Disbelief

By QuietlyExists

Soulmates, we're always told we have one but I haven't been so sure I do. I mean I did get my tattoo and it h... More

Yes, Another One...
Chapter 1: The Start of Everything
Chapter 2: First Day Jitters
Chapter 3: Oikawa and Iwaizumi
Chapter 4: The Journey Begins
Chapter 5: Oikawa's Injury
A/N
Chapter 6: The Match
Chapter 7: Oikawa's Late Arrival
Chapter 8: Interhigh
Chapter 9: Rivals Compete Again
Chapter 10: Studio Ghibli Losses
Chapter 11: Tokyo Training
Chapter 12: Confrontation and Farewell
Chapter 13: Back Home
Chapter 15: Their Last Chance
Chapter 16: Unplanned Chaos
Chapter 17: Christmas Joy Pt. 1: December Antics
Chapter 18: Christmas Joy Pt 2: The Plan
Chapter 19: Christmas Joy Pt 3: Thy Festival
Chapter 20: Christmas Joy Pt 4: Awkward Tension
Chapter 21: Christmas Joy Pt 5: Christmas Day
Chapter 22: New Year, 'Old' Foe
Chapter 23: Tension and Rival Appears
Chapter 24: A Breakdown
Chapter 25: Irritating a Barbie
Chapter 26: Getting Rid of the Barbie
Chapter 27: Making a Home
Chapter 28: Birthday Blues
Chapter 29: Graduation
Chapter 30: Six Years Later
......Book Two I guess?

Chapter 14: Spring Interhigh

11 1 0
By QuietlyExists

Words: 1922

August:

July flew by in the blink of an eye and then suddenly we're nearing Spring Interhigh Qualifying rounds. Out of pure habit, I made multiple extra strategies, even if the harder rounds aren't until October. In the back of my head, I knew these first two would most likely be a piece of cake, but it's better to be safe than sorry am I right?

Of course I also already told Yaku and Narita happy birthday. Yaku's birthday is August 8th and Narita's is the 17th.

I skip to school, beating the boys like I always do when I'm excited. My mom went on another trip until September and then she'll be leaving again on October 12th. I decide to wait for the first time.

I stop, take my sketchbook and pencil out and start drawing. I decide to draw a girl playing volleyball. The same girl setting in one frame, receiving in another, and spiking in the last. As I finish the rough draft which is basically just the body outlines, the volleyball, and the outline of the background objects. Suddenly I hear my name get called so I close my sketchbook and put it back in my bag.

"(N/n)-Chan you waited for us today!" Oikawa says cheerfully as the two boys walk up next to me. "Mhm." I say, not hearing him very well because of the loud music in my headphones but already assuming what he said. "I felt like it today." I say shrugging as I turn down my music and take one of the headphones off of my ear.

"You're excited about the matches today I'm assuming?" Iwaizumi asks and I nod excitedly. "Well duh! I never got to finish watching the last time!" I say exasperated. Iwaizumi laughs at my excitement. "Well, you'll have to wait until October because we're only doing two matches this month." I pout, "I know Iwaizumi-Kun, I'm not bothered about that." I say as we walk to school. "So what were you drawing?" Oikawa asks as he pokes my backpack. "Just some volleyball related things." I mumble as I open up a phone on my game.

"Woah! You're a high level in that game!" Oikawa says, his head peeking into my peripheral vision. "Mmm, it's my fifteenth playthrough." I mumble and he looks at me in disbelief. "That game's only been out for three days!" Oikawa whines and I shrug. "Eh, it's too easy." He starts whining about me being a hacker and I start laughing when Iwaizumi whacks him on the head. "(N/N)-CHAN HOW COULD YOU LAUGH AT MY PAIN!" Oikawa whines as he holds onto his head.

After the Matches:

We end up winning both like I anticipated meaning we qualify for the qualifiers. "Yay!" I shout as we start walking home. "Yay?" Iwaizumi questions. "We won! I get to celebrate with a bunch of junk food!" I say excitedly. "Cool!" Oikawa says and I give him a bright smile. "I KNOW RIGHT!? And my mom isn't home until September so I even get to do whatever I want!" I say as we near the place where we part ways.

"Ooh! I have an idea!" Oikawa says and Iwaizumi and I narrow our eyes at him suspiciously. "I don't trust you." We both say in unison and Oikawa whines. "OH COME ON!" I sigh and gesture for him to continue while Iwaizumi grunts in disapproval. "How about we finish the Studio Ghibli-" I stop him with a squeal. "YES YES YES!" I shout and look at Iwaizumi with pleading eyes. "PLEASE IWAIZUMI-KUN?! It would make this day perfect!" I beg him and he sighs. "Fine." He mumbles and I hug him. "THANK YOU!" I say excitedly and run home in excitement.

"Uh-" Iwaizumi gets interrupted by Oikawa. "WAIT FOR US!" I stop and turn around, sticking my tongue out at him, and then continue running. Oikawa decides to try to catch up to me so he leaves Iwaizumi behind.

"Man they're perfect for each other." Iwaizumi mumbles with a chuckle and then continues walking to my house.

That day ended up being one of the best days this year so far. Oikawa and I had a marshmallow fight, we watched the four movies I didn't show the boys, we played video games, it was so fun.

September than October, The Preliminaries:

All of sudden it was September and I was celebrating Yachi's birthday, September 4th with Karasuno, and leaving to go home and get sleep. And then it was Bokuto's birthday, September 20th so I went to Tokyo for his party. Seven days later it was Tsukishima's birthday so I slid back into the group of Karasuno students and celebrated it with them.

Suddenly another month flew by, sadly there were still fifteen days left so I went to Nishinoya's birthday party, October 10th. Six days later I went to Kenma's, time felt like it was going quicker than normal.

Suddenly it was the 25th and we were on a bus heading to the place for our next matches. I twiddle my fingers, anxiety suddenly bubbling in my stomach. 'I got enough sleep last night I should be fine, I-' I interrupt my thoughts by trying to clear my head. 'Calm down, everything will be okay.' I repeat over and over. 'Why do I have a bad feeling about these matches then..?' That thought makes me open my eyes out of surprise.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kunimi asks, noticing my weird face. "Hmm? Oh, yeah just distracted." I mumble as my thoughts start to get worse and worse until I hear something repeat in my head.

"Every time you get nervous, anxious, sad or any other uncomfortable emotion imagine me repeating this in your head. NEGATIVITY BEGONE!" Koshi says as he lightly karate chops my head. "Pft- Negativity Begone?" I ask and burst out laughing. "Thanks, Koshi. that was really helpful!" I say, giving him a bright smile. "EXACTLY!" He exclaims with a bright smile. I smile at the memory and repeat the words in my head, 'Negativity begone!' I realize I'll get to see Koshi and smile even wider.

"Oh looks like she's back to normal." Oikawa says with a smile. "I guess you were right, she got better on her own." Iwaizumi mumbles to Oikawa who nods. "What do you think she thought of to make her feel better?" Iwaizumi asks, turning to Oikawa who smiles. "Her cousin." Iwaizumi looks at him with confusion. "I didn't expect you to have an answer and be so sure of it." Oikawa shrugs, "I can just tell by the smile on her face that it was her cousin."

Iwaizumi turns back to (Y/n) but is still looking at Oikawa out of the corner of his eye. 'He doesn't realize that he likes her without even knowing he's her soulmate.' Iwaizumi sighs in irritation at the thought. "Why so irritated Iwa-Chan?" Oikawa asks, turning to Iwaizumi. "You two are just so irritating." Iwaizumi grumbles as Oikawa tilts his head. "Whatcha mean?" Iwaizumi grumbles something too quiet for Oikawa to hear and then the bus stops.

I jump up excitedly and grab my bag as we exit the bus. 'Koshi and I get to hang out!' Is all I can think about as we enter the building. We learn we don't have any matches yet so we go watch Karasuno. I smile brightly and tell them I'll meet them up there. I head down to where they'd be stretching and spot Koshi instantly.

"KOSHI!" I shout and jump onto his back like always. "Oof- (Y/n)? Hey! How are you?" Koshi says with a laugh and I give him a bright smile and jump off him as quickly as I jumped on. "Good! Oh and, thank you!" I say with a bright smile. "For what?" Koshi asks and I chuckle. "Negativity really does go away when you do that doesn't it?" I say in a silly tone and he laughs. "Was something bothering you today?" I nod, "Yeah but I don't know what-" I get interrupted by Nishinoya and Tanaka.

"(Y/N)-CHAN!" They shout and try to tackle me but I dodge them. "Hey Noya-Kun, Naka-Kun!" I say as they regain themselves. "How've you two been?" I ask and they give me big smiles. "Good!" They say in unison and I smile at them. "You better be!" I say and go greet everyone else on the team and finally head up to the rest of my team.

We got to watch them beat Johzenji and Wakutami Minami and finally came the time we were anticipating, Aoba Johsai versus Karasuno yet again.

A/N: Yes, Tanaka is now called Naka-Kun...

The Dreading Makes Sense Now:

That feeling comes back again, making me nervous and uncomfortable. 'NO NEGATIVITY WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS THING!' I think as I watch the match start.

To my dread, they win the first one, and I get queasier and queasier as I realize, 'This is the last chance the third years get, the last chance in high school they'll ever get to go to Nationals.' Suddenly my queasiness dissipates and I can take a deep breath. "We can do this." I mutter under my breath as we win the second set.

I talk to Oikawa about the strategies we've been using before the third set, then suddenly I feel light-headed. "Hey, (N/n)-Chan are you okay? You don't look too well." Oikawa mumbles and I put my hand to my head, laughing to myself. "Hah....I don't know if I'll ever get this chance again." I mumble quietly hoping Oikawa didn't hear it, but by the way, his face contorted into confusion I assume he did.

"What do you mean (N/n)-Chan?" He asks and I shake my head. "Nothing, don't worry about it, just win this." I mumble and he gives me a bright smile. "You know it!" He says brightly and I give him a lopsided smile.

'Why doesn't my body ever want me to see the games.' I think as I sit back down next to the coaches. "You okay (L/n)-San? you look like you're sick." Irihata comments and I shrug. "I'll be fine." I mumble as the third set starts. Throughout the set, I just get more and more nervous and more and more lightheaded. Of course thanks to my stubbornness I don't get up and go to the nurse's office. 'This is why I should properly take care of myself.' I think as I sigh.

I watch the match play out. As Karasuno has one point left to get until they win the match, I'm on the edge of my seat. 'No..' I think as I see Hinata hit the ball, Oikawa and I are the only ones who notice where it goes, but Oikawa doesn't realize that thanks to the blockers it was set off course a little bit. A lump appears in my throat and I cover my mouth.

'Oikawa....' Is all I can think as the ball hits the ground. Karasuno wins and I start tearing up. 'Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Matsukawa, Hanamaki...' I swallow the lump in my throat as the lightheadedness gets even worse.

"I-I don't think I should've waited this long to go to the nurse's office." I mumble to Irihata who understands immediately. "What are you waiting for then?" He says and pushes me towards the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 4.9K 13
Soulmates. The most talked about topic in the world. You can use a special pen to write on your arm. Whatever you write will appear on them. The ink...
170K 5.9K 12
Anything you wrote or drew on your skin appeared on the skin of your soulmate. That was something everyone was told as a kid. So what did Sugawara de...
465 35 15
In this society, everyone has a soulmate. And the way to find yours is just look. Along with a soulmate, everyone has a small tattoo on their cheek...
15.8K 825 15
"The small stars, hearts, and the occasional dicks that would cover Iwaizumi's stomach and chest made his day. Although he would never admit it he lo...