Chapter 15: Their Last Chance

Words: 3900

At Home:

I was never able to see anybody after I left, the nurse sent me home immediately, I was overworking myself again and having a panic attack. She called Koshi's parents and they took me home.

"Are you sure you don't need anybody sweetie? We could pick Koshi up and-" I interrupt my aunt, "No, I'm fine, I can take care of myself, don't worry auntie okay?" I say and hug her.

"Okay, sweetie I love you." "I love you too now go! You have to praise Koshi for winning when he gets home!" My aunt's eyes widen, "GOSH! You're right!" She gives me a kiss on the forehead and leaves. I close and lock the door then head up to my room.

As soon as I get into my room I close the door and fall onto the bed and just start sobbing. My mind starts going through a bunch of bad thoughts after that. It gets harder and harder to breath as time goes on and a strong urge to cut appears in my mind, clearing my thoughts.

I get out of my bed and head to the first-floor bathroom where I keep my razor blade. I hold it against my wrist and make a singular slice on my right wrist.

Saturday Night:

I haven't been going to school because I got slightly sick and I've been cutting so I decided not to go to school. Every night is the same, I start sobbing until I have the strong urge to cut, which I always give into but I only cut once.

Today however I have the urge to cut more. I cut once, after the razor slices my skin I remove it and get ready to cut again but, I hear a loud knock at my door.

I freeze, 'I don't look presentable in any manner.' I think as I put on a big hoodie and head to the door. I open it to see Oikawa, who appears to have been crying. "Oika-" He interrupts me, "Hey, can I..come in?" I give him a sad smile and let him in.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I open the door wide enough for him to enter. "Why are you asking me that...you look like a mess too." Oikawa says with a laugh. I close the door and shrug. "Meh, I'm always a mess though." I counter and he laughs. "Sure you are." He says sarcastically, sitting on the couch.

I come over and sit next to him and flip on the tv to (Halloween Movie). "So?" I ask, turning to him. "So?" He asks, ignoring the obvious question. "What's bothering you and why'd you come to me of all people?" I ask and he looks at me confused. "Why wouldn't I?" He asks, tilting his head. "We've only known each other since April dude." I mumble and stretch, causing my sleeve to slip slightly.

I quickly look to see my wrist hasn't been uncovered yet and I put my arm back down quickly. He takes notice of the strange action but doesn't ask about it. "Yeah well, I feel like we've known each other for years." Oikawa mumbles and I look at him with curiosity and nervousness. "Oh.." I mumble and get up to grab ice cream.

"Want some ice cream?" I ask as I walk to the kitchen. "Sure." He mumbles and I smile as I hear him get up off the couch. "So what's up with you? You left right after the match ended and all..." Oikawa mumbles as I finish topping my ice cream and let him top his. I keep my eyes on the ice cream. "I guess I overworked myself again." I mumble and laugh.

"Of course." Oikawa mumbles and we head to the couch again. "Well, why'd you get sent home after going to the nurse then?" Oikawa mumbles and I shuffle uncomfortably. "Oh...I guess I was on the verge of a panic attack." I say and shuffle ice cream into my mouth. "What? Why?!" He asks look at me with concern.

"You know how I was acting weird the first day we started the matches..." I mumble with ice cream in my mouth and he nods. I swallow the ice cream and sigh, "Well I had this bad feeling in my chest that kept making me think bad but when I thought about Koshi it got better for a time." I mumble and he makes a sound telling me to go on.