Warzone » Isaac Lahey [Book 2]

By redamncys

Please note: I wrote this a long time ago when I was much younger. This does not reflect my current writing... More

Tattoo
Chaos Rising
Fireflies
Unleashed
Frayed
Motel California
Currents
Visionary
The Girl Who Knew Too Much
The Overlooked
Alpha Pact
Lunar Eclipse
Anchors
Q&A
Q&A - Answers!
More Bad Than Good
Galvanize
SCOTT MCCALL & YOUTUBE
A/N
Illuminated
Silverfinger
Riddled
Letharia Vulpina
Echo House
Insatiable
The Divine Move
Let you go
Thank You
bad news :(
set a date!

De-Void

6.9K 208 90
By redamncys

I slammed shut yet another cupboard door and then opened another.

I was surprised I hadn't ripped one off its hinges yet, considering we were in my old house.

"What are you doing?" My brother questioned, stepping into the room.

I ignored him and slammed another cupboard door shut.

"Need help finding something?" Peter asked, standing next to him.

I pulled open the final door and smiled when I found what I wanted.

"Got it"

I grabbed the bottle and started pouring the contents of it everywhere.

"What are you doing!" My brother exclaimed.

"Repeating history" I snapped, pulling open the set of draws to grab the matches.

"Shay-" he stepped closer to me.

"You followed me here" I spat.

"Shay-" he repeated.

"Don't come any closer" I warned.

With my hands shaking, I took a match from the box and struck it. The flame lit up.

"Shay stop it" Peter said firmly.

"Why? I don't want to walk through the woods and see this house anymore. There's nothing here for us. Every inch of this house is filled with memories of the people I love that have died"

Derek edged closer to me.

"You think I haven't lost people too. You think I haven't wanted to burn this house to the ground!"

"Everyone is dead. Pretty much our whole family is dead. There is nothing here for us anymore. Why should I have to walk past here every day and be reminded of what happened!"

"Shay this isn't you. You're upset about Stiles and you're not thinking straigh-"

"This isn't all about me!" I screamed. "This is about the Argents. This is about our family. Our dead family. Our mother!"

The flame started to burn lower and lower down the match. I could feel the heat against my fingers.

"Shay you need to calm down" Peter said firmly.

"There's nothing left for us!" I yelled. "So why not just burn it to the ground"

I went to throw the match down but I was suddenly thrown half way across the room.

The match slipped from my hand and I watched as Peter grabbed it, putting it out.

My brother and I tumbled to the ground and I growled. He grabbed my wrists and pinned me down on the floor.

"Get off of me!" I yelled.

"Not until you calm down!"

I pushed him off and scrambled off the floor.

I started running until I was flung forwards.

I slid across the floorboards until I hit the wall, knocking the air out of me.

Suddenly, my throat felt tight and I couldn't get any air in.

I started to cough, which lead to me choking on something.

"What's happening to her?" My brother's face appeared in front of mine. "What's happening to her!" He yelled at Peter.

"I don't know!"

Instinctively, I touched my hand to my throat, still choking.

And then it all stopped.

I heard a buzz of something and I looked over to the noise, the tears in my eyes clouding my vision.

Derek opened his hand and then closed it shut again.

I rubbed my head in pain.

Peter and Derek exchanged confused glances.

I frowned. "What happened?"

~

"You okay?" My brother asked me, sounding genuinely concerned.

"Okay? No. Nor have I been since weeks ago. I nearly burnt our old house down for christs sakes! A fly came out of my mouth earlier. That's not even normal! And to top it all off Stiles is still evil and we still don't know whether he can be saved or not. Oh and I think I'm completely losing my mind!" I practically yelled.

"I meant about why you were swatting the air and have been for the past ten minutes but okay" he shrugged, standing by the table.

"Oh and there's me thinking you were genuinely concerned about my mental stability" I rolled my eyes.

I looked over at him, wincing when I noticed the open wound on his back, that still hasn't healed.

I was about to speak up again when I heard the buzzing of the fly right by my ear.

"What is it with me and flies today!" I exclaimed, swatting the air again.

"What are you doing?" My uncle looked at me as he stepped into the room. He then turned to Derek. "And more importantly, why aren't you healing"

"It's from one of their swords. It'll heal" Derek replied.

"By playing chess?"

"Back in his room, Stiles had a board with my name on one of the pieces. If this is a game to him, then I need to figure out the plays" my brother said.

"Not so easy to do when it's a game without rules" my uncle said.

I frowned. "What does that mean?"

"You're dealing with the kind of spirit that's lived too long to play by human rules. It's a fox spirit that chose to become human. And supposedly, that's something they can do only after about 100 years. If a kitsune is an annoying pain in the ass, then a nogitsune, which is a dark kitsune, is a freaking disaster. Besides, chess is Stiles's game. It's not the game of a Japanese fox" Peter said. He then frowned at Derek. "Do yourself a favour and put something on that" he indicated to the wound. "Before it gets infected"

~

I stepped into the McCall household just as Aiden was leaving.

"Hey, what's going on?" I grabbed his arm.

He shook away from my grip and continued on in a hurry.

"Asshole" I mumbled to myself as I walked into the house.

"Oh, I hope he gets there in time.
I like the twins. Short tempers. Homicidal compulsions. They're a lot more fun than you bakemono trying to save the world every day" I heard Stiles say.

Everyone turned to look at me as I stepped closer.

"What's going on?"

Stiles grinned at me. "Now here's someone that knows about fun and homicidal compulsions. Do you think you can get this party started?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

"You know, he's right about homicidal compulsions" I said to the others. "In fact, I feel one coming on right now" I glared in the direction of Stiles.

"Doc, you brought something to paralyse his body. You got anything for his mouth?" Melissa asked.

"Yes, I do" Deaton pulled out a roll of tape and ripped it before placing it over Stiles' mouth.

I could hear Stiles shouting but it was muffled by the tape.

"How much longer do you think we have?" I asked.

"I wish I knew. But if we don't figure out something soon, we're going to need to find a better place to keep him. I think we're grossly underestimating the danger here. He might be paralysed, but it still feels like he's got us right in the palm of his hand" Deaton said.

Scott and I glanced at each other and then back at Stiles.

"But the scroll said to change his body" I pointed out.

"That's if I translated it correctly. We're looking for a cure in something that might actually be nothing more than a proverb or a metaphor"

"And what if he doesn't want it? He's never asked to be a werewolf" Scott reminded.

"What if it saves his life?" Lydia said.

"What if it kills him?" I said.

Everyone went silent.

"I've never done this before. I mean, what if I bite him and accidentally hit an artery or something?" Scott asked.

"The venom is not going to last long.
Something needs to be done sooner than later" Deaton pushed.

"I can try calling Derek again" I said. "He should have been here by now"

Lydia pursed her lips. "Maybe we should call someone else"

I frowned for a moment and then realised who she was talking about.

I looked up at her. "You're not being serious are you?"

She gave me a hesitant smile.

I sighed.

~

"He doesn't look like he would survive a slap across the face, much less the bite of a werewolf" My uncle said.

"You don't think it would work?"

"This is more a war of the mind than the body. There are better methods to winning this battle"

"What kind of methods?" I questioned.

Peter pulled Scott's hand, showing his claws.

"We're going to get into his head"

~

"So, do we have a plan?" Deaton asked as Lydia and Peter stepped back into the room.

"Scott is going to try and dig through pale and sickly evil Stiles's mind to unearth pale and sickly real Stiles" My uncle said. "Then guide him back from the depths of his own subconscious. But he's not going to do it alone"

"What do you mean?" Scott frowned.

"Somebody needs to go in with you"

We all turned to look at Lydia.

"Hang on a minute" I said. "Wouldn't it be safer if I went in. This could be dangerous for her"

"It depends. You decide Lydia" Peter said.

She turned to all of us. "I can do this"

"So what do we do if we find him?" Scott asked.

"You're going to have to guide him out somehow. Try to give him back control of his mind, his body"

"Could you elaborate on the somehow? It's not feeling very specific at the moment" Lydia said nervously.

"Improvise" my uncle shrugged.

"What if this is just another trick?" I said.

"When are you people going to start trusting me?" Peter turned to me. "We're family"

"Unfortunately so. And I meant him" I pointed at Stiles.

"Oh"

"Scott, we're running out of time"

Lydia started to move towards the couch.

"Wait" I grabbed her arm. "Are you sure you don't want me to do this?"

She nodded. "I'm sure"

I took a deep breath as I watched Scott stand behind Lydia and Stiles.

His eyes glowed red as he slowly placed his claws behind their necks and then dug them in.

~

"Look at that. Do you see that? She's bleeding" Melissa pointed out.

I started to step forwards but Deaton pushed me back.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea"

"What's happening? What is happening to her?" I asked worriedly.

Peter knelt down towards her. "Lydia, can you hear me? Lydia, you're stronger than this. Okay, you need to concentrate. Lydia" he took a deep breath before yelling. "Lydia!"

There were a few moments of silence until the two of them gasped.

"Did it work? Did it work?" Scott questioned.

"What happened? Why didn't it work?" Lydia rushed.

"Because it's not science, Lydia. It's supernatural" Peter said sarcastically. "I did my part. Now give me the name"

"What name? What are you talking about?" Scott asked.

Peter started to drag her away.

"Lydia, a deal is a deal. Even with me"

She leant up to whisper something in his ear.

"Malia"

A disgusting retching sound caught my by surprise and I turned around to see Stiles starting to pull bandage like materials out of his mouth.

A hand rose from the pile on the floor and a creature rose up, his face covered by bandages.

He jumped forwards and I quickly stood in front of Lydia and Melissa to stop him from coming too close.

I then ran over to Peter and Scott who had tackled him down.

"Hold him" Peter snapped.

"I'm trying" I yelled back.

"Wait, wait, wait!"

Scott started to pull back the bandages, revealing Stiles.

Wait. Stiles?

"Scott" he said, looking confused.

"Scott" Deaton spoke up. He indicated behind him where the door was open.

My eyes widened.

I was so focused on Stiles' magic trick that I didn't notice someone was missing.

"Where are they?" I asked out loud. "Where are they?"

Scott turned around, noticing Lydia and Nogitsune Stiles missing too.

"Lydia!" He yelled.

"Lydia!" I screamed.

We both ran to the open door and shouted in unison.

"Lydia!"

~

A/N

Kinda stole that first bit from the vampire diaries whoops.

Guess what's coming up next chapter...

*dissolves into a puddle of tears*

AND HAVE YOU ALL SEEN THE SEASON 5 TRAILER AHH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 4.2K 30
Six months. That's how long Aspen has been at peace. It's how long she's been dating sweet, Beta Liam Dunbar. It's how long Scott and his pack have b...
558K 15.5K 28
In which a normal teenage boy falls in love with a teen werewolf. ►►► SLIGHT AU [Book one of Savior series] [season 2] [COMPLETED] Copyright© 2016...
325K 9.9K 42
Please look into reading the full story on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CTN28YRV?nodl=1&dplnkId=5d6a5848-c601-4164-9a4d-b934a6d97e01 "Ever Dan...
203K 6.3K 37
» season 2 - book 1 of the magnolia series 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 "𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘨𝘶𝘺𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵," 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴...