Percy Jackson: The Light Brin...

By AlmightyMortal

Original Storyline :- A normal life was all he asked for. He didn't ask to be chosen by the devil, king o... More

The Last Normal Day
Stranger Danger
The Devil You Say?
It's Alive! It's Alive!
Mother To Daughter
My Turn
An Angry Woman Who's Also Immortal
Friendly Neighbourhood Demons
Secret Meeting Of Betrayal
Celestial Radio
Golden Apples? Pfff
She Broke My Goddamn Sword!
Yup, It Talks
Sheesh, You Look Nasty
The Bar For Wisdom Is Really Low, Huh?
Downsizing
Foot Algae...A Disturbing Thought.
A Prophecy? Seriously?
Ugh, So Uncomfortable
Be Dressed For Anything
A Real Spoonhead
I'm Faster
I Explode
She's Missing
I Explode Again
Evil Plot Children Are Tight!
Why Fear? The Exterminator's Here.
Dream Video Strikes Again
Excuse Me While I Ponder The Meaning Of This
Family Messenger
Second Problem
Octopuses Are Weird
Why Must Another Exist
A Bit of Fun Torture
I Make A Successful Bargain... Not
I Name Thee Dragward
I Sprout Up Scientific Laws
Mysterious Ice Cream Girl
Death Is Crazy
Turns Out Humanity is Cattle
Use Niflheim Entrance Please
Five Hundred Doors For What?
HammerFLIX
No AllFather, I Am Your Father
Are All Valkyries Mean?
I Spend My Day Carrying Luggage
Girls with capes are scary
Bad Horsey!
I Get It! I'm Stupd!
Barry And Larry
I'd Rather Not Be Incinerated
I Get Punched in the Face
Excessive Suspense
Dream Video: The Sequel
The World's Largest Data Centre
PS: Don't Go Around Granting Wishes
Neon Shenanigans
Close Calls To Being Squished
I Knew He Was A Phil
A Painfully Pleasant Reunion
Oops, Die Now
Too Sticky For My Taste
A Dangerous Trade
We Gotta Get Outta Here
Nothing Lasts Forever
Between Fire and A Really Hot Place
Divine Assistance
Insanity And Death
Maybe It's Time
[[{ Final Author's Note }]]
The End, Or The Beggining?

Apocalypse Briefing

6.7K 168 68
By AlmightyMortal

<Edited on: 1 August 2021>

   'Oh...My...Dad!' Lucifer shrieked, and I mean literally shrieked.

   "That's...surprising," I said with a slight tilt of my head. But by now, I just felt...indifferent. I raised the sword up, preparing for it to be claimed or something. "So, are you going to take it or not?"

   'No,' He replied in a blunt tone.

   "What do you mean?" I asked, my eyebrows scrunched. "If this is some kind of test, I'm going to be pissed."

   'You can keep it,' Lucifer said, 'Clearly, it belongs to you.'

   "What are you talking about?"

   'The weapon is only as good as its wielder,' He spoke in a tone with a hint of sadness. 'And you've managed to wield it almost as good as I did.'

   "Wow!" I said, my eyes wide. "That's...really nice of you."

   The sword started to hum in my hand, turning into a shiny golden in colour.

   'I hath chosen him as the light bringer.' It said, its metal moving with the flow of the words. 'He is truly worthy of being the Lightbringer.'

   Lucifer became silent for a moment. Then, he spoke.

  'So be it,' he said with a tone of finality. 'I, Lucifer Lux, give you the power of the Lightbringer.'

  'May father watch over you...' He then added in the end, 'Wherever he is...'

   I suddenly hunched over in pain. From the corner of my eyes, I saw something bright, and within a second, it was gone.

   And just like that, the pain subsided.

   When I got up, I felt the same but...stronger. I also noticed burn marks on the ground on a one-foot radius around me.

   In a sudden burst of energy, I felt all my senses heighten by an enormous amount. If I paid attention, I could feel disturbances around me. [[{ Like the 'force' from Star Wars }]]

   I wanted to see the limit of my abilities. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I slowly let my senses spread out. I almost stumbled from the information input.

   I first felt the magic from the garden of Hesperides. Which I guess made sense considering I had just been there. I felt the magic from the Empire State Building, aka Olympus. But I even sensed faint ripples of magic from other places...

   Boston, Brooklyn, and so many other places across the globe. Each type of magic was different from the other.

   I reached out even more, and then suddenly, I felt something latch on to me. It started...pulling me. The sword hummed in my hand, but I didn't feel it as anything more than a slight nudge.

  'Perseus!' I felt my senses go deeper into the ground.

   'Perseus! Snap out of it!' My senses hit some kind of barrier, but the force seemed to pull me through. Down there...there was someone.

   Someone intensely powerful was there, power in the league of Lucifer and Uriel...maybe more. The being moved in a sea of chaos until it looked at me. I wasn't able to make out its features, but its eyes...they were horrifying. They were a swirling mass of colours. One look at them, and you could see the destruction they portrayed.

   As it turned towards me, it flared its power. The sensation was too much for me to handle, and I tried to pull back, but I was stuck. I tried harder and harder and started to panic when nothing happened.

    I then felt something wrap itself around me and pull me out. I gasped as I opened my eyes. The entire forest was shrouded in darkness.

   The Sword of Eden was now a dark shade of blue. Lucifer was silent, and supposedly so was the rest of the world because I didn't even hear the rustling of leaves.

   "Who was it?" I asked in a low tone. "The person I felt?"

   The temperature suddenly dropped a few degrees. It was almost like the world was begging me not to ask.

   'She, young hero...' The devil slowly said, 'Was Abad'don'

   'The First Born, Spirit of The Bottomless Abyss, Herald of End,' He spoke in a grim tone as the forest seemed to keep getting colder.

   'No one, save for my omnipotent father, can rival her power. Not even I can compare to her.' He said as I paid close attention to his words. 'She is destined to one day be released by the horseman and result in the destruction of creation.'

   "I don't get it..." I said, pondering something. "Why not just ask God, your father, for help? He is, after all, as you said, omnipotent."

   Lucifer scoffed at this like the answer was obviously irrational.

   'My Father is an eternal being of unimaginable power,' he said, chuckling a bit. 'If he wishes, she would simply cease to exist with a mere thought.'

   "Well, what are you waiting for then?" I asked, disbelief on my face.

   'You don't know him, not as we do,' he said, and I could swear I heard the sound of teeth-gritting. 'He NEVER interferes with his little creation that we call the universe.'

   'The only time he did was when banished me and locked up Abad'don inside that very pit she housed. But that was a one-time thing only.'

   "So what now?" I asked, "What am I to do next?"

   'Are you familiar with the tale of the four horsemen?'

   "Not particularly," I replied. "I'm guessing that it's not pleasant?"

   'They are a terrifying force of nature. When they are released, beasts will turn on man, plagues and famines will rage across the earth, wars will be fought, and death will prevail.'

   "I'd rather not all that happen," I said with a nervous laugh.

   'Unfortunately, for you and the world, the horseman War has been freed. He has been wreaking havoc on all different pantheons, agitating sleeping powers.' Lucifer said grimly.

   "What?!" I cried out, "We have got to stop it!"

   'He...is War.'

   I knew I didn't have a choice. I couldn't just let everything burn up in flames, no matter how I wanted it to.

   "Fine, what do you want me to do?" I asked with a slight groan.

   'My power here is limited,' Lucifer said. 'First, you must meet me, truly meet me.'

   I froze. Did that mean...

   'Yes, you must travel to Hell,' He finished my thought. 'Which means you must first travel to Tartarus.'

   "Makes sense, I guess," I said with no enthusiasm. "So the actual hell is in Tartarus?"

   "Not quite,"

   "True hell is more of an abstract concept, never existing in a fixed volume of space.' All I heard was a bunch of new words, but I let him continue anyway. 'The Door to Hell exists in almost all pantheons. Although, not many entities know about it.'

   'Fortunately for you...Tartarus and a few others do. You will have to meet his physical form and have him guide you.'

   "Nothing fortunate about this," I grumbled to myself.

   I was freaking out on the inside. My last talk with Tartarus was less than pleasant. It involved with him saying something in the lines of 'I'll kill you, Jackson'

   "That might as well happen," I sighed. "So what do I do now? Do I jump into Tartarus just like that? Are you gonna open me a portal, like those other fanfics with 'chaos'?" I said sighing

   'First of all, don't talk about other fanfics over here. And second...' He paused for dramatic effect. 'You will have to do something much worse.'

   Oh great...just what I needed.

   "All right, bring it on. What must I do?" I asked with a mocking singsong voice. "Rip off the band-aid."

          'You must be captured by Olympus,'

<Remember To Vote>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520K 13.4K 22
After enduring Tartarus and then winning his second war, Percy Jackson is the Champion of Olympus. However, he didn't come out of the war his normal...
51.9K 782 34
Percy Jackson, the two-time hero of Olympus ran away from his home at Camp Half-Blood to escape a punishment he did not deserve. Betrayed by the ones...
89.7K 3.6K 23
The demigods are mortals in a death match. In this wild multi-pov story, there is only one Victor. And that's a promise. »---▻ featured by @Fanfic »...
101K 1.5K 22
Percy was broken. Betrayed. His heart ripped to pieces. The last straw was when Annabeth kissed another camper. He couldn't do it. With the help of H...