Expecto Patronum || Cedric Di...

By sapphireangel_06

Popularity is not for the faintest of hearts. While surrounded by people y/n Freeman cannot help but feel alo... More

milestones:
~ o n e ~
~ t h r e e ~
~ f o u r ~
~ f i v e ~
~ s e v e n ~
~ e i g h t ~
~ t e n ~
~ e l e v e n ~
~ t w e l v e ~
~ t h i r t e e n ~
~ f o u r t e e n ~
~ f i f t e e n ~
~ s i x t e e n ~
~ s e v e n t e e n ~
~ e i g h t e e n ~
~ n i n e t e e n ~

~ t w o ~

3K 61 83
By sapphireangel_06

I look at y/n as she walks out of the common room. I wish I had said goodbye or at least smiled at her. I wonder if I said something that ticked her off.

I look at my homework and the small corrections she made. I could vaguely tell; only because I had studied her handwriting since I first started developing feelings for my h/c haired best friend.

That was all the way back in third year during holiday break. I remember that day clearly. How we had sat in the snow for hours just talking and letting the light snow fall around us like rose petals. She had grabbed a handful of snow and had blown it in my face. I had felt her soft breath on me and that instantly made me happy, even though I did a good job of hiding it.

I would do anything to have it go back to that day. Just me and y/n. No boys nagging for her attention and no girls wanting to have girls-only sleepovers which ended up her being a 5th wheel.

Lost in my thoughts, I realize I am almost late for potions. I grab my homework and my books and leave the common room in a hurry.
When I reach Snape's classroom, I see y/n sitting by Leona with an empty chair beside her. I contemplate sitting down next to her but before I can, a Ravenclaw boy slides into the chair I want to sit in and immediately begins flirting with y/n by playing with her soft h/c hair.

Sick, I was about to strut over there and save her but then my friend calls out "Cedric! Over here!" Reluctantly, I went to sit with my friends.

I examine the boy while pulling out my book. He has raven colored hair which falls near one of his dark brown eyes. When he moves his head, his hair shifts a little and falls right back into place.

I think about myself. I wonder if wavy taffy colored hair and gray eyes was y/n's type over straight dark colored hair and dark brown eyes.

Glancing at her, I feel like I'm about to throw up when I see her giggling at something the Ravenclaw boy just said.

"Turn to page 349," Snape says in his deep voice. "Mr. Rutherford, go back to your seat."
I watch as the Ravenclaw boy lets go of her hair to return back to his seat. I immediately feel happy when y/n pulls at her hair to put it back into place. Then she looks at Leona and pretends to throw up. Leona laughs and tries to hide it by putting a hand over her mouth.

"Yesterday you took notes on the wit-sharpening potion. Today, you are going to attempt to make it while carefully following the instructions in the book," Snape instructed. "You have one hour. Begin."

I read the instructions in the book. The first step is to get Ginger Root. There are three shelves with the ingredient. I see y/n heading over to one and quickly run over there to get one off the shelf for her.

"Thanks," she says, smiling awkwardly.
"Anything for you- I mean- anytime- I mean- you're welcome- or no problem," I stutter. Then I realize I'm being awkward and run back to my cauldron.

She gives me a confused look but brushes it off.

After class is over, I run out faster than the speed of light.

"CEDRIC!" y/n calls. But I'm long gone.
I run upstairs and lock myself in the prefect's bathroom to hide from her, completely forgetting that y/n's a prefect too.

She barges into the bathrooms and dumps her books on the floor.

"Cedric!" she says, running up to me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, y/n. Forget it," I say.

"Yeah, it is nothing. You just gave me some Ginger Root in class, why are you acting all weird about it? I appreciated it!"

"Good," I say, turning around. "I gotta go study." I leave her in the bathroom, dumbfounded.

I run up to my dorm, ignoring the calls from my friends when I reach the common room. I find my journal.

Dear y/n,
You're incredibly smart. Just not always emotionally. I thought I made it obvious that I like you by now. We've been friends since first year. Am I supposed to just like you as a friend forever? No not happening. Not when your e/c eyes are always shining brighter than the moon and stars. Not when your h/c hair is always flowing over your shoulders like calming waterfalls. Not as long as you just keep being yourself. Because I like you for who you are. And nothing is going to change that. Just please catch my signs...
Love always,
Your Ced

I read over my letter. It's short. It would be a quick read. But I already know that I don't have the guts to do that. I already knew that when I started writing that letter, it was never meant to be sent to her. It was meant to be kept in the small box I hid under my bed.

My roommates never checked under beds, making it the best place to hide the small tin box with a picture of us on it. I knew I wanted to write her letters she would never receive. I just didn't know how. Until now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 6.4K 47
~ Year four ~ Warning: This is the fourth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read...
83.5K 1.6K 25
Ariana Bloom is starting her last year at Hogwarts. She is friends with Laurie and Alice, who just happen to be a couple, and Ariana is the third whe...
268 0 32
This book is year 3 on. From Meeting Cedric Diggory who becomes my character, Evelyn's best friend to how her emotions towards Draco Malfoy changes...
249K 6.6K 56
"Are you playing hard to get?" "Oh please, you think I'd play anything for you? I'm just simply hard to get" "Just admit it, you're in love with me...