Dead Beat ✔(Editing)[1]

By Vanshika231

Formerly known as "Never Let Go - Trapped" Caitlyn King has a sweet, loving fiancé whom she is getting marrie... More

Prologue
Chapters
Male and female lead cast
Chapter 1 : Gift for fiancé (new)
Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)
Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)
Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)
Chapter 5 : The guest (new)
Chapter 6 : Feast by Beast (new)
Chapter 7 : Glorius heartbreak (new)
Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)
Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)
Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)
Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)
Chapter 12 : Fire & Ice (new)
Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)
Chapter 13 [Curly troubles]
Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]
Chapter 15 [Son of bettle]
Chapter 16 [Neck fetish]
Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]
Chapter 18 [Invitations]
Chapter 19 [Phone and red]
Chapter 20[Too easy]
Chapter 21 [Brother copy]
Chapter 22 [Royality check]
Chapter 23 [A sadist]
Chapter 24 [Crazy rambles]
Chapter 25 [Room details]
Chapter 26 [First mistake]
Chapter 27 [Make her care]
Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]
Explaination!
Chapter 29 [Running away]
Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]
Chapter 31 [In blood]
Chapter 32 [The threats]
Chapter 34 [Please no]
Chapter 35 [Girly talks]
Chapter 36 [Lock in room]
Chapter 37 [Handsome man]
Chapter 38 [The intimacy]
Chapter 39 [True face]
Chapter 40 [Lizard, pig]
Chapter 41 [The promise]
Chapter 42 [Wait, what]
Chapter 43 [Love kiss]
Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]
Chapter 45 [Short blouses]
Chapter 46 [Italy chase]
Chapter 47 [The handcuffs]
Review
Completed & Sequel!
Chased By Him
His Good Girl
covers for the book
Under the Bedsheets

Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]

3.3K 162 57
By Vanshika231

"How big is this party going to be?" I genuinely questioned after turning my face to my left to see him.

He had held my hand in a powerful grip as we descended down the hall to the stairs. Whole house was decorated beautifully with sparkle lights and different types of roses. The most amazing and fascinating thing was that the roses were real and of black, red, white and green color. 

To where I knew, green and black ones are very rare and most expensive in the market and the thing that he loaded such a huge amount of them, clearly showed the power he held. He was much more rich than anyone's imagination.

Great, what if someone asks me how much he earns? Heck, what if someone starts speaking their nonsense about our love life. Has he called my friend and relatives too? He told me that my parent would be coming but what about Drayton? Is he too coming? 

I had so many questions for which I wanted answers from him but watching as he didn't even answer my earlier question, I didn't dare to ask anything else. Besides, I don't want his attention on me anymore, not like I ever wanted. 

We were about to reach the stairs when he abruptly stopped and turned to look at me. He gripped my arm and pushed me in a corner, behind the curtain which was adorned with fur. I kept my hand at my chest to calm my loudly beating heart.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" I hissed as I breathed heavily.

"You better do something good to your language. I don't want to teach you now on how to behave. Stand straight, now." He hissed without any humor and pushed my hand away from his. I stood abruptly as I was leaning on his arm for too long for my liking and his unliking.

"I–I fucking hate you. You always behave rudely with me. What have I ever done to you? Why do you always make me feel like I'm your fucking maid?," I cried as I looked at him through my glassy eyes. I added harshly while furiously rubbing the corner of my eyes, "This time, I'm warning you to behave properly with me, Mr. Bradford and you better get that through your skull." 

I don't know the fuck was wrong with me but I knew that something was wrong with my shitty mind. Why am I even crying? I don't know the reason behind my mood swings. Am I going mad these days? Has he started fucking with my mind, now?

He just looked at me as if he was pondering over something. It looked like he was trying to judge me and my actions which were totally innocent. I know, I may not be the innocent person on the earth but I'm not the cruelest even. I don't know why that god had to gift this man to me only when there are millions of girls in this world.

I knew. I always knew, that I was born as a curse only. I should have died when I was born. I–I–I don't know any fucking thing. One period, I'm crying and sad over my life whereas next minute I'm angry and back to myself and then again I'm irritated with everything that's happening around. 

Am I on my periods? Maybe they started early this time? But it is just past one week. I cannot be on periods this early. But the question remained in my mind, was I? I needed to go the fucking bathroom rightthat moment.

"I need to use the washroom. Please excuse me for a minute." I spoke dryly, breaking the eerie silence between us.

He broke out through his trance and looked at me swiftly. I just stayed there, pinned on my position waiting for him to get a side. I raised my eyebrow when I didn't get a response out of him even after one whole minute.

"Listen to me, Caitlyn. You will be with me during the whole party. I don't want you roaming without me even for a second. It's better that you get this straight through your head when I'm talking sincerely. I don't want you talking to any other men besides the one who are family and relatives. Is that clear to you?" He spoke carefully while eyeing me with a emotion I could not decipher.

What was it? He was threatening me but there was something, some other emotion in his voice. Here I go, imagining things again. His voice was soft with an underlining threat in it. I closed my eyes as I got to know what that was. Jealousy. 

"Just because you don't like the way I have dressed, doesn't mean that you will stop me from meeting other businessmen. I will gladly go and roam around there in this dress only, in front of your eyes and thousand men there. You don't have a say in my life." I spat as I flaunted my dress to him while pointing my finger towards the hall where the party had started already. 

"Oh this gives me the more reason to keep you by my side. Now that you reminded me of this so called dress issue, you will surely be staying by my side whole night. And if you dare to go against what I have said, your father will bear the consequences." He said in his emotionless but gruff voice with his over smart mouth.

I would love to taste what this mouth could do other than threatening. Aaah..... Shut up, Caitlyn King! 

"Don't you dare to blackmail me again, Mr. Bradford. You are no one to order me around. I'm telling you that even if a scratch comes to my dad's body, I will not leave you. I'll ruin your whole existence, Mr. Bradford. " I fumed as I clutched his collar in my hands and glared at him.

He looked at me in silence with disgust visible in his eyes. He put his hand on mine and was about to speak something when he smiled affectionately at me and caressed my cheek.

"You look so lovely when you fight, my wife." He spoke lowly while inching closer to me and nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck. I visibly stiffened as I tried to shook himself off me but he grabbed my hands and whispered in my ear.

"Stay put. A press member is taking our pictures. Wrap your hands around my neck."

I stopped struggling and looked past him in the mirror. I wrapped my hands hesistantly around his neck when I saw a reflection of a man with camera in his hand.

"Now listen to me carefully and I don't want any arguments on this. It's for your own safety. I need you to be beside me all the times. Don't talk to any man even if he seems sweet to you. Do you fucking understand?" He hissed softly in my ear while brushing his nose on my neck.

I trembled under his touch and inhaled sharply while moving my hands to his shoulder. My senses got intoxicated as I felt goose bumps on my body because of him breathing continuously above my neck. His warm breathe fanned my cheek as he looked back into my eyes. I nodded without any words and kept looking at him.

"W–We should go now." I stuttered as I blinked my eyelashes, looking away from him. It was too much effort to even look at him. He nodded as he removed himself away from me after he saw the media person retreating back to the party.

Did I just gave in to his order? Please, fucking no.

He grabbed my hand again and strolled towards the stairs with me trailing behind him and trying to match his pace with in this awful heels. I should have fucking murdered Mia for making me wear these creatures. 

And Samantha too because she was the only one who suggested her that idea. After I was here back, I called Samantha to only that the bitch has already returned for Spain. Didn't she run away from New York too fast?

I guessed so.

My left eye twitched as Mr. Bradford put his hand on my waist and dug in side in that of mine, making me swallow hard at the intimacy of the action. But in reality there was no intimacy, let alone any attraction between us. The reason behind his actions was crystal clear.

We had already reached the party and were descending down from the stairs when multiple lights and cameras flashed towards us, making me almost blind for a second. Almost.

I turned my gaze and squinted my eyebrows as I prevented the flash towards my eyes by blocking the view. As we reached down, I looked as people saw Theodore Bradford and me with their open mouth. I could bet on the thing that there were hundreds of people here who were seeing him for the first time in their life.

So, yeah, you could say that surely that all the sweet acts he was playing were just a facade. Just like him. He was such a good actor and bastard. I got startled as he pulled me more near himself and set his hand at my bare back.

I gulped anticipating what he was about to do. I unconsciously shivered and bit my lip as a cold wave of air hit me like a truck on my almost naked body. Yeah, they really made me wear a stuttered dress. I would have preferred to die that wearing something as ethical as this. Note the sarcasm, please.

Even though I may admit that I looked sexy and a total bitch but seeing the way he reacted, I'm sure as hell that I didn't look decent. Whatever, I'm not going to wear this ever again and that too in a party. I would have preferred wearing this if we were in some beach or club but here, a straight, big no.

I twisted my neck to see everyone looking in our direction. There were thousand questions lingering in the air which were fired by the press. I squirmed under his hold, not knowing what to do and how to react. As if on clue, he bent down and put his lips on mine making me gasp inaudibly and shut my lips tightly. 

He was taking advantage of my condition. He knew that I wouldn't pull a stunt here, in front of everyone. I stayed stiff when he made no move to remove himself. My breathing labored as I felt his mouth opening and his tongue darting out.

I gulped without changing the position of my head or neck. Most importantly, my lips. I shut my eyes as I felt his tongue touching my lips, licking them in the process. This was a whole new sensation. 

I did not know why but I clenched my lower region and sucked in a deep breathe through my nose till the stomach. It–It felt somewhat pleasant. My heart thumped wildly as my mind ran in different directions to find out what I was feeling. Was it euphoric? Ecstatic? Aroused? Hell, no!

My eyes flinched open when I felt him moving back. I blushed furiously under the gaze of hundreds of people gathered here and now cheering us. H–He, He really kissed me in front of everyone. Maybe just a peck. But it was not just a peck, he l‐licked my lips. 

What do we call this? 

A peck-kiss?

I was brought back to the land and in reality when I felt him pinch my waist, making it stung. Wait, you Mr. Bradford. I slipped my hand that of under his and further into his pocket of coat. I grabbed a handful of cloth and pinched him over layers of clothing. 

"It s the first time you are holding a function, Mr. Bradford. Would you like to tell why did you always prefer to be behind the doors?" One of the question, like others flew into air just like that but it piqued my interest. I cocked my eyebrow before smirking at him.

"Why don't you answer some of their questions, honey?" I preferred sweetly and loudly for everyone to hear as I looked up at Mr. Bradford, batting my eyelashes at him. I wanted him to divert his attentions somewhere else so that I could roam freely.

Now, you must be thinking that I agreed to stay with him just moments ago? Yes, but that was only for show. He can't except loyalty from me and that atleast not towards him.

"Mr. Bradford, from how much were you both dating each other?"

"Mr. Bradford, did you marry for betterment of your business? Mrs. Bradford, is that reason?"

And just like that, everyone had their own questions. I did not expect everyone to show this much interest in our relationship. Then again, you never know anything when you are with Mr. Bradford. My thoughts diverted as I felt him stiffening beside me.

"You all have come here to enjoy the party, so do that. Don't go poking your nose where it doesn't belong. And about our relationship, isn't it easy enough to get that we are married? Why are you all drawing your own stories? Excuse us, now." He interjected.

Even though it hurt my ego a little to admit but the way he spoke an d handled them was... powerful, too say the least. He looked like a king with nothing to hold him back. I'm sure if he wanted then he could have easily thrown them out and they wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.

He looked sexy with his gravelly voice which was cold and emotionless. I didn't know that he could look that handsome in his black armani suit with golden watch adorned on his right wrist. He looked an epitome of hotness. I really have gotten one hell of a husband.

A husband who has got no manners. Who is rude to everybody, even to me. Who knows nothing beside everything should be done according to his thinking. Who slapped me a day ago and I already forgot about it. I don't know why but my mind really have forgotten about it. But, I have not forgiven him for that.

And, he looks least interested in gaining my forgiveness. The person didn't even apologize to me. And on the top, he threw a check at my face which felt like a slap to my self respect. Even though, it didn't hurt me but my face still stung with the force of his words.

He thought of me as a money lover slut?!

Now I change my admission. He is not sexy but a dangerous sexy beast. If words and looks could kill, we didn't need weapons anymore then. Soldiers could have taken him with themselves to kill the enemies with his infamous always glaring face.

I huffed and sauntered along with him to god knows where. We were stopped as one of the businessman interrupted us midway. He shook his hand with Mr. Bradford and nodded at me, smiling 

I zoned out as they both talked in some other language unknown to me. It was not French, it was not Spanish and it was not Italian too. Which language was it? I bit my lip as I heard his accented voice, molding the language as if he had known it for thousand years.

I shook my head and looked around to find some acquaintance. I gasped as I saw my mother, father and brother talking. There was someone else on the table which I felt hard to believe. Is she really here? I tried to shook of Mr. Bradford's hand from mine but to no avail. 

After a minute,  when the person left, he turned his annoyed gaze at me. Before he could open his mouth, I put my hand on his mouth making him close his mouth. When I realized what I did, I dragged my hand back as if the touch burnt me. And did. It did burn where my hand was on his lips.

Caitlyn. Caitlyn. Caitlyn. What are you doing!? Stop all this, right at the moment. 

"I– My parents are here. I want to meet them, please."

"Sure, let's go meet them." He said smoothly while putting his hand back at my waist. I looked at him baffled. He wanted to meet them? But I did not want him to meet them! What have I gotten myself into, god?

Help me! I'm sure Drayton would kill him the moment he sees him. I know him. He is here for that only. To meet Mr.  Bradford. What should I do? Where is Catherine? I looked hastily I order to find his family members. There must be somewhere here only. They have to be

"What are you waiting for? Don't you want you to go?"

I looked at him, missing my heartbeat for a moment. I don't want World War Three happening today. By the looks of it, Drayton is very happy and smiling at mom and dad. Making me sure that he is upto something.

"I want to meet Catherine first. Where is she?" 

"Catherine? Weren't you supposed to call her mom?"

Here we go again. I should have called her mom only. 

"Yeah, your mom. Please, take me to her. I want to meet her." I begged as my muscles tensed under his gaze.

"Yes. Let's meet yo– our parents. I have waited too long to meet my in-laws." 

The what?! God, help me. It will not be too late when I will really kick his ass and chop off his legs and feed him back. It is a blind spot to talk to him and lure him to not go in the direction of my family because I know, he will go there. With me or without me.

♤■■■♤

Vote and comment, please!

With love ♡♡♡ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 309K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
1.1M 34.2K 66
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS CUTE, HOT, SWEET, SEXY, ROMANTIC, MUSSY, DRAMATIC, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. Beware. EXTRACT (SUMMARY BELOW): “Like father, like son...
1.6M 50.6K 43
Isla King grew up wealthy, but not as wealthy as Billionaire playboy Arturo Calendri. The family company was being taken over by Arturo's greedy fath...
622K 32.4K 54
"Shhh! Do not make a sound.. or I won't refrain myself to tie you up!" His grip on my wrist tightens. I need to get my book from him, in which I wro...