Detective Conan : The Time-Bo...

By OliviaCloe

I didn't see anyone making a book of Detective Conan movie so I make one and take this as a Valentine Gift fr... More

A/N 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N 2

Chapter 3

1.4K 78 5
By OliviaCloe

<Your POV>

We got off the taxi in front of Moriya Estate. Conan jump down the car in an excited manner while I wait for Oji-san to get out. Ran walk up after Conan while rummaging into her purse to find the invitation card while telling Conan not to enter the estate just yet until the card is showed.

Once Ran show the invitation card, we get into the estate and up the stairs while admiring the estate. It was so beautiful with a fountain in front of it in the centre of the yard.

Ran : Wow, amazing!

Kogorou : This is a 17th Century English Stuart-style architecture.

Everyone turns to look at Oji-san unbelievably.

Ran : Dad, you know about architecture?

Kogorou : Well, I used to be called 'the walking library'. Take a good look at each side.

Ran look to the left and right as a smile creep up to her face and she then run to the fountain in the centre.

Ran : If you stand in the middle, the right and the left sides are exactly the same! Both the garden and the building!

Kogorou : Making both sides the same is called bilateral symmetry. Professor Moriya lived in England until high school. So, he specializes in British-style architecture, especially.... In the classical symmetrical style.

Oji-san said as he quietly at the small note book in his pocket. Conan look at him flabbergasted while you chuckle silently seeing it not to ruin the fun. Oji-san then continue.

Kogorou : In fact, he's even changed his name so the characters would be symmetrical.

Erena : In other word, this Moriya Teiji is a perfectionist.

Ran : I've never seen such a beautiful yard!

???? : Thank you for your compliments.

Came a voice from behind Ran making us all to look at the owner of the voice. We turn to see Moriya Teiji-san standing there.

Moriya : Pleased to meet you, I am Moriya Teiji.

Ran : I-I am Mouri Ran.

Ran said as she introduces herself stuttering a bit out of nervousness. She then turns to us as she introduces every one of us.

Ran : This is my father, Edogawa Conan and Akane Erena. Unfortunately, Shin.... I mean, Kudou-kun couldn't make it today. So, he asked us to come on his behalf.

Moriya : Is that so? Kudou-kun couldn't make it?

Conan : But this man is a famous detective too.

Conan said catching everyone attention.

Kogorou : Hey, what do you mean by 'too'? I am Mouri Kogorou.

Moriya : Oh! You're that famous detective. Nice to meet you.

Moriya-san said as he shakes hand with Oji-san. He then led us to the party.

Moriya : Right this way. The party is being held in the backyard.

Ran : Wow, your backyard is wonderful too.

We keep on walking into the party as we admire the layout in front of us. Me and Conan keep on observing the people around seeing lots of famous and big name in the party.

Moriya : Well, please enjoy yourself this afternoon.

Ran : Wow, it's so pretty! Is this all homemade?

Ran said as she admires the table full of food and desserts. She then asks to Moriya-san.

Moriya : Of course! It's customary to serve homemade food at tea parties. Please help yourself.

Moriya-san offered. Ran then take a cookie and eat it. Moriya-san come up behind her.

Ran : Ittadakimasu!

Moriya : How is it?

Ran : This cookie is delicious!

Moriya : Ah, I'm glad. Then it was worth the time that I spent making it last night.

Someone in the crowd here what Moriya-san said and start to compliment him. People then start crowding around him.

Woman 1 : Ah, sensei! Did you prepare the food yourself?

Moriya : Yes. After all, I am a bachelor. I made everything here: the scones, the sandwiches, the cookies. I'm not satisfied unless I do everything myself.

Man 1 : I see.... That spirit is what created your beautiful architecture.

Moriya : I won't acknowledge architecture unless it is beautiful. Many young architects these days have lost their artistic touch! They must take responsibility for their own work! Hah, by the way, Mouri-san, would you mind if I give you a quiz?

Moriya-san said as he ignores or are oblivious to the stare he gets from the guests. He turns to Oji-san and said that he has a quiz to Oji-san which make me worried inside.

Kogorou : A quiz?

Moriya : Yes, it's to deduce the computer password of a company run by three men. A famous detective such as you should be able to figure it out instantly.

Man 2 : It's the famous detective, Mouri Kogorou.

Kogorou : All right. Go right ahead.

Me and Conan just look at him helplessly and wishing him good luck inside. Moriya-san reach out inside his suit then take out a piece of paper.

Moriya : Well then, this is the data on the three men. The password is five hiragana characters long and has to do with something with the three men have in common. Would you also like to try it, Ran-san?

Moriya-san then give a piece to Ran and everyone else. I went up to Moriya-san and ask for a piece too.

Erena : Can I have one too, Oji-san?

Moriya : Oh, you want to have a try too? Sure. Here you go little girl.

He then gives me one and Conan come to me to look at the quiz too. I've given it a thought that I shouldn't ignore him even if I want to. He would eventually bug me the whole time to tell him if anything is wrong. He can really be persistent sometime. Plus, Ran like him and him liking Ran back have nothing to do with me. we can't control people feeling.

Moriya : The time limit is three minutes. Please try it, everyone.

[This is what the quiz says :

Oyamada Chikara(A type). Born October Shouwa 31. Hobby, visiting hot springs.

Soratobi Sasuke(B type). Born June Shouwa 32. Hobby, hang-gliding.

Kokohori Futatsu(O type). Born January Shouwa 33. Hobby, taking walks.]

*Note : Shouwa 31 = Year 1956, Shouwa 32 = Yyear 1957, Shouwa 33 = Year 1958

Moriya-san then take out a small hourglass which I guess is a three-minute hourglass and put it on the table. He then turns the hourglass.

Moriya : Okay, start!

Kogorou : There are no common letters in their names.... Their birthdays, blood types? Even their hobbies are completely different. This is tougher than I thought.

Ran : I wonder what it is. Do you see a connection?

Ran ask us making we look at her. Me and Conan didn't reply to it and continue to try solving the quiz. I notice that Moriya-san is going somewhere taking out a smoking pipe and light it with a long stick. I then look around for a moment noticing that everyone has given up on finding the answer and is looking at Oji-san.

I then turn back to the quiz and keep on looking at it when I notice something in the quiz that make me smirk. Conan look at me then ask me in a whisper.

Conan : What is it?

Erena : Look back at the quiz, baka. Look at their born year.

Conan then look at the quiz back and a grin can be seen on his face once he realizes what is it. Out of excitement, he just shouts out the answer making me sigh, but that's how he is. no one can change that.

Conan : It's Momotarou!

Moriya-san turn around as he looks at Conan shock. Well who wouldn't when a kid is the one who answer it.

Kogorou : M-Momotarou?

Conan : It's their Chinese astrological signs, Oji-san. Years of the Monkey, Rooster and Dog, see? Monkey, Rooster and Dog. They are the three animals that accompanied Momotarou in the story.

Moriya : You are correct, little boy! I am impressed.

Moriya then clap his hands to Conan with everyone soon follow suit. I see Oji-san crumpled up the quiz paper in his hand in anger and just pray for Conan safety inside. Conan then turn to look at me.

Conan : Hehehe, but it's not me that figure it out first. I just say it in behalf of her. She is the one who solve it.

Conan said as he points to me. Everyone then once again claps their hands, but now directed to me. I glance to Oji-san seeing his face not holding any anger anymore, but more like a proud smile?

Moriya : Well then, Conan-kun, Erena-chan. As a reward for answering correctly, let me show you my special gallery. Ran-san, you are welcome to come along.

Ran : Sure!

<TIME SKIP>

We stood in front of a door which Moriya-san open leading to his special gallery. He then invited us inside.

Moriya : Here, please take a look around.

We then went inside admiring every picture of every piece of his architecture. It was so beautiful. I look at the building and the year they been build. I see that his building on his early year isn't symmetrical like the one in his late year. They have improved a lot I can say.

We keep on admiring the picture when Conan came across a picture that seems to caught his attention. He then calls out for Ran and Ran goes to him.

Conan : Hmm? Ran-neechan, this is from....

Ran : Oh, you're right, this is Kurokawa-san's house.

Erena : So, this is the Kurokawa Estate that he told me about.

Moriya : Speaking of Kurokawa-san, wasn't he killed recently?

Ran : Yes....

Moriya : I designed that house shortly after I started my own firm. I was in my 30's when I designed that buildings on this wall. I was still inexperienced then. So, it's a little embarrassing to show you these.

<Third Person POV>

Moriya : By the way, Ran-san, are you and Kudou-kun close?

Ran : Eh? Yes.... Though I think that it was different now. He spends a lot of time together with (Y/N) more than me. And they seem like they're closer than I thought they are. Well, we're childhood friends and we attend the same high school. But I haven't been able to see him much lately.... But this coming Sunday is Shinichi's, no, his birthday and we made a promise to go to the movies.

Moriya : Ah, you must be looking forward to that. I suppose that means you've already purchased his gift?

Ran : Well, I plan to get him something on Saturday. Just like me, he likes the color of red and for the month of May, red is the lucky color for both of us! That's why I plan to get him a red polo shirt!

Moriya : Hahaha, that's a wonderful present. I'm sure Kudou-kun will be delighted.

Ran : Yes!

Conan : This is bad! I didn't consider what I should do about my birthday!

Moriya : Oh yeah, what is (L/N)-chan do now? I heard that she always solves cases along with Kudou-kun.

Ran : Ah, they are together as of now. They have a case they need to solve and it is a bit tough.

Moriya : Aah. So, they're not together?

Moriya said more like to himself. Ran who heard it seems a little uneasy since she though that you and Conan are actually together, just never tell her yet. You however, just ignore them and keep on looking at the picture on the wall of Moriya previous building. Conan was looking at you the entire time with an unreadable feeling in his eyes. Ran turn to look elsewhere when she caught a building.

Ran : Isn't that Beika City Building?

Moriya : That's right....

Ran : We'll be watching movies in Beika Cinema One here. We're meeting in the lobby on the 3rd at 10 pm.

Moriya : Is that so? That Beika City Building is one of my fondest designs. There's no better building for a young couple to celebrate a birthday in.

Conan : What am I going to do?

_______________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 362 27
Everything is over! Time for explanations! All the kind! How our favorite characters will react? A big journey for answers and questions is going to...
1K 49 3
Side Story of Brothers Adventures! What will happen if Shinichi's and Conan's siblings bond disappear just because of simple mistake? There's a gener...
105K 1.7K 24
π“πŽπŒπˆπŽπŠπ€ π†πˆπ˜π”π” 𝐱 πŠπŽπ‚π‡πŽ π’π‡πˆππŽππ” ꜱʟᴏᴑ Κ™α΄œΚ€Ι΄ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ ══ "no one likes you, tomioka-san, but I love you" ══ π™π™š 𝙨π™₯π™ͺ𝙣 π™—π™–π™˜π™ ...
29.3K 451 15
UNEDITED Shinichi finally showed himself to Ran, but when he saw her, he saw something that will scar him for life. I DO NOT OWN DETECTIVE CONAN, I O...