Ninja Go (Male Reader)

By TurtleForTheWin

A male reader insert of coming into the world of Ninjago. The Master of Wind and one of the protectors of the... More

Ep 0.1 - Way of the Ninja
Ep 0.2 - The Golden Weapons
Ep 0.3 - King of Shadows
Ep 0.4 - Weapons of Destiny
Ep 1 - Rise of the Snakes
Ep 2 - Home
Ep 3 - Snakebit
Ep 4 - Never Trust A Snake
Ep 5 - Can of Worms
Ep 7 - Tick Tock
Ep 8 - Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Ep 9 - The Royal Blacksmiths
Ninja Go: (M/n)'s love interest
Part 1 - Third times the charm...right?
Part 2 - Third times the charm... right?
Ep 10 - The Green Ninja
Ep 11 - All of Nothing
Ep 12 - The Rise of the Great Devourer
Ep 13 - Day of the Great Devourer
S2: Ep 14 - Darkness Shall Rise
Ep 15 - Pirates vs. Ninja
Ep 16 - Double Trouble
Ep 18 - Child's Play
Ep 17 - Ninjaball Run
Ep 19 - Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Ep 20 - The Stone Army
Ep 21 - The Day Ninjago Stood Still
Ep 22 - The Last Voyage
Ep 23 - Island of Darkness
Ep 24 - The Last Hope
Ep 25 - Return of the Overlord
Ep 26 - Rise of the Spinjitzu Master
S3: Ep 27 - The Surge
Ep 28 - The Art of the Silent Fist
Ep 29 - Blackout
Ep 30 - The Curse of the Golden Master
Ep 31 - Enter the Digiverse
Ep 32 - Codename: Arcturus
Ep 33 - The Void
Ep 34 - The Titanium Ninja
S4: Ep 35 - The Invitation
Ep 36 - Only One Can Remain
Ep 37 - Versus
The Adventures of (Y/n) and the Noodle Factory: Persistence
The Adventures of (Y/n) and the Noodle Factory: Discord
The Adventures of (Y/n) and the Noodle Factory: The Clock is Ticking
Ep 41 - Rise of the Dragon
Ep 42 - The Day of the Dragon
Ep 43 - The Greatest Fear of All
Ep 44 - The Corridor of Elders
S5: Ep 45 - Winds of Change
Ep 46 - Ghost Story
Ep 000: We Need to Talk

Ep 6 - The Snake King

4.7K 165 270
By TurtleForTheWin

Skales and Pythor are in the Sea of Sands, digging.

Skales slithers down to Pythor, "We're wasting our time, Pythor. There's nothing here but sand and dust."

Pythor grunts while shoveling, "Keep digging. The Lost City of Ouroboros is under us. I know it."

Skales picks up a shovel, "Oh, face it, your first attempt to unite the tribes failed, and now that you have lost your flock, you've become desperate."

Pythor glares at him, "I am desperate, my disloyal number two, but only to bring our kind together so that we can unleash the Great Devourer."

Skales scoffs, "You put too much faith in legends. Besides, all the Serpentine know is to be at war with one another."

Pythor finds a dial and laughs, "Skales, I believe we've found it." He turns the dial and the City emerges. "I present to you the city formerly known as the Lost City of Ouroboros."

---

The Destiny's Bounty passes a mountain as the Postman, on a bicycle with improvised wings emerges above from the clouds, holding a package, "Wait! Slow down! I have a package for Sensei Wu!"

The Ninja and Nya are in the dining room, listening to Lloyd explain how he would defeat the Serpentine, "First, I'll stomp on his tail. Then when he turns, I'll thunderclap to his ears. Then when he's stunned, I'll disarm him." Sensei Wu walks in the room with his package.

Cole sighs, "Too late, he's already hypnotized you and now you're under his control."

(M/n) nods and chuckles, "Or he's already put you in a squeeze."

"Or spit on you with his hallucinatory venom. Trust me, bad stuff.", Kai shudders at the memory.

"Pfft. Might have been bad for you but for me, it was a sight to behold." (M/n) snickers as he leans back. 

Kai in return gives (M/n) a glare but (M/n) brushes him off with a chuckle. 

Kai then remembers something. He turns to (M/n), "That reminds me, did you delete the footage when I was under that stuff? Like I kindly asked you to."

Jay butts in, "It was more like a threat if you think about. You literally cornered him and threaten him in a menacing voice." 

Cole grunts at him to stay out of it, which Jay got the message.

(M/n) tries to stop a grin from forming and looks away from Kai, "...Yes. Yes I did."

Kai narrows his eyes, "How am I so sure that you aren't lying to me."

(M/n) was still facing away from Kai, "Trust me I'm not." I'm totally lying. 

"I don't understand. You showed me the footage yester-" (M/n) quickly kicks Zane in the shin to hopefully shut him up to not lead him to his early death.

Before things could get heated, Cole steps in, "It's too early to fight in the morning. I'll talk with (M/n) in deleting the footage."

Kai grumbles, "I just don't need people seeing that and for it to ruin my cool and tuff reputation of the Fire Ninja."

While the Ninja were talking, Lloyd groans and faces Sensei Wu, "Uncle, what's the best way to stun a Serpentine if you don't know what kind they are?"

Sensei Wu places the package on the table while taking a seat and sighs, "Sadly, it was the Sacred Flute you five carelessly lost."

(M/n) nervously chuckles while scratching his cheek, "Heh heh, sorry."

Jay corrects Wu, "Hey, no, no, no, we didn't lose it. Pythor stole it."

Sensei Wu serves himself a cup of tea and gave the Ninja a disappointed look, "Whatever the case, without it I fear we have nothing to combat their powers. We may have prevented them from uniting in the past, but they will try again, and one day they will be stronger."

Cole smiles and straightens himself up confidently, "Don't worry. I've almost reached my Full Potential, and when I become the Green Ninja, we're not gonna need any magic flute."

Kai glares at Cole, "You're gonna be the Green Ninja? Hahaha, don't make me laugh."

Zane looks at them, "I thought it was decided that I was destined to become the Green Ninja."

Jay chuckles before putting a hand on Zane's shoulder, "Oh! The only thing decided about you, Zane, is that you're weird." The four Ninja started arguing. 

(M/n) mumbles while leaning on the table, looking at them, "Just don't get your hopes up too high. They'll come crashing down when you're not it."

Lloyd brushes them off and walks over to Sensei Wu, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. What's in the box?"

Sensei Wu smiles and opens the box, "Your new uniforms."

The Ninja gasp in awe. They each take their respective uniforms.

(M/n)'s eyes shine, "They look so cool!"

Jay cheers, "Whoa! They've got, like, armor."

Kai rips open the packing, "I love the gold highlights."

"Battle claws!", Cole cheers with glee.

Zane smiles, "The material is really light and breathable."

Lloyd looks into the box and frowns seeing it empty, "Oh, nothing for me?"

Sensei Wu looks around nervously, "Um, you get, uh, the box."

(M/n) perks up and turns to them, "Can I have the box? I'll trade you with my-" The alarm goes off, interrupting him.

The team runs to the bridge. Cole checks the screen first, "Sorry to break up the moment, boys, but a small faction of our slithering friends are stirring up trouble at Mega Monster Amusement Park."

(M/n) gasps with stars in his eyes, "We're going to an amusement park!? I never been to one before!"

Lloyd lights up at this, "Amusement park? Can I go? Can I go with you, please? Let me make things up. I can help."

Sensei Wu shakes his head, "I'm sorry, nephew. You will stay here, where it's safe."

Lloyd sighs and looks down, "Oh, Ninja get all the fun."

Jay smirks to the others, "What do you say, guys? Time to try out the new merchandise?"

-----                                                         

The Ninja are up on the upper deck, wearing their new uniforms. Cole chuckles, "All right. This new stuff feels like it'll really protect us."

Zane nods and looks at his uniform, "Yet, provides more mobility."

Jay smirks to the others, "You wanna strut your stuff on the catwalk, or get down to that amusement park so we can go on some rides?"

(M/n) nods his head excessively while jumping on his heels, "To the amusement park! Let's go!"

Kai shrugs his shoulders, "I love a good old fashioned roller coaster, but nothing beats this."

They jump off the Bounty and use their vehicles to land in the middle of the park, posing to show off their new uniforms.

"Haha! Check that out. And not a scratch on me.", Cole says in amusement. 

(M/n) looks in awe as he takes in the scenery. The game booths as kids and adults alike shoot targets or just trying to grab those ducks with the numbers underneath them. With the addition of smelling fresh bake goods as he sees food and candy stands. Then hearing turnstiles turning and clicking as he looks up to see the click-clack of a coaster train ascending a towering lift hill and it drops with the following of screams. 

(M/n) rushes ahead of the group, looking around in excitement, "This is so COOL! Look at all the rides and the food! Think we can check it out later?" He takes a closer look on the different types of games and their prizes. 

Kai puts his hand on his hip, his eyes following (M/n)'s movements, "Huh. He wasn't kidding when he said he never been to a amusement park before."

"It's like a child getting a new toy. He's even jumping in excitement." Jay comments to the team.

Cole chuckles, "We can check it out later if we have the time but for now, lets find our little snake problem." He calls out to (M/n).

(M/n) huffs before walking back to the group with his arms cross.

Jay snickers, "He's even pouts like one."

(M/n) snaps his head towards him, "Am not!"

"Are too."

"Am not!"

"Are too."

"No!"

"Yes!

"No!"

"Yes-"

The two's argument is interrupted when they hear cheering coming from a crowd up ahead. Leaving behind their differences, the team makes their way over to the crowd to investigate. 

Jay laughs, "Haha, ladies, relax, relax, we have arrived." 

The team make their way through the crowd to see a bunch of Serpentine tied up.

"Uh, what just happened?", Kai asks between two girls.

"Oh, you totally missed it. There were like, icky snakes, and then this mysterious Samurai came in and saved everyone.", the first girl answers.

The other girl nods with a dreamy sigh, "He was, like, gorgeous."

Kai's shocked, "You saw his face?"

Both girls shake their head, "No, but we could totally tell."

Nya walks up to the team and Jay notices her first, "Nya, you're here."

Nya smiles, "Yeah, you just missed all the action. He just flew in, took care of business, and then flew off. It was pretty cool." She leaves.

"I don't wanna be a Ninja. I wanna be a Samurai.", a boy cries to his mother.

Two men walk by, "The Samurai is my new hero."

"I knew the Samurai could kick the Ninjas' butts."

Kai sighs, "Ugh, who is this guy?"

"Whoever he is, he's stealing our thunder.", Cole huffs.

Jay looks at his suit, "And we just got these cool new Ninja suits. Argh! I'm gonna say it: I hate Samurai." He crosses his arms with a huff. 

(M/n) looks over to them, "I think the Samurai is pretty cool. Even though they are stealing our mojo, you got to admit that they're a great help when we're not here."

Sensei Wu appears in front of them, eating cotton candy, "Do I hear a hint of jealousy? Maybe this can be a lesson for you."

Jay sighs, "Oh! Not another lesson. Hey, how'd you get here so quick?"

Sensei Wu ignores his question, "The lesson is iron sharpens iron."

Zane raises a brow, "I do not follow, Sensei."

Sensei Wu smiles at them, "Healthy competition can help you reach your True Potential faster. Do not be jealous of this Samurai, let it inspire you. Oh, ferris wheel!" He runs toward the attraction.

(M/n) chuckles at Wu, "Never thought I would see the old man scurry off to the Ferris wheel."

Jay looks to the others, "Inspire?"

"Wait a minute. Maybe the old man's right.", Kai says.

Cole turns to Kai, "You want us to compete with the Samurai? He's got all the cool gadgets, we don't stand a chance."

Kai shakes his head, "No, not with him. With us. I say we turn this into our own competition. Whichever of us is skilled enough to catch this mysterious Samurai is probably the best of the bunch."

Jay catches on, "So whoever learns the identity of this Samurai is the one who will become the destined Green Ninja. Ha! I love it."

Cole nods, "Then it's a bet. May the Green Ninja win."

(M/n) crosses his arms, "Hmm...Nah I'm out."

"What?" "Why?", Kai and Jay ask simultaneously.

"Cause I don't want to get my hopes up if I'm not the Green Ninja.", (M/n) explains.

"Well less competition for me. Let's go.", Cole says.

They shout while throwing their weapons in the air, "Ninja, go!"

"Hey, um, can we go check out the park now? Since the problem has already been solved." (M/n) asks.

Zane shakes his head, "Sorry (M/n). Maybe another time."

"We gotta be on guard if the Samurai ever shows up or serpentine for that matter." Kai says before running off.

"We can go another day but the risk of the Green Ninja's identity is at stake!" Jay shouts over his shoulder, following behind Kai.

(M/n) watches them leave as they exist the park. He sighs before turning around, looking at people when they pass him. Families, friends and even couples. He smiles sadly as he looks at a family of four, two boys playing with each other and what he assumes  the mother shaking her head at the two while the father buys tickets. 

Imagining a group of kids from the orphanage taking their place as they chat with each other and smiles on their faces but he shakes it off. Looking back at the family, the two boys run off with the parents following behind. He looks back at the center of the park before having a feeling of sadness wash over him. He kicks a pebble before walking towards the exist. Like they said, another time. It's no fun going alone to a fun place.

Once outside, he summons his jet before flying off to the bounty, hopeful meeting the ninja over there.

---

The alarm in the Bounty blares.

"Multiple snake sightings! They're everywhere!", Nya tells to the others.

The team splits up to multiple locations where the Serpentine are sighted, unaware that Samurai X is not that far behind.

-----                                                           -----

Zane rushes through the snow to fight the snakes, but the Samurai is already there. Samurai X laughs as the Serpentine are tied-up next to them. 

"Huh?" Zane makes a snowball and runs toward the mech, but the mech flies off as they wave bye to Zane. "Metal menace!" He throws the snowball out of anger.

In the sewers, (M/n) is fighting off a group of snakes.

With every slash and kick, he knocks them down to the ground. But with every snake he knocks down, more keep coming.

Three snakes sneak up behind (M/n) and were about to strike him down when Samurai X comes flying in, throwing a net over them. Samurai X helps (M/n) out with the rest of the Snakes.

(M/n) waves bye to the Samurai, "Ah. Thank you Samurai X."

-----                                                           -----

In the Forest of Tranquility, Kai encounters three Constrictai.

Girls cheer, "Go, Ninja, go!" As Kai was about to do anything to the Serpentine, Samurai X throws a net over the Serpentine. "The Oh, Samurai, oh.", the girls say in awe.

Kai glares at the mech, "Ninja Go!" He Spinjitzu towards the Samurai but Samurai X captures him, "Aah! Hey, what's going on?"

In a cave, the Samurai fights off more Serpentine while Cole sneaks in,

"Now I've got you. Unh! Haha! Whoa!" Cole jumps onto the mech's arm to only be blasted off, crashing into the wall.

---

Jay, in women's clothing and holding a blonde wig, looks along a train track before putting the wig on, jumps onto the track and lies down on it as a train approaches.

Jay shouts in a girly voice, "Help! Samurai, where are you? Oh!"

Samurai X soon appeared, holding some train track lines as Jay is shocked by his sudden presence. Samurai X lays the tracks down and moves his mech's arms to its hips as the train goes on the newly-made track as Jay looked on and the mech takes off.

Jay returns back to his normal voice, "Gah! STUPID SAMURAI!"

---

Kai drops Lloyd off at the Kiddie Arcade, "Okay, I know it's my turn to look after you, but just play a few games and stay put while I look around. I have a feeling the Samurai may show up." He gives Lloyd some coins.

"Oh, let me help.", Lloyd begs.

Kai shakes his head, "No."

Lloyd groans, "Come on. At least drop me off at a decent arcade."

"Sorry, shorty." Kai drives off.

"Kai, wait!", Lloyd calls out but he was too late for Kai already went around the corner.

He's about to go in the arcade, but overhears Serpentine, "I hear he found it. And everyone is gathering again." Says Skales.

Fang-Suei shakes his head, "Impossible. The Lost City does not exist."

"Well, it isn't lost anymore. Haha. And I heard there's gonna be a fight."

Fang-Suei perks up, "A fight? Count me in."

Skales gestures the snakes to a snake bus, "All aboard. Next stop, Ouroboros." Lloyd turns around with his head down and walks away before spotting a Hypnobrai theme Serpentine disguise in the window of a costume store. He buys the costume and gets on the bus, but gets stop by Skales, "Hey, you, hold it there."

Lloyd steps back outside in a panic, "Huh?"

"Last one in closes the door.", Skales points to the handle.

"Uh, sure thing." The bus leaves, drives through the desert for a day and arrives in the City by night.

Pythor turns to Skales, "Just do as I've said, and I promise you will be my second-in-command. Forever." They both put cotton in their ears. "I bring you together to the Lost City of Ouroboros, before the statue of our very own Great Devourer, to speak of unity."

Two snakes shout out from the crowd, "Where are the fights?"

"Where is the big show?"

The Serpentine start chatting, "Slither Pit! Slither Pit! Slither Pit! Slither Pit!"

Pythor loses it after the fourth chant, "Argh! You want a show? You want to see a fight? I ask for your allegiance but you will not give it. So I will take it."

"What are you saying?", Fangtom asks.

Pythor smirks at the tribe leaders, "I challenge the four tribe Generals for their staffs and their allegiance. At once!"

Acidicus glares and moves forward, "I fought hard for this staff and will not give it up easily."

Skalidor scoffs, "There's no way he can defeat the four of us at once." The generals fight against Pythor while he does his best to take them on.

Skales secretly hands him the Sacred Flute and Pythor immediately starts playing.

Lloyd glares at him, "Oh, he's using the Sacred Flute against his own."

Skalidor screams, "My ears!"

"It hurts!", Acidicus screeches.

Skales throws him his staff. Pythor defeats the other Generals with Skales's staff.

Pythor raises high, "Bow to your master. Bow to your master, Serpentine!" All the Serpentine bows down. Lloyd tries to, but accidentally drops his rattles, that alerts the snakes.

Mezmo grabs the boy, "Where do you think you're going?"

Pythor looks at him in shock, "Lloyd?" Lloyd gulps.

---

After another failure of not discovering who the mysterious Samurai is, the Ninja return to the  bounty and part their ways.

Jay and Kai head towards the game room to beat one another's high score and later battle each other, Cole goes into the kitchen to try out new recipes for dinner, (M/n) heading to their shared room to nap, and Zane stays on deck to watch the sunset and maybe do some meditation later. 

(M/n) flops on his bed and hugs his pillow close to his chest, close to drifting off to sleep. He gets himself comfortable before he hears knocking on the door. He begrudgingly opens his eyes and looks to see Zane standing in the doorway. He raises a brow, "Uh, you know you can come in, right?"

Zane nods, stepping foot into the room, "Yeah, but I wasn't sure if you were awake. Didn't want to disrupt your sleeping."

(M/n) gets up and faces him, "Thought you were going to stay up on deck for a while."

Zane nods, "Thought so too but I needed to tell you something."

They stare at each other before (M/n) speaks up, "So, what's up?"

"I just want to apologize that we didn't get to check out the amusement park today and we kinda left you behind."

(M/n) was slightly taken aback by this before giving him a smile, "You don't have to apologize for anything, I was fine." 

Zane shakes his head, "But you looked down and I wanted to make sure if you were-"

(M/n) cuts him off, "Zane, I said I was fine. No need to worry about me."

Zane goes to open his mouth but closes it. He frowns his eyes in worry as he looks at (M/n). He sighs, "Ok. Just wanted to make sure you were ok. I'll be going now and meet you at dinner." He gives a nod before existing the room. 

(M/n) watches as Zane leaves the room before falling on his bed. He puts a arm over his eyes, I looked down? Huh. Didn't even realized it. 

---

The next day, the Ninja and Nya are flying in the Bounty. They gather around the table in the dining room.

Cole sighs, "Trying to find out the Samurai's identity is more of a nuisance than the snakes. Any luck with you?"

Jay shakes his head and slams his fists on the table, "The guy's elusive. He's like a ghost. One moment he's there, the next he's gone."

Zane sighs and leans back. "I am starting to believe we might never catch him."

"They're good at keeping a low profile.", (M/n) says.

"I think it's safe to say, none of us are closer to proving we're the Green Ninja.", Kai states. 

Sensei Wu enters the room, "Looks like iron is sharpening iron. I feel you are getting closer to your True Potential." He lightly squeezes Cole's arm.

"Ow!", he says.

"Where is my nephew? I thought you were looking after him.", Sensei Wu asks.

"I thought Cole was gonna pick him up.", Kai says, looking over at Cole.

Cole starts to stutters, "I went to the arcade, but he wasn't there. Jay was—"

Jay shakes his head, "Don't bring me into this. I babysat yesterday."

Zane frowns, "Sensei, we have not seen him."

Wu nods, frowning, "We must find the boy."

---

They arrive at the arcade.

Kai opens the door and looks inside, "Lloyd? Lloyd? He was right here. Someone must have seen him."

"We should start asking people." (M/n) offers.

Cole spots a security camera, "I don't think we're gonna do that. Check this out." They sneak into the building to watch the footage.

Jay does a double-take, "Wait, wait, there's the pipsqueak. Play that back." They see him buying the disguise and walking away. "What is he up to?"

They go back outside and into the alleyway were Lloyd was last seen.

Zane looks down on the ground and spot footprints, "I sense these are Lloyd's footprints, but they come to an end here. Why?"

Kai looks at the tire tracks where Lloyd's footprints abruptly stop, "Something tells me we're going for a ride. Come on, boys."

They ride and fly to the City of Ouroboros.

Cole looks up ahead, "What is that place?"

Jay squints, "Looks like snake city."

"Let's get a closer look.", Kai says.

They sneak their way in the city and hide behind snake statutes. 

Zane observes the crowd to find all the tribes there, "It appears Pythor has successfully united all of the tribes."

"I know we ruined their last get-together, but that's no reason to not get an invitation. My feelings are hurt.", Cole says sarcastically. 

Kai spots Lloyd trapped in a cage, "There's Lloyd."

Jay looks over at a tall stone snake that overlooks Ouroboros, "Whoa. And look at who they worship."

"Let me guess: the Great Devourer.", Cole suggested.

"All the more reason to get Lloyd out of here. This comes to an end today." Kai says.

(M/n) whisper-yells to them, "Wait! Don't-" They run into a trap, dropping their Golden Weapons. Di-did these fools really-. (M/n) sighs at them before finding a way to get to Lloyd.

Pythor laughs at the sight of the Ninja being trapped, "Looks like we've caught the main event."

Lloyd gasps, "The Ninja."

(M/n) sneaks behind the stands of the crowd and quietly takes out guards that were guarding Lloyd. Hearing quiet shuffles, he turns around to see (M/n) crouching in front of him, with a finger against his lips. Lloyd nods in understanding and watches (M/n) bring out a tension wrench and a feeler pick. He starts to pick the lock. 

The Ninja are brought into the arena, but Pythor notices one's missing, "Where's the other ninja?" He looks around before spotting (M/n) crouching in front of Lloyd's cage. He calls a bunch of Serpentine over to capture the last Ninja. 

Cole notices (M/n)'s absents, "Wait. Where's (M/n)?"

Zane tilts his head, "Wasn't he behind Kai?"

Jay facepalms, "What's with us with loosing people?"

Kai spots (M/n) and points to his direction, "Ah! I see him."

Going back to (M/n) and Lloyd's situation, (M/n) continues to pick the lock with his back vulnerable. To busy focusing on the lock, Serpentine comes up behind him.

Lloyd looks up to see the Serpentine sneaking up behind (M/n), "Behind you!" As soon as (M/n) looks behind him, a kick to the face sends him flying in front of Pythor. (M/n) quickly stands on his feet with his weapon out. Ready to fight Serpentine that were coming his way, Pythor threatens him, "I think it'd be best if surrender, if you don't want your friends to get hurt." He signals the guards to point their swords at the Ninja. 

(M/n) turns around to see the Ninja with swords in their faces. (M/n) glares at Pythor, "You coward!"

Pythor sneers, "Watch who you're talking to. I'm the one calling the shots."

The Ninja shouts out to (M/n), "Don't worry about us!"

"We can handle them."

"If you stop Pythor now, you can end this."

(M/n) thinks before sighing. He doesn't want to risk the Ninja getting hurt. He drops his kusarigama to the floor and puts his hands in the air, "I surrender."

Pythor chuckles with a glint of enjoyment, "Good call." The swords are out of the Ninja's faces.  

Two Serpentine comes up to (M/n). One picks up his kusarigama and puts it with the rest of the weapons while the other leads him to the Ninja.

Cole pats (M/n) on the back while Jay panics, "Main event? What do you think he meant by "main event?"

Kai looks around, "I have a feeling we're the main event."

"Or the main course.", Cole adds.

Zane nods, "Kai, you may be right. Things really may come to an end today."

(M/n) elbows Zane, "Don't say that! You never know, we might make it out in one peace."

Jay shakes his head, "Uh, don't worry. The Samurai could still come around to save us."

Pythor smirks with glee as he stands near the throne chair, "You say you wanted a battle, and I give you one. I give you Ninja versus Samurai!"

The gates at the other end of the arena opens, revealing the Samurai who is brought out in chains and is released to fight.

Jay's jaw drops, "What? We have to fight the Samurai? But we don't even have our Golden Weapons and he has that hulking thing of armor. It's not fair." Life isn't fair.

"I want to see once and for all who is the greatest hero. Is it Samurai, or Ninja? Only the victor will be allowed to leave.", Pythor declares and the match begins.

Kai turns to the others, "Stay together."

"Perhaps he can join our team to fight our way out? After all, he hates the Serpentine too.", Zane suggests but the Samurai attacks.

Samurai X throws a curved shurkien at the team but they dodge, "Scratch that. He is not on our team."

Jay laughs, "Haha, missed me!" However, the shruiken does a boomerang effect and hits him in the back of the head. (M/n) laughs at him.

Zane looks to the others, "Tornado of Creation?"

They nod and they perform Spinjitzu with their respected element, 

"Earth!"

"Fire!"

"Ice!"

"Wind"

"Lightning!"

"Ninja, go!"

Samurai X takes a step back from the Ninja's tornado. The Ninja make a slingshot from the debris and fire, causing the Samurai to get hit. With the Samurai down, the Ninja rush towards Pythor and Scales but Pythor activates spikes around the arena. Preventing the Ninja to attack.

Jay throws his hands in the air when the spikes pop up, "Argh! Why can't anyone play fair?" Pythor tilts the arena, causing the Ninja and Samurai to latch on a spike before they could fall into the black abyss.

Cole grumbles, "Can this get any worse?"

Samurai X speaks for the first time, "We must continue to make it appear that we are fighting for real."

Jay raises a brow, "Huh, we're not fighting for real?"

Samurai X spoke up, "Keep up the charade and hold on to my exo-suit." The Ninja hop on to their exo-suit and they try to fly away. 

The exo-suit starts to shake when they're above the ground, "There's too much weight!" Samurai X jumps out and the mech blasts off.

"I can't believe he just saved us.", breathes Cole.

Kai looks at the ground in disbelief, "He stole our thunder again!"

"Argh! I hate that Samurai!", Jay shouts.

(M/n) looks back with a frown. He hears Lloyd, "Go, Ninja, go!"

Samurai X lands in a crowd and punches two snakes. They drop down to the ground and charges at Pythor. Pythor quickly grabs a hold of Lloyd before shouting, "Get him!"

Seeing Serpentine surrounding them, they activate a beam, "Magnetizer activated." The Samurai steals, which they catch, the Golden Weapons and leaves.

---

"How do you turn this thing off?" Kai screeches.

The mech swan dives and crashes in the desert. The Ninja slowly gets out of the sand.

(M/n) groans and holds his head, "I think I saw my life flash before my eyes."

Jay looks around the wreckage, "Where's Kai?"

-----                                                           -----

Kai landed in another location, with his head stuck in the sand. Kai grunts as he tries to get his head unstuck. He's able to free himself and looks around to find the others nowhere in sight,

"Guys? Huh?"

He hears the Samurai's jet and turns around to see the Samurai crash into the sand. Kai runs after them and hides behind a rock.

Samurai X shakily stands to their feet, "Testing. Testing? One, two." The Samurai takes their helmet off, revealing her identity.

Kai walks up to her in disbelief, "Nya?"

She quickly puts the helmet back, "Steer clear, Ninja! Don't look..." She sighs and takes the helmet off. "at me." 

"I don't understand. You're the Samurai?"

"It was always a boy's club. You never let me try to help, so I found my own way to be a hero. Are you mad?"

Kai shakes his head and smiles, "Mad? Of course not. It's just, all this time, I've been trying to protect you and you've never needed it. You're amazing."

Nya punches his arm, "Girl power. You're not gonna tell the others, are you?"

"But we had a bet. We said whoever caught the Samurai would be the Green—" He watches Nya's face morph into a frighten one. He sighs. "Of course I won't say anything. How'd you make all this stuff?"

"You'd be surprised how much spare time I have waiting for you guys to come back from your missions. You better head back before anyone gets suspicious. We'll have to rescue Lloyd another day." She gives him the weapons.

Kai looks at the weapons before looking up at Nya, "Nya, whenever I get in trouble, the other four always have my back. But you...just be careful, will you?"

She nods, "Promise."

"But how are you gonna get back?", he asks.

Nya smirks, "I have my ways." She presses a button on her helmet.

-----                                                           -----

The other four walk around to search for the red ninja, "Kai?" Jay yells. Zane does the same.

"Kai?"

Suddenly the Mech stands up. The four turns around to see the jets turned on and it takes off.

Jay starts running, " Quick. Get it. It's gonna get away!" The Mech flies away. "Great. Now we lost Kai, the Samurai suit is gone, and we have no way to get home."

Cole smiles as he spots a figure coming up close, "I wouldn't say that." Kai returns and shows them the Weapons.

(M/n) grins and waves at Kai, "Heyyy! You're alive."

---

They return to the Bounty and are brushing their teeth in their pyjamas. They listen to Kai as he explains his encounter with the Samurai, "He was all mysterious. Never said a word. Then handed me the Golden Weapons and poof, he was gone." 

Cole raises a brow, "Poof? He just poofed?"

Jay narrows his eyes, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute, Kai. If the Samurai had his hands on the most powerful weapons in the whole wide world, why would he just give them back to you?"

(M/n) looks at Jay, "Well maybe they're a good person."

Kai shrugs as Nya walked in, listening in, "Um, I don't know. Maybe she—I mean, he's not so bad after all. All I do know is that we owe him our lives. Maybe he has made is all a little better." What do you mean by 'she', Kai?

(M/n) glances at Nya, to see her face change from nervousness to a smile.

Zane stops brushing his teeth, "I sense this means the bet is off." He resumes brushing. (My shiny teeth and me.)

Sensei Wu nods, "More importantly, my nephew has found his way into the den of all snakes. I fear there may be no way of rescuing him now."

"Sensei, there's always a way.", Kai assures him.

Cole nods in determination, "And don't worry. We'll find it."

Sensei Wu smiles at them before leaving. He walks up to Nya. "I think you forgot this." He gives her a Samurai weapon. "Iron sharpens iron, and sibling sharpens sibling."

He leaves and she smiles before entering her room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 155 30
This is the original version of my most successful book; Reuploaded. I originally unpublished it for the rewriting process and moved this version to...
52.3K 1.5K 35
(Y/n) has been part of the group, Sons of Garmadon, for a while now. But still no one, apart from The Quiet One and the three generals, knows her lit...
696 24 8
In the bustling world of Ninjago, amidst the clash of elemental powers and the constant threat of dark forces, there exists a pair that is just tryin...
2.2K 37 15
Y/N, a 16 year old girl, adopted by master wu after her mother was killed by her evil step father. She is a helper to the ninja and is the master of...