Never Apart (Always With Him...

Por mrsnicky_

I'm Carter Lynette, me and my boyfriend Malachai Parker decided to take a break from all of our Mystic Falls... Más

BACK STORY
Always Back Here
Decisions
Untitled
Goodbye
Worrisome
Broken
Party Time
Foul Play
Back Again
Stories
Help
Darkness
Trick or Treat
Luck?
Never
Lost Life
Alive
Home
Greatness
Life
Never
Acceptance
Fear
All of My Life
Another Life

Destroyed

275 9 17
Por mrsnicky_

MALACHAIS POV.

I saw the grey take over her face as the last words she spoke took all of her energy. When she passed she finally looked like peace, which is exactly what I wasnt.

I looked up at Damon who looked broken, he ran off and I ran with him. I compelled the doctors to do an emergency c-section while Damon compelled others to shut down the wing she was in. They all came rushing towards her because I told them to make her top priority and not to let any of them die.

I watched as they cut a line straight across her belly, how they removed one and how she screamed. One was noisy, the older one was, Datrie her name was. Datrie. She moved a lot and they rushed her off into the back if the room to wash her off and wrap her up. They put her inside of a glass crib and rolled it up next to Carter who still laid there peacefully.

Then Azrael came, she was tiny and still. Very little movement, but I heard her heart, which was good. The nurses took Azrael into the back aswell and cleaned her up. They wrapped her and took her into a different room.

"Watch her." I demanded Damon, he nodded and pulled up a chair next to Carter as the doctors cleaned up the mess. I followed the nurses who held Azrael into a nursery with a fee other babies that were hooked up to breathing machines.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"She is three months to early. Everything is wrong with her. Right now she hasn't cried yet, which usually means something really wrong has happened." Just as the nurse said that, Azrael took a deep breath and cried.

"Ok well I stand corrected." She said listening to Azraels lungs.

"Go back with your wife, I will update you later." She instructed. I for once I listened to what she said.

I power walked back to where Carter was. Datrie was whining and Damon seemed confused.

"Why is she crying?" He asked me.

"Probably because shes starving, a month earlier and is supernatural. God knows what powers she has."

"Can I hold her?" He asked looking at Datrie.

"If I can take your chair." I said sitting down in his chair and taking Carters hand. He scoffed with a chuckle and picked up Datrie. She wore a small little hat and was wrapped up in a blanket. When he did he slowly rocked her in his arms, I smiled and he noticed.

"Happy, Parker?" He said with the stupidest and cockyiest smile in the world.

"Surprised, I guess. It's weird to see you caring for a baby that's not yours." I said as I looked back over at Carter.

"Hows the other baby Parker?"

"Not sure. Nurse told me to leave so I did, I didn't want to be in the way." I said keeping my eyes on Carter. Her hand felt hold against my hands.

"You think she'll be ok?" He asked.

"Depends on which 'she' we are talking about." I said still looking at her. I heard a very very very slow heart beat coming from Carter. Once every minute.

"Either of them." He responded still rocking Datrie in his arms.

"Carter... I hope. You can hear her. Slow breaths, slow heart beat. Azrael on the other hand, I still dont know. She was born prematurely and lots of problems come with that. Lung damage, mental illnesses, behavioral problems, hearing loss, she can have internal problems, and the list goes on. If she has all of that it would be easier to just unplug her then let her live with all of that and more."

"How the hell did you learn all of this?"

"The hours I sat next to her reading while trying to keep myself busy without leaving her." I said, then I heard Damon gasp with amazement.

"Parker, look." He said and I looked, Datrie was hold his finger and he had a smile on his face.

"Nice." Was all I had the strength to say. I looked back at Carter and slowly saw the grey lighten up but not go away, she was fighting it. She was trying to come back to us. I heard Damon yelp and I immediately looked over.

"Little shit." He said handing her off to me.

"What she do?"

"Siphoned me!" He exclaimed. I started laughing as I held Datrie with one arm and held my hand over Carters. Datries eyes were slightly puffy and her face was red, I kept my eyes on Datrie. She held my finger and soon enough she siphoned me. I probably felt amazing to her because I had magic that wouldnt die, I could easily siphon from myself to get my magic if she stole all of it.

"How the hell does that not hurt you?" He asked, his arms crossed and he looked at me oddly.

"Because I would have Carter siphon from me, she would unknowingly do it on he sleep aswell. Plus ever since I turned about two years ago with her I'd siphon from myself. You get used to it after a while."

"Then why didnt she get used to it." He asked kindly for once, so I tried to answer as nicely as possible.

"Because two of them were stripping away all of her magic. Vampirism, her werewolf side and her magic. They were more then likely using her magic as a growing mechanism. They probably felt how powerful she is and just kept feeding, not realizing it was killing her."

"How could they not realize they were killing their host?"

"Because shes not fully dead. She never was. The grey was dark and her veins were darker. Now it's all lightened up. You can hear her breathing and a very faint and slow heart beat. It was once a minute but now its sped up to once every ten seconds. She has so much power that when they took too much it just overwhelmed her body, it didn't kill her." I said, trying to be understand as to why he was asking these questions. He didn't know, she didn't know what it was like to be a siphon so she couldn't tell him, and I was just now piecing it together.

"Oh." Was all he said, then the same nurse who took Azrael away walked in.

"What's wrong?" I asked standing up immediately. I laid Datrie back down and Damon sat down where I was. I walked up to her and we walked out of the room.

"Azrael. She has a few problems but nothing we can officially confirm yet."

"Ok well, talk."

"She might have a Neurological disorders and Bronchopulmonary dysplasia."

"What?" I asked crossing my arms and shifting my weight.

"Neurological disorders which are disorders that can affects the brain, the spinal cord and the nerves that go throughout the body. We do not think she has it but she is showing very small signs of it. Bronchopulmonary dysplasia, also know as BPD, is a lung disease that usually occurs in premature babies. It can cause swelling in the lungs and often scarring on the lungs. Overtime the lungs can heal and in most cases do, but babies who can get through it usually have asthma like symptoms or longterm lung damage."

"Ok so the first one, the Neurological thing. Are you sure she has it? What are the long term effects on that." I asked, shifting my weight once again and shook my head.

"Well different kinds of that disorder can cause partial or complete paralysis, muscle weakness, possible loss of sensation, seizures, difficulty reading and writing, slower cognitive abilities, unexplained pain and decreased alertness. Right now we still need to go into more research on that, we wont know anything for sure this young, the Neurological disorders are just a very high possibility. Once again it is very unlikely that she has it, the way she is acting could just be the way she acts. But we are pretty sure she has Bronchopulmonary dysplasia, she is in a breathing machine right now just to help."

I shook my head, I didnt want to believe that she could die. "Treatments. Are there any treatments we can give her for either of them right now?"

"We dont know if she has Neurological disorders yet but some potential treatments we could give her in the far future is CBT, which is a type of cognitive therapy we can do for behavioral issues. It can help with ADHD, anxiety and mood swings. But for the other problems like seizures, CBT is a no go. There are other therapeutic options we can take for those such as some medications but we cant put her on those until shes older. Bronchopulmonary dysplasia treatments are usually just the breathing machines but there is a medication we can out her on called diuretics. It is a type of medice that is used to reduce the fluid buildup that can happen in the lungs."

"How long will she have to be on the machine for?"

"Usually as long as theh needed to stay in there for. Because she was born two months early, she'll probably only have to stay on the machine for two months. Maybe longer, maybe sooner. It all depends on how each child takes the treatment."

"So shes as good as gone?" I asked getting dancy.

"No. Even babies with very serious cases of Bronchopulmonary dysplasia  usually recover and survive, as long as it doesnt get super bad to the point where she is suffocating herself, she should be perfectly fine." The nurse said with a forgiving smile and then walked away. I stood there for a second trying to take in all of this information.

I didnt know if I should be happy that they'd both live for 22 years and then have Azrael die, or if I should be mad that she wont leave us now to save us from more pain in 22 years. I didnt care if I wouldnt be the leader in 22 years, I could teach Datrie how to be the leader. Considering Azraels medical issues, there was no way she could win. Especially being 2 months younger and 2 months less developed.

I walked back into the room and Damkn immediately got up. He didnt say a word. He heard what was said and I knew he did. He pulled up another chair on the other side of Carter. He laid his arms on the chair rest and leaned back, sighing while closing his eyes. I laid my left hand on hers and my other hand was occupied by Datrie, she was holding my finger and was siphoning my magic, then I quickly fell asleep.

About an hour later I woke up to a gasp and sudden movement.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

476K 10K 33
I've been in my sister's shadow for my whole entire life. I wouldn't have been if I hadn't been born with the looks I have. I have flaming red hair t...
37.3K 843 36
Kai Parker, the young new leader of the Gemini Coven, he joined the Mystic Falls gang and met every one of them, but he hasn't met her yet, Evalynn A...
987 68 22
I'm back here in my home town of Mystic Falls. After the accident I left and never looked back. Well I'm here Now to take care of my little sister El...
122K 3.1K 32
CHAOS ━ ❝Whatever their souls are made of, his and hers are the same.❞ Based on The Vampire Diaries Series (Season 5-6) Completed ✓ A "Light 'Em Up S...