To Love *The Maze Runner/Newt...

By Bri1432

"In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how well you lived, and how gracefully you let go... More

To Love
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (Newt's Pov)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
*NOT AN UPDATE*
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
QUESTION TIME
Chapter 11
Please Read
Chapter 12 (Newt's Pov)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
To Love: Playlist 1
Chapter 15: Prologue Part 2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (Newt's Pov)
To Love: Playlist 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
~Important Info~
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
To Love: Playlist 3
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
To Love: Playlist 4
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
To Love: Playlist 5
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Sneak Peek
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
To Love Yourself.

Chapter 29

11.3K 373 371
By Bri1432

~~~Quick Author's Notes~~~

This chapter is quite crazy and totally insane, but it's a good one. Some people will think it's stupid and that I'm ruining my story but YOLO! I had an idea and I'm running with it.

SORRY IT'S SO SHORT!

OMG okay, Its so different, like my heart beats faster thinking about it. I'm scared that nobody will understand where I'm taking this, and that y'all will hate it, but I'm gonna just post it and try not to cringe. OKAY ENJOY!!

~~~~

~~~Third Person Pov~~~

"Everyone is dismissed! Good work today, get a good night's rest." Janson shouted, neatening up his pile of paperwork. Almost all of the lab workers rushed to leave the room, exhausted after the eventful night, well, everyone but Karen.

"That was close," She said, tapping her pen against her clipboard.

"Yah, it was. Now please go, Karen," Janson repeated, dismissing her.

"He's getting worse," She said, not leaving. The 'he' Karen was referring to was Newt, Subject A-5.

"No, he's getting comfortable. He trusts the girl."

"Really? Because distrust is listed as one of the most prominent characteristics present in Newt's personality report." Karen refused to believe that sending Brianne into the maze did anything to better Newt. And she felt that this night, Newt's panic attack and all, just proved her previous theory.

"You're such a downer, Karen. Maybe I need to send someone to your rescue." Janson laughed this conversation off.

"Not funny," She huffed, "Do you realize how close we are to losing him?"

"Do you realize how far away we are to finding a cure? Because I think that's the bigger issue at hand."

"I don't understand you, Janson."

"What's so confusing? I'm helping Subject A-5. We can control any and all of the emotions he feels."

"Why'd you do it?" Karen asked, randomly. But it really wasn't random, this question had been in the back of her mind for a while. Why had Janson been so set on sending Brianne into the maze?

"Do what?"

"Send Brianne in. Why?"

"I don't have to explain myself." Janson said, walking away to file papers.

"You didn't have to. You could have just controlled Newt. Tuned out his emotions. He doesn't need the girl to save him."

"Yah, you're right, I could have."

"So why didn't you? I mean, at the end of the day neither of them are really that important to our company."

"She is very important. She's helping Newt- how many times do I have to say this? And shut up about Newt's importance, okay?"

"It just doesn't make sense- Why help him? Why spend all of our time on him?"

Janson lowered his eyebrows, frustrated at the questions coming his way, "It's a complicated matter."

"Why Newt though? All of the subjects feel depressed at some point."

"His case is worse."

"No it isn't."

"It's not about Newt," Janson huffed angrily.

"Then- fine. What about Brianne? Why did you sneak her into the experiment?"

"I had to."

"Why?" Karen pushed, wanting information.

"Like I said, it's complicated."

"It's gonna get really complicated when Ava finds out that you went behind her back."

"I didn't go behind her back-"

"Yes, you did. You sent Brianne into the Maze without her approval. We never planned for her to be sent into the maze."

"I did what I had to do."

"When she realizes that you added an untrained subject to her project, she isn't going to be happy."

"I could have had her banished, but no, you thought that that idea was ridiculous."

"I was just making a point, you don't have to always kill to get what you want- but anyway, what's gonna happen when things start going crazy in our experiment? What are you gonna do, save all of the subjects. Put a shield of protection over Newt and Brianne?"

"I don't care about the subjects."

"But, you do! If you didn't care, then you wouldn't be lying for them! If you didn't care, you'd have killed Brianne. If you didn't care you'd have just controlled Newt. You'd cover your wrong doings if you didn't care about them, but you do care!"

"Lets just get this straight, I couldn't care less about Brianne."

"Then why do you care so much about Newt?"

"I don't."

"Then why the lies, Janson?"

"I was sick and tired of watching everyone in that maze mope around. They needed an extra push. I knew Brianne could do just that. She rekindled their energy. They're already moving at a slower pace compared to their competitors," Janson sighed. This wasn't the real reason, but it would steer Karen away from the underlying issue at hand, "Look at all of the things Brianne has started. I had no choice but to add her." Both lab workers looked up at the screens.

Karen eyes focused closer, looking at the pictures of the gladers. She flicked her attention over to Janson, then back up to the screen on a picture of Newt and Brianne. She did a double take, and leaning forward, sympathy overtook her features, she asked, "That's not the real reason, is it?"

Janson almost let his guard down, almost told Karen the reason for all of this, but he quickly composed himself and carried on with his work, hoping that Karen didn't really know anything, "This conversation is over."

"No! Why didn't you say anything?!" Karen knew and Janson knew she did too.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Janson lied, trying to end the conversation.

"No, I know what it is! Janson! I can't believe I never realized- You-"

"You're dismissed!"

"But you're-"

"I said go." He repeated, this time a little more forcibly. To bring things even further, he shut off the screens projecting the pictures from the Maze.

"Fine," Karen mumbled, grabbing her bag from off of her desk. Everything, as if she knew all along, clicked into place. She finally understood the reason behind Brianne's rushed invite into the maze. She knew why Janson snuck the girl in to help Newt. She knew why Janson couldn't kill Brianne or why he couldn't let Newt go. And she almost felt bad for pressing for personal information, but as she looked, one last time, at him, head lowered, working restlessly, she, too, knew why he had a deep care for that maze.

His child was in it.

~~~~~~

~~~Author's Notes~~~

Somebody's gonna hate on me for writing that last line. But honestly, it's like pushing the boundaries of TMR series just enough without going too far away from the story. Or at least I think so.

Idk, It's different, like I haven't heard of that idea yet. And I like to set my story apart from others. IDK GUYS! THIS IDEA CAME TO ME THE OTHER DAY AT LIKE MIDNIGHT.

But hate all you want, I'm going with my idea. Technically y'all don't know who his kid is *smirks* If you think back to my prologues you'll know BUT STILL...

I like plot twists and I think this is a good one.

ANYWAY, WE HAVE REACHED 100K READS! HONESTLY, I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but it is!!! I almost cried and I just love Newt and writing and I love you guys and I'm blabbering on because I'm nervous to post this chapter.

BUT ILY ALL SO SO SO MUCH AND I'LL TALK TO Y'ALL SOON!

*btw: Next update will probably be next Sunday, because I have a two day basketball tournament next week, and I don't think I'll have much time to write*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 59.6K 42
❝But now I know that wherever we are, or whatever we're doing, we'll always have each other.❞ You woke up in the Maze two years ago with no memories...
17K 325 30
Newt X fem. Reader TW!!!: mentions of self harm, suicidal thoughts and rape/attempted rape All around violence Horrible description of story: You're...
17.2K 342 25
Crank killer. Apocalypse survivor. Loner. Her world was flipped upside down when her brother was snatched from the apocalyptic world for a nasty exp...
2.6K 68 22
"𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣, ℂ𝕝𝕖𝕞. 𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕞𝕪 ℕ𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣." After escaping the terrors of the Maze, Clementine and h...