Warzone » Isaac Lahey [Book 2]

By redamncys

Please note: I wrote this a long time ago when I was much younger. This does not reflect my current writing... More

Tattoo
Chaos Rising
Fireflies
Unleashed
Frayed
Motel California
Visionary
The Girl Who Knew Too Much
The Overlooked
Alpha Pact
Lunar Eclipse
Anchors
Q&A
Q&A - Answers!
More Bad Than Good
Galvanize
SCOTT MCCALL & YOUTUBE
A/N
Illuminated
Silverfinger
Riddled
Letharia Vulpina
Echo House
De-Void
Insatiable
The Divine Move
Let you go
Thank You
bad news :(
set a date!

Currents

13.5K 341 412
By redamncys

"How are you getting home?" Isaac asked as we stepped off of the school bus.

"I'm just gonna walk" I shrugged.

"Are you sure about that?" Scott spoke up.

"What do you mean?" He nodded in the direction of a car. My Uncle Peter's car.

I groaned. "You have got to be kidding me"

"Are you sure you wanna go home with him? I mean, you've said yourself that you don't trust him" Isaac said worriedly.

"I can handle him" I shrugged.

Scott and Isaac glanced at each other.

"What? I can take care of myself"

"Shay, wait" Isaac reached for my hand.

"Yeah?" I turned around.

He leant down and kissed my lightly on the lips.

A smile ghosted on my face.

"Hmm. I love you too"

Isaac smiled. "Text me when you get home"

"Will do"

I headed over to my uncle's car and sighed as I got in.

"Enlighten me, why are you here?" I asked.

"Nice to see you too" my uncle rolled his eyes as he started up the engine. "Anyway, I come bearing good news"

"Is Derek alive?" I asked hopefully.

"Wait how did you know?"

I shrugged. "Ethan told me"

"Ethan? One of those alpha twins?" Peter asked.

"Yes"

"Why did he tell you? Please don't tell me he has a crush on you"

"Because I saved his life. And ew no I think he's dating Danny anyway"

"I see. Oh. Oh, right. Okay"

"So Derek's alive?" I asked.

"Yes. He is"

I sighed in relief and rested my head on the seat.

"How did he? I mean I saw him fall-"

"I have no idea. You'll have to ask him" Peter shrugged.

I smiled. "I can't believe he's still alive"

"Don't get too excited"

"What why?"

"He's still pissed at you"

"For what? Please don't tell me it's still about Cora" I groaned.

"Partly. But he's mainly annoyed that you went with Scott to see Deucalion"

"Are you kidding?" I asked.

"Nope. I think his near death experience kinda woke him up. He kept saying that it could have been you in his place or something like that" Peter said.

"But he brought along Cora" I argued.

"I think he meant that if he hadn't turned up then it would have been just you, Isaac and Scott against a pack of alpha's" Peter explained.

"But if I hadn't gone with them then it would have been just Isaac and Scott alone" I pointed out.

"Well tell him that" My uncle said.

I sighed. "I don't understand what I've done wrong"

"Personally, I don't think you did anything wrong. You were worried about your best friend so you didn't want him to go along. Isaac obviously had the same idea so came with you. It was probably a stupid idea to try and talk to them anyway but Scott's plans do suck. If Derek hadn't have turned up though then you probably would have avoided a fight. So really he's in the wrong"

"Did you tell him that?" I raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"No"

I rolled my eyes. "I feel like he likes Cora more than me. You know, she wouldn't come back with me last year. But when she found out he was an alpha building a pack, then she decided to come home"

"I mean, I don't trust her. To be perfectly honest, I don't really trust anyone in this messed up family apart from you" Peter said.

"Okay, what are you planning?" I asked curiously.

"Me? Why would I be-"

"You're agreeing with me and you're being nice to me. You're definitely planning something" I said.

"I'm not planning anything. I'm just simply stating that I think you shouldn't have to put up with all the shit Derek gives you. Look, I know he's your brother but he's not your leader. Shay, think about it, you answer to Scott. I mean, you have the potential to be an alpha yourself but with Scott leading you, the two of you are extremely powerful. Derek knows that. I can't decide if he's jealous or just incredibly worried, or maybe both. But all Derek ever does is hold you back. You can take care of yourself" Peter said.

I shook my head. "What are you trying to say?"

"You don't have to fall out with him because I know how much he loves you. You're his sister after all. But are you really part of his pack? Or are you part of Scott's?" He parked the car outside the warehouse.

"I can't believe you're saying this" I said, reaching for the handle of the car.

"Just wait" Peter grabbed my wrist.

"Don't touch me" I snapped.

He sighed and removed his hand.

"Shay, you're gonna go in there and it's gonna be a cute little reunion and then all he's going to do is have a massive go at you. All I'm saying is that you need to tell him how you feel"

"And why should I listen to you?"

Peter smirked. "Why wouldn't you listen to me?" I stared at him blankly. "Actually, don't answer that"

"Look I don't know if you're genuinely trying to help of if you're being a scheming little shit like always. But Derek and I are fine"

I hopped out of the car and headed inside.

"Derek?" I called out. "Derek?"

"Where have you been?" He asked.

I sighed in relief, running over to my brother and wrapping my arms around him.

"I thought you were dead" I said, still holding him tightly.

"It's okay" he said, rubbing my back calmingly.

I pulled away with a smile on my face. "When Ethan said that-"

"Ethan?"

"Yeah. Um, it's a long story" I said, throwing my bag down on the floor.

"Why were you with Ethan?" Derek frowned.

"Allison, Lydia and I went on a little road trip. Well, Allison wanted to follow the school bus to make sure Scott was okay. Turns out he wasn't and he nearly died. He's okay now though. Uh anyway, we kinda got stranded in this creepy motel and all the werewolves started going crazy and we all tried to kill ourselves. So after successfully saving Isaac, Scott, Ethan and Boyd, we went and slept on the bus for the night. And when coach came in the morning, Lydia noticed wolfsbane in his whistle. We figured that was what made us go crazy. And if that wasn't enough of a discovery, Ethan told us that you were alive" I explained quickly.

"Why did you save him?"

"Derek, he was trying to saw himself in half" I pointed out.

"He's the enemy"

"He told me you were alive" I argued.

"That doesn't change anything. You shouldn't have gone with Allison and Lydia"

"What should I have done then? Stayed at home and cried because I thought you were dead?" I scoffed. "I needed to get out of Beacon Hills, okay. I needed a distraction. Do you know how much it hurt thinking I'd lost you?"

Derek opened his mouth to speak but then closed it again.

"I thought I was gonna have to put up with my bitch of a sister and my psychotic uncle for the rest of my life!" I exclaimed.

"Cora is not a bitch" he snapped.

"She only came back when she heard you were creating a pack! She didn't want to be an omega anymore. Me? I came back when I heard that you were alive. She didn't want anything to do with you!" I shouted.

"Is that what this is? You're jealous of her?"

"I am not jealous of her! I'm just fed up with the way you treat me Derek"

"I'm your brother" he reminded.

"But you can't lead me!" I yelled.

"What are you talking about?" He growled.

"I need to be around someone who is grateful for my abilities. I'm clever, I'm quick and I'm strong. I am capable of so much, Derek, but you constantly hold me back. And I'm tired of it, okay. I love you but this needs to stop"

"What? So you're just gonna leave"

"No. Of course not. You're an alpha, I'm part of your pack. But Scott comes up with some stupid plans that always tend to work. Scott treats me like I should be treated. So you can't get mad if I go along with his plan's instead of yours" I said.

"Scott isn't an alpha" Derek reminded.

"He should be" I snapped.

"She's right Derek" My uncle Peter spoke up.

Derek shook his head. "I see what this is"

"What?" I asked.

"Him" he pointed at Peter. "He's manipulating you into saying these things"

My uncle held his hands up in defence. "I haven't done anything apart from tell her to stand up for herself"

Derek scoffed and turned around. "I don't believe this"

"Derek you're not understanding me. I want to be in your pack but what I don't want is to be treated like some weak child. And yeah, Scott is one of my best friends and he comes up with a lot of reckless plans. And I'm obviously going to go along with them because I don't want anything to happen to him. But that does not mean I want you to stop being my alpha. I just want you to give me more responsibility because I can take care of myself"

Derek didn't say anything for a moment but then he looked up at me. "I'm sorry I made you feel like that"

I smiled. "It's okay. We good?"

Derek nodded with a small smile on his face.

"Oh, and just one question. Why does it smell like my English teacher in here?"

Derek's eyes widened.

Peter sighed in disgust. "Please tell me you didn't"

My brother said nothing.

"Oh my god that's disgusting. Please like drown yourself in holy water or something jesus christ"

I turned away from my brother in disgust and started up the stairs.

"Oh, Shay!" Derek called out to me.

"Yes?"

"Don't listen to him again" he indicated to Peter.

I laughed. "Don't worry, I won't"

"I am here you know" My uncle said, glaring at the two of us.

Derek and I rolled our eyes simultaneously. "We know"

Peter sighed. "And we were getting along so well Shay"

I smirked. "Not my fault you're an asshole"

~

Derek sighed as Isaac and Boyd walked through the door and I descended the stairs.

"Go back to school"

"Well, actually, we can't" Isaac said. "Boyd, Shay and I are incredibly and unbelievably sick"

"With what, brain damage?" My brother rolled his eyes.

"Well, Isaac has a migraine, and, uh, Boyd here has explosive diarrhoea" I said awkwardly.

"And what about you dear sister"

"Me? Well uh, I'm suffering from a rare type of disease"

Derek let out a long sigh.

Boyd rolled his eyes. "We're here to protect you" He said.

"You're here to protect me? Well, I'm in trouble then"

"Actually, Boyd here came up with a plan" I said, shooting Boyd a smile.

"Yeah, I thought about the time Gerard had me and Erica locked up, tied up with electrical wires pushing current through us. I was wondering how we could do something like that" He unzipped a bag and pulled out a shit ton of wires. "But on a bigger scale"

"In a pool of electrified water, it can take up to 50 milliamps to kill a normal human, less than the power it takes to turn on a light bulb" I informed.

"That's comforting" my brother commented.

"If we disable the circuit interrupter in the building's electrical room, the current will keep coming, and anyone who steps foot in here, they'll get a pretty shocking surprise" Boyd grinned.

"Especially someone who's barefoot" Isaac added.

"Okay, well I'm gonna head back to school and get Scott and Stiles because neither of them are answering their phone" I said. "You okay setting this up?" I asked the boys.

Boyd and Isaac nodded.

"Okay, see you soon" I kissed Isaac quickly on the lips and then started towards the door. "Oh, and don't do anything stupid" I said.

"Like?" Isaac asked.

"Uh, electrocuting yourself" I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"We'll try" Boyd smiled.

I shook my head with a laugh and headed to my car whilst pulling my phone out and ringing Scott again.

It went to voicemail.

"Hey, Scott this is like the tenth time I've called you. Can you just pick up the phone okay? I'm coming to the school to find you"

I hung up the phone and opened the car door up.

Today is going to be a long day.

~

The fire alarm sounded just as I walked into school.

I groaned. "Stiles I swear to god when I find the two of you-" I cut off when I noticed Cora and Lydia.

"Is there a problem?" I heard Lydia ask.

"Yeah, Derek would like to kindly ask you to stop seeing Aiden, which means that if I catch you with him again, I'm not going to pull the fire alarm. I'm going to pull your tongue out of your head" Cora threatened.

I rolled my eyes. You have got to be kidding me.

"Sweetheart, my last boyfriend was a homicidal lizard, so I think I can handle a werewolf" Lydia sassed.

She went to push past her but Cora reached forwards and grabbed her arm.

"Let go" Lydia snapped. "I said-"

"Let go" I heard a male voice behind me.

"Cora!" I yelled. "She said let go"

My sister reluctantly let go of Lydia's arm as I turned around and saw Stiles.

"I got your message" he said, holding up his phone.

The three of us glared at him.

"Okay then. Well I have an idea, follow me" Stiles headed inside a classroom.

I glanced at Lydia and we both sighed as we followed him.

I watched in confusion as he lay out a ouija board.

"A ouija board?" I asked, eyeing him weirdly.

"Also called a spirit board, and it's worth a shot"

"A shot in the dark" Lydia commented.

"Could you just try it, please, okay? Let's not forget who this is for Scott's boss, the guy who has saved our collective asses on more than one occasion" Stiles reminded.

"Oh, wait, should we all do this?" Cora asked.

"Yeah" I shrugged.

"You guys ready?"

"Yes" Lydia, Cora and I replied in unison.

I placed my hand on the board.

"Where's Dr. Deaton?" Stiles said out loud.

We all turned to look at Lydia.

"What?" She asked.

"Aren't you gonna answer it?" Stiles prompted.

"Oh, I don't know the answer" she said. "I thought we were asking some sort of spirit"

Stiles gave me an 'is she being serious look'

"Well, do you know any spirits?" Cora asked.

Lydia laughed. "Is she for real?"

"Okay let's try something else" I said, taking the ouija board away from Stiles.

"Okay, these are Deaton's keys for the clinic. Close you're eyes, and I'm gonna put 'em in your hand, and then we're just gonna try and see if you can feel out for his location" Stiles explained to Lydia. "It's called psychometry"

"I'm not a psychic" she pointed out.

"You're something!" Stiles yelled. "Okay? Just, Lydia, put out your hand, and-" he placed them into her hand and she let out an "ooh" sound.

"What?" Stiles snapped.

"They're cold" she commented.

I burst out laughing.

"Lydia, concentrate, please? Trying to save lives here, for the love of God"

She huffed and closed her eyes. After a moment of silence and us waiting in anticipation. She frowned and all of us got closer.

"Lydia what is it? What do you see?" I asked.

She opened her eyes again. "Nothing"

The three of us collectively groaned.

"Okay, just lets give her time. Obviously, she's new to this and so are we. Maybe we should leave her be and maybe it will come to her" I said, smiling at Lyds and taking the keys from her hand.

"I just- we need to find him" Stiles said as I gave him back the keys.

"I know. And we will"

"Maybe we should try something else" Cora suggested.

"Like?" I asked.

I could literally see a lightbulb go off in Stiles' head. "Automatic writing" he said, grabbing a pencil from the desk.

Lydia sighed as he handed it to her. "Automatic writing?"

"Lydia please concentrate. I don't want anything bad to happen to Scott. If the alpha's are behind this then they could kill him. Or Derek" Stiles said.

"Shit" I cursed.

"What?"

"I came here to find you and Scott so that you could help us protect Derek. I was supposed to be home ages ago! What if something's happened?" I panicked.

"Look, it's only been like fifteen minutes. I'm sure everything- Lydia, what are you doing? What what the hell is that?" Stiles pointed at her book.

"A tree" she answered innocently.

"A tr- Lydia, you're supposed to be writing words, like in sentences, something like a location, something that would tell us where he is" Stiles said, sounding like he was going to stab someone.

"Well, maybe you should've said that" she said sarcastically, turning back to her drawing.

"Isn't she supposed to be some kind of genius?" My sister asked.

"Genius? Yes. Psychic, no" I answered.

"Honestly, I don't know why you're even bothering with me anyway.
I mean, especially since it's obvious you should be talking to Danny" Lydia shrugged.

"What? Why Danny?" Stiles asked.

"Because" I heard the voice of Scott and turned to the door where he was stood. "Last night, he was a target. But it wasn't a sacrifice"

"But isn't Danny still in the hospital?" Cora asked.

"Yeah. That's where we're going right now" Stiles said, rushing us out of the door.

"I'll meet you there" Scott said.

"Why?" I questioned.

He swivelled his phone around to show us the messages from Allison.

She's found something.

Scott headed off in the other direction and I turned to Stiles again.

"I'll also meet you there" I said.

Stiles grabbed my arm before I left.

"Stay with Derek. We got this"

I smiled. "You sure?"

He nodded and set off with Lyds and Cora as I headed back to the loft.

~

"Isn't the light on that supposed to be on?" Isaac pointed at the machine.

"Yeah" I answered, eyes widening.

"What does it mean if it's not?" He asked.

Derek sighed. "Someone cut the auxiliary power"

"What about the main-" Boyd started but the lights suddenly went off, leaving us in darkness.

I scrambled up, grabbing Isaac's hand.

My brother slowly started to step into the water, wading through it into the middle of the room.

"Derek?" Isaac asked. "What do we do now?"

My brother lifted his head up, his eyes glowing alpha red. "We fight"

Boyd, Isaac and I stepped into the water with Derek just as we heard a pounding on the door.

It opened, revealing Kali.

"Gonna be honest, Derek. When Ennis died, I thought to myself I'd just go for it. Find you and kill you, wherever you stood. Then I remembered how you surround yourself with these teenagers, hiding behind them, and I thought, 'what's a girl got to do to get you alone?'"

Ethan and Aiden walked in holding my English teacher Miss Blake.

"You and me Derek, or they tear her apart. What do you say?" Kali grinned. "You think you can beat me one on one?

"I'm gonna rip your throat out with my teeth" My brother snarled.

Isaac pulled me away as my brother and Kali both jumped up with a growl.

The two of them started slashing at each other and literally tearing each other apart.

Miss Blake screamed out for Derek and Isaac went to run over to help her but I tugged him back.

"No! Wait!" Derek yelled at him.

Isaac's phone buzzed and he looked down at it briefly before sprinting off towards the twins.

"Isaac!" I yelled, immediately running through the water after him.

As soon as my foot landed on the wood, I heard currents buzz.

I spun around, watching as Derek, Kali and Boyd were electrocuted.

"Take him!" Kali ordered the twins.

They grabbed Derek's hand and brought them closer to Boyd's struggling body.

"No" I mumbled, stepping a foot into the water.

"Shay don't!" Isaac yelled, still holding Miss Blake.

I paused and retreated back.

Kali lifted up Boyd's body and dropped him on Derek's claws.

I turned away in shock as Boyd let out a yell of pain.

"I'm giving you till the next full moon, Derek. Make the smart choice. Join the pack. Or next time I'm killing all of you" Kali said as her and the twins walked away from the scene.

"No, no, no" I heard Derek mumble.

I bit my lip and collapsed down to the floor next to Isaac who rested his hand on top of mine.

"It's okay" Boyd said.

"No, no. No, it's not. It's not" My brother choked out.

"It's all okay, Derek" Boyd whispered.

"I'm-l'm sorry"

I felt Isaac's hand grip mine tighter.

"The full moon. That feeling. That was worth it. There's a lunar eclipse. I always wondered what-what that felt like for one of us"

Boyd's body fell from Derek's arm and I watched in shock as my brother's hands started to shake.

Stiles, Lydia and Cora rounded the corner and the three of them paused.

Cora pushed past Stiles and ran over to Boyd's body.

Stiles followed, stopping by my brother.

I heard sobs coming from Cora and I could feel my eyes filling with tears.

They did this.

They killed one of ours.

These aren't games anymore.

This is war.

~

A/N

Dun dunn Dunnnn

Oh poor Boyd I cry every time.

Speaking of crying, does anyone else watch the 100? Omfg the season finale I was actually sobbing okay it was so fab.

Once again, I'm sorry it took a while for me to update but you know school. I've also been revising all week for a german speaking mock exam that I have to do tomorrow ugh pray for me.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.3K 39
| Book One | The Alpha pack come into the town of Beacon Hills and more than one Hale comes back with it. With their packs fighting can Isaac and Y...
160K 3.6K 50
TEEN WOLF UNIVERSE MARKED COMPLETE FOR SAFETY MEASURES!! WILL UPDATE "ℐ 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒽ℴ𝓅ℯ 𝓈𝒽ℯ 𝒹ℴ𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓁ℯ𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝓂ℯ ℋℴ𝓃ℯ𝓎, ℐ 𝒷ℯ𝓁ℴ𝓃ℊ �...
26.3K 1.1K 27
"𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈." Dylan goes from running with one sketchy crowd to another. She c...
463K 11.3K 30
[Book 2 in the Kelsey McCall series] **Just a heads up, I wrote this a long time ago so there may be a lot of spelling mistakes and typos... you have...