath me and I could fully feel the strength regaining inside me.

I looked up to my window to find Dante standing with his arms crossed satisfied with the results, I could feel the girls blood start to dry on my chin. I wanted to kill more, I wanted to hold their lives in my hands and be responsible for their deaths. I stood over to body and smiled at my mess.

It was only a minute or so later that two of the boys made their way round the corner if the house after hearing some of the commotion I had obviously caused, and the shrieking . It was Ryan and Adam.

I looked back up to my window quickly and Dante was gone.

"Oh Eliza, you didn't." Adam gasped, looking down at the mess I made, I looked boredly at them.

"No, it was the Easter bunny." I said in a serious mocking tone, rolling my eyes, they looked a bit shocked at my response. I simply didn't respond. Something twisted inside of me, it wasn't too painful, it was kind of pleasurable, the feel of the emotion filled side of me sinking, but she wouldn't back down.

"Help me." I pleaded suddenly, but then a loud hiss erupted from my chest and it had sunk, the vampire was in charge.

I walked away from the body and headed towards the front of the house bashing past them both on the way. They grunted as i didn't realise I had hit them so hard, maybe I should had shoved them harder?

I watched as the boys looked down at the drained body, I turned into the house not bothering to look at what they had done with it. Screw them, screw them all.

I stamped into the house, wondering if Dante had actually left or whether he was just waiting for me. I didn't care. I went to my room anyway, wanting to see if I could get any beauty sleep, but even if I could I didn't want to, I felt too alive and powerful for that. I wanted more power.

Surprisingly It wasn't Dante I found in my room, it was the other asshole Spike.

"What do you want?" I growled, staring daggers at him, he cocked his head to the side examining me.

"So it was you who killed the girl out back?" He said, realisation hitting him, he ground his teeth together sharply as if wanting me to say something.

"So? Why does it bother you? Thought you would have approved of the idea?" I muttered folding my arms.

"And I would have, if it was any other occasion." He exasperated, I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Ok...and what occasion is this?" I frowned, he smiled weakly, Spike wasn't his usual self.

"Dante said he would visit you this morning, I don't doubt he had something to do with this," I outstretched an arm and meant that the this, was the new me. "Antonia then demanded I take you to him properly, that is why I'm not completely thrilled that you have now completed the transformation, because it means you don't care as much, and knowing Dante he will take advantage of that. Plus, you know have all my traits, and some of them I'm not proud of."

I just stared boredly at him and wavered him to leave, he clicked his tongue annoyed.

"And by he way, why does no one use the front door?"

Spike chuckled amused, I don't like when he's amused, it annoys me and Since when did I have to do what everyone else says? I don't have to do anything. I stopped by the window. Then I realised he would only demand me to do it, and I wouldn't even have any free will, I hate everyone, I don't like people.

I jumped out the window smoothly and spike seemed impressed at my landing but didn't compliment me on it, I followed behind him bored.

"Why am I so popular lately?" I muttered angrily to myself, I died, I'm over it but even as an undead monster I am treated the same. All I could think about was blood, I was hungry and I wanted to feed.

I clenched my jaw, I had literally just killed someone, kill another so early? Why not, it's a thrill I suppose.

"Spike, can we catch something to eat on the way? I'm starving." I stated, he looked taken aback, like it wasn't me who said it. His face flashed some unknown emotion.

"You want to hunt?" He questioned, I rolled my eyes, nodding.

"Yeah, whatever you want to call it." I said, clicking my tongue. He seemed annoyed but He nodded. We detoured towards a darker part of town and Spike seemed tense, as if something was wrong, or he knew something I didn't.

"Why so nervous Spike?" I teased, he growled as I wasn't bothered by his annoyance.

"I'm not." He replied, turning into an alley, my fangs itched to bite something, and an unlucky boy happened to waltz right past where me and Spike were, I turned to spike. "All yours."

I smirked with hunger and turned out of the alley, stalking my prey, something at the back of my mind told me to stop what I was about to do, but my body refused and kept on going. The boy seemed to notice that I was following him, and he walked faster, slipping his hand into his pockets and he abruptly stopped, smashing me against a wall, knife to my throat. Ok, I have to admit I was not expecting that.

"Why are you following me, who sent you?" He pressed the knife harder against my throat, I only laughed, he seemed confused.

"What's so funny?" He asked, slyly looking in both directions as if someone was going to attack him.

"Your valiant effort." I giggled and using my vampire abilities I quickly pushed him back and he stumbled then I instantly appeared behind him.

"What the-" he gasped his cried becoming chokes as I sunk my teeth into his tender throat, draining the life essence from him. It was warm and was just as I remembered it to be, perfect.

He fell limp, as struggling against me just tired him out more, I dropped his body to the floor and blood dropped off my chin, as I licked my incisors. Spike was leaning against the wall admiring me, I wiped my chin with the back of my hand, and took one last look at the dead boy.

"Now you have to dispose of the body." Spike pointed out, I frowned, where was I meant to put it, In a garbage bin?

"Why can't he just stay there?" I growled, Spike chuckled.

"He can, but you have to cover up the marks, not my chosen option but if you are too lazy to just move it well, fine." He said pushing himself off the wall.

I just glared at him, he walked over to me, glancing slowly at my mess.

"Bite your wrist." He demanded, I did as he said and bit into my wrist, it stung for a second but then eased off, I looked at him expectantly.

He nodded his head towards the guy, It dawned on me, and I slowly bent down on my knees and pressed my wrist to his mouth. The blood dripped into the guys mouth slowly, and it stopped falling after about ten seconds, the wound healing automatically and I stood back up staring at my wrist in amazement that the mark had gone, Spike rolled his eyes at my naivity.

"Won't he turn into a vampire?" I pressed not really caring about it much, I was just curious. Spike sighed in annoyance.

"Of course he won't, I've already told you that you can't turn someone into a vampire when the human is already dead, besides even if he wasn't deceased, giving vampire blood to an ordinary human with no connections to a vampire bloodline is completely harmless." Spike sighed irritated, he must have thought I didn't listen to him, he already started walking off, and I strolled away from the scene following Spike, not even thinking twice about the dead man-well boy.

"Why are you so touchy today?" I asked curiously, appearing beside him and matching his pace. he twitched, and i narrowed my eyes.

"Dante wants me dead, and Antonia is making me deliver you directly to him, and even with my age I can't take on Dante, he's over a thousand years old." Spike explained, something off about his answer.

"Your lying." I stated, before I could stop myself, I had no proof, but I had a feeling, it was unnatural. Spike let out a venomous hiss from his throat at my response..

"All my traits." He grumbled, he ran his tongue along his teeth hungrily. "One of them Is that I can tell when someone is lying, every time. Always have been able to, it's an instinct that comes naturally to me, and now it's in your genes too. Yes I was lying." I smiled smugly, awesome!

"That's so cool," I exasperated almost jumping with joy, careful not to stumble. "You could be a spy, or a ninja!" I cried out excitedly.

"Stop being stupid." Spike growled, he was annoyed, but it didn't occur to me at how annoyed. We were approaching Vampersia and Spike still hadn't told me why he was so jumpy.

"So...why so serious?' I quoted, spike simply shook his head annoyed and vanished in front of me.

"Grumpy pants." I mumbled, also disappearing in the direction I guessed he was heading towards; vampersia. Yay, I thought sarcastically.

I pushed open the door and an instant smell of blood hit my nostrils, it confused me for a second but I got out of my dazed state and continued in, re-tracing the steps I had previously taken on my last encounter, it took everything in me to not charge at a human, that was already being feasted on by another vampire. I quickened my pace and arrived at the gothic office.

Dante had Spike by the throat and Spike was right, Dante looked like it was easy, it didn't occur to me until now about why he wanted to see me.

"Oh my, Antonia finally got bored of you?" Dante teased menacingly, Spike bared his elongated fangs.

"I wish." Spike retorted, Dante finally realised I was in the room, as I causally leaned against the wall, some kind annoying wail seemed to surface at the back of my head yelling for me to do something, do what? I pushed it back down, the remains of my humanity fighting for control, well, that's not going to happen, I like it this way. I don't feel responsible for every person I encounter, it's freedom in a way.

"1697, you slaughtered a whole town overnight, never forgave you for that, did I?" Dante growled, I could see him squeezing Spikes neck tighter than I could have imagined, yet he was still breathing, Spikes tougher than I thought.

"That was one hell of a night, I'm almost famous," Spike joked, I smiled, not understanding anything, but I could ask questions later, after all I now had eternity. "Oh right, your daughter was in that town, she tasted delicious by the way."

Daughter? I didn't even know Dante was capable of love, he was heartless. Dante threw spike to the ground and stamped his foot on Spikes neck, something cracked, but Spike was still fighting. This was something I didn't expect.

"Are you asking for death?" Dante said, in the most fearsome voice I had ever heard, it sent a shiver down my spine and I frowned for a moment, actually worried about what might happen.

"Maybe I am!" Spike hissed between pain and anger. Dante paused for a moment, contemplating, if someone killed someone I loved, I wouldn't think about whether I was going to kill them, I would kill them.

"So be it."

I widened my eyes as Dante ripped Spike of the floor and wrapped his hands around spikes neck. Both their faces full of determination.

"Wait guys," I said quickly, bouncing off the wall, and stepping forward, both their eyes landed on me. Dante looked more curious out of the both of them. "I have no idea what this little predicament that you've got yourselves into, but as much as this entertains me, I kinda need Spike for now, he's like my maker or some shit, I don't know what you call it." I wavered, thinking it sounded as stupid as I think it did, Dante pushed Spike to the ground, and walked to sit behind his desk.

Spike was slow to get off the ground and he had a few blood stains on his face where his wounds had healed, Dante had thrown him down with some force and winded him. I stood not even attempting to help him.

"I'm not sitting in one of those chairs." I stated, Dante smirked, and I think I saw Spike smile from the corner of my eye.

"I wouldn't either." Dante replied, Spike seemed amused with the turnout and Dante shot him an annoying glare. "It's funny, I remember Spike when he was a human, he was never really compassionate about anything, well except his little sister of course, but it's amusing to think that Spike actually has to be responsible...and out of all the people it had to be you."

I smiled, Spike growled under his breath. He walked over beside me, folding his arms.

"Like I have a choice." He said venomously, I rolled my eyes. Well, it's now losing a bit of excitement isn't it really?

"Such a temper, you realise you'll soon get that trait, like a ticking time bomb." Dante taunted, aiming it at me, I frowned.

"Brilliant." I said with the most sarcasm I could muster, anger management issues too, what else, I'm going to grow bunny ears?

"Has he told you about his-" Dante started, looking at Spike the whole time, I smirked.

"Don't." Spike growled, placing his fists on the table, Dante just laughed, looking over to me, and leant back in his chair more.

"I don't care, just tell me why I'm here." I sighed bored, Dante nodded and Spike stood back against the back wall waiting to also hear what Dante had to say.

"I'm sorry but once again you're going to have to sit in the chair." Dante explained, I smirked, as if it was some kind of joke, I folded my arms sternly, shaking my head. 

"No, I saw what happened to Tobias, he almost had his hands and feet burnt off." Dante narrowed his eyes. Spike seemed intrigued, his head tilting to the side, probably at the mention of his relation, but settled for finally rolling his eyes. 

"Sit Eliza, or I'll force you too." Dante growled more venomously than before, I ran a tongue along my lips, thinking for a moment, still refusing to move my feet anywhere near the chair.

"Why?" I quickly asked, sending a glare at Dante. He didn't change his face.

"Because like before, I'm going to tell you something that will give you a huge advantage, and now you're a real dark heart, I'm not trusting you." Dante expressed, I shrugged. Taking slow steps towards the chair.

"That's probably a good move." I pointed out, I sat, but hesitated before lowering my hands into the rests, and arranging my feet into the designated position. Was i really doing this?

I stared daggers at Dante as he pressed the button on his desk, and seconds later, I was clamped down to the chair, chest, wrists and ankles, and it stung like I was sat in a bee hive, I hissed loudly, my skin sizzling under the silver.

My fangs had elongated and I could feel my face change into that of a predator.

"Get on with it then." I growled, Dante seemed amused at this point, I couldn't see the amusement at all, I couldn't see Spike as he was still probably against the wall at the back, most likely laughing at my current state. 

"Simone!" Dante called, I frowned as a lady waltz in seeming cheerful, but glum when her eyes averted to me, she was holding fabric of some kind and Dante was talking quietly, obviously not bothered that I could hear, but Simone walked over to me, as my wrists shook beneath the metal.

She stood before me, holding the fabric in my face, I hissed at both Dante and her, as she reached around my face to tie around my mouth I realised She was human, because I could hear her loud heartbeat thumping away in her chest, her hand was right in front of my mouth. I reacted quickly, chomping my teeth into her hand, she screamed pulling away quickly, scurrying back and dripping blood all over the floor.

"That was not very nice was it?" Dante said, I snorted, Simone looked like she was going to burst into tears, it was only a scratch, I hardly even pierced her skin, Dante looked annoyed, his eyes darted to Spike.

"Make yourself useful and gag her." Dante demanded, I didn't here Spikes footsteps for a few seconds until he sighed. His footsteps were quiet and quick, as I felt strong hands force my head still, I growled uncontrollably and Spike knocked my head, so I opened my mouth and quicker than I could comprehend the gag was around my mouth and he was tying it extremely tight. Dante removed Simone from the room and finally got down to business.

"Eliza, tapping isn't the only way to use the hells call, it's one way, but it would take a minute or so to do, there are three words that can also activate it." Dante started but paused as I groaned, the silver was burning like acid on my skin. I tried to talk but it came out as a mess. I heard Spike chuckle from the background.

"Avarda Demonatria Trildrio." Dante said as if it was his first language, I ran them through in my head. I tried wiggling the gag off but it wouldn't work.

"Spike how many people has she killed?" Dante asked curiously, I frowned, why did that matter?

"I don't know, two? You trying to bury her conscious?" Spike teased, but not in a friendly way. Dante looked as if ripping Spikes head off was the best option, but turned his attention back to me.

I squealed, as the silver continued to burn on touch, I clenched my fists trying to block out the pain, but no luck.

"Two? Hm...no where near enough, I want her to slaughter hundreds and feel nothing."

I held in a gasp, sounded like fun, but some kind of reference to an emotion would be good, like hate, that's a good emotion. I like that emotion.

Dante rose from his chair and walked to a back room for a moment, before returning with a guy, an incredibly handsome guy, he had short blonde curls and dark green eyes, his jawline wasn't perfect but he was handsome. I smiled, his cowering added to the excitement, Dante literally had to drag him into the room and throw him to the ground in front of me.

He rushed back but his back came into contact with the large oak desk and Dante and Spike were on each side of him, fear riddled into the boys skin. He was a young adult at the least and his eyes were scanning the room constantly.

"Why- am I here?" He trembled looking over to Dante, who simply smiled at this, even Spike couldn't hide his amusement. I just glared, my focus on his heartbeat, it was out of control and it kind of enthralled me. My body fought to get to him, ripping its way out of the chair, I screamed unable to control my yells, as the silver bent on all parts, and I was able to wriggle my way out of them, and I fell to the ground in front of the boy, the silver had weakened me a lot and all I wanted was the hunger to dim down. It was slow but the burns had healed, and they weren't throbbing now.

I tore the gag from my face, showing my razor sharp teeth to my prey and made my way over to him.

"Please." He begged, I only laughed. The old Eliza would have tried everything in her power to stop this, but me now, wanted nothing more to rip him apart limb by limb for his sweet sweet blood. I held my finger to his lips to hush him. He gulped at my cold touch, turning his head in Spikes direction, who showed no mercy or pity upon the boy.

I bent his neck and stared at the pulsing vein protruding out of his neck.

Thump, thump, thump...

It was too much to handle, and I don't know when It happened but my teeth ended in his vein, and I was sucking him dry, his pleas becoming nothing more than gurgles.

Once he had nothing more to give, I pulled away, licking the still warm red ooze that leaked from the wound, slowly savouring the taste. I stood up, glaring at Dante, he simply smirked, my eyes caught hold of the doorway he had just came from. I stalked towards it.

Dante made no move to stop me, but Spike went to, and Dante had already stopped him, I slowly entered through the door, and cages and cages of humans were lined up, this room must have been hundreds of miles long, but the building hasn't even been that big, it was like magic. It was like a tardis!

That wasn't what I cared about.

I wanted to kill, I wanted them all, I broke open the first cage and frail woman in her mid forties was huddled at the back, she wore nothing but panties and a bra, like the others in here. I approached her grabbing her head and twisting, it was so easy, blood poured out of the cracks I had just made in her skin, and she dropped dead, human necks were fragile.

I made my way to the next, an old man, he seemed at least sixty, and he was tucked into a corner, I hushed him as he went to cry out, he turned and with all my strength I dug my hand into his ribcage, feeling for his heart, it beat rapidly against my hand and I tore it out from within, he choked and fell to the side. I giggled, throwing the heart, blood, lots of blood. I licked my hand, it was sour, but I guessed that was because It was old. I wouldn't have seen it if it was for my enhanced sight, but right at the end of the massive maze of cages was an extra large cage, this one seemed rusty and worn, like it had been there for quite some time, I curiously flitted the distance and was proud that I had done it smoothly, this tiny little girl no more than six was sat cross legged inside. Why was she so special?

"Are you my guardian angel? Have you come to save me?" She questioned innocently, her brown eyes gaping into my own. She wasn't as scared as I had hoped. I bent down and leant towards the cage.

"I'm no angel." I replied, staring her down, she cocked her head to the side, disappointed. I smiled sweetly, watching her trail circles with her fingers on the floor, she was humming, and I don't know why but it was sharp and strong, it ached my ears.

"Stop that little girl." I spat darkly, she looked at me, pushing out her bottom lip.

"You're a bad person, you are like big meanie." She said, folding her arms, this little girl was strange in a way, yet so young.

"Big meanie is behind you, big meanie isn't happy." She said frightened, I turned and found Dante was standing there watching us both, she glared at him and he gave her a toothy grin.

"Why is she so...so..." I couldn't find the word to fit what I wanted to explain, Dante understood.

"She's my little experiment, and yes, she's quite the little..." He couldn't find a word to fit either, I gazed curiously at her.

"Has she hummed yet?" He asked, I nodded, he laughed. "Hurts right?"

"Indeed, like something had been jammed through your head ear to ear." I said, she didn't seemed bothered about us or the cage.

"As I said, an experiment." He repeated, I stood up, he watched me, as I clicked my tongue.

"So she hasn't always done that?" I figured, he shook his head, if I was in any other mood or shape, I might have been the tiniest bit repulsed at the sight, but I have now worked out that Dante is just as bad as Spike. "Care to share with me what your doing to her?" I pried, he only smirked.

"Of course not, I can't have you knowing everything, besides it's one more reason for you to not attempt anything." Dante said smugly, I shrugged, fair enough.

"I could make you." I threatened, Dante's flashed flashed with some unknown emotion for a second and then smiled.

"But you won't."

"Ah, so the 'big meanie' won't share, fine." I went to walk away, but then stopped. "So this means I can't kill her, right?" I sighed, flashing my teeth in her direction.

"No, afraid not." he replied, figures i thought.

She hummed in defence and I groaned as I grabbed my ears. Dante flinched aswell, she saw Dante's face, and stopped immediately.

"I'm sorry big meanie! Please don't hurt me!" She cried, Dante didn't say a word until I walked away, then Dante talked to his experiment.

Back at Dante's office a minute later, Spike was still there, on his phone talking angrily.

"Yes Antonia, she's fine, don't bother asking about me though. You know Dante wanted me dead, and you still sent me, don't worry the newborn is perfectly dandy, evil and whatnot, Bye." He spat down the phone before hanging up, I clicked my tongue, he was going to make us leave.

"We are leaving, right now, I can't stand this place." He ordered, I couldn't argue, what he said, I did. I shrugged.

"Because I have a choice in the matter." I said sarcastically, Spike tried to smile, but left the room and I was forced to follow. His paces were quick and hasty, mine however were not so enthusiastic, I was staring at everyone in the club, it was crowded by now and the bartender was serving drinks so fast even I struggled to keep up.

Others were making out in the corners, but there were more heartbeats than I had anticipated, did they know where they were? Did the vampires lure them here? Humans couldn't see the place, a familiar face caught my eye though.

"Jessie?" I questioned, her head snapped over to search for the sound, she was sat with her boyfriend, who I remember seeing at the black rose ball I once attended. He seemed tense then though and now he seemed as laid back. Jess got up and walked over to me, a smile lit on her face.

"Well, look at you, newborn vampire," she stated, smile planted on his prrfext face, her boyfriend got up and stood beside her, pecking her on the cheek as we talked. "What are you doing here?" She asked, referring to Vampersia.

"It's a very long story."

"Well vampires have a lot of time." Jessie pointed out, I smiled, they did indeed, but at this present moment in time I didn't.

"Yep, that's true, but I'm afraid every fragment in my body is ordering me to leave, and it's getting really hard to fight." I groaned, not realising how serious it actually was. Jessie frowned, and went to ask another question. "Sorry, I will speak to you when I'm not being demanded out of here." She nodded, half understanding my situation and I used my super speed to appear outside to find Spike, who had his teeth into some girls neck.

He made me follow him, so I could watch this, how do that make sense. I coughed loudly to get his attention.

Spike finished off his snack by snapping the girls neck and letting her drop to his feet, he picked her up and chucked her into the garbage annoyed.

"I was having a lovely conversation, and I was forced to leave, by you, to find you eating someone, how is that fair?" I exasperated, spike growled.

"Be quiet." He ordered, and I actually physically could not move my mouth, I folded my arms angrily. I would have protested, if I was able to. He rested a hand against the wall, bent over slightly, as if he was in pain. "Just...go finish your conversation, talk, whatever."

"Are you alright?" I asked suddenly, there it was, the stupid caring side of me, I really didn't care to see if he was ok, but I did anyway.

"I'm fine."

"You know, sometimes telling me things that won't help you in the future, like when you told me I could tell when people are lying...I know you're now lying." I said smugly, Spike seemed impressed by this, but it didn't hide that he was in pain, he grabbed his stomach.

"Antonia is punishing me alright! Just as Dante does to you, she doesn't like people being rude to her." He hissed, oh, now it makes sense. So it wasn't anything serious.

"Witches are annoying little buggers, the pain adjusts for you body automatically, the more fed you are, or older, stronger the more it burns, I just happen to be all three of those. It feels like I'm being staked over and over, but of course you wouldn't know what that feels like." Spike growled, well that was information that might be useful I suppose.

"Ok, wise old owl." I mocked, he knows everything it seems, I don't think he cared for my reference, or if he did he was in to much pain to care.

"Can it be undone?" I asked, spike rolled his eyes, obviously being naive again.

"Every spell can be undone, it's bloody witchcraft, as long as its the same witch."

Same witch. Well that destroyed the mini plan I formed in my head to help spike, see being good is no fun, "Or a descendant of that bloodline."

Ah! Now that's what I like to hear, but I didn't want to tell him the plan right now, because he would just shoot it down before I had a chance to explain it fully, besides I hadn't actually planned it, the witch that marked him was like a gazillion years ago, and who even knows if every single one of them had children. It could be my good deed of the day. Maybe later.

I returned back into the club, scouting our for Antonia again, who seemed engrossed in her conversation. I walked over to her, carefully manoeuvring through the crowd. She caught sight of me at last second.

"I suppose it would be polite for me to apologise for my rude leaving, hm?" I said, standing beside them both, her smile lot up again.

"I'm assuming whichever one of the brothers turned you is very bossy." She joked, I smiled, close.

"Bossy, but not one of my cousins." I groaned, slouching down on a lone barstool.

"Oh?" She replied, I breathed a sigh, I could be doing anything right now, but I decided to mingle, well, I'm dropping some standards.

"Yeah, I was meant to die, but apparently I'm not allowed, so I woke up dead. Bored, and unsure on what to do with my life." I exasperated, her boyfriend looked at me like I was slightly off my head, and Jessie wasn't much different in the looks she gave me.

"Well, I suppose you had better have a drink, eh?" She laughed, standing up and going to grab some drinks, so I was casually left with her boyfriend, who looked like it was awkward too. He tried avoiding eye contact, as did I. He seemed like he was an unsociable kind, like he would open to Jess but no one else, because he constantly kept his eyes on her.

"So, how long have you and Jessie been together?" I asked awkwardly, well done Eliza, same social skills as always, pile of crap, he breathed a laugh.

"About 178 years?" He thought quietly to himself, adding up in his head, he smiled when he caught Jess' gaze.

"Wow, that's dedication right there." I commented, I fought the urge to roll my eyes, oh he was one of those sappy guys, who just don't shut up about their girls.

"Yeah, she's special."

I almost gagged, oh the thought if me as a human with Tobias, what was I thinking? He's just mindless and easy to manipulate, thank goodness I have buried that emotional side of me.

Jess placed a Bloody Mary in front of me, but it literally was bloody, it was blood instead of tomato juice, better than the original, I managed not to make such a fool of Myself and took little gulps, but it just made me want to rip out all the throats in the room. I grabbed the table tightly, stopping myself from attacking someone, as much as the idea sounded good.

"Woah, calm yourself." Jessie laughed, I smirked, she seemed to be sensing how dangerous I was to every human in this room. I liked dangerous.

I un-tensed and relaxed a bit more, bringing my thoughts to my drink, which I finally managed to handle, we chatted for a little while, I didn't care what Spike was doing, if he wanted me he could come get me, but for now, I was having a good time, even if I was running a line across drunk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

547K 12.8K 25
He would never love her. Want her. Or need her. Althea Williams definition of 'normal' is a lot different to others. To her, normal is being bullied...
28.6K 1.1K 21
Ebony hasn't had the best life. She didn't know the best people. But one day someone treats her differently. The secrets in her life unfold, not lea...
4.9K 83 29
When Camillia Bates's family moves from California to Indiana, Camillia wonders why she has start her life all over in the country. And just when she...
324 37 34
When she was born her mother knew she wasn't normal. Her mother's family itself wasn't normal. She feared that her beloved daughter carried the gene...