Chief and I ⇢ Charlie Swan Fa...

By BriFlare

Frustrated by life, forty-something Charlie can't stop himself from being interested in Gemini, despite their... More

chief and i
i. drive all night
ii. in the morning
iii. tiffany, embry
iv. dinner with the cold ones
v. let's talk gemini
vi. eyes closed
viii. is there somewhere
ix. call out my name
x. eyes on fire
xi. fishing trip
xii. playing with fire
xiii. uley men
xiv. this woman's work
xv. maria failed mission
xvi. through tiffany's eyes
xvii. special attention
xviii. its a what...girl fight
xix. then it's up, then it's stuck
xx. sheep's clothing
xxi. friend you can keep
xxii. baby, you're jealous
xxiii. leah's idiot
xxiv. a pregnancy pause
xxv. company
xxvi. a daughter's daughter
xxvii. alien superstar
xxviii. legends never die
xxix. the chief and i; the official illustrated guide
xx. that's the reality

vii. breathe me

19.7K 522 141
By BriFlare

When you can tell your story
and it doesn't make you cry,
that's when you know
you've healed.

vii. breathe me

When Charlie regained consciousness, he found himself on his bed with a sleeping Gemini next to him. He just laid there and watched her sleep.

Eventually he worked up the courage to touch her. He kept running his hands over her face, ever so gently. He ran his fingers through her hair and sighed.

Gemini barely stirred.

"Wake up." Charlie said as he saw her eyelashes fluttered.

They opened.

Her eyes which had turned orange tint color focused on him. She blinked and her eyes were back to their normal brown color.

And then she smiled. It made his heart swell in his chest.

"Does your eyes change color when you wake up?" Charlie asked.

"Sometimes but mostly only when I phase." Gemini answered in a slow, still sleepy voice.

Charlie nodded.

"How long was I passed out for?" Charlie asked.

"Maybe three hours or so. You must have been really shocked." Gemini replied.

"Well, I wasn't expecting to have a supernatural soulmate. I can barely handle the wolves running around here." Charlie said.

Gemini chuckled.

"I think you're doing a good job of handling it." Gemini said.

Charlie smiled.

"I wouldn't be the Chief of Police if I didn't know how to handle things." He said.

She reached out an arm and played with the back of his hair.

"Why do I feel the need to kiss you?" Charlie asked as he stared at her lips.

She grinned at him.

"Because you like me." She answered.

"Are you sure it's not the mate thing?" He replied.

"Could be but are you going to kiss me?" She asked.

Charlie ran his thumb across her bottom lip. His phone started ringing and Charlie pulled his hand away from her face and picked up his phone.

"Hello...Bella, I'm fine. Nothing is wrong. I just took a nap." Charlie said into the phone.

Gemini rolled her eyes at the things Bella was saying.

"Bella, I am a grown man and your father. As much as I appreciate your concerns but trust me, Gemini is not a threat to me." Charlie said.

Bella continued with her rant about how she couldn't find any information on Gemini being related to Tiffany and she could be a serial killer or something.

Gemini started shaking. She bit her lip from screaming out. She didn't care about what Bella was saying about her but talk about her child and Gemini will declare war on you.

"Bella, enough! The biggest threat in my life is you raising my blood pressure. Goodbye!" Charlie yelled as he ended the call.

Charlie looked down at his shaking hands and then he looked at Gemini.

"I'm sorry. Calm down, I can feel your anger." Charlie said as he grabs Gemini's hands.

Gemini closed her eyes.

"She's going too far, Charlie. I don't want to hurt her because she's your daughter but Tiffany is my pride and joy and I'll kill anyone who disrespects her." Gemini said.

Charlie nodded.

"I understand. I'll have a talk with Bella." Charlie said.

"Charlie, that book...it's not all true about me and my kind. I mean yes we can be very thrive on creating mischief and mayhem, may have violent tendencies but we're also very loyal to the ones we love." Gemini said as she grabbed the book from the nightstand.

Charlie sighed.

"I know... remember I can see everything through your eyes. I just wish you had told me sooner. I would have never assumed things about you, Gemini." Charlie said.

Gemini nodded.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I just didn't expect to find my soulmate. I didn't know how to go about it." She said.

They lay there and looked at each other.

"Crap! I'm Tiffany's step-dad, and Embry's step-grandpa, I'm too young." Charlie said.

Gemini laughed. She knew Charlie only said that to make her relax and take her mind off of Bella.

"Well, you have another daughter to walk down the aisle." Gemini said.

Charlie was confused.

"Is Tiffany getting married?" Charlie asked.

Gemini shook her head no.

"No, not yet but Embry called his father while you were passed out and Lucas didn't even let the boy enough talking before saying he was on his way." Gemini said.

"And you think Tiffany and Lucas are still in love with each other? Wait?! Lucas Uley! He's Embry's father." Charlie said, shocked.

Gemini nodded.

"Yes, I'm surprised no one saw how similar Embry and Lucas look like I mean they could pass as brothers." Gemini said.

Charlie sighed.

"Harry made a joke about it once but Sue shut it down, saying 'I would know if my younger brother had a son' so no one ever mentioned it again. Boy, was she wrong." Charlie said.

"Yeah, well Lucas is definitely not going to let Tiffany or Embry get away from him." Gemini said.

Charlie smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" Gemini asked.

Charlie shrugged.

"I don't know but for some reason I feel like I can breathe much better now." Charlie answered.

"Is that a good thing?" Gemini asked.

Charlie nodded but frowned.

"Gemini, we have to take our time. I can't jump into a perfect fairytale with you. I need to know what I'm getting myself into with you. I mean you don't age and I do. It's a lot to take in." Charlie answered.

Gemini bit her lip and nodded.

"I understand." She said.

"Good. We can make this work." He said.

"I hope so." She said.

vii. breathe me

"Yeah, so my dad is Leah and Seth's uncle. Turns out, him and my mom had like this forbidden romance thing." Embry said as he ate a sandwich at Sam and Emily's place.

"Who told you who your father was?" Quil asked.

"Oh, Gemini. She even gave me his phone number and I called him. He's on his way here. He's super excited to meet me." Embry answered.

"How does Gemini know he's your father?" Jacob asked.

"She's my mom's cousin. There had to be at least one person around my mom to know." Embry answered.

Seth smiled.

"See Gemini is not a threat. A threat wouldn't bring such joy as solving a mystery like that." Seth said.

Embry smiled.

"She's amazing." Embry said.

"Do you know what she is?" Sam asked.

Embry nodded.

"What she is? Is she a mutant?" Jacob asked.

Embry shook his head no.

"No, she's family and makes the best sandwiches ever." Embry replied.

Embry smirked. He knew he was getting on their nerves by refusing to spoil any information on Gemini.

"Jacob, alpha order him. He's hiding something." Sam said, glaring at Embry.

Embry closed his eyes, ready to defy the alpha order but what he didn't realize was he had just summoned Gemini, who left a shocked Charlie alone in the kitchen with a pot of boiling soup.

Gemini stood in front of Embry in a defense stance with her orange eyes glowing, ready to attack.

"What the hell!" Quil exclaimed.

Embry opened his eyes and gasped.

"Shit! Did I do that?" He asked as Gemini looked at him.

"Are you hurt?" She asked him.

Embry shook his head no.

"What the hell is going on? How did she get here?" Paul asked.

"Embry summoned me." Gemini answered as her eyes changed back to her brown eyes.

"How?" Jacob asked, looking at Embry.

"What were you guys about to do to him?" Gemini asked.

"We were just asking him questions." Sam answered.

"No, grandma, they were trying to alpha order me to tell them about you." Embry said as he quickly stood up and moved closer to Gemini.

"Alpha order, huh. So, instead of having the balls to just come and ask me about myself. You whether abuse your powers as alpha and force him to talk. I should kick your ass." Gemini said.

Embry grabbed Gemini's arm, stopping her from going to attack Jacob.

"As much as I would like to see you beat him up, grandma, let's not make things worse for us." Embry said.

"Why do you keep calling her, grandma?" Leah asked.

"She's my grandma." Embry answered.

"What?!" Everyone shouted.

Embry smiled.

"Pretty cool, right. She's immortal, so cool." Embry said.

"What are you?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, tell us." Jacob said.

"I'm none of your business. I don't like you and your packs. And pass the message along to the Cullens, if they keep trying to make me a threat than I'll really become one." Gemini said as she grabbed Embry and dusting away.

The pack watched the grey, dust-like particles disappear.

"What the hell!" Jared yelled.

"We need to tell the Cullens." Jacob said.

"And what did you not see her eyes? What she can do? She may be strong enough to slaughter us all. I say we leave her alone." Leah said.

"We have to protect the tribe." Sam said.

Leah rolled her eyes.

"The tribe is not in danger. She's clearly not a threat. She is Tiffany's mother and Embry's grandmother. Do you think Embry will forgive you all of you attack his grandmother?" Leah asked.

Jacob frowned. Leah was right. Embry would never forgive them if they harmed Gemini and he would probably kill them and dance on their graves.

"Leah is right. Maybe, we should just talk to her without treating her like a threat." Jacob answered.

Sam shook his head.

"Whatever." Sam said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 8.4K 23
A boy who would live forever fell in love with a girl who wouldn't last the year. "if i loved you less, i might be able to talk about it more." --- ...
16.8K 348 20
"Okay, come on. We're both adults here. We can tell people we're...together." - Jake. Permanent. Like Sharpies. That's what they were looking at now...
1.5M 32.6K 76
This story is complete and unedited ⚠️Warning⚠️ Smut in this Book!- Description of sexual activity, body parts, Inappropriate language, gif that sho...
28.8K 646 14
Dealing with life in Forks Washington was proving to be difficult for you. Bella Swan's arrival, the newborn army, and Jacobs imprinting with the hom...