Winter Tangerines (IU x SUGA)

By hakunamatata613

"I guess now I understand why fate was not in our favor the first time we met." Yoongi took a sip of his coff... More

hello!
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty (part 1)
Forty (part 2)
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
🍊🍊🍊
Epilogue
Announcement🤓

Twenty-five

392 38 5
By hakunamatata613

It has been two weeks since Beomgyu started working at Genius Lab. He was being trained by Yoongi and Yijeong with song production, something that Beomgyu has been wanting to learn.

"Hyung, how does this seem so easy for you? I mean working on a song is something I've been wishing to do, but I can't believe it's this difficult."

"If you love what you're doing, you won't be thinking of it as a difficult task. Of course, it's not always fun and chill. There are times when I also experience musician's block."

"What do you do when that happens?"

"I sleep. A lot."

"Wow. You're just like noona. She also sleeps when she's stressed with work."

"Does she gets stressed often?" There was a slight concern in Yoongi's voice.

"Not that much, maybe sometimes. I mean noona is really good with songwriting. Just like how good you are in producing."

Yoongi couldn't hide his smile when Beomgyu complimented him. "You'll be good too, someday. Just keep going and don't stop learning."

"That's why I'm so lucky that I have the best mentors ever. Thank you, hyung!"

Their great conversation was interrupted by the noise they heard outside Yoongi's office. They thought that there was an emergency since they could hear the shrieking and shouting from the female trainees in their building. They rushed outside to check what the commotion was all about.

"Wait, it's him again." Beomgyu's eyes followed the source of the fuss.

"Who is it?"

"That singer. We met few days ago. Noona said he used to work with her."

Yoongi was curious who that person was and why he was in the building. He was about to take a closer look when the Yijeong appeared out of nowhere, dragging the person who caused the sudden turmoil. They panicked and ran their way to Yijeong's office where Yoongi took a good look at the man who was with them. He finally recognized him.

"That was crazy!" Yijeong wiped the sweat on his forehead. "You've become really famous now."

"Hyung, I'm not. Maybe they were just surprised. I was very surprised too. I went here without any idea that there were already many staff and trainees in your team."

"Well, things have gone better. Thanks to people like you who trusted us from the beginning."

The two seemed to forget that they were not the only persons in the room. They found Yoongi and Beomgyu awkwardly watching the entire conversation.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry I got so excited." Yijeong approached Yoongi. "Yoongi bro, I would like you to meet Jungkook. Remember him?"

"Of course." Yoongi offered his hand to Jungkook. "It's nice to finally meet you."

"Suga-ssi! I've been waiting for this day to come. There's so many things I want to tell you." Jungkook felt shy meeting one of persons he looked up to. "I'm very thankful for the opportunity you gave me to work with Genius Lab. Thank you for believing in me."

"No, we should be the one thanking you. You were very patient with us. You helped us step up in this industry."

"Ah, it's really nothing. You guys inspired me so much. Thank you Yijoung hyung, thank you Suga-ssi."

"You can call me hyung too. It sounds much better."

"Okay, Suga hyung. Thank you." Jungkook was very happy that he finally met one of the reasons for his success. Although Jieun was the one who discovered him and brought him to the limelight, it was still Yoongi who gave the final approval for his debut. He felt so lucky that he chose the right people to help him reach his dreams.

"Oh, Bamyu, you're here too." He waived at Beomgyu who was silently watching the three men talk.

"It's Beomgyu." The kid answered, slightly annoyed.

"Ah yes, I'm sorry Beomgyu." Jungkook lightly scratch his head, embarassed. "Is your sister here?"

"She's at her studio."

"Is she busy? I want to give her this." He was holding a bouquet of red and purple roses. Yoongi was suddenly intrigued.

"I can take you to her." Yijeong volunteered.

Yoongi and Beomgyu were left at Yijoungs office, both questioning whether those flowers were really necessary.

"Hyung, I think he likes noona."

"Huh?" Yoongi was lost in his thoughts that he barely listened to Beomgyu's words.

"I said I think that JK guy likes noona."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Why would he bring her flowers in the first place?"

"Hmm. Right."

"Hyung."

"Hmm?"

"You like noona too, right?"

Yoongi was caught off guard. He didn't know how to explain things to Beomgyu without the latter getting the wrong impression of him.

"Beomgyu, I like Jieun, but only as a friend. She was a very good friend."

"Ohh." Beomgyu sounded unconvinced. "That's why you have that photo on your table. 'Cause she's a good friend?" He gave a mischievous smile.

Yoongi was starting to blush. This kid knows too much and he acts nosey just like his sister.

"That's nothing. It was just a memory of a happy day."

"Okay hyung, if you say so..." Beomgyu was still smiling. "but I hope you're really sure of that. I mean, noona's a good catch. And well, we have that JK guy over there giving her roses and all."

Beomgyu put on his soft expression before speaking again, all eyes on Yoongi. "What I'm trying to say is, hyung, I like you for Jieun noona."

"Aish this kid." Yoongi have never felt this bittersweet emotion before. "Let's get back to work, okay?"

Jieun was so preoccupied with her work when Yijeong and Jungkook entered the studio. She was on the process of recording a new demo after the last song she worked with Yoongi. She barely noticed the two men until she paused for a while to get some coffee. She stopped when she saw them watching her.

"Jungkook?"

"Jieun-ssi, hi! It's nice to see you again."

"Why are you here?"

"I told you, I'll visit you guys. Too bad, Tae and Hobi hyung were out."

"Oh, yes. They're really busy today." Jieun realized she was still holding the coffee maker. "Coffee?"

"Yes, please!" Yijeong interfered. Jieun ignored him completely. She gave the cup of coffee to Jungkook instead.

"Thank you, Jieun-ssi. By the way, I got you something." He handed her the bouquet of roses. Jieun was surprised to receive such present.

"Wow, thank you, Kookie. This is beautiful."

Jungkook was all smiles when he heard what she just called him. "You still call me Kookie."

"Uh, don't you like it? I'm sorry. I guess I got used to your nickname before."

"No, it's not that. I like it. In fact, I missed it. I missed you calling me Kookie."

Yijoung shrugged his shoulders. Like Beomgyu, he can also sense how fond Jungkook was of Jieun. Even before, he would do anything just to catch the lady's attention.

"You're lucky this girl is soooo oblivious." Yijoung whispers to himself, as if he was talking to Yoongi.

"Yijeong, are you saying something?" Jieun noticed her bestfriend mumbling behind Jungkook.

"Ah, nothing. I was just trying to talk to myself since you guys are too busy with each other."

"I'm sorry, hyung. It's just that...I'm really happy to see Jieun-ssi again."

"I'm happy too, Kookie."

"I'm happy three!" Both looked at Yijeong like he just made the worst joke in his life. "Okay, okay. I better leave you guys to talk."

"No, it's okay, hyung. I need to leave anyway." Jungkook stood near Jieun. "Jieun-ssi?"

"Yes?"

"Can I invite you for coffee on Saturday afternoon?"

Jieun was hesitant for a while, but she thought that nothing is wrong with having coffee with an old friend—except that that friend was now a world-famous singer.

"Sure, Kookie. I'll take you to my favorite coffee shop."

"Yeah, I remember, the Serendipity Cafe!" Jungkook answered cheerfully.

Jieun was suddenly reminded of the memories she had at that cafe. From finding Seokjin, her inspiration to write songs again, to discovering Jungkook who onced performed at an open mic event, to the puzzling incident that happened between her and Yoongi almost a month ago.

Min Yoongi, why do you have to ruin my happy memories in my favorite place?

***

a/n: So while writing some of the chapters in this story, I suddenly thought whether the story will still take more chapters or it will only need few. I'm not yet sure because I have so many ideas in my mind and I really love writing this one. Hehe.

I'm also considering of making another one, although I'm still thinking of an interesting story and characters. Oh well😊

Time to sleep. Good night! Hope you enjoyed this update💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 2.8K 87
"We can't be together but I can't lose you too," his once soothing voice sounded pained. "You're right, we can't be together." she agreed as her hea...
360K 16.3K 41
"You know, you are more of a freak than I thought." "I didn't know I am like that either. Guess I have to blame you for this." "Believe me babygirl t...
14.3K 1.1K 59
You kept walking without looking back. Your shoulders were slightly shaking because you tried to hold your tears. Yoongi followed you quietly. You un...
72.5K 2.6K 35
{COMPLETED} "How's my babygirl doing this morning?" He asked me. "Why did you you do this to me?" I asked him while tears are coming out of my eyes. ...