Ashes

By Nickey0398

•~BOOK THREE•~ Sequel to Bastard Child and Phoenix Mackinzy McCall and her friends thought life couldn't get... More

Ashes
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Voting for Book Four

Chapter Twenty Eight

567 11 1
By Nickey0398

Chapter Twenty Eight

Mac's POV

When we arrived at the club, Scott and Kira had to go around back. The bouncer knew Isaac and me enough to let us in the front door, but the other two had to sneak in.

"Do you see anyone with weird supernatural features?" I asked Isaac. He shook his head and I didn't see anyone that matched that description either. "What about Brett? He might know who he is."

"No. I don't see him either." Isaac said. He froze and turned his head toward the back of the club.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. I looked toward the way he was looking at and my eyes caught Scott who was looking toward the same way. Isaac didn't answer me and the two of them ran toward the backroom. I followed and when we got past a chain curtain, I saw a guy pinning Liam to a table. I'm guessing that was Lucas.

"You're a little late!" Liam yelled out looking toward us. Scott immediately jumped into action, swinging on a nearby pole-like structure, and kicking Lucas off of Liam. Scott went to kick him again when Lucas caught his leg and swung him onto the floor. Isaac then tried his luck. Lucas kicked him to the wall with a strong kick. Liam climbed off the table and was kicked back into some chairs. I ran forward and threw a punch, which he blocked with his arm. He grabbed me and tossed me through the air. I landed on my back with a hard thud.

"Mac," Mason said as I coughed from the impact. I looked over to see him kneeling next to Brett who was bleeding from his side. Mason held his hand to the wound.

"Oh my god," I whispered, quickly making my way toward the two boys. Lucas must've cut Brett earlier. Brett grunted in pain from the venom.

"What the hell is that thing?" He asked, looking toward where Kira and Lucas were fighting.

"Don't worry about that. You need to worry about healing." I told him, gripping his hand. We watched as Liam slammed him to the ground, knocking him unconscious. Scott stood up to make his way toward the unconscious boy but before he could, Kira's eyes turned a yellow color. This aura surrounded her body and she yelled something in Japanese before swinging her sword around trying to plunge it into Lucas.

"Kira!" Scott yelled, grabbing her arm before she could. I watched with bated breath as she turned her glare toward Scott. Her fox-like aura faded and she took a gasping step back. We looked at her in shock. "Is everyone okay?" Scott asked.

"For the most part," I said as everyone else nodded.

"We need to get him out of here. Liam, give me a hand." Scott said. Liam went over to grab his feet. They started to lift him before a whistling sound went through the air and a small metal pole was shot into Lucas's chest. It was quickly pulled out. We looked to where the pole was returning to saw three men in masks standing on a structure above us. Scott yelled up to them, "Why did you do that?" 

"His condition was terminal." One of the men said. 

"What does that mean?" Scott said as they started walking away. He repeated himself, "What does that mean?" 

"Failure." The man stopped and turned to look had responded. The light bulbs burst and the room darkened. We looked at each other in shock. When we looked back to the beam they were on, the men had disappeared. I looked at Lucas who was now on the floor dead, his claws and stringers still showing, just like Tracy's claws were when she died.

"What the hell just happened?" Isaac asked.

~

"Are they ready to go yet?" I asked Isaac with a groan. We were sitting outside Scott's house, waiting for him and Kira to come down. The four of us plus Lydia and Stiles were going to Eichen house. Last night Malia had found a book about the masked men. They were called the dread doctors. We couldn't find any information about the author, but the acknowledgment page was dedicated to a Dr. Gabriel Valack. Dr. Valek was one of the esteemed supernatural creatures locked up in Eichen.

"They're coming," Isaac said.

"Finally, let's get this over with," I said.

"What's got your panties in a bunch?" Lydia asked me.

"She hates psychiatric facilities," Isaac explained, patting my head.

"You would too if you were forced in one," I grumbled.

"Yeah, they aren't fun, especially this one," Stiles mumbled.

By the time we arrived, the sun had already set. Lydia, Kira, and I were standing at the gate, pressing the buzzer trying to gain entrance. The boys were leaning against Stiles' jeep. After a few minutes of pressing the button, the gate opened.

"I have a bad feeling about this," I muttered to myself. We slowly walked in, looking back when the gate slammed shut. I hated this. When we got inside, we went up to the patient registration desk.

"Please empty your pockets into the container." The man said.

"We're here to see-" Scott started, but the man cut him off.

"Please empty your pockets into the container." So we did just that. I placed my phone and keys into the little plastic container. He looked at Kira. "Please remove your belt and place it into the container."

"I kind of need the belt. I mean, it's crucial to the outfit." Kira said. 

"Please remove your belt, which patients will attempt to take from you and use to strangle either themselves or others." The man said. Well, he's pulling no punches.

"Right. Got it." Kira said reluctantly removing her belt and placing it in the container. There was an awkward silence between us and the worker. I glared at him as he stared at Lydia like she was something he wanted to eat. She looked away from him uncomfortably. A gate closed pulling my attention to one of the doctors who entered the room. He motioned for us to follow him. We followed him to a staircase.

"I'll remind you that I'm only doing this as a favor to Deaton. And I'm doing it against my better judgment." He said as we followed him down the stairs.

"Hey, what's the etiquette for talking to this guy? I mean, do you ever look at the other eye?" Stiles asked. 

"I wouldn't. In fact, while you're down here, try not to make eye contact with anyone or anything." He said, looking back at us with a serious look. When finally got to the bottom of the stairs, he walked to a locked door. I tried to follow but was stopped. I noticed that Scott, Kira, and Isaac were stopped too.

"You didn't think you were all going, did you?" The doctor asked. 

"It's mountain ash, isn't it?" Scott asked. 

"Everywhere, but heavily concentrated down here." He said and opened the door for Lydia and Stiles. "Valack's cell is the last one at the end of the hall."

"We'll be right here," Scott assured them. Lydia and Stiles walked through the door.

"What's going on in there?" I asked my friends with advanced hearing. Scott turned his head toward the way they went.

"I can't hear anything." He said, stepping back toward us.

"Me either," Isaac said. I leaned against the wall with a sigh.

"Must be the mountain ash." Scott surmised. 

"I feel it too," Kira admitted.

"To be honest, I feel a little weak," I said.

"Yeah, it's like being sedated," Scott said, flexing his hand.

"I hate this feeling." I sighed.

"Me too. I feel very human right now." Isaac said, staring at a nearby light fixture. I was right there with him. 

"This was a bad idea, wasn't it?" Kira asked. I slid to the floor. Isaac plopped down next to me.

"You know,  after my Dad, I promised myself never to be weak again," Isaac said. I leaned my head against my shoulder. He placed his head on top of mine.

"I did the same. After Allison. I promised to always protect my friends. Now I can't do anything if something happens in there." I said.

"They'll be okay without us. And those two... They're pretty good together." Scott said.

"Yeah, they are," Kira replied.

"No super strength or samurai swords, but they stay alive," Scott said, looking toward the doorway.

"He still likes her, doesn't he?" Kira asked.

"Yeah," Scott said with a sigh. "Yeah, but it's different now."

"I mean, you should've seen the way he used to be around her," Isaac said, causing me to chuckle.

"Was it bad?" Kira asked him.

"He was kind of obsessive," I said, thinking back to how crazy Stiles used to be with Lydia.

"But not all bad." Scott defended. "You know, Lydia used to pretend not to be smart."

"Our Lydia?" Kira asked.

"Yeah, Stiles was the only one who knew," Scott said. 

"How?" Kira asked.

"He paid attention. He listened to her. He remembered." Scott said with a slight smile on his face. The light flickered and Isaac and I jumped up. "Did you see that?"

"No, but I am seeing this," Kira said. We turned to look at her. Electricity flowing heavily on her hands. Isaac took a step back.

"I'm not fond of the idea of being electrocuted again," Isaac said. I watched in fear as the electricity started going around her whole body.

"Kira, whatever you're doing, please stop," Scott said, pulling me back.

"I'm not doing anything. It's just happening." Kira said, her voice full of fear. The electricity started shooting to the walls. The lights kept flickering until the bulbs popped. Kira collapsed on the floor. Scott went up to her and when he tried to touch her, a bolt of electricity struck him. It sent him flying into Isaac and me. We hit the door gate behind us. I groaned in pain.

"You alright?" The doctor asked coming back into the room.

"Something's happening. And I think she's causing it." Scott said. Electricity surrounded Kira. It was like a protective field around her. The doctor helped us off the floor. We looked at Kira.

"We need to get her out of here right now." He said.

"Yeah, well, how do we move her if I can't even touch her?" Scott asked. There was a thudding sound behind us. I turned around to see the dread doctors on the other side of the gated door.

"I think you better run." He said. 

"We can't leave her," I said, staring at the doctors. 

"I can," The doctor said and took off out a nearby door. The gated door was pushed open by one of the dread doctors. They started making their way toward us. Scott turned and picked Kira up. He yelled out as the electricity burned his skin. I opened the door which led to the staircase.

"Let's go!" I yelled. Scott and Isaac ran through the door.

"Mac, Isaac go! Get out! I got Kira." Scott yelled. I didn't wanna leave them behind, but Isaac pulled me with him. When we got to the entrance, we ran outside. I stared at the doorway, waiting anxiously for Scott. What if the dread doctors decided to follow them? What if Scott can't take the pain and collapses. I went to move back inside but Isacc wrapped an arm around my waist stopping me.

"Mac, no." He said. I tried to pull away, but he was too strong.

"I can help him!" I yelled, still trying to get out of his grip.

"Mac, calm down," Isaac replied.

"We don't even know if Kira's electricity will burn me. Let me go." I said.

"We don't need to find out," Isaac stated. "I hear him. He's almost out." Soon after he said those words, Scott kicked open the door, running out with Kira. He collapsed on the ground, his skin seared. I let out a breath of relief. Now we just needed Stiles and Lydia to be okay

---------------------------
Let me know what you think?

2051 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Happy Pride Month my fellow gaybies!! 🏳️‍🌈

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 898 20
Jane just wants to follow in her father's footsteps. Her first art show is at the same location as a Supernatural convention. Completely clueless, Ja...
1M 22.9K 32
-WINNER OF BEST KLAUS MIKAELSON FAN-FIC (THE ORIGINALS) & BEST FAN-FIC (THE ORIGINALS) IN THE TVD FAN-FICTION AWARDS 2016 -WINNER OF BEST COMPLETED F...
382K 16.3K 59
in which it was first all a bet to him or in which she learns vulnerability
25.4K 1K 40
BOOK 2 Emma McCall has survived her first summer in Beacon Hills. Two months of babysitting ticking-time-bomb Lydia Martin and worrying over the stat...