The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes [Ed...

By Civilized_Nerd

❝When Cerise Brooke's annoying ten year old klondike bar crazed sister slips a note under her crush's cupcake... More

The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes
Chapter 1 : #29
Chapter 2 : Summer is over. Yay?
Chapter 3 : Let the Cupcake Apocalypse Begin.
Chapter 4: When The Cupcakes Come Crumbling Down
Chapter 5: Almost Doesn't Count
Chapter 6: Partner. Oh, partner.
Chapter 7: When The Hamsters Come Out To Play
Chapter 8: Denial Hit Me Like A Brick (Part One)
Chapter 9: Denial Hit Me Like A Brick (Part Two)
Chapter 10 : Hakuna Matata...What a horrible phrase
Chapter 11: Barrels Of Trouble
Chapter 12: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be FriendZoned? (Part One)
Chapter 13: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be Friendzoned (Part Two)
Chapter 14: To Be FriendZoned Or No To Be FriendZoned (Part Three)
Chapter 15: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be FriendZoned (Final Part Four)
Chapter 16: When Disaster Strikes, You Strike Back (Part One)
Chapter 17: When Disaster Strikes, You Strike Back (Part Two)
Chapter 18: The Fault In Our Detention
Chapter 19: Mom's Back In The City?
Chapter 20: Your Days Are Numbered
Chapter 21: Is this some kind of sick joke?
Chapter 22: It all Started With A Letter Under A Red Velvet Cupcake
Chapter 23: The Book Of Letters (Part One)
Chapter 24: The Book Of Letters (Part Two)
Chapter 25: The Book Of Letters (Part Three)
Chapter 26: Bound For Life (Part One)
Chapter 27: Bound For Life (Part Two)
Chapter 28: Bound For Life (Part Three)
Chapter 29: The Trouble With Human Beings (Part One)
Chapter 31: The Trouble With Human Beings (Brief/ Final Part Three)
Chapter 32 : This Cheerleader Has Secrets (Part One)
Chapter 32 *Additional* : Promises And Pizza
Chapter 33: This Cheerleader Has Secrets (Part Two)
Chapter 34: This Cheerleader Has Secrets (Final Part Three)
Chapter 35: Party Countdown : 4 Hours To Go (Part One)
Chapter 36 : Party Countdown : Two Hours To Go (Part Two)
Questions For TNOMC Readers
Chapter 37 : No Hours To Go (Part Three)
Chapter 38 : Cheerleaders Shouldn't Drink (Part One)
Chapter 39: Cheerleaders Shouldn't Drink (Part Two)
Chapter 40: Nights Like This
The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes One Shot Competition
Chapter 41: Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Part One)
Chapter 42: Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Part Two)
Reader's Thoughts And Answers On 'The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes'
Chapter 43 : Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Final Part Three)
#Wattys2015 Announcement
Chapter 44 : I Guess It's Time
The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes - One Shot Contest Winners
Chapter 45 : Unforgivable Faults
Chapter 46 : R. I. P Coffee
Chapter 47 : Relationships, Revelations and Right Timings
Chapter 48: You're Sick And I'm Hopeless

Chapter 30: The Trouble With Human Beings (Part Two)

41.4K 1.8K 399
By Civilized_Nerd

Chapter 30:  The Trouble With Human Beings (Part Two)

"Since this your first time having me as your teacher I will let you off with a warning, Mr. Archer." Mrs. Ventricle said, her pointy nose high in the air as she spoke to the male. "And this goes for all of you errant slackers : Do not arrive late to my classroom." 

Byron rolled his eyes, displaying no concern for the teacher before taking the available seat next to me. 

The very seat that Ayer Wattson sat in for science class. He was a skinny twig with huge glasses, much larger than mine and was allergic to everything in the book. Sadly he hadn't returned to school since last week. All because of Cheesecake Thursday. If only he hadn't eaten the cafeteria food. He knew he was allergic to sour cream. 

And due to his absence Byron had full advantage to his seat.

The rest of the class went by slowly which I dreaded since Byron did anything to get my attention, but still failed to gain it. I searched in my case for my writing utensil to jot down the ongoing notes off of the board. When my pen dropped he swooped in like some superhero grasping the opportunity.

"I think this is yours."

Of course.

Bring twelve pens to school and only have one working, Cerise.

I looked up to meet his blue eyes filled with triumph now that I had acknowledged him. It was beginning to be difficult not to.

I plastered on a fake smile as I went to pluck the pen out of his hand, but he moved it further away with a mellow challenging laugh. "Not until you talk to me." 

How childish could he get? I was not talking to him and that's final. I reached out further for the pen but like before he moved it. The same actions occurred three more times before I couldn't take it anymore and said..

"Give me my pen!"

The students in the classroom averted their eyes to the both of us. And this was not a nice feeling to have almost forty human beings all staring at you like you had four heads, especially for a person who did not like attention.

Mrs. Ventricle's right hand had stopped at the board and she turned around slowly to address the distraction also known as me.

"Is  there a problem, Miss..."

"Brookes." I filled in for her, "And no there's no- no problem, Mrs. Ventricycle.- I-I mean Ventrihicle. No, Ventricle." I stuttered, causing the students around me to laugh. Including Byron in the corner of my eye.

Mrs. Ventricle's eyes surveyed me for a second, her intimidating witch nose still high and almighty in the air as she turned around to the white board once again.

I glared at Byron who sent me his renowned smirk as he placed the pen on my desk with another wink.

*

"Nutella is way better than football. How can you even say that? Can you eat a football? I don't think so."

I laughed at the conversation that was going on between Kelly and Vince near our locker. The two could find anything to argue over which made them so perfect together. However her and Aven were care bear worthy as well.

"I'm just saying football is way more popular." Vince defended, his hands up in defense.

"Cerise, which is better?" Kelly  turns around to face me right on cue as if she smelt my presence in the air. "Nutella or Football?"

I hate being the decider in arguments, but the answer for this question I know for a fact.

"Nutella."

"In your face, Vincy!" Kelly exclaims, doing some weird victory dance that makes the both of us laugh.

"Of course she'll agree with you. You're her best friend. She has no choice." Vince retorts, leaning against Kelly's closed locker.

"I do have a choice. Nutella for the win, Mr. Jock." I stuck my tongue out playfully, joining in Kelly's weird victory dance.

"Remind me never to invite you two to a party if you're going to dance like that." Vince says with a laugh. "Speaking of parties....Anyone heard about the party Luke is throwing tomorrow?" 

"I heard. Hear it's going to be big since it's like the second party since school opened." Kelly answers

"Even if I was invited which I'm probably not; I wouldn't go." I say and Kelly nods, remembering our last encounter with Luke.

"I'm probably not on his guest list... He probably still feels that kick when he's asleep." She jokes with a sly grin on her face.

"No children for him." I sang, opening my locker.

"You kicked him in the balls?" Vince asks in shock.

"Well if I chose the face, it would be too noticeable, wouldn't it?" Kelly smiles maliciously

Vince shrugs agreeingly and wraps an arm around Kelly's shoulder "I've taught you too well. Now let us go to class." He says ever so proper

"Catch ya later, Siri-gator" Kelly yells over her shoulder as they leave.

"Still not feeling that." I mutter to myself as I take out my books for second period which is of course English.

My favorite subject.

"There's my favorite loser."

I didn't have to turn around to know who those words came from.

"What do you want, Serena?" I asked, closing my locker, but not turning around.

"Just wanted to check up on you." She answered, "See if you're ready for your big night tomorrow." 

I'm guessing she didn't get the memo that she had no power anymore and that Bianca had already given me uniform and accepted me onto the squad. But that's just between you and I.

"I can't wait." I reply with the most artificial smile I could plaster as I turn around to view the red haired goddess dressed in a pink sweetheart neck top with a short neon green mini skirt and matching stilettos.

"Glad to hear." She smiles ever so brightly before making her way anywhere, but gladly away from me.

*

 "Gosh, what have you done to that woman, Carter? She hasn't moved her eyes since we came in here." 

Carter let out a groan and tossed the book he pretended to be reading aside. "This is why we shouldn't do our project in the library."

I shrugged. I hadn't made it noticeable that I knew about Carter's new girlfriend for a small period of time. And I'm assuming Serena didn't know. Like I had sworn before, I was keeping our relationship on a strict student to student level.

The library was my favorite place from day one, but now knowing that our librarian has a thing for Carter makes my stomach turn and I'm not sure if I can focus on a book ever again.

"Okay, let's just ignore her." I say, but then looking at her has became a short habit of mine. "Have you ever noticed that mole beside her ear?"

"Seriously, Cerise?"

"Sorry. I just come in here for the books." I say in defense.

"Whatever. Have you thought of a name yet?"

"I have actually." I say, clearing my throat as if I'm preparing to say a speech. "Rome." (Pronocunced: Rome-ee)

"It can go in the maybe box." He said, shaking my name suggestion off.

"I like it. What do you have against Romes?" I ask, smiling at the hamster in it's container.

"I dated a Rome. Blonde. And let me tell you: Not a good kisser." He says, leaning back in the chair.

I roll my eyes at the fact that he doesn't want to name our hamster the name I chose because of some barbie that can't kiss good.

"It's Rome and that's final." I announced.

"Fine, it's your hamster."

"You mean our project." I correct, handing him a few sheets of paper.

"Hey, wanna hear something funny?" He asks, sitting up in his chair.

"Now is not the time for jokes, Carter."

"I saw a girl that looked exactly like you at the 'Donovan's Ice Cream Parlor yesterday."

I stop sorting out papers at that. I straighten up in my seat and listen attentively.

"But I doubt that was you." 

"Of course not. I have no life, remember?" I say which come out more nervously said than expected.

"Right. Well let's finish up."

*

"And then Courtney, Kelly and Liza will end it off with a flyer." Bianca instructed the group of girls that were obeying her orders.

I watched as they performed their amazing stunts and felt sick in the stomach at the thought of me doing all of that. There was no way I could do it.

I tried pulling my skirt down some more, but failed. How could girls walk around in these things? They were so breezy and somewhat uncomfortable.

"Cerise, you look amazing." Bianca said when I entered the gym. She and Allison made their way over to me.

"Uh-Thanks. Do you have anything longer?" I asked her and she looked at me like I had lost it but then laughed it off.

"We're cheerleaders, honey. Not nuns." Allison retorted with a smirk, but Bianca elbowed her.

"No, we don't have anything longer." Bianca answered sweetly. "Isabella can help you with the hang of things for the meantime. Just—" 

Bianca was interrupted by the sound of the gym doors bursting open. The devil's daughter had entered and pissed was an understatement when she saw me. 

 __________________________________________________________

 A/N: Vote and Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 73.4K 45
Completed - He had me pinned against the wall outside of his dorm late at night. He was staring down at me angrily. I was confused to say the least...
278K 9.2K 59
Samantha Jones has lived most of her life in a small village she can't await to escape. No matter her story and background, she has worked ridiculou...
21.4K 774 30
Here: Meet Ashley Riverwood, Hellingfield's queen bee. Seemingly flawless, her just-as-doll like posse behind her, the school practically bowing down...
1.3K 109 18
This book was written in 2016 when I was obviously going through a ruff time, and honestly this book sucks. But I'm to lazy to edit it all and don't...