The Girl Who Could Never Leav...

By SilverOokami16

Ariella is a time lord/lady. She has known the Doctor since they were little on Gallifrey, now they are the o... More

The Girl Who Could Never Leave (Doctor Who fanfic.)
Midnight and a truth part one.
Midnight and A Truth Part two.
Rose and a half Renunion
Living Plastic and A Fake Waiter
Police and A New Name
Ice Cream and a Captain
Dying Dalek and a Regeneration
Donna and Pompeii
Assius and a Soothsayer
Woman In Red and a Stone Arm
Pyrovile and an Impossible Choice
Darenire and an Explaination
Sarah Jane and Krillitane
Reinette and a Magic Door
Approaching the End
Chapter 17: Future Windows and a Letter
Demons and Snobby Earls ~True Final for Part One~

Susan And A Drunken Night

2.8K 108 73
By SilverOokami16

Over 7,000 reads. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!! Here is a new chapter. My writing has suprisingly improved since the last one so..... yeah. Here you go!!

Mickey was trying to be clever whilst searching the spaceship. A camera with an eyeball in the middle stuck in the wall blinked at him.

"Are you looking at me?" He questioned seriously. Rose soon caught up as the camera extended from the wall for a closer look.

"Look at this. That's an eye in there. That's a real eye." Mickey stated, shocked.

"Well duh." I replied as the camera retreated back to its starting place.

Reaching forward I gently opened a small hatch and could barely hear the 'thump-thump thump-thump' from inside. Gazing down at the wires and pipes all connected to a beating object I grinned. "I have to admit, that is clever."

Mickey tried pushing me out of the way to see so i stepped aside, even though he was still clueless. "What is that? What's that in the middle there? Looks like it's wired in."

"It's a heart, Mickey. It's a human heart." I answered.

Moving on with an excited smile we turned down another corridor.

"Maybe it wasn't a real heart." Mickey exclaimed, searching for a reasonable explanation.

"Course it was a real heart."

Mickey hesitated. "Is this like normal for you? Is this an average day?"

"Traveling and searching for the Doctor, Mickey? No more average days."

We stopped by a large window, looking into a fancily decorated room.

"It's France again. We can see France." Mickey pointed out.

Rose added, "I think we're looking through a mirror."

King Louis enters the room beyond, with two men.

"Aww! Louis! my old buddy!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Blimey, look at this guy. Who does he think he is?" Mickey questioned, quite unimpressed.

"The King of France." The Doctor called out behind me.

walking up innocently I hissed in his ear, "We need to talk later."

"Oh, here's trouble. What you been up to?" Rose asked as he looked down at me nervously.

'Oh, this and that. Became the imaginary friend of a future French aristocrat, picked a fight with a clockwork man."

A white horse neighed from behind him.

"Oh, and I met a horse."

"What's a horse doing on a spaceship?"

"I don't care! horsey!" I yelled like a child, running up and stroking his neck.

"Mickey, what's pre-Revolutionary France doing on a spaceship? Get a little perspective. See these? They're all over the place. On every deck. Gateways to history. But not just any old history."

Reinette entered the room and greeted the king.

"Hers. Time windows deliberately arranged along the life of one particular woman. A spaceship from the fifty first century stalking a woman from the eighteenth. Why?" the same thoughts ran through my head (along with wondering if I had anything the horse could eat back on my TARDIS) but I let the Doctor have his glory moment.

"Who is she?" Rose questioned. This time I spoke up.

"Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson, known to her friends as Reinette. One of the most accomplished women who ever lived."

Rise continued, "So has she got plans of being the Queen, then?"

"No, he's already got a Queen. She's got plans of being his mistress." the Doctor answered.

Rose nodded knowingly. "Oh, I get it. Camilla."

"I think this is the night they met. The night of the Yew Tree ball. In no time at flat, she'll get herself established as his official mistress, with her own rooms at the palace. Even her own title. Madame de Pompadour." The doctor rambled.

Reinette checked over her appearance as the king as his servants left in the mirror/window.

"The Queen must have loved her." Rose fomented sarcastically.

"Oh, she did. They get on very well." The Doctor smiled through the window.

Mickey scoffed, "The King's wife and the King's girlfriend?"

I nodded and rolled my eyes. "France. It's like a different planet."

Looking back to the mirror i saw Reinette turn to see a woman with her back to her in the corner.

Reinette was outraged. "How long have you been standing there? Show yourself!"

By turning around it revealed itself as the clockwork android. The Doctor grabed a fire extinguisher from Mickey and rotated the mirror as I jumoed into action.

"Hello, Reinette. Hasn't time flown?" The Doctor asked sarcastically as we both sprayed the android with the fire extinguisher.

"Fireplace man and woman!" Reinette shouted in a relieved tone.

The Doctor threw his extinguisher back to Mickey while I simply dropped mine. The machine creaked and I grinned like a maniac.

"What's it doing?" Mickey questioned.

The Doctir answered for me, "Switching back on. Melting the ice."

"And then what?" Mickey continued.

"Then it kills everyone in the room. Focuses the mind, doesn't it?" i asked cheerily before returning to my serious state and glared at the android. "Who are you? Identify yourself. Order it to answer me." I said the last part while turning to Reinette.

"Why should it listen to me?"

"I don't know. It did when you were a child. Let's see if you've still got it." Without questioning how I knew about that night she cleared her throat.

"Answer her question. Answer any and all questions put to you."

"I am repair droid seven." It answered in a monotonous voice.

"What happened to the ship, then? There was a lot of damage." The Doctor pointed out.

"Ion storm. Eighty two percent systems failure."

"That ship hasn't moved in over a year. What's taken you so long?" I asked.

"We did not have the parts."

Mickey smirked, "Always comes down to that, doesn't it? The parts." I guffawed at the fact that he actually just said that while listening to the doctor speak.

"What's happened to the crew? Where are they?"

"We did not have the parts."

"There should have been over fifty people on your ship. Where did they go?"

"Doct-" I began, cut off by the Droid while iI was trying to explain what he meant.

"We did not have the parts."

"Doctor the-" cut off again. sometimes that man can be a complete idiot.

"Fifty people don't just disappear. Where. Oh. You didn't have the parts, so you used the crew."

"Took you long enough."

Mickey frowned, "The crew?"

Rose was excited when she could finally contribute to the conversation. "We found a camera with an eye in it, and there was a heart wired in to machinery."

I smiled over at her and received the same as I continued to speak.

"It was just doing what it was programmed to. Repairing the ship any way it can, with whatever it could find. No one told it the crew weren't on the menu. What did you say the flight deck smelt of?"

Rose lowered her eyebrows in confusion

"Someone cooking."

"Flesh plus heat. Barbeque. But what are you doing here? You've opened up time windows. That takes colossal energy. Why come here? You could have gone to your repair yard. Instead you come to eighteenth century France? Why?" I questioned, seeing the doctor fidget uncomfortably. it is like he needs to talk to survive.

"One more part is required."

"Then why haven't you taken it?" There, now he lives.

"She is incomplete."

"What, so, that's the plan, then. Just keep opening up more and more time windows, scanning her brain, checking to see if she's done yet." The Doctor asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"Why her? You've got all of history to choose from. Why specifically her?" Rose asked.

"We are the same."

"We are not the same. We are in no sense the same." Reinette argued, anger building in her. haha.... kind of forgot she was here....

"We are the same."

"Get out of here. Get out of here this instant!" Reinette yelled, motioning to pretty much everywhere with her arms.

"Reinette, no." I whisper shouted.

It was too late, the droid teleported away.

It's back on the ship. Rose, take Mickey and Arthur. Get after it. Follow it. Don't approach it, just watch what it does. Ariellla, with me.

Rose paused. "Arthur?"

The Doctor grinned, "good name for a horse."

Rose shook her head. "No, you're not keeping the horse."

"I let you keep Mickey." he argued.

"fine ill take the horse." i screamed with victory inside. "Now go! Go! Go! And I there is one scratch on Susan I will kill you all!" the mirror door closed and The Doctor raised an eyebrow.

"Susan?"

"Its what he told me. he just wants others to respect his life choices." I explained.

The Doctor rolled his eyes and turned to Reinette.

"Reinette, you're going to have to trust me. I need to find out what they're looking for. There's only one way I can do that. It won't hurt a bit."

The Doctor placed a hand on each side of Reinettes head and began a mind meld. Because of the side effects I could also feel the slightest bit if her mind brushing mine.

"Fireplace man, you are inside my mind."

"Oh dear, Reinette. You've had some cowboys in here." The Doctor told her, earning a scoff from me.

"You are in my memories. You walk among them."

"If there's anything you don't want me to see, just imagine a door and close it. I won't look. Oh, actually there's a door just there. You might want to cl. Oh, actually, several."

"To walk among the memories of another living soul. Do you ever get used to this?"

"I don't make a habit of it."

"How can you resist?"

"What age are you?"

"So impertinent a question so early in the conversation. How promising."

"No, not my question, theirs. You're twenty three and for some reason, that means you're not old enough. Sorry, you might find old memories reawakening. Side effect."

"Oh, such a lonely childhood."

"It'll pass. Stay with me." Staying silent through this I wandered around the room, accidently breaking the arm off of a statue and awkwardly walking away.

"Oh, Doctor. So lonely. So very, very alone." J winced at her words.

"What do you mean, alone? You've never been alone in your life. When did you start calling me Doctor?"

"Such a lonely little boy. Lonely then and lonelier now. How can you bear it?"

He broke the link.

"How did you do that?" He asked.

"A door, once opened, can be stepped through in either direction. Oh, Doctor. My lonely Doctor. Dance with me." sending him a warning glance I narrowed me eyes saying, 'we still need to talk.'

"I can't."

"Dance with me." she insisted.

"This is the night you dance with the King."

"Then first, I shall make him jealous."

'Then first, I will rip your face off.' I thought bitterly.

"I can't."

"Doctor. Doctor who? It's more than just a secret, isn't it?"

"What did you see?"

"That there comes a time, Time Lord, when every lonely little boy must learn how to dance."

"Damn." I muttered as I sauntered after Reinette who was dragging the Doctor down corridors. "Are we going to a party? I could use a drink."

"No drinking." the Doctor called to me as we turned a corner. "You know how you get when you are drunk." I smirked. of course I know.

I am so getting drunk tonight.

•°•°•°•°•

Most things were a blur as I followed the Doctor down a hallway. "I told you not tto drink Ariella." holding my free hand up in a sort of shrug I slurred the word, 'oops.'

Roses voice soon reached me. Meanwhile the Doctor was putting his tie around his head. "Whatcha doin'" I slurred.

"Faking drunk so I can take out the Droid." he responded.

He sent me the mother of all strange looks as I slurred something along the lines of 'you're sexy when your not drunk.'

"Well, you might want to think about that. You really, really, might, because me and Mickey, we didn't come here alone. Oh no. And trust me, you wouldn't want to mess with our designated driver." Rose said, obviously frightened. "Ever heard of the Daleks? Remember them? They had a name for our friend. They had myths about him, and a name. They called him the-"

The Doctor began singing loudly and motioning for me to join him. being the drunk dumbass that I am, I did.

"I could've danced all night, I could've danced all night." We sang loudly as we stumbled into a room where Mickey and Rose were strapped to slanted tables and a Droid was leaning over Rose with a blade.

"They called him the. They called him the, the-"

We actually entered the room with the Doctor fighting me off of the goblet of wine he had.

"And still have begged for more. I could've spread my wings and done a thou. Have you met the French? My god, they know how to party."

"Oh, look at what the cat dragged in. The Oncoming Storm and whatever the hell she is called."

"Oh, you sound just like your mother." I complained.

"What've you been doing? Where've you been?" Rose glared as she questioned us.

"Well, among other things, I think just invented the banana daiquiri a few centuries early. Do you know, they've never even seen a banana before. Always take a banana to a party, Rose. Bananas are good. Oh ho, ho, ho, ho, brilliant. It's you. You're my favourite, you are. You are the best! Do you know why? Because you're so thick. You're Mister Thick Thick Thickity Thick Face from Thicktown, Thickania. And so's your dad. Do you know what they were scanning Reinette's brain for? Her milometer. They want to know how old she is. Know why? Because this ship is thirty seven years old, and they think that when Reinette is thirty seven, when she's complete, then her brain will be compatible. So, that's what you're missing, isn't it, hmm? Command circuit. Your computer. Your ship needs a brain. And for some reason, God knows what, only the brain of Madame de Pompadour will do."

"The brain is compatible." I sat in the corner and slowly fell to a laying down position.

"Anyone have any alcohol?" I called out loudly.

"Compatible? If you believe that, you probably believe this is a glass of wine."

The Doctor removed the android's mask and poured the contents of the goblet into its head. The clockwork smoked a bit and stopped moving.

"Multigrain anti-oil. If it moves, it doesn't."

The Doctor found the android off switch on the console and promptly pressed it.

"Right, you two, that's enough lying about. Time we got the rest of the ship turned off."

"You aren't really drunk?" Rose questioned.

"No...." He motioned towards where I was making dust angels in the corner. "But she is." Mickey spoke up after The Doctor had freed them.

"Are those things safe?"

"Yeah. Safe. Safe and thick, way I like them." I yelled.

"Okay. All the time windows are controlled from here. I need to close them all down. Zeus plugs. Where are my Zeus plugs? I had them a minute ago. I was using them as castanets." The doctor questioned.

"Why didn't they just open a time window to when she was thirty seven?" Rose asked.

"They go poof." I 'explained' making an explosion sound.

Ignoring me the Doctor continued working. "With the amount of damage to these circuits, they did well to hit the right century. Trial and error after that. The windows aren't closing. Why won't they close?"

"So no poof?" I quietly asked, recieving no response as I made a smaller explosion noise.

A bell rang, causing me to jump and fall backwards from lack of balance.

Rose looked around in an alarmed fasion. "What's that?"

"I don't know. Incoming message?" I joked. "Oh! or them going 'poof'!

"From who?" Mickey asked, stepping closer to the doctor as the realization hit him.

"Report from the field. One of them must still be out there with Reinette. That's why I can't close the windows. There's an override."

The first android chose then to reactivate and expel the anti-oil out through its finger onto the floor.

"Well, that was a bit clever." I replied with a hint of sarcasm. The off switch moved itself to on again with the androids assistance.

"Right. Many things about this are not good. Message from one of your little friends? Anything interesting?"

I was sure that if the android had a face it would be smirking. "She is complete. It begins."

All the androids teleported out. "What's happening?" Rose questioned with both a panicked and calm look on her face. if that's even possible.

I replied with a nonchalant shrug as the Doctor spoke again. "One of them must have found the right time window. Now it's time to send in the troops. And this time they're bringing back her head."

A/N:: HERE IT IS!! Chapter 16! I never thought I would have any story get this far so I really just want to tthank all of you readers! I would appreciate comments and votes as they are what motivate me to actually write and publish. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

620K 27.5K 125
Lyssa Devons was trying to run away. But a freak lightning storm sent her to another destination entirely - the TARDIS. Now she's being tossed around...
155K 5.2K 24
"I'm The Reader, I'm the last Time Lady from the planet of Gallifrey, I have travelled for over 1000 years, And I'm the words on the page you're to s...
38.7K 1.2K 53
"𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢," 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍, 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚗. "𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎," 𝙷𝚎 𝚖𝚞...
378 17 13
Saniya can't wait to finally attend Comicon and meet her idol. However her trip is cut short when she runs into the tenth Doctor. He qucikly sweeps...