Light Of My Life

Galing kay calculated-chaos

When your job title is FBI agent, getting hurt is kind of an occupational hazard. And when you're hurt, who d... Higit pa

Light In The Dark
There's A Difference
Domestic Disturbance
When Your Past Haunts You
Maybe Wishes Do Come True
Hard Hit
Picture Frame
Sweet And Savory
Anxiety
Heat Of The Moment
Trust
Water And Tears
The Moon And The Stars
The Losses We Feel
Dull Colors
Close Call
Friends Like These
Aquatic Surprise
A Day Out
Secrets
Symptoms
Gun Point
Devyn Miller
"I'm Sorry."
Grief
Flowers
Guilt
Piece Of The Past
What Could've Been
You're The One
Matching Puzzle Pieces
Home
One, Two, Three, Four
Daddy Dearest
Endgame
"I Will Always Find You."
Colors Of The Body
No Regrets
Just A Rehearsal
Light Of My Life
Happy Ever After
Epilogue

I Wouldn't Call It A Date

13K 332 57
Galing kay calculated-chaos

Thank you guys so much for reading and reviewing! You guys really seem to like Richard and that makes me so happy! Richard is the best and there's much more scenes with him to come!

I really like this chapter. It's funny and cute. There's a line I'm super proud of because I think it's hilarious lol.

Words: 1,813

_______________

Spencer sees Morgan approaching him from the corner of his eye. He doesn't look up at the man but instead keeps his eyes on the paperwork he's filling out. When Derek reaches him, he leans against his desk, Reid pauses.

"Yes?" He peeks up at the man with a questioning look. Derek is smiling, Spencer sighs internally.

"You gonna call her?"

"Call who?" Spencer asks and looks back down at the paper but he doesn't really take it in.

"Don't play dumb, pretty boy," Morgan shakes his head and Spencer sighs. "Come on, I know you got her number."

"I'm sorry, what?" Emily appears, asking her question with a surprised laugh.

"Spencer got a girl's number," Derek says in a sing-song voice and Reid rolls his eyes.

"Oooh, Dr. Reid," Emily smile in interest and joins Morgan's side. "Well? Who is she? Where'd you meet?"

"It's the paramedic," Derek tells her and Spencer shakes his head, dropping his pen. They're talking as if he's not even there.

"Oh, the pretty, young one?" Emily says in realization, pointing to nothing, and Morgan nods in confirmation. "Yeah, I remember her. Nice going, Reid."

"But he hasn't called her."

"Reid!" Emily gasps. "You can't keep a girl like that waiting." She discreetly nudges Morgan and he nods back slightly.

"Yeah, man, you can't expect her to wait forever." Morgan sighs dramatically, smirking when Reid pinches the bridge of his nose.

"She's probably thinking you're not even interested by now, I mean-"

"Fine," Spencer raises his hand, cutting his friends off. He's not an idiot, he's knows exactly what they're trying to do. He's just annoyed that it's working. "You want me to call her? I'll call her right now." Pulling out his phone, Spencer dials Devyn's number while Emily and Derek look at each other, smiling in triumph.

Bringing the phone to his ear, Spencer sits back in his chair and gives his co-workers a look. The line rings and rings. It gets to a point where Reid thinks he's not going to get an answer. He's not sure if he's glad or not. Of course, he wants Devyn to answer but he doesn't really want to talk to her in front of the team. Why did he give in to them?

Just when he's about to move the phone away from his ear, the ringing stops and a bit of static sounds before a voice. "Dr. Reid."

Eyebrows furrowing, Spencer sits up in his seat, turning his head down to block Morgan and Emily out. "How'd you know it was me?"

"Oh, I didn't," Devyn says and Spencer can imagine the expression on her face perfectly and the way she shakes her head. "I've just been answering every unknown number that way since I gave you my number. Confused a lot of telemarketers."

A laugh escapes Spencer and the young man misses the raised eyebrows from both his colleagues. "I bet," He mumbles. "Um..." Trailing off, Spencer looks up at the others who continue to watch him. He squints his eyes at them before standing and walking away. "Hey." He says weakly once he's alone. He had called her because the others were bugging him. He doesn't actually know what to say.

"Hey," Devyn chuckles in return. "What's up, doctor?"

"Uh," Spencer stutters again, huffing out a laugh. "I-I wanted to call you, I just don't know what to say." Honesty is the best policy, after all.

"That's alright, I can talk enough for the both of us," Devyn jokes - well, it's not totally untrue - with a chuckle. Spencer returns it. "Well, we've already had coffee. How about we get food sometime?"

"Y-yeah, I'd like that." He nods, a little relieved. Despite the fact that she gave him her number, the little voice in the back of his head hadn't let him believe she was truly interested.

"Good. I can uh, give you my schedule and we can find a time that works for both of us." Devyn tells him, her voice trailing off slightly at the end as if her focus shifted to something else. "You can pick the place or we can decide, I'm not picky."

"Okay," Spencer nods a little slowly, his mind still trying to catch up to the fact that he just got a date.

"Okay," Devyn repeats, a smile evident in her voice. "I hate to do this, but I have to go now. Thanks for calling."

"Of course," Rubbing the back of his neck, Spencer looks down the hall, moving back when someone walks past him. "I'll uh, text you?"

"Yes, sounds great," Devyn says with a short pause. "Bye, Spencer."

"Bye," Spencer manages to say before the line cuts off. He smiles when he pulls the phone away from his ear, bringing it down to look at the screen. Slipping the device into his pocket, Reid starts to make his way back to his desk but when he rounds the corner, he nearly runs into Derek and Emily. Both agents turn away quickly. You'd think profilers would be more discreet. "Do you guys have nothing better to do?"

"Nope," Morgan calls over his shoulder but continues back to his desk.

********

"I don't care," Devyn pauses, her hands full of gauze wrap. She turns her head to look out of the ambulance towards Richard. "When my shift is over, I'm gone."

"Why the rush?" The man asks without looking up from his clipboard. "Got a date?" Devyn freezes again, her lips pulling back into a thin line. When she doesn't answer, Richard slowly turns his head to look at her. "You have a date."

Shaking her head, Devyn continues to restock the ambulance supplies. "I wouldn't call it a date."

"Oh, yeah? What would you call it then?"

"Dinner," Devyn shrugs, picking up the syringe she drops before setting it with the others.

"Hate to break it to you, kid, but that's a date," Richard says as if he's breaking bad news and Devyn huffs. "Who is it? That fed? You know, the skinny one who always seems to be injured in some way."

Stuttering, Devyn rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "Yeah, that one." She decides to say. No point in arguing, he's not wrong, after all.

"He not a little old for you?" Devyn will have a headache in no time if she rolls her eyes anymore.

"It's barely a six-year difference," She defends. "That's nothing. And-and it's not a date, okay? We're just...eating."

"That better be all," Richard mutters under his breath, voice just quiet enough that Devyn can't understand him.

"What?"

"Nothing," He sighs and looks up at her. "Have fun, be careful, or whatever." Richard waves lazily before shutting the ambulance's doors.

"Yes, sir," Devyn mumbles, furrowing her brows at the random gauze pad sitting on the gurney.

Hours later, Devyn is grimacing at her reflection. She's never been the dressy type. The blue jeans and the casual shirt she's wearing can attest to that. But it's not a date so, it doesn't matter. Right. Right?

Devyn turns away from the mirror, grumbling to herself. She's never cared before, why start now?

She sprays a little extra perfume on, to mask the smell of cigarettes. She doesn't smoke - anymore - but the people in her building do. She wears her hair down, the ends falling just above her shoulders, a change to its normal braided back style.

Grabbing her bag and jacket, Devyn leaves her apartment, locking the door behind her. Exiting the building, Devyn sets down the sidewalk.

It's not long that she comes upon the park. Her lips turn up when she sees the back of Spencer's head and she slows her footsteps, making them near silent. "Hello, doctor." She whispers into his ear, standing up straight when he jumps. "Probably not good to scare a man carrying a gun, I realize that now."

"No, you just-I didn't hear you," Spencer says, watching Devyn moves to sit across from him. Her eyes scan the chessboard before she moves on of pieces.
"You play?"

"I know how," Devyn shrugs. "I'm not that good. Though I bet you are."

"I get by," Spencer downplays his skills and moves one of his pieces.

"Maybe you could teach me." Devyn smiles playfully and Spencer flushes but nods.

"Y-yeah, I could...do that."

"Hey, how's your shoulder?" Devyn suddenly asks. He's not wearing the sling anymore but she wouldn't be surprised if he took it off the same night he injured it.

"Uh, i-it's good," Spencer nods and looks down at said shoulder. "Morgan usually does the heavy lifting, anyway."

Devyn laughs in surprise at the joke. "Don't sell yourself short," She tells him. "I don't know you very well, but I don't have to to know that you have an amazing mind, Dr. Reid. One like no other."

Spencer clears his throat and looks down, the heat in his cheeks rising even more at the compliment. "Thank you." He mutters, peeking up to see Devyn smiling softly but purposely casting her eyes down.

"So, how was your day?"

"Uh, uneventful," The day truly was boring. Luckily he'd managed to hold out on telling Morgan that his date? was today, so the man didn't tease him too much. Though he did tell Emily and JJ. He couldn't not, he'd needed advice, he'd been so nervous. He still is. "How was yours?"

"Slow," Devyn shrugs. "I think restocking the bus was the most interesting thing I did."

"Try sitting at a desk all day."

"I could never," Devyn shakes her head with a chuckle. She moves another chess piece and when Spencer moves to do the same, she speaks up. "You don't have to let me win."

Pausing, Spencer changes his hand's course and picks up another piece, capturing her king. "Checkmate."

"It would seem so," Devyn sighs but she smiles across the table at him. "But I demand a rematch."

Spencer winces but starts to place the pieces back in order. "Only one person has ever been able to beat me."

"Ooh," Devyn chuckles. "Okay, doctor and chess master. That number is about to be bumped up to two." She says even though she knows she'll never actually beat him if he doesn't let her. But the smile Spencer gives her is worth it.

____________

Wasn't that cute? I love what Devyn said when she answered the phone, that's the line I think is hilarious. What about you guys?

Our two love birds had there first date. Even if they're both unsure if that's what it was, that's what it was.

Thanks for reading! What did you guys like most about this chapter?

___

'-'

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.2K 79 26
When a new agent joins the BAU and goes out for drinks with her coworkers, she finds herself flirting with a handsome stranger, only to find out he w...
19.1K 333 17
A boss and his own agent who has her own secrets to guard? She knows that not only is her boss off limits but he wouldn't want a damned soul like her...
1.5K 24 17
• Criminal minds • Different stories with the characters of criminal minds. Sometimes there's going to be erotic parts/stories, but there's spanking...
65.1K 2.2K 47
As the direct supervisor to Agent Hotchner, Chief Olivia Stephens has to make sure he and the units function at their best. But he has been making it...