My life as a werewolf... wait...

By LostWriter22

Gwendalin Coen is a mischievous 16 year old girl who wants to discover more about her inner wolf. The secrets... More

Life as a werewolf
Chapter 1 [A Second Chance]
Chapter 2 [Delicious Stranger]
Chapter 3 [The Race]
Chapter 4 [Soldiers of the Moon]
Chapter 5 [Our Performance]
Chapter 6 [Change]
Chapter 7 [First Date]
Chapter 8 [Truth Revealed]
Chapter 9 [Torture and Interrogations]
Chapter 10 [Missing]
Chapter 11 [Remorse and Regrets in Memory Lane]
Chapter 13 [My Realization]
Chapter 14 [Revenge is Not Enough]
Chapter 15 [Best Birthday Gift Ever!]
Chapter 16 [Intimate Connection]

Chapter 12 [Save Me]

1.2K 23 16
By LostWriter22

CHAPTER 12 [Save me]

Previously…

Then I heard the door opening again with its spine chilling creek, this time I just laid on the floor and closed my eyes shut not caring what might happen next. Just drift my mind away from the coming dreadful scenery…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALEX’s POV

I slammed the door open of our mansion, desperate to find where Gwen is being kept. I searched everywhere, the basement, the interrogation room, the cells and even Heather’s bedroom and still no Gwen. Where the hell could they be keeping her? Or was she dead already and they buried her corpse or something? Augh! So many questions that brings horror into my mind.

I went into the kitchen for a drink, I need my mind to relax and function properly. I saw Brad sitting on the table, blood covered his face and shirt. His eyes grew bloodier than ever.

“Fresh kill?” I asked suspiciously. Brad had always been the kind who can easily spill secrets.

“Yeah, California blood tastes so delicious.” He said ominously.

“I thought we’re supposed to be as discreet as we can in this town? I don’t think killing the tourists is going to help our secret.”

“Oh come on, I was so thirsty. I guess drinking Lowell werewolf blood wasn’t a good idea. It makes me feel twitchy.” He explained lazily.

My eyes suddenly shot wide open and my body tensed but it soon recovered and I calmly said “You mean you bit the werewolf we captured?”

“Yeah, it’s awesome I know.” He announced with that insufferable ego.

“Is it still alive?” I asked, edging with fear about the answer.

“Yes…” he mumbled. “At least barely.” He chuckled.

“So where did you lock it up?” I demanded, trying to hide the anger in my voice.

“In some abandoned place in Blue Feather street- Oh crap! I shouldn’t have told you! Heather told me to not tell you!” he screamed out in frustration.

“Well, too bad. If you don’t mind, I’ll be on my way.” I said coolly, walking into the front door.

Brad suddenly appeared in front of the door, covering it with his arms extended. He wore a glare and a menacing grimace.

“Sorry bro, I can’t let you do that.”

I immediately charged at him, grabbed his neck and raised him off his feet while his back is against the door.

“Dude! What the hell!” he choked out startled, struggling to break free my strong grasp on his neck.

“You just drank my missing girl friend’s blood! I don’t know if she’s still alive! And now you’re trying to stop me?!” I reprimanded in dangerous deadpan.

“Well your girlfriend killed Daniel, Armand and mostly half of our entire team! The bitch deserved it!” he exasperated malevolently.

Then without me thinking, I punched him hard on the cheek. Anger consumed my thoughts and actions. Brad spat out blood.

“Don’t you dare talk about her like that!” I demanded, my voice roaring with rage. “I’d kill you myself if you won’t get the hell out of my way!”

Suddenly, he grabbed my neck and turned us around. Now I’m the one grinding against the wooden door. We both glared ominously at each other with burning eyes dripping with rage.

“You’re taking their side?! Don’t be a fucking traitor Alex!” he chided viciously.

“You’ve known me long enough to know that I will never betray my family!” I spat as I pushed him away. He hits the wall with such force that it cracked.

I stormed out of our mansion and headed to Blue Feather Street, not taking the risk to wait for Brad to get up and try to stop me again.

As I ran through the vast dark forest, different emotions flooded into my mind. Relief of finally knowing where Gwen is, Happy because I’m going to see her beautiful face again, Sadness of the fact that she’s in a life and death situation, Guilt of the taught that I was the one who put her there and Shame of the memory of me shooting her at that full moon. I pray that she could forgive me… Hell I can’t figure out how I can even forgive myself!

After all that, Gwen might have despised me. She’ll think I’ve betrayed her, I set her up and tricked her through everything. But I never did, everything I felt for her was real. I never felt like this before and she’s the only one who could make me feel this indescribable comfort.

This epic sensation of her being right by my side, the stunning relief of all the chaos in my life fading away when we make our playful conversations, infinite pleasure when she touches my skin and the feeling of being so alive when I my ears relish her spectacular laugh.

Please don’t let Gwen die. I reached the abandoned house I noticed that the metallic door is broken. So I just entered, there was no light. I tried to find the switch through touching the dusty walls. Finally, I switched it, the lights opened. The room was empty I saw blood stains everywhere, the walls and floors. And there are broken pieces of wood everywhere. I saw an open jail cell on the side, I saw shed fur in it…

RED FUR! GWEN’S HAIR! I broke down on my knees. I touched the sleek dead fur that littered the floor, she was here. A look of determination filled my stormy blue eyes. I got to find her!

I bolted through door by door of this long eerie hall way that seem to hold many jail cells like an actual high security prison. I slammed each door shut with frustration. Where is she?! I opened the second to the last door and froze in terror at the sight I saw…

It’s Heather! Glaring directly at me with those intimidating blue eyes, our eyes are almost the same but mine doesn’t hold such complete coldness and atrociousness as hers.

“What are you doing here Alex?” she asked with a firm deadpan on her face.

“Where’s Gwen?” I retorted with equal seriousness in my voice.

“If you try and save her, it means you’re taking their side. The werewolves, those miserable disgusting mutts that already caused too much trouble for us.”

“I don’t care and I’ll never be a traitor. So just tell me where she is so I could get on with my unending life.” I carelessly responded.

“I can’t let you do that brother. If the Endeavors find out that a Lowell is alive, they would kill dad.” She said, I was surprised to see her use this card. Using the safety of her family for the first time to convince me to stop doing something she doesn’t like. She usually uses the death threat instead of the guilt trip.

“And they won’t. As far as everyone knows, she’s a Coen. She’s been doing fine for 8 years.”

“I can’t risk that.” She threatened tensely.

I turned around and headed to the last door. Heather promptly appeared in front of me, covering the metal door.

“Get out of my way.” I demanded, my glare growing tighter.

“Make me.” she ridiculed with that wicked smirk on her lips.

I grabbed her shoulder and before I could even push her away, she suddenly grasped on my neck strangling me and threw me to the other end of this long hallway. The floor cracked behind me as my body crushed on the ground hard. I tried to focus on my consciousness. I stood up and Heather suddenly punched me vigorously on the face, I groaned before sending her a barrage of relentless punches that she seems to be avoiding narrowly yet effortlessly.

Then she managed to grab my right wrist just as I was about to hit her face. My look of rage slowly dissipated into a frown while her smirk grew bigger. She swiftly scratched my left cheek with her long finger nails then she kicked me right on the stomach. I doubled over, coughing on the floor.

“Should have took those taekwondo classes when we were kids instead of goofing off, Alex.” She mocked kicking me again while I was on the ground.

I retaliated by tripping her legs and she fell with a loud “THUD!” on the concrete floor. The cuts on my cheek slowly closed. We both wore dangerous glares in our bloody eyes. We sent vicious punches and kicks at each other, only to be blocked easily. I snarled as I landed a huge blow on her face. She growled in pain and then she countered with a fast slap.

Our fight continued with quick punches and kicks only to be countered by nimble dodges and defensive blocks. She hits me with a solid upper cut, I flew high in the air and fell back into the concrete ground. I felt the dirt and rubble on my face.

Heather grabbed a piece of wood that was perfect for staking. Is she really going to kill me?! I don’t believe it! She stepped on my chest and raised the stake. She brought down the stake lightning fast but everything suddenly turned into slow motion. My eyes were wide in astonishment and my reflexes forced me to grab the stake before it could hit my stomach. I knew she couldn’t stake me through the heart. Our looks were exchanged. I promptly stood up, pushed her to an empty jail cell until her back hits the wall then I stabbed her stomach till it got stuck into the wall behind her. She cringed and shrieked in pain, struggling desperately to pull out the stake. I closed the metal door shut that should hold her off for a while. I immediately ran to the last jail cell. I slowly opened the door and the battered view made tears fall down my cheeks.

GWEN’s POV

I’m running through the thick woods. I don’t know why I’m running but all I knew is that I’m terrified. Tears were rolling down my face. “BANG!” a gun shot.

I fell on my knees, I hissed at the pain of the bullet that pierced through my arm. The pain of silver in me was unbearable. Heather appeared in front of me with that crooked smile she usually wears.

She kicked me on my stomach while I was lying on the ground with my knees causing me to hurdle a few feet backwards.

I groaned as I tried to pull out the silver bullet from my arm, blood came gushing out. Alex and Heather stood in front of me staring down at me with their two pairs of blue eyes as I sit up. Alex pulled out a silver revolver and aimed it at me, my eyes widened frantically. What?! Doesn’t he see me? Can’t he see my face? I’m Gwen, he can’t do this! Please don’t shoot me Alex…

“Alex! It’s me! I’m Gwen!” I shouted desperately, my voice cracking. I’m trembling like I’m having my own personal earthquake.

“I know, I’m not blind.” He retorted coldly with that beautiful voice. His blue eyes slowly turned into a bloody red. As the words were out of his mouth, I felt like a knife was struck through me. I felt my heart stop, my whole body felt numb. I’m frozen.

Tears were soaking my face, I felt so terrible, so weak, so hurt…

He’s really on their side?! He actually betrayed me… He knew I was the one he shot that night… Everything was a lie…

“Bye Gwen…” he whispered as he planted the end of his gun on my chest. Its cold hard texture sent chills down my spine. I closed my eyes to shield myself from the horrible scenery. The next thing I heard was a heart stopping gunshot…

ALEX’s POV

I laid her small figure gently on the ground. Her red hair that was once so sleek is now frizzy and lifeless. Her face was blanched in dried up tears. Those glistening golden eyes that I’ve been longing to see are hidden behind tired eye lids. Her luscious lips curved into a broody frown.

“Gwen please wake up.” I pleaded as I try to shake her out of unconsciousness. I need her now more than ever. With each passing second, my shaking on her grew more and more frantic wanting to hear a reply from her. She isn’t moving… hell! She isn’t breathing!

“Gwen! Don’t die on me!” I screamed hysterically. I put my lips on hers and performed CPR, forcing as much air into her lungs as possible. I pressed my hands to pump on her chest. I moved faster as the moments passed.

I grabbed her wrist to search for a pulse… nothing.

No, no, no, no! She’s not dead! I yelled in my thoughts. I pumped her chest harder and faster, blew more air to her lungs. To be honest, I don’t know anything about CPR. Yes, I spent a hundred years not knowing. As I told you before, I often screw up. I made so many wrongs in my life and right now Gwen has been the only thing I got right. So no way I’m letting her die like this!

GWEN’s POV

My head is throbbing, every inch of my being is in unbelievable pain and I can’t stop it. I could only see the darkness consuming me. Am I in hell? I can’t take this anymore! I can literally feel my grip on life is slowly fading away. My memories flash before my eyes, the bad and the good. But the good memories are all lies… How could I live with that? Am I just asleep? If I am, please wake me up! I’m in such a dreadful nightmare. But no matter how desperate I try to open my eyes, I just can’t. I can’t move anything. I can’t feel anything.

Again I’m in this state and I hated this. I got used to this pain, I just don’t care anymore. If I’m gonna die then I’m dead. There’s no reason in fighting it anymore. What would happen anyway? I’d wake up to be tortured by Heather again, that bitch…

“Gwen.” Whoa! Where did that come from?!

“Gwen please wake up…” that marvelous voice my ears relished. I almost didn’t recognize it by the amount of sadness in his voice.

“Alex…” I was able to whisper out. My voice came out hoarse and unclear. My throat hurt when I talk. Maybe because I haven’t had a decent drink for days… then pain shot through my body causing me to wince and moan in agony.

Somebody lifted me up into a sit up position. I managed to open my eyes and see those blue eyes that stared directly at me. It’s HEATHER!

I immediately pushed her away from me and stood up, finding it hard to maintain my balance in standing up properly without stumbling a bit.

“Get away from me!” I demanded as loud as I could, my throat starts to hurt more. My golden eyes were shot wide open wildly.

“Gwen! Calm down! It’s me, Alex!” a melodic sound begged.

I took deep and heavy breaths, my heart pounded furiously on my chest, I think it would pop out. I refuse to fall into one of these vampires pathetic games, not again. Alex betrayed me and this might be just another trick that Heather planned.

“I don’t believe you!” I refuted angrily and attacked my enemy. Anger took over my wrestling emotions. I punched him hard on the chest as salty tears fell down my cheeks. He coughed after the impact of that powerful punch. My eyes were clouded with tears as I walked up to him, ready to kill…

“Gwen! I’m really Alex!” he shouted desperately.

“Even if you are it won’t changed anything! You betrayed me Alex! You shot me, locked me up and left me to die at the bloody hands of your bitch of a sister!” I reprimanded viciously.

He just sat there on the ground, his eyes wide open and his lips curved into a guilt filled frown.

“I… I’m sorry Gwen, I never knew that it was you!” he replied pleadingly.

My head pounded faster, growing more and more painful. I don’t know what to believe, what to think, what to do. Confusion overwhelmed me.

Then I reminded myself of the dangerous state that I’m in. But why don’t I feel the heavy chains binding me anymore? Wait, no more SILVER chains! I growled viciously, awakening the wolf inside me. I easily turned into my wolf form in a snap. The first thing that popped out in my head was that I’M HUNGRY! I feel so relieved to be out of those chains. Stretch my aching limbs, breathe fresh air and kill till there’s no living thing left. I’m finally free!

The scent of blood filled my lungs, there’s a vampire! I charged it without thinking. The hate for Heather, Brad and Charles took over my mind. I just want all of them dead. I furiously tried to bite it because I know the effect of my bite to their kind, its instant death. It evaded me narrowly and cumbersomely.

ALEX’s POV

I can’t believe it! What happened to her?! What the hell did Heather do to her?!

“What the hell are you doing to my sister?!” I heard a vicious snarl that sounded like Robert’s deep voice.

I turned around to see two enraged brothers running towards me with deadly glares gleaming in the moon light. If looks could kill, I would be at the worst part of hell right now. It’s difficult to avoid getting bitten by Gwen’s swift moves.

Robert and Jet suddenly pushed her away from me. She stumbles backward with loud snarls. Then she stood up and tackles her brothers. Robert and Jet hurdles away and fell on the ground next to me.

Gwen howled before dashing off into the forest.

“What happened to her?!” Jet asked incredulously, unbelieving that his sister attacked him.

“I don’t know! I just found her in some abandoned basement! Then she started attacking me.” I explained worriedly.

“Expect me to believe that?” Robert accused.

“Robert enough! We have to get Gwen before she does something unnecessary. We all know that she isn’t herself right now.” Jet ordered urgently before storming into the woods.

I and Robert followed behind. This is what I like about Jet he’s always so calm and precise about these kinds of things. Robert is just a big asshole.

A thick smell of blood clung to the air as we passed through the mass of severe body parts scattered on our path, making me feel thirsty. Trees littered all over the area, the forest looks like a hurricane thrashed it. The moon stood still in the clear night sky. I couldn’t figure out what Gwen’s scent is, I couldn’t track her like Jet and Robert can. A blood curling shriek rung through the forest.

I heard ravenous growls, we finally found Gwen. She’s devouring another dead human freshly killed. It seems like Gwen massacred a whole group of campers. The tents were splattered with blood, bodies lay on the ground ripped to shreds and the bon fire still alive. She moved her head up and threw a glare at me with those golden malicious eyes. Her red fur was erect and razor sharp teeth filled her mouth which was dripping with blood, making her monstrous wolf form more intimidating than ever.

Before I knew it, she lunged at me with a fast pounce. I was frozen at the spot, I didn’t expect that. She suddenly gets tackled by a brown werewolf in mid-air, Jet. I noticed the brothers have changed into their wolf forms and they tried to stop Gwen’s rampage. While I just stand here, completely useless. What could I do? If I get near to any of them, I might risk getting bitten.

Their fight was fast, skillful, relentless and brutal. Gwen was growling and biting viciously. They scratched, bit and tackled each other. I can’t believe how strong she is. She can match the power of both of her brothers. Blood stained her fur from her wounds, so her reddish fur became bloodier. Soon she stopped attacking and ran away. She’s heading towards the town, she might get seen!

We chased her, desperately trying to catch up to her fast pace. Please snap out of it Gwen…

ROSE’s POV

Ugh… walking sucks! Can’t believe I just had to break up with Josh after the party! How stupid of me! He was my only ride home. So I’m left here, walking through the dark side walk, alone and drunk. I shouldn’t have drunk too much tequila if I knew I was gonna walk home alone. Blackwater should really plan on putting street lights. Then I suddenly froze as I hear a rustling sound in the woods right next to the side walk. I started to walk faster, fear came gushing into my mind. Who could that be? A squirrel? A deer? A drunk? A stalker? A drug addict? A rapist? A murderer?

“GRRR…” oh my God! What the hell was that?! My eyes widened franticly, I turned around to see that nothing was there, this time, I ran, I ran as fast as I could. The sound of my heels clacking echoed in the lonely street. The growling sounded louder and louder… closer. My heart pumped crazily on my chest, I took fast and nervous breathes.

“What the hell?!” I shrieked as a huge bloody animal that seems to be a wolf came out of the forest in front of me. Now I totally regret walking home alone. It glared at me with those dangerous glistening golden eyes. Eyes that seemed to be so familiar…

I froze where I stood, I dropped my Louis Vuitton handbag on the ground. It lowered its stance, preparing itself to attack. I could feel my whole body tremble in fear. It’s going to kill me!

I felt my heart skip a beat as it leaped at me with that beastly face that you can only see in nightmares. With fangs ready to bite on my bones, sharp claws ready to rip my flesh off and a blood thirsty glare that shown no mercy.

Fortunately, another monster came out of the woods and slammed on the one assaulting me. Its black fur made it almost impossible to see through the darkness. Another wolf-like creature sprang out of the woods and joined the fight, it had brown fur. All I could hear were loud snarls. A silhouette of a normal human holding a flaming torch came out of the forest… I couldn’t believe it! It’s ALEX!

He ran to the monsters killing each other and brought the torch in the center of their rampage. They stopped on their tracks and the red wolf yelped and curled into a small ball in fear. The other wolves surrounded it. Alex glanced at me with a solid deadpan and bolted right next to me, how can he move that fast?!

Then he carried me, I tried to struggle free but his grip was strong. I couldn’t see where he’s taking me. “Alex what the hell was that?!” I asked, determined to get the answer. He didn’t reply, instead he just kept on running at an unbelievable speed. Then everything suddenly blacked out…

Next thing I knew, I woke up. I’m on my bed, still wearing the clothes I wore at the party. Since when did I get home? My head hurts, I gripped on my temples, hang over is going to hit me soon. Ugh, was it all just a dream?

GWEN’s POV

“Yeah, this isn’t your first time to kill someone due to your continuous massacres. Gwen, when are you gonna stop this?”

“You just killed Selena! She’s your own best friend! Gwen what the hell were you thinking?!”

“Let’s have a moment of silence, for the soul of our principal. He was a great man, a faithful husband, a dedicated father and a hard working principal for the betterment of our school. He shall forever be remembered and loved.”

“Can’t believe a monster like you exists in this world, I’ve truly seen the face of the devil.”

“Let me ask you something, do you have a heart? Do you feel any guilt when you rip someone’s spleen off? Or regret for every family you’ve ruined?”

“For fuck’s sake Heather! Get out of my head!” I screamed, sitting up and held both of my hand on my pounding head ache. My mind was once again engulfed in vicious confusion.

“Gwen! Heather isn’t here. You’re gonna be alright.” A soothing voice tried to comfort.

I opened my eyes to see that I’m on my bed, my soft and comfortable bed... I’m actually back home? No more sleeping on the cold hard floor? No more irritating water drops? No more creepy moats? No more poisoned hotdogs? The feeling of desperate hunger finally gone? But I could never say that there’s no more pain…

No way this could actually be true! One minute I’m so close to death and now it’s all back to normal? No way I’m gonna fall into one of Heather’s tricks ever again. I have had it! I promptly stood up from my bed in alertness.

“I don’t believe you. Stay the hell away from me!” I refuted, I ran to the door, someone blocked me. Anger took over, adrenaline once again rushing through my veins.

“Get out of my way!” I demanded, punching the hindrance on the face. I tried to hit him continuously before he grabbed both of my arms telling me to stop. It sounded so much like Jet! But my mind refused to believe anything! Now she’s going to play with my mind using the number one person who I could totally trust?! Hell no! Tears formed in my eyes while I punched harder at the fake Jet. My fist started to go numb as I kept on with my relentless attacks. The hands gripping on my arms were powerless against me.

“Gwen! Stop it!” Jet’s voice pleaded.

“No! For God’s sake Heather! Quit messing with my head!” I cried out. The tears just kept on rolling down my face. I held unto my scorching temples with both of my hands. I grimaced whilst falling to the ground on my knees. Pain pulsed all over me.

Someone hugged me from behind…

“Get off me! Let go!” I shouted, my voice is still hoarse. I struggled, soon the last of my energy dissipated. I felt the warm hug wrapped around me… a wave of relief wash over me… a sensation I never thought I’d never be able to feel again…

“Gwen, I’m sorry…” He apologized, tightening our hug.

This was all I needed to believe that everything is real. This is really Alex… I hugged him back, feeling his body on mine. I sobbed on his chest, soaking the warm material of his shirt. I’m finally free… It’s really over…

__________________________________________________

Author's Note: Sooooo sorry for the super long delay!! Well i'm a teenager, what do you expect? :P i'm the laziest. Well this chapter was hell of a long one -.-So i hope you'll like it! Enjoyed it?

So how's the song? it's titled "Bring me to life" by: Evanescence, originally i wanted to put "Papercut" by: Linkin Park but i thought this one is a whole lot better. :)

I've finished the slideshow! Is it ok? i think it matches the tragedy on every character's face in this chapter :)

i didn't pick Avril Lavigne as a representative for Gwen randomly, check out their attitude! i love it! I'm totally an Avril fan! she's back btw! at March "Good Bye Lullaby" will be out! can't wait! ^o^

Whatcha think? Good? Bad? Horrible? Sucks? Awesome? CHOCOLATES?

don't forget to leave a comment/vote! ;) i would really appreciate it!

thanks so much for reading! i love you readers who kept me motivated to continue this story XD

OMG! I forgot some details about Josh! :'(

He's also a needed to be mentioned character in this story! (Like Brad). So please go back to chapter 3 [The Race] and re-read all of the details about how Gwen met Rose, i forgot to add the Josh thing, so i added it now! 9 chapters late XD So i'm so sorry, please check it out to better understand Josh's role in this story. He's also a good friend of Gwen just like Rose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 12.2K 44
Forsaking God to kiss someone you hate might not be a smart decision, but damn does it hurt good. ✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.* Judith was never su...
24.2K 1.1K 33
🔴 NOTICE 🔴 This book is completed but I still need to do my last read-through so I can make any final changes and fix any mistakes. Expect random u...
13K 586 31
*Will be undergoing editing soon* "I was your curse , and you were my disease. I was saving you , but you were killing me." After loosing everything...
792K 13.8K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...