Mendacious ✔|Complete|

By HayleyLHeureux

"There are two types of people in this world. People who wear a mask to conceal their true identity and peopl... More

Before we start, Pls watch the long trailer and a few graphics.
Chapter 1: Unforgiving proposition.
Chapter 2: The Final Answer
Check out the long trailer!
Chapter 3: A Visit
Chapter 4: No time
Chapter 6: Devil's bounty Hunter
Chapter 7: Playing the cards right
Chapter 8: Facing Fears
Chapter 9: Unsettling worries
Chapter 10: Heir to the Cowl
Chapter 11: Hidden away
Chapter 12: Three Days.
Chapter 13: Scars of the Past.
Chapter 14: A Shattered Heart
Chapter 15: Dance with the Devil
Chapter 16: Feelings and so close to Freedom.
Chapter 17: Blackgate
Chapter 18: On my side or by my side.
Chapter 19: Arkham
Chapter 20: Crime Alley
Chapter 21: A favour
Chapter 22: The Skyline Club
Chapter 23: When Angels fall
Chapter 24: A Threatening Obligation
Chapter 25: Luthor
Chapter 26: A visitor and their identity
Chapter 27: Foretelling the future
Chapter 28: A Letter
Chapter 29: Loss for words.
Chapter 30: Plans
Chapter 31: Broken Trust
Chapter 32: A message
Chapter 33: Allies
Chapter 34: A Dent in crime and a Dead man
Chapter 35: A simple word
Chapter 36: Brutal investigations
Chapter 37: The truth of Death
Chapter 38: Disclosing betrayal
Chapter 39: Poisonous Brawl
Chapter 40: The Catacombs Part 1
Chapter 41: The Catacombs part 2
Chapter 42: Mendacious
Chapter 43: To the point of losing a friend
Chapter 44: City of light
Chapter 45: The Giggler
Chapter 46: Her Soldier
Chapter 47: Nightmare future
Special Thanks

Chapter 5: Wrong move

70 19 32
By HayleyLHeureux

Chapter warning: Violence and more. No sexuality in this chapter though, I can't write that kinda stuff or maybe someday. 😅😂Skip this if you can't take that kinda stuff. But if you do choose to read then go for it.

Last thing I wanted to do was go near this man. My body ached, I could feel the small cut on my lip that was slightly chapped. It wasn't the fact it was chapped, it was split. My eyes adjusted to the light that hung over my head.

I could taste the dry iron of my blood. I licked my lips and cringed. The smallest amount of moisture made it bleed. It stung like hell.

My eyes felt heavy, I wanted to close them. But in all actual reality, I would have to figure it out soon enough. I closed them for a moment after seeing the blinding light over my head.

I opened my eyes, taking note of where I was. I was tied to a chair, tight, plastic restraints rubbing against my wrists. But not enough to cut off blood supply.

The chair was bolted to the pavement, no chance of smashing it.

"I see you are finding yourself...Uncomfortable?" A voice questioned, the voice was dark and sinister. The voice was enough to make anyone's soul freeze. The voice made my stomach twist in a very unusual way. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. A chill crawled itself up my back, making the cuts and bruises my arms become covered in goosebumps. From the look of the room, I knew where I was. The farthest part of Gotham, at the docks. I believe Bruce mentioned it was called Dixon docks. It was abandoned, just a bunch of unused warehouses. The warehouse was empty and only had a simple fold-out table, with tools. A few crates were stacked on the sides that lead up towards the windows.

Blood decorated the floor in a few areas and a few chains hung from a distance on the ceiling. The blood smears lead there and to somewhere in the warehouse. The place had the stench of death. I could hear Flies buzz around. Something about this place made me sick. The smell made me want to vomit. I could smell iron or copper throughout the place I was being held.

"No shit." I growled, and as a result of my response it earned a laugh. The laugh echoed through the warehouse, it was dark and deep.

"Don't expect first class, Ms. Wayne." The voice came from the shadows, I couldn't see the figure. The voice made a pit form in my stomach.

The light over my head was threatening to burn out. It kept flickering, small dust particles floated around, while a moth attempted to land on the light.

"What do you want?" I growled in frustration, I had no patients at the moment. Was this guy Roman Sionis? He sounded similar to Roman. Maybe I was onto something here.

"Revenge for the most part, but there is something..." I thickly swallowed at his response.

"I'm not a Loquacious person, whatever your damn name is." I replied calmly.

Footsteps echoed in the ware-house. The person was heading my way. I cursed in my mind and prepared myself for who I was going to see.

My breath hitched, his appearance was strange. His appearance was intimidating. He was dressed professionally in a white and a black, pinstripe suit. He wore an intimidating skull helmet. The skull helmet made my stomach twist. I could barely see his eyes. Sweat beads threatened to fall down my forehead.

I remembered seeing this man in the paper, once. He went by the name Blackmask. He intimidated people in order to get what he wanted, in exchange for his protection. He was the biggest gang leader of Gotham. This was the first time I felt afraid. He was unreadable. My left hand couldn't stop shaking.

I kept telling myself the saying Dad taught me when I was younger. Until I felt a gloved hand cover my left hand.

"So, you're afraid? Helpless without protection, I can offer you my protection. But there is something I want in return. You are indeed breathless and strong. I need someone like that, by my side." Was he asking for me to marry him? This wasn't the way to ask someone. This was so wrong. I haven't even went on a date with the man. This seemed creepy and it left me in disgust.

Something clicked, clicked in my head. The pieces were finally connecting.

"Roman?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow.

I heard something that was almost impossible for the human ear to pick up. A heart beat, not mine, his.

"I wish I was, but I'm not the man you're thinking of." He lied, with a growl of anger. He turned his back, taking his leather gloved hand off mine.

"And if you are?" I questioned. I tested his patients seeing if I can earn some gain from this. I wanted to learn as much as I could, so I could buy some time to attempt my escape. But I wasn't sure how many of them were in the room.

Escaping was most unlikely, it was going to be either death or a simple yes, in my assumption. But both are equally horrifying. I would rather die than say yes. Maybe I could try to get on his good side in order to get out of here.

He was silent, but then an idea came into my thoughts. I could feel something sharp up my sleeve.

It was the Batarang Bruce gave me earlier. I was surprised it was stuck in the fabric of my black wool sweater. One sleeve was torn off on my right. Where my cuts were exposed. Even the one that had a bullet in it. I noticed the bandage around it, but it still bled, but slowly.

"Look, if you let me go...I might consider it." I lied, I was using my thumb and my pointer finger, desperately trying to pull it down my sleeve. I was going to cut the plastic restraints that were tied to my wrists and the arms of the chair. My wrists sat perfectly on the arms of the chair, while I tried not to cause attention. I had a plan and I might get sent to jail for it. I wasn't sure if it was exactly the two of us alone in the room. All I had to do was stall him for a bit in engaging conversation. I was going to allow him to talk.

He laughed at my suggestion, then replied "Letting you go would be worse, you take me for a fool, Miss Wayne. But I'm not going to allow you rat me out to the cops." I bit my lip as I started to cut my way out of the restraints.

"That's not what I am meaning." I answered not knowing what to say.

"Then what are you meaning by?" Black Mask growls in annoyance. Jeez this guy had a temper.

"I'm offering a proposition, I won't tell the cops anything. They don't do anything anyways, so what makes you think I am going to run-"

"Enough, you may take me for a fool. But being silver-tongued isn't going to convince me." He interrupted me.

"Then what do you want? Do you want me to kill Batman?" His shoulders stiffen a bit. I said that sarcastically. His back was turned where I could still see him.

He let out a boisterous laugh. He was amused by my sarcasm. His laugh made a fire burn in my chest. The creepy laugh was loud enough where he didn't hear me cut out of both bindings.

I slowly crept towards him, the Batarang in my palm. I lunged at him.

My stomach sank when he spun around and caught my wrist. I tried to knee him in the groin. I failed to do so when he kicked my knee and yanked the Batarang out of my hand. Leaving me sprawled awkwardly on the ground. My fists tightened and I jumped back onto my feet.

I felt tears form in my eyes, I was never going to get out of here.

Blackmask took a silver-coloured, Desert-Eagle handgun and pointed it directly at me. I could feel my heart in my throat. He looked at me then at the Batarang. He tossed it to the side where it ended up sliding across the concrete ground and to the crates.

"Wrong move, Tideus. It will cost you." My heart started to beat faster when he finished his sentence.

He glanced at the Batarang and laughed.

"How does a girl like you end up with this?" He questioned, which made me worry. He was on to me. He knew something was up. Maybe he thought of me as something of importance to Batman?

I kept quiet, I tried to think of a way I could escape.

"Fine, if you're not willing to answer. I will just get Batman's attention." He said in a deep gravelly voice, it was rough, like if someone edited their voice on a computer. It didn't sound human, it sounded demonic. Or maybe that's what his helmet does.

He snapped his fingers and two well-built, bodyguards came out. They were dressed in black cargo pants, a black sweatshirt, and tacky skull ski-masks.

"I'm sure he'll come for you, if you really mean something to him. I'm going to make sure everyone sees this." His laughter was sick. One of pure evil, not a cringe laugh. I started to back up.

I didn't have time to react, they grasped onto each side of my arms, with an iron grip. They successfully dragged me over to a small foldable table that had a bunch of tools on it.

One grabbed the hand that I used to try to kill Blackmask with. Blackmask picked up the hammer that had a bit of blood on it.

"Close your eyes, this is going to hurt." He warned me. What was he going to do with that?! Lets just hope I faint first. But that is most unlikely, I can take it. I can take it!

I embraced for the impact. Then I let out a blood curdling scream.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 1.4K 45
21 year old Victoria Moretti, is an assassin. She is an independent woman that doesn't rely on a man to do anything. She thinks they are a waste of t...
114K 2.6K 72
He was rescued as a child from a facility of illegal, horrendous experimentation and forcefully given quirks - but what they didn't realise was that...
5.9K 775 17
Special Agent Alyssa Caine has been tasked with the most important mission of her life: the assassination of the man who would bring about the end of...
46.6K 1.5K 23
Love may seem like a really complicated term depending on the person who seeks it. It can be pretty like a scene from a fairytale, but it can be the...