Number One Fan!

By Mera2876

A collection of interviews with my favorite writers. More

Number One Fan! Interview with BrookeJade
Number One Fan! Interview with Leigh19
Number One Fan! Interview with Chairsniffa
Number One Fan! Interview with TheOrangutan
Number One Fan! Interview with Animus_Argentis
Number One Fan! Interview with Hrtsmom
Number One Fan! Interview with DeathRage
Number One Fan! Interview with gr8oldgrumpy1
Number One Fan! Interview with haferness3
Number One Fan! Interview with Wattpad
Number One Fan! Interview with Evangheline
Number One Fan! Interview with Emmiie
Number One Fan! Interview with BarryMathias
Number One Fan! Interview with CynthiaClampitt
Number One Fan! Interview with xoStardust
Number One Fan! Interview with XxSkater2Girl16xX
Number One Fan! Interview with Canse12
Number One Fan! Interview with Munni101
Number One Fan! Interview with authorRLynn
Number One Fan! Interview with Vicky_nfs
Number One Fan! Interview with Abi_Kirk86
Number One Fan! Interview with racingheart
Number One Fan! Interview with BrittTheBookSlayer
Number One Fan! Interview with cheesehead
Number One Fan! Interview with Therapysession37
Number One Fan! Interview with viviloves2write
Number One Fan! Interview with CjayS42
Number One Fan! Interview with Jamilla
Number One Fan! Interview with WPNinjas
Number One Fan! Interview with TheAmandaProject
Number One Fan! Interview with Charlaine Harris
Number One Fan! Interview with Diana Gabaldon
Diana Gabaldon Busyday Attachment

Number One Fan! Interview with beckybloomwood

2.2K 9 18
By Mera2876

This interview is with beckybloomwood. If you've ever looked up wattpad stories by popularity then you have seen her story, The Boy Who Sleeps On My Bedroom Floor. It's right up there near the top, which means you've probably read it, too. That means you're probably curious about the mysterious girl (yes, I do know her real name. No, I'm not telling!) who created Luke and Emi's touching story.

Well, this is your chance to sate that curiosity and kill the cat. Becky was kind enough to take the time to answer a few little questions for me and I give you her interview for your reading enjoyment.

*****************************

1.        Tell us a little about yourself. How old are you and where are you from and what do you do?

Why hullo there, I'm 'Becky Bloomwood'. I'm currently sixteen and will turn seventeen next month! I'm from England and like a normal sixteen year old, I attend school and, obviously, I write.

2.        What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I like to spend time with my friends and I also read... a lot. I'm always listening to music and I can't seem to listen without singing along. When I'm home alone, I like to turn the music right up so I can hear all over the house and belt out every song like I'm performing in a Broadway musical or something. It'd be absolutely hilarious if there were hidden cameras in my house or something and it was all caught on tape. Especially as I dance around, too. (I can't dance.) And I watch Glee religiously.

3.        What three words describe you the best and why?

Oh god, erm... probably "little laughing nutter" because I'm really quite short at 5ft3". I'm often laughing because I honestly laugh at everything. My friends actually say they know when a joke really isn't funny if I don't laugh, because I laugh at so much. And "nutter" because I'm a little bit crazy... In a good way, of course.

4.        What actress would play you in the movie of your life and why her?

Well, I'm English, so it'd have to be someone English. I'd probably choose Emma Watson, simply because she was my idol. She played one of my favourite characters from my favourite series of books and as I grew up with those books and films, I've always admired her greatly. She's an amazing actress and even though we don't really look the same, I don't think I could have the chance to cast someone as myself and not choose her. I respect her a lot.

5.        Do you share your writing with your family and close friends and are they supportive?

My family knows that I write, as do my close friends. However, I don't like to let them read my work. None of my friends have read any of my writing, other than a short ghost story that I wrote for coursework when I was fourteen or fifteen. My family hasn't read anything that I've posted on Wattpad because I won't let them. If I ever get published, of course I'll let them read my work then but now... no. My friends don't know about Wattpad, but my family does. They are very supportive and really quite proud of the attention I've received and all the lovely fans I have accumulated. My parents support me whole-heartedly and I know that when I want to take the next step and try to get published, they'll help me in any way that they can.

6.        What is your favourite song?

Wow. There are so many to choose from and if I'm quite honest, my favourite song changes every week. At the moment, my favourite song is probably one of two songs. One is "Blue Lips" by Regina Spektor. She's an amazing artist and the lyrics and melody of the song are just genius. Other favourites of mine from her are "Samson" and "Laughing With". Her music is inspirational. The other song that might be my current favourite is Darren Criss' cover of "Make 'Em Laugh". The original was in the 1950's musical "Singing in the Rain" starring Gene Kelly, and that version is quite fast paced and it's a comedic performance. Darren Criss, being the genius that he is, has created a song that sounds almost completely different. It's serious and dramatic and beautiful. Other favourites of mine by Darren Criss are "Human" and "Not Alone" from his EP "Human". The guy is a lyrical genius and one of the best musicians I have ever come across.

7.        What got you started writing and how long has it been since you started?

I have honestly been writing forever. I've always been a very imaginative person. My favourite pastime as a child was running around playing "pretending" games when I would make up new adventures for my sister and our friends, often based off "The Chronicles of Narnia" or "Harry Potter" but often stories that just popped into my head then and there. If I had to put an age to when I started writing, it would probably be seven or eight. So a good nine/ten years since I started.

8.        The Boy Who Sleeps on my Bedroom Floor has almost 2.5 million reads. Are you surprised by its popularity? How does that make you feel?

I was so surprised! I couldn't believe it! I put it up and I left it for about a month because I wasn't in any hurry to keep writing that story and wasn't even sure I was going to continue it and then BOOM. There were so many votes and comments and reads, I just couldn't believe. I still can't. It makes me feel... amazed. I love the comments I get. The people who read are so enthusiastic and nice and sometimes I just can't help but look at the chapters and read through and just think "Surely, I don't deserve this." I just don't understand how it came to be so popular when there are so many other stories out there that are so much better than mine.

9.        What or who was your inspiration for TBWSOMBF?

I just had this airport reunion in my head. I started writing the story when I came home after two weeks away in the summer and I see everything I write in my mind as scenes in a movie. It's not the full scene, just a snippet which then helps me to write chapters (if that makes sense). All I could see was this leggy blonde girl running and jumping onto this boy in a pink shirt, shorts and flip-flops. And it wouldn't get out of my head. So I wrote it out and it just kind of developed from there. The characters aren't based on anyone from real life although there is a lot of myself in Emi. My love for singing is something we share, as well as the fact that she has an outstanding relationship with her parents, as do I. Emi is tall because I am short and sometimes wish I had a bit of extra height and she can play the guitar because I would love to be able to play the guitar. Luke, sadly, does not exist (sigh).

10.    What do you feel are your strengths and weaknesses as a writer?

Well, I know my weakness is definitely the fact that I am incapable of creating a proper outline and when I do, I don't stick to it. I'd like to think that my strength as a writer is the fact that I can make people feel like they are part of the story. (?) I'm not really sure, but people often tell me how they feel like they are right there watching it or that they find it really easy to relate to the characters (mainly with Emi).

11.    Is there any author in particular whose style influences your own writing and how?

I really don't know how to answer this! I don't really know why I'm finding it so hard. It may be because I have read such a range of books by some many different people, all who write in completely different ways. However, I think that if you are reading a book at the same time as you are also writing (obviously not literally at the same time, you know what I mean, though) then whoever's work you are reading at the time will affect your style in some way. I am sure that my style is different in every story that I write simply because every story I write is different. I like to dabble in different genres and I like to create individual characters (I hate Mary-Sues). I don't think I answered that very well. I think I just babbled. (Sorry... hahaha.)

12.    What was the last printed book you read and the last online story? Were they good?

Last printed book: "You Against Me" by Jenny Downham. All I can say is wow. Great, original storyline, characters you just fall in love with and a real story about loyalty, morals, family and, above all else, love. Also, a real mystery. I couldn't stop reading and finished it in a day.

 Last online book: The last online book I read was actually a fan fiction (don't judge me). It isn't complete yet but it's honestly amazing. It's a Glee fanfic called "Dalton" by CP Coulter. It's a spinoff from Glee and it's about the new boarding school that Kurt attends. I had to read a load of spoilers to understand because I live in England and it hasn't even got to the episode where Dalton is introduced yet. It was totally worth it. It's incredible and exciting and happy and heartbreaking all at the same time. I laugh, I cry, I smile and I also sing along sometimes, when I know the song being sung. It should be made into a TV show. Even the OCs are awesome and fantastically developed. If you like Glee, check it out.

13.    What book would you most recommend for other young ladies to read and why?

There are so many books that I have loved and could recommend to you and if you want, you can message me for a list of recommendations. Now, I am only allowed to pick one and whenever I am asked to pick one book to recommend I always say the same book, whether it's for a boy or a girl. My recommendation is "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom because it is a work of pure genius. It's not a YA novel but it isn't a challenging read in any way. It is beautiful and I fell in love with it when I was thirteen and I've read it several times since then. It's one of the most staggeringly touching novels I have ever read and I have nothing but respect for Mitch Albom.

14.    Would you be writing if you hadn't found Wattpad? How has Wattpad influenced your writing?

I would still be writing if I didn't know about Wattpad. The only difference now is that I'm writing for someone other than myself. Wattpad has probably made me more conscious of how the way I write things affects the people who read it. It has influenced me because of this, as I now spend a lot of time thinking about how to keep the readers guessing e.g. Romeo's sexuality is something that many readers question me about. They'll have to keep reading to find out.

15.    What do you feel is the most important thing for a story to have to get popular on Wattpad?

A good, unpredictable and original storyline paired with a good title, as well as characters the reader can connect with and get attached to. Also, the author can't be afraid of what people will think. It's better not to conform to what the masses want. Don't write about vampires because everyone else is. Write about what you want to.

16.    What would you most like to say to the hundreds of thousands of people who have read your story?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

I FREAKING LOVE YOU ALL. WITH PASH. FOREVER. <3

Don't forget that you are my cherubs and I read all your comments and messages and appreciate you all a lot. A lot, a lot. (Wow, I can't say 'a lot' without quoting 'The Parent Trap'. That film is AWESOME.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 562 26
روايه اماراتيه تتكلم عن مثايل وحيده امها وابوها الي عانت من الم الانفصال الام : نوره الاب : محمد تاريخ الكتابه : 19/3/2023 تاريخ التنزيل : ..
332K 19.2K 41
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
261K 39.8K 102
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
104K 283 25
here are some of my horny thoughts as a trans man with a pussy. snap if you wanna sext ;)