My Sister's Keeper (TLOU Elli...

By Multifiction2513

Follow Ellie, Dina and Ellie's twin brother Dylan as they hunt down the people responsible for Joel's death... More

You Like Her
The Dance
I'd Like To Try
Waking Up
Lookout
Clearing The Supermarket
Eugene's Place
The Chalet
Packing Up
Welcome to Seattle
Take On Me
Have A Little Faith
Room For Three
Back to School
The Book Store
TV Station
The Tunnels
Flashback - Happy Birthday!
Hillcrest Part 1
Hillcrest Part 2
A/N
Flashback - Finding Strings Pt 1
Flashback - Finding Strings Pt 2
Road to the Hospital
Meeting the Seraphites
Hello Nora
We Made Her Talk
Next Stop The Aquarium
A/N
Road To The Aquarium Part 1
A/N
A/N
Ambushed
Final Farewell
Secret's Out
For Our Family
A/N
Bit Of Excitement
Peace Shattered
Finding Abby
You Let Her Go
Home
Years Later

Return Home

297 8 0
By Multifiction2513

After what felt like an eternity on the road, the group had finally returned to Jackson. Slowly, they pulled up to the gates and came to a stop.

"Identify yourselves! Now!" A guard on duty called down to the truck.

Tommy moved his head out of the truck window and looked up at the guard.

"It's me, Jerry. Got the kids with me too." Tommy replied.

"Holy shit, Tommy! Open the gates! Someone get Maria!" Jerry informed.

Tommy got back into the truck and looked at the kids.

"You ready?" Tommy asked.

"No, but we can't stop now." Dylan said before he put the truck in drive and entered Jackson.

The kids got out of the truck after Dylan put the truck in park. Dylan helped out Dina and Ellie, and they were quickly whisked away to the infirmary.

"Hey, be careful with Dina. She's pregnant." Dylan informed as the doctors escorted them.

Maria headed over to Dylan before addressing her husband.

"Are you okay? Cause you look like you're about to crumble...What happened?" Maria asked.

Dylan shook his head and moved his head, urging her to follow him as he moved to the back of the truck.

"Did I hear that Dina's pregnant? Where's Jesse? Does he know yet?" Jesse's mom, Robin, asked.

Dylan pulled back the tarp on the back of the truck, revealing Jesse and Talia's bodies.

"Oh my God. Dylan, I'm so sorry." Maria said.

As Maria went to hug Dylan, she was pushed aside as Jesse's mother and Talia's mother moved to see the contents of the truck.

"Oh my God. Is that...?" Robin asked.

Dylan looked to Robin and Talia's mother with sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Robin. I'm so sorry, Katherine. I did everything I could to save Katherine, but I was too late to help Jesse. They both deserved better. I'm so sorry." Dylan said as a tear fell down his cheek.

Robin pulled Dylan into a hug and walked away with her son's body as he was unloaded from the truck. Dylan looked to Katherine with a heart filled with sadness and sorrow. Suddenly, Katherine's hand made contact with Dylan's cheek.

Dylan went to explain what happened and her daughter's decision, but was once again slapped in the face. Maria then stepped in and pulled Katherine away, consoling the grieving mother with a hug. Dylan watched as Talia's body was carefully removed from the truck. Dylan followed as Talia's body was placed in a coffin, Dylan kissed his fingers and placed them to Talia's body, before he began to walk away.

As Dylan walked the streets of Jackson aimlessly as tears streamed down his cheeks. As he walked, he caught a glance of what he believed to be a ghost of someone he once knew, an old flame of his - his first love. He shook the image from his head and continued on his way.

"Dylan?" A voice called out.

Dylan stopped in his tracks as his heart remembered the familiar voice. He turned around slowly and made contact with the eyes that he had fallen in love with long ago.

"Maddie?" Dylan asked as he walked towards her.

"Long time no see, D." Maddie smiled before pulling him in for a hug, "I'm sorry for your loss. I heard about Jesse and Talia. Jesse was a great friend and Ellie told me how special Talia was for you."

Dylan began to break down in tears as he clung to Maddie.

Maddie began to run her hand up and down Dylan's back, consoling him. Maddie placed a soft kiss to Dylan's cheek and placed her hands on Dylan's cheeks, forcing him to look at her.

"You going to be okay? I know how much grief can hurt a person." Maddie asked as she began to wipe away Dylan's tears.

Dylan nodded, "I need to be okay. I've got to look after Dina and continue to watch over Ellie."

"Yes, I heard about Dina. Is the baby Jesse's?" Maddie asked.

"No. Dina is pregnant with my child." Dylan replied.

"Your child? Wow, congratulations. Did Jesse know?" Maddie asked as she took Dylan's arm in hers and began to walk with him through Jackson.

"Yeah. He was happy for the pair of us, but he didn't want Dina to know he knew. I don't know why, but I assume he had his reasons." Dylan replied as he wiped his face of the remaining tears.

"And did Talia know?" Maddie asked.

"Yeah, it took her some time, but she came round to the idea of me having a baby with someone else. She was planning our future - our own family." Dylan took a deep breath, "I guess I'll have to do as she asked of me and continue living my life for my loved ones."

Maddie took Dylan's hand in hers as she removed her arm from his.

"That's all any of us can do now days. We must find something worth fighting for." Maddie informed.

"Christ, you sound like Joel." Dylan smiled.

Maddie chuckled lightly, "Well, he was somewhat of a guardian for me too. He taught us how to swim remember."

Dylan nodded and chuckled lightly, "I'm glad you're back. I've missed you and our conversations."

Maddie blushed and smiled at Dylan.

"I have too. I'm happy to be back even at a sad time like this." Maddie replied.

The pair made their way to the infirmary, finding Dina awake with Ellie sat beside her.

"Hey, D. How you feeling?" Dylan asked as he greeted Dina with a hug.

"I'm feeling much better and the baby's okay. Doc wants to keep me for a little while longer though, just to be sure." Dina replied.

"Good and Ellie, how are you holding up?" Dylan asked.

"I'll be fine. Few bruises and cuts can't hold me down and doc said you did a good job with my arm, so thanks bro." Ellie smiled.

Dina looked between Dylan and Maddie seeing that their hands were intertwined.

"So, Dylan...I see you and Maddie have caught up. How long has it been?" Dina asked.

"Must be about 3 years since we last saw each other." Maddie replied.

"Feels like an eternity has passed." Dylan said as he looked to Maddie with a smile on his face.

Dina looked to Ellie with a smirk, then smiled at Dylan and Maddie, hoping that he would find happiness once again with Maddie, seeing as she had already brought his bright smile back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.8K 1.5K 35
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 �...
67.5K 2K 26
𝐇𝐀𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 Iris Parker had been travelling with Henry and Sam for a while, she thought of them as family, but during their journey, they cross...
4K 79 4
A The Last of Us Part II fanfic. This story follows Dina a year after the events of TLoU PII.
27K 1.3K 51
After Joel's murder, Ellie lost something far greater than just the man who raised her: a chance to make up. Tormented by that fact she leaves Dina a...