Brittana: Love Conquers All

By 4EverReader1

25 year old Santana Lopez is the best Cardio Thoracic (Heart and Lung) surgeon in the nation. People come fro... More

Chapter 1: The Doctor
Chapter 2: Alone
Chapter 3: Sam
Chapter 4: Finally
Chapter 5: Dinner?
Chapter 6: Fallen Angel
Chapter 7: Realization
Chapter 8: Awake
Chapter 9: Yes or No
New Story
A/N please read
Chapter 11: He's Back
Chapter 12: A Shot in the Dark
A/N
Chapter 13: Losing You
Chapter 14: Waiting
Chapter 15: Getting There
A/N New Story!!!
A/N Please help
Chapter 16: Home

Chapter 10: Breadstix

3.2K 78 52
By 4EverReader1

Santana's POV:

Two days until my date with Brittany. To say I am excited would be an understatement. Though I still visit her every chance I get, I don't do anything because she us still my patient. Speaking of visiting her...

"Hey Britt." I greet as I enter her room and close the door.

"Hey.." she says softly.

"Are you okay?" I say concerned as I sit on the side of her bed.

"Yeah it's just..." she pauses.

"It's okay. You can tell me." I say as I take her hand.

"I had a dream about Lily. It just made me a little sad.."  she looks down.

"Oh Brittany.." I lay on the bed and hold her in my arms. She begins to cry softly while I stroke her back in a calming manner. "It'll be okay."

"Well it ever stop hurting Santana?" She asks but it's muffled from my scrub top.

"No." I say honestly. "It will fade over time, but it won't go away. And sometimes that's a good thing. Eventually, when you remember Lily, you will be happy about all of the good times you shared."

"Okay..." she mumbles softly. She has stopped crying but she's still holding onto me as if I'll leave and never come back if she lets go.

After a few minutes I see that she's fallen asleep. Good thing I don't have anymore surgeries today. I am still rubbing her back until I realize my eyes have grown heavy. I begin to close my eyes when I hear the door open. I look up to see Quinn.

"San-" she starts.

"Shh!" I shush. I gently unwrap Brittany from my torso and lay her down while she gives a whimper of protest. I giggle and whisper that I'll be right back. I grab Quinn and pull her outside.

"What did I say about waiting until she's been discharged?" Quinn interrogated me the second I shut her door.

"She was upset about Lily. I didn't know what else to do. And excuse me, I didn't see you bat an eye when Berry did the same thing." I argued.

"Okay, 1) Rachel is an intern and doesn't know any better. 2) she was comforting a 5 year old who lost his mother. And 3) she's with Finn. I feel like I can't yell at her.."

"Brittany lost her sister. That's no different. Lily was all she had, and she's gone now. I was doing my medical duty when I was comforting her. Had she gotten too upset, she would have aggitated her new heart."

I retorted.

"Ok, you know as well as I do that that last part is a load of bull shit. But, yes. I suppose you're right." She confessed

"Thank you." I say "wanna get drinks tonight?" I need a distraction until Friday.

"Uhh.. I can't. I erm.. have plans." She stutters.

I narrow my eyes. "What kind of plans?"

"Uh.." then her pager beeped "oh! I gotta go! Bye S!" She runs off.

"Don't think we're done with this conversation Q!" I shout after her.

~3 hours later..

I just got done with an emergency valve replacement and am scrubbing out when I decide that I'll just stay later because I need to be distracted until Friday.

I don't have another surgery and Brittany is asleep again, so I decide to sleep in an on call room. I go to the one in the East wing, since almost no one goes to that one, but when I near it, I hear something on the other side. I put my ear against the door. I roll my eyes when I realize it's moaning. Can't people wait until they get home to have sex. I mean seriously.

"Shit.." I hear someone, a woman, say from the other side of the door. I get closer trying to figure out who it is.

"Yes baby, right there." My eyes widen.
Holy shit I think to myself. So this is why Quinn couldn't have drinks with me. Damn. I kind if want to keep listening to find out who the guy is, but then I remember that Quinn is my best friend. I don't wanna hear about her sex life, let alone listen to it happening. I shudder and then run to the West wing on call room and fall asleep.

~3am

"Santana!" Quinn hisses.

"What." I say annoyed.

"Get up. Incoming."

"Ok. I'm coming." I say as I follow Quinn out. I look at her neck to see a purple/red mark on her neck.

"Nice hickey Quinn." I snicker when her hand flies up to her neck covering the spot.

"Uhh.."

"Nice to see you're actually getting some, but please, save it till you get home next time. I never want to hear you moan again." I shiver a little over exaggerated.

"You heard us!?" She whisper shouted

"Mi abuela could hear you." I tell her. "C'mon, whose the guy?" I question

"N-no one." She stutters.

I smirk. She wants to play the hard way, then fine. I'll play along.

"Oh.. so you were by yourself. I didn't know you were into that but whatever."

Her eyes widen in horror. "no no no!"

"Ah ha!" I laugh happily. "So who was it?"

"I'll tell you later S. Right now we have a life to save."

"I'm not letting it go Q. But you're right. Let's go."

~Friday, 6:30pm

I've spent all yesterday and today bugging Quinn about the guy she was with. She still hasn't said anything, but I can't think about that anymore. My date with Brittany is in 2 hours! She was discharged this morning.

Friday 9am.

"Okay Brittany, you're free to go." I tell her as the other doctors left.

"So... I'm officially not your patient anymore, right?" She asks hopefully.

"Yes." I smile. "You aren't my patient anymore. Why?" She gives me a playful grin.

"So I can finally do this." She says as she closes the space between us. Her lips met mine and I felt like I wad floating. I didn't waste a moment before kissing back just as hard. She wrapped her arms around my waist and I tangled my hands in her soft, blond locks of hair. Before this goes any furthur, I pull away, breathing heavily.

"Want me to take you home?" I smile.

She nods and we make our way outside and to my car.

The second that clock hit 6, I was out of the doors of the hospital. Now I was at home and in the shower.

It's 7 when I finish showering, my hair us blow dried, I have a bra and panties on and I have one hour before I need to pick Brittany up. I'm standing in front of my closet, when I decide on a simple black, strapless dress and my favorite black heels. I put on some make up that make my eyes pop and I curl my hair into long waves that flow down my back. Finally I add my silver necklace with a simple diamond and hoop earrings. Perfect. 

It's 7:47 when I start my ten minute journey to Brittany's house.

When I arrive I check myself in the mirror one, or, ten more times. And ring the doorbell. Not 5 seconds later, the beautiful blond opens the door. She is wearing a white flowy dress with black heels. Her hair is pinned up in the most gorgeous way and she has almost no makeup on. I'm stunned.

"I- I- umm. Uh.." dammit Santana! Really!?

She giggles. "You look amazing Santana." She says honestly.

"Y-you look beautiful." I almost whisper.

"Come on." She smiles and takes my hand. "The reservation is at 8:30"

I smile and lead her to my car, opening the door for her.

I start the car and begin driving when she speaks up. "Will you sing for me?"

"S-sure. Any request?"

"No.. anything you want."

I put in a CD and turn to track 7. I listen to the first few bars then begin.

You were in college working part time waitin' tables
Left a small town, never looked back
I was a flight risk with a fear of fallin'
Wondering why we bother with love if it never lasts

I say "Can you believe it?"
As we're lying on the couch?
The moment I could see it.
Yes, yes, I can see it now.

Do you remember, we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time.
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine.

Flash forward and we're taking on the world together,
And there's a drawer of my things at your place
You learn my secrets and you figure out why I'm guarded,
You say we'll never make my parents' mistakes.

But we got bills to pay
We got nothing figured out
When it was hard to take
Yes, yes, this is what I thought about.

Do you remember, we were sitting there, by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Do you remember all the city lights on the water?
You saw me start to believe for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Oh, oh, oh

And I remember that fight
Two-thirty AM
When everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out crying and you followed me out into the street

Braced myself for the "Goodbye"
Cause that's all I've ever known
Then you took me by surprise
You said, "I'll never leave you alone."

You said, "I remember how we felt sitting by the water
And every time I look at you, it's like the first time
I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter
She is the best thing that's ever been mine"

You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine
Do you believe it?
We're gonna make it now
And I can see it
I can see it now

I look over once I finish and see her smiling with adoration and something else in her eyes. I smile shyly.

"Oh my god that was amazing!"

"Thanks.. I've always wanted to sing" I confess.

"Then why did you become a doctor?" She asks curiously.

"Because I needed to do something that was actually achievable. I could never sing as a profession. It's unrealistic. So, I followed in my dad's footsteps." I explained.

"I think you would have made a great singer." She smiles as we pull into the Breadstix parking lot.

"Thank you." I say as I go to open her door.

We walk in hand in hand and Brittany goes up. "2 for Pierce."

"Ah yes. Right this way." The waiter says, leading us to our booth. "And what can I get you two lovely ladies to drink?"

"Umm.. I'll take an iced tea. What about you Britt?"

"Same. Thank you."

After 2 hours if eating, talking and laughing, we decide to head home.

"Can we have the check please?" I ask the waiter.

He nods and hands it to me. Brittany tries to grab for it, but I pull it back.

"no no no. You got it last time. My turn." I look at her while she frowns and I smile. "You can pay next time."

Her face brightens. "So there'll be a next time?"

"Definitly." I stand up. And hold out my hand which she happily takes. "Let's get you home." She nods and right before we walk out the door I hear,

"Well well well, if it isn't Brittany and the dyke."

I turn around, pushing Brittany behind me.

"Oh hell no!" I growl in the person's face.

A/N told you I'd update!

Who do you think confronted Santana and Brittany?

What is in store for them in the future?

Who was Quinn with in the on call room?

So many questions...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 299 21
Santana Lopez is almost heartless. She's popular, pretty, and confident. Well, she pretends to be. She has had a terrible past, resulting in her beco...
32.4K 726 31
Sam Evans, football player, popular, and talented guy in glee club. His sister Y/n Evans, shy, smart, and talented her best friend is Quinn Fabray an...
192K 3.7K 50
santana, an in-closet lesbian, and brittany, an out of the closet bi-sexual, have a thing. a thing that is only kept in each other's bedroom. santan...
45.6K 738 32
*Rachel and Quinn have always hated each other,but have you ever thought why? Rachel Barbra Berry has two dads, lives in Lima, Ohio, and goes to Will...