Percy Jackson: The Light Brin...

By AlmightyMortal

Original Storyline :- A normal life was all he asked for. He didn't ask to be chosen by the devil, king o... More

The Last Normal Day
Stranger Danger
The Devil You Say?
It's Alive! It's Alive!
Mother To Daughter
My Turn
An Angry Woman Who's Also Immortal
Friendly Neighbourhood Demons
Secret Meeting Of Betrayal
Celestial Radio
Golden Apples? Pfff
Yup, It Talks
Apocalypse Briefing
Sheesh, You Look Nasty
The Bar For Wisdom Is Really Low, Huh?
Downsizing
Foot Algae...A Disturbing Thought.
A Prophecy? Seriously?
Ugh, So Uncomfortable
Be Dressed For Anything
A Real Spoonhead
I'm Faster
I Explode
She's Missing
I Explode Again
Evil Plot Children Are Tight!
Why Fear? The Exterminator's Here.
Dream Video Strikes Again
Excuse Me While I Ponder The Meaning Of This
Family Messenger
Second Problem
Octopuses Are Weird
Why Must Another Exist
A Bit of Fun Torture
I Make A Successful Bargain... Not
I Name Thee Dragward
I Sprout Up Scientific Laws
Mysterious Ice Cream Girl
Death Is Crazy
Turns Out Humanity is Cattle
Use Niflheim Entrance Please
Five Hundred Doors For What?
HammerFLIX
No AllFather, I Am Your Father
Are All Valkyries Mean?
I Spend My Day Carrying Luggage
Girls with capes are scary
Bad Horsey!
I Get It! I'm Stupd!
Barry And Larry
I'd Rather Not Be Incinerated
I Get Punched in the Face
Excessive Suspense
Dream Video: The Sequel
The World's Largest Data Centre
PS: Don't Go Around Granting Wishes
Neon Shenanigans
Close Calls To Being Squished
I Knew He Was A Phil
A Painfully Pleasant Reunion
Oops, Die Now
Too Sticky For My Taste
A Dangerous Trade
We Gotta Get Outta Here
Nothing Lasts Forever
Between Fire and A Really Hot Place
Divine Assistance
Insanity And Death
Maybe It's Time
[[{ Final Author's Note }]]
The End, Or The Beggining?

She Broke My Goddamn Sword!

6.6K 177 47
By AlmightyMortal

   "Leave...," She said in a low voice, filling me with a sudden desire to get the hell out of here. It took a lot of willpower for me to resist.

   "I'll...pass..." I said, gritting my teeth as I tried to fight it off.

   Now, I can't be sure but, I think Uriel was surprised.

   She was a woman who looked to be in her twenties, her long red hair tied into a knot. She wore a silver robe that I doubt was made for battle.

   Oh, and she was very tall.

  "Leave!" Uriel replied, her voice louder. I grunted as I shrugged off another wave of power.

   Imagine sitting through a geometry class and trying your hardest nit

   "No thanks, tall lady," I yelled at her in irritation.

   "Turn back or be killed," I could tell she was not joking. But I didn't really have much choice now.

   "Take a number and get in line!" I replied sarcastically, readying Riptide and pointing it at her.

   I couldn't help but keep noticing that she was really tall.

   "This is your last warning, Greek," Uriel said, raising her eyebrows and examining my blade like it was a child's toy.

   "Listen, tall lady! I just want that sword!" I tried to explain. Uriel simply laughed, more out of amazement than anything else.

   "You expect me to just hand you one of the most powerful weapons in exists?" She asked in a disbelieving tone.

   "Well, it would be really nice if you did," I said with a straight face. It was all a front.

   On the inside, I was freaking out. I did not see any way this was going good for me. At the very least, I would have a few dismembered limbs. And I like my limbs undismembered, thank you very much.

   No need for Percy sheesh-kebab.

   "Not very wise," the angel said, the corner of her lips curving upwards in a smile as she summoned a sword out of nothing and charged at me.

   I barely had a second to block it, after which she immediately kicked me in the chest. I staggered back a few steps. When I looked up, Uriel was already swinging her sword.

   I quickly ducked and countered an attack that aimed at my head. She was too fast! And too tall!

   I could barely keep up as she began a complicated barrage of strikes, each one harder to block than the last. She pushed my sword down with a heavy slash and hit my face with a powerful roundhouse kick.

   I fell face-first to the hard floor and probably bruised my entire face. I immediately rolled to my left as a sword embedded itself into the ground where I had been the previous second.

   Experience, the only thing keeping me alive.

   Our sword locked. Uriel pushed it closer to me, my back pressing against the floor. I could feel the searing heat from the blade as it got closer to my face. She was very strong. I grunted as I slowly pushed back her sword, a look of shock forming on her face.

   In a desperate move, I kicked her feet, rolling away as she stumbled and fell. Now, I can take advantage. I quickly lifted my sword and aimed for her arm. But the angel was not so happy about that.

   'Enough,' she roared, a shockwave of power pushing me back, making me land on my rear. Two large clusters of feathers emerged from Uriel's back as she stood. Her wings were bright red in colour, like fresh blood.

   'Fascinating,' the angel said in a soft tone, slowly walking around me, with her sword dragging behind. 'Not many mortals...'

   And again, I saw how really tall she was.

   Her robes were replaced with battle armour. Her hair turned even redder. The sword she held burst into orange flames, the air near it sizzling.

   Not wanting to feel left out, I tried combing my hair.

   She charged with a scream, her movements too fast for me to comprehend. I felt a pain in my chest as I was sent flying across the room.

   I heard a shattering crack as I hit the wall. It was followed by the sound of water. Lots of it. I groaned as I opened my eyes. I saw a steady stream of water flowing in through a newly made crack on the wall.

   I felt my strength come back as the water touched my feet. I extended my senses, feeling a huge reservoir of water behind me. Uriel ran towards me, her sword ready.

   When she was about to strike me, I laughed a beam of water towards her. I felt the familiar tug in my gut as I pushed her back.

   "Enough!" She roared in fury, her wings unfurling to their full length as a beam of fire emerged from the sword. It vaporised the water it touched, leaving sizzling steam behind.

   I scrunched my eyebrows in concentration. I was fighting an uphill battle. The flames got closer and closer to me, as I slowly ran out of water to fend them off.

   All of a sudden, I no longer felt any water. Knowing that the water was gone, I closed my eyes as the flames engulfed me.

   But I didn't feel anything. When I opened my eyes, I was nothing short of flabbergasted. I was surrounded by blazes. The ground under me was sizzling. Yet, I didn't feel any pain. My skin wasn't charred, nor were my clothes burning.

   "Impossible!" Uriel screamed in shock.

   I then remembered that I was the Lightbringer. Fire-proof was in the job description.

   Uriel snarled as she charged at me. She jumped and with a loud war cry, brought her sword down on me. My eyes widened.

   As fast as I could, I took out Riptide, which had returned to my pocket, and uncapped it. As a last desperate measure, I raised it to block the incoming strike.

   Our sword collided in a bright flash of light. I was once again pushed against the fall, much harder than before. When the light cleared, Uriel was standing in the middle of the room, her breathing slightly elevated.

   Something felt wrong with my sword. I gasped as I realised what happened to hit. In my hand was only the hilt. Its tip was steaming. On the floor, the rest of the blade lay in pieces. A white smoke surrounded it.

   The sword was broken. Along with the last remaining part of Zoe's essence.

   The world started to spin. I noticed the hundreds of cuts scattered across my arms and legs. Oh...this was bad.

   Is blood loss bad? I'm assuming it is.

   The gloves that Lucifer gave me were heavily dented. I don't think they will last any longer-

Crack

   As if on cue, they broke apart. Shadows escaped from them and slowly, the glows dissipated into nothing.

   I noticed Uriel slowly walking towards me.

   "I do not know who you are. You're coming with me." She said with a grunt.

   No! I can't lose yet. I'm not giving up. I don't care what it takes.

   A silvery glint caught my eye. I looked to my right to see the sword of Eden. It was almost as if it had been watching me, waiting for my next move.

   I knew Lucifer said that if I touched the sword with my bare hands, my soul would be ripped apart. But I also knew I couldn't fight Uriel without a weapon. I decided that I had no choice.

   This was a bad idea...the worst I've had by a long shot

   Uriel seemed to follow my gaze. Her eyes widened as she screamed at me, "No! Don't!"

   But it was too late.

    "This is gonna suck," I said and grabbed the Sword Of Eden.

<Remember to vote>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520K 13.4K 22
After enduring Tartarus and then winning his second war, Percy Jackson is the Champion of Olympus. However, he didn't come out of the war his normal...
2M 32.4K 44
Percy Jackson had the life everyone wanted, he was the hero of Olympus, respected by the most powerful beings, and had the best of friends. However...
315K 7.3K 20
(REWRITTEN) What would you do if everything you had was taken? Your family, friends, home? How about your dreams, your love, your life? Would you acc...
226K 2.6K 38
-ORIGINAL WORK- Perseus Jackson is reborn. And no, he doesn't get a new body. But his life changes. Not only he is unpredictable, but so his is style...