Reawakening Mishaps

By shookookies

[yandere! reverse harem x reader] Thrown into the world of the novel that she'd read not too long ago after b... More

c h a r a c t e r s
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w en t y s e v e n
27
28
Announcement
29
30

t h i r t e e n

7.1K 471 258
By shookookies

Death is inevitable. It is a premise of something that one will soon face, whether they like it or not. It may hit you when you least expected it, and you won't be able to do anything to evade your ceasing from existence. You can only accept it, and ascend towards the heavens, or descend towards hell if you have committed one of the seven deadly sins.

You are just so unfortunate that you'll get to experience it twice.
.
.

Wednesday ㅡ 1:47 P.M

.

.

'Shit. I already knew that this was going to happen, but why the hell am I so jittery?' You thought as you nibbled the tips of your nails, your e/c orbs were on your History teacher but you couldn't exactly fixate on her since things were looking not so good for you.

'If only I made preparations... I wouldn't get this antsy!' But as much as you contemplated about it, regret could only do so much. 

"Nasty. Do you know how much bacteria can enter your mouth by just doing that?" Hideaki muttered. Would you look at that, an actual germaphobic and not just someone who faked it, a.k.a you. Now that you weighed up about it, it looked as though Yukio failed to bring to his mind about the rushed excuse you'd given him last time. Neat.

You could see from your peripheral view that he was fiddling with his fingers, with his hands adorning a white glove. He he had the air of being extremely petulant as he kept on deploring, "I already told this teacher to make me sit alone, but to make matters worse, she 'had' to place me next to someone who doesn't even have a good hygiene."

"Look, it's not like I've chosen to sit with you either so just suck it up you crabby man baby. I'm tense enough as it is." Biting your nails was your coping mechanism even back in the days, so of course, you wouldn't let this boy have the chance to take it away from you even if he talked your ears off. You'd let him have his fun.

He clicked his tongue before saying in a hushed tone, "I don't even get why my br- sister likes you." 

Even if you were someone who's afraid of their own shadow at the very moment, you still took a note of his little slip up. This was it. Just divert your attention to other things and you would be able to forget the edginess that turned you into a bundle of nerves.

Enki also implied this a week ago, how Ruri wasn't the person you thought she was. This happened too many times in all those movies you've watched in the cinema for you to not have a speculation as to what his cryptic lines meant. 

Ruri was a crossdresser. Better yet, she had a 'pp'.

The real question was why? Did he simply liked dressing up as a female or did he have any underlying reasons for doing so? Okay, okay, this was a great start. You were now starting to dismiss from your mind aboutㅡ Wait, why were you so restless again?

"If you don't mind me asking, what made you feel so on the edge of your seat?"

"Forgot about it." 

Was it plot convenience or was the instructor just too focused on her lesson to not notice you two talking to each other in a louder volume than before? 

"Hmp. That's what an idiot will say." Although an insult he intended it to be, him saying the truth didn't hurt you too much. "Figured as much," you heedlessly replied. There was no point in being too denial about it when what he was saying was the accurate reality.

.

.

Wednesday ㅡ 2:35 P.M

.

.

"Hey! Have ya read the newest edition of that murder n-" Thank you for nothing, Kane. You had almost drew a veil on it completely, and if Kane didn't say anything that had any correlation with your preceding worry, you would've thought no more of it.

"That face again, I thought you've already gotten over that phase," Kane seemed veritably concerned for you, and if hadn't she called attention to it, you wouldn't have noticed that you were sporting that grieving look on your face.

"Thought so as well," you ran your hands through your hair, with you two lounging on the rooftop since the schedules of you both were vacant for the time being. Even though the book was firmly held by you, you kept reading the same sentence over and over again since you couldn't place your entire attentiveness on the current book you were reading.

"Maybe try drinking tea once you get home? I heard that some of its types can induce relaxation and I think that's what you need the most." You would gladly indulge in that drink, if only you could last 'til the end of the day.

"Thank you, Kane." Your head was now leaning on her shoulder. You wanted to just sleep things out, but you were stressed that if you did, you no longer would wake up. After all, death could come in various forms, and if you weren't going to get killed by some random dude, there were other things that could cause your doom. Lightning could struck you when you were copping some z's, or someone could put poisonous things inside your mouth while you rested in the arms of Morpheus, and Kane wouldn't be able to do much since she could get knocked out by the perpetrator to make sure that there were no witness during that act.

Anything was possible.

"Wanna get some lollipops in the canteen and pretend it's cigarette?"

"Hell yeah."

.

.

Wednesday ㅡ 5:46 P.M

.

.

"One last time, I will be a News Writer, Enki will be our Feature Writer, Jiryu will be our Sports Writer and lastly, our dear Y/n is our Columnist. There are still some new applicants that want to join our club, so I'll sort the position of those that I deem worthy. Okay, that adjourns today's meeting." It was almost evening and nothing significant had happened to you. Was that a good sign or a bad one? You couldn't just slack off, for the moment you put your guard down, you'd be more vulnerable and you'd be easier to get attacked.

"What's the matter with you? You look like you're at your wit's end," Jiryu blurted out before standing up, slinging his book bag on his shoulder. "I'm doing fine, this is my normal self." You replied with uncertainty.

"Y/n... I also observed that during Literature, you looked so out of it. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" Enki lamented, fretful with what's happening to you. Both of your hands were clasped by his and you now had only noticed that your hand was so cold underneath his warm ones you might as well be dead.

It wouldn't take too long for that to happen to you.

"You were seated so far away to me during Maths that I couldn't watch over you," Yukio said in a cooing tone as he chopped Enki's away from you like it was nothing. "You didn't have to do that. Enki was just being nice because my hands are too coldㅡ"

"If that's the case, I can offer you mine instead. His are too small anyway and is useless for covering things," he directly made fun of Enki's hands and you wouldn't let that boy do anything to that cinnamon bun.

Damn, overprotective much?

"As a matter of fact, I love the feel of Enki's. Plus, anyone's would be better than yours," you imparted him a dirty look before grabbing the aforementioned boy's hands and grasping it within yours.

"Whaaat? What does he have that I don't?" Yukio complained as he stared icily at the ginger-haired boy whose face was too red for his liking. The audacity.

How did the subject of hands convert into a talk about why you liked the other one better? There was no harm in replying so you spilled the beans and stated a list of reasons why. "First, he's likable. He's not obnoxious. He's great at cooking. He's adorable. He isn't a spoiled brat. And he wouldn't vie for the attention of someone just because he took an interest in them. Alsoㅡ"

"Alright, alright. Stop. I get it." He was the one who got the ball rolling so why was he the one acting like he was so done with your shit? "Nice. Let's go now, 'Ki." Jiryu left minutes ago because he figured that what was happening before him was a waste of time.

Yukio was left behind, gripping tightly on one of the seats that it caused a dent. He now was all alone in that room so he could just utter anything he wanted without the expense of his good reputation, "That  damned brat... I hate that kid." 

.

.

Wednesday ㅡ 6:00 P.M

.

.

You thought that you would be able to leave the school unscathed, but guess what?

You left the book Kane that loved so much on the rooftop.

She would flip if you told this to her, and during the course of the friendship you've formed with her, you wouldn't want her to be enraged at you because of your own carelessness. But seriously, of all times that you could lose sight of something, it had to be now. You couldn't just leave that book sitting on that bench unattended because there wouldn't be a possibility of you finding it there tomorrow nor the likeliness of it being submitted to the lost and found.

Yet if you d i d go to that place all alone and defenseless, it could cost you your life.

Apprehensiveness what? If you die, you die.

"Sorry Enki, dropped something on the rooftop so I'm going to get it," you let go of his hand that you forgot you were holding in the first place before turning to finally take off, until you saw his pleading eyes, "I could go with you if you'd like"."

It was arguably brainless of you to turn down his offer, but you wouldn't want anything to happen to him in case a murderer was out for blood, particularly yours . "It's alright, I'm fine on my own. Get home safe!" You waved at him, and this'd probably be the last time you'd be able to do that, before you finally hustled towards the entrance of the school.

It was so dark, comparatively to a place that had a shooting of a horror movie contemporarily ongoing. The day wasn't even that deep into the night yet but the whole hallways were barren of light.

There was still time for you to turn back, yet when you felt eyes watching your every move, you figured it was far too late. Sayonara, world.

Even when you were on the flights of the stairs, the eyes on you were unyielding, yet you kept on moving. It was so silent, aside from the ticking of the grandfather clocks that failed to comfort you and instead brought more fear to you.

Now finally on the rooftop, the book was lying soundly on the bench, and you didn't know if this was the time for you to sigh in relief or turn around when you heard the sound of someone's step. 

You crouched to take ahold of the book, before turning around swiftly to catch the stranger by surprise. And they did, based on how their shoulders were raised. They were wearing a cloak that had its hood pulled up so you couldn't see even a glimpse of their face. The darkness was also a factor as to why that was the current situation for you.

You swallowed all of the fear inside you. Even if you died, the story would continue. You were just a side character anyway, irrelevant to the whole plot. So with you leaving this world, there wouldn't be any change at all.

"Hey, here to kill me? Go ahead and do it, you wimp."

This was probably going to make things harder for you, but how many people could say that they proudly provoked a serial killer just because why not?

You didn't expect the laugh to escape their lips, the weapon they were just holding was now pocketed. "Haha! Interesting. However, I wouldn't like to kill someone who is so accepting at the idea of death. I want them to beg, to plead for me to spare their lives, and break their expectations when I plunge this knife into their vital points."

Huh? What?

They were so stealthy that they were gone once you blinked your eyes.

Di•sa•ppoin•ted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 385 18
๐“‚ƒ ๐€๐“ ๐…๐ˆ๐‘๐’๐“ ๐๐ˆ๐“๐„; A story in which a woman named (Y/N) (L/N), a world-renowned detective, investigates a mysterious, gothic-esque hotel a...
38.9K 715 18
A new school year in high school awaits you! You're excited! New friend's! New classes! New Teachers and other stuff! But you think about the boy tha...
92.9K 4.9K 25
[สแด€ษดแด…แด‡ส€แด‡! แด แด€ส€ษชแดแดœ๊œฑ! ษดแดษด-สœแดœแดแด€ษด! แด. แด‡๊œฑแด„แดส€แด›๊œฑ x ๊œฐ. ส€แด‡แด€แด…แด‡ส€] Welcome to ROMANCE, dear customer. At ROMANCE, we offer a curated selection of male escorts who...
502K 30.7K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...