Play that Song (Given x Reade...

De unfinished_writer

A story of how a lazy teen met a boy with history and a boy who was tired REPUBLISHED AND DISCONTINUED!!! War... Mais

Forewarning!!!
Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Valentine's Day Special
Chapter 18
Character Info 2
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 3

4K 174 228
De unfinished_writer

*Underline* is English and lyrics

'Italics'  are thoughts

Y/n POV:

Ding, dong

Ding, dong

Ding, dong

Ding, dong

'Finally... lunch. Now  I can get away from these people for a few minutes.'

I stood up out of my desk and started to head towards the door, leaving my things at my desk. I usually eat at lunch, but today I don't seem to be hungry. I turned back towards my desk, patting down my pockets, making sure I have my phone and earbuds. After scanning over my desk, my eyes wander over to the sleepyhead sitting next to my desk. I sigh.

'I don't think he was paying attention at all during class. He may fall behind.'

I pause for a moment.

'Wait, he's not my friend and we have barely spoken, why do I care.' I ponder this question for a few seconds in my head.

'Oh, I know why! I'm just a nice person who cares for others even if I get nothing in return. Yeah, that's the reason, no ulterior motive. I'm so smart!'

I silently chuckle, knowing I know absolutely nothing and only manage to survive school by relying on my ability to easily memorize things. 

I tear my gaze from the boy and quickly notice the big guitar case sitting right next to him.

'Hmm... I bet he plays. I mean why else would he drag that huge thing to school. Maybe he's good at playing. If I ever get the courage, I'll ask him about it.'

I quickly realize I have been standing up for more than a minute and if I didn't get a move on, I would likely have less time to be by myself. With that thought, I turn and leave the classroom, luckily not gaining anyone's attention. I start to meander down the halls trying to find a place to relax.

"Now where do I want to lay today? Empty music room? No, the hosts are there today. Photography club? Hell no, I don't know what they do in there and I want to keep it that way. Ughh... where can I go  where I won't be disturbed?'

Abruptly, I hear 2 boys talking to each other rather loudly, down the hall from me.

"Hey dude, wanna play basketball in the gym?" the first boy asks.

"Sure. We need to find a team though. Maybe go ask Shogo, he seems pretty interested in that kinda stuff," the other responds, sounding excited.

"The gym..eh?" I say quietly to myself.

'Oh yeah, there is a stairwell connecting to the gym. No one really goes there. There are some nice windows that line the walls too. Other than the loud noises coming from the gym, it's the perfect spot to relax without having to deal with others...I've made up my mind, that is where I will go today. And if it gets too loud, I can always turn my music up.'

"Perfect," I mutter to myself, hoping no one is paying attention. Not that anyone ever is, but it is always possible. 

"What could go wrong?" I mutter again as I start to pick up my walking pace, trying to get there as soon as possible.

As I approach the gym doors, I hear the light squeaking of shoes and the irregular thumping of a basketball. I pause before the door.

'Must be someone in there already. Whatever, I could care less, I just need to get to the stairwell. I'm sure they won't even mind me walking through.'

I quickly open the doors as quiety as possible, walk through, and speed over to the doors leading to the staircase. I keep my head down to avoid making eye contact with the person dribbling and shooting hoops.

'I am glad I came here early enough to avoid the crowd,'  I think before reaching the doors leading to a place where I can get a few minutes of peace.

Hasilty, I open the doors and walk through, leaving the doors to close themselves.

I look up, continuing to stand, and look around the area, making sure it was suitable to relax in. There was a metal cart full of old basketballs sitting in the corner under the stairs, collecting dust. There were a few exposed pipes, but that was to be expected. I shift my gaze up, looking at the stairs. At the top there was a large platform, connecting the two sets of stairs.

"Yep, this looks good enough," I said out loud, knowing no one would hear me. 

Slowly, I make my way up the stairs. As I take each step, I slowly feel my energy being drained bit by bit.

"Wow... I should workout more. If I can't walk up a few stairs without being tired, there's no way I'll be able to survive office work," I say out loud again. I sometimes talk to myself when I'm alone, it just helps me figure out things faster.

Not paying attention to where I'm, I trip on the last stair right before where the platform begins.

Already accepting my fate, I can feel myself falling in slow motion.

'So this is what it feels like to be the anime protagonist. Ohhh...um..what's the quote? I'm a failure? Yeah, I think that's right. Pfftt, my mind is way too funny,' was my final thought before I completely face-planted into the ground, my arms laying limply at my sides.

"Owwww," I said, my words being muffled by the floor. "That hurt a bit."

'No shit Sherlock'

"I love it when my own brain betrays me," I sarcastically say, pushing myself up with my arms, into a sitting position. 

The platform was bigger than I thought. The sun shone through the large windows, giving the entire room a relaxing aura. Looking closer, I saw the railing almost made a benchseat, wrapping around the wall, sticking out a bit, right under the window.

'It may not have been built for sitting on, but you bet I'm going to sit on it.'

I walk over to the corner of the rail, turn around, back to the window, and slightly jump, pulling myself onto the make-shift bench, in attempt to get my butt on it. After successfully pulling myself up, I lean my back against the glass and bring my right leg to be slightly bent in front of me, still on the railing. I leave my left leg somewhat hanging off, slightly swinging. I can feel the sun gently shining on my face as I close my eyes.

'Yeah, this is nice.'

I smile, enjoying the warm rays hitting my face. 

I open my eyes again, pulling out my phone with my earbuds messily wrapped around it. I quickly unravel them and start scrolling through my phone, trying to find my playlist with all my songs. Once I find it, I quickly hit shuffle and wait for the music to start, putting the earbuds in my ears. I close my eyes, continuing to wait for the music to load.

'I hope I get some relaxing music, I'm not really in the mood for anything really upbeat or fast.'

(Mr. Loverman by Ricky Mongomery. Video on top for reference )

I'm headed straight for the floor

'I guess my playlist is feeling a bit sad today'

I prepare myself, knowing this song often causes me to feel sad. I slightly hum, knowing the tune.

The alcohol's served its tour

'Poor Ash'

And it's headed straight for my skin

'Poor Eiji'

Leaving me daft and dim

'Poor Shorter'I've got this shake in my legs
Shaking the thoughts from my head

'Why was that show so sad? I should not have cried so hard.'

But who put these waves in the door
I'm cracking out
I pour

I'm Mr. Loverman
And I miss my lover, man
I'm Mr. Loverman
Oh, and I miss my lover

'If  heartbreak hurts as bad as he makes it seem, maybe I should never fall in love.'

The ways in which you talk to me
Have me wishing I were gone

'The feeling of missing someone,'

The ways that you say my name
Have me running on and on

'is such a terrible feeling.'

Oh, I'm cramping up, I'm cramping up
But you're cracking up, you're cracking up

'It's so hard to explain to someone who has never felt it.'

I'm Mr. Loverman
And I miss my lover, man

'It's like you feel an over-whelming sensation of sadness'

I'm Mr. Loverman
Oh, and I miss my lover

'And yet, you feel nothing at all'

I'm shattered now
I'm spilling out
Upon this linoleum ground

'Like tears that forever threaten to fall.'

I'm reeling in my brain again
Before it can get back to you

'You know you can never see them again'

Oh, what am I 'sposed to do

'But,'

Without you?

'the only thing you wish for is to see them again.'

I'm Mr. Loverman

'To speak to them again.'

And I miss my lover man

'To laugh with them again, to make more memories with them.'

I'm Mr. Loverman

'And to hold onto them forever.'

Oh, and I miss my lover

'But I know that is a false reality.'

I'm Mr. Loverman

'We can never bring them back'

And I miss my lover, man
I'm Mr. Loverman

"I'm Mr. Loverman," I quietly sing, knowing the song was getting to me.

And I miss my lover

"And I miss my lover," I softly harmonize with the singer.

'I miss you Dad...'

And with that the song ends.

I turn off my music and keep my eyes shut.

'I think that is enough songs for today'

My fatigue starts to hit me and I slowly drift off into a light sleep.

3rd POV

Unknown to them, a quiet salmon-haired boy was laying down, watching Y/n.

'I miss my lover too,'  Mafuyu thought before joining the h/c-ette in slumber.

Not going to lie, this chapter got me in my feels. I may publish a chapter in the future that will mention the songs that will be used in the books. None of them are my property, I just think adding certain songs will add about more to Y/n's character. I also thought it was worth mentioning that all the characters in this book will be bisexual/pansexual. I know I may be messing with forces greater than myself, but I want to add some fluff moments into the story, so I'll change a few things. I'm not sure if I'll have a set romantic partner but I'll try my best.

Also, since my school uses the quarter system, classes go really fast and I get a lot of homework in a relevently short time. For example, if it take about a month to get through a unit in the semester system, it takes one to two weeks for my school to go through the same unit. My classes are also 3 hours long each. This is not an excuse, but I may not be able to update as frequently, so sorry about that.

Have a good night!

-Kyra

(1760 Words)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

20.7K 762 12
↳ 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐥 morning as you roamed the halls of your school. Walking side by side with your best friend; 𝕹�...
269K 8.2K 79
A Deku×OC×Bakugou story ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To Izuku, everything was perfect; perfect friends, perfect rival (with whom he is in love with), perfect t...
71.5K 669 29
I'll write so much fluff, it'll be disgusting. But depending on my mood, I might write angst and if you're lucky, some smut too. It will of course, a...
145K 2.1K 41
[COMPLETED] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ok hii this story is basically oneshots of alot of characters. You my beautiful reader are my oc!! You just get...