TORMENT

By orphicbooks

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ TORMENT | mattheo riddle ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ clover diggory joins hogwarts and falls in love with the wrong boy... More

TORMENT
first day.
detention.
humiliation.
nightmare.
memory.
kiss.
fake love & tears.
dear diary.
kindness.
ball dates.
the ball.
restricted places & thoughts.
sex education.
failed plan.
christmas holidays.
malfoy manor.
bob replies.
the offers.
bad choices.
marquez brothers.
i love you.
honesty.
caught.
betrayal.
masquerade.
truth or dare.

his beauty.

14.8K 326 1.6K
By orphicbooks

CLOVER DIGGORY !

"We can't be late, Clover! This was your idea, remember!"

I brought my hands to my temples, rubbing them as I looked around the room still in my knackered state. I stretched my arms up and a yawn escaped my parted lips.

Before trying to even move, I dropped back on my pillow, nesting my head in a comfortable position. I looked over at Cathy who was wearing mom jeans and a dark green sweater. She stared at me before picking up a pillow which was just by her.

"What are you talking about?" I moaned, completely oblivious to everything she was saying. I hesitated for a moment then pulled the covers on my body once again.

"I'm not going without you. Merlin!" She shouted. I closed my eyes and felt calmer once again.

"Clover!" Just as I was falling asleep, Cathy wacked me with a pillow. I didn't move an inch but my eyes shot open at the abrupt feeling.

"Stop it." I yawned, covering my head with the cover. I peeked through and saw Timothy entering the bedroom. He looked very handsome, I must say. He had a loose white shirt and brown trousers, his hair was a mess as always and he had a gorgeous emerald ring on his right hand.

"You shouldn't be in here!" Cathy shouted, Timmy started walking away until, "Timothy! Actually, help me get Clover out of bed."

"Really?" Timothy grumbled walking over to me. He pulled the blanket off my face as I layed there, caught by his brown eyes which looked unamused. He dropped the duvet on the ground so I was left there, lying with just my pyjamas in completely plain sight.

"Fine, I'll come." I stretched my arms and trudged past the two of them, they looked frustrated.

I picked up a nice outfit from the side and began to undress. Timmy was still in there and I realised that he was right behind me. I pulled my pyjama shirt back down, glad that I wasn't facing him.

"Privacy?" I questioned, glaring at him as a blush covered his adorable face.

"Sorry." He mumbled as he left the room, closing the door behind him. Cathy sat on the chair by the desk and started put some makeup on. I put on a mint bikini, followed by a dress I had found.

"That's not a good idea." I said. She turned to face me and placed the makeup back down on the side, "We might be going to the lake, remember?"

"It's too cold for that!"

"Hermione said they're going to use a spell on the water to heat it up. We would probably get hypothermia if we went in with this weather."

"Since when have you spoken to Hermione Granger?!"

I scoffed and sat down on the spare seat next to her, now fully dressed.

"I overheard her speaking to Harry, all our year has been invited and it's all been going around." I muttered. The door creaked open and a head looked through. His eyes were closed and he whispered, "You decent?"

"Yes we are." Cathy said. Timothy opened his eyes and smiled awkwardly as he came over to our seats. Standing behind us, I could see him just behind me in the mirror. A smile etched on my face as he helped me off the seat, holding my hand in his.

"You look beautiful, Clove." He remarked with a smirk, his eyes looking over my outfit. I had put a lovely green short dress with little snake patterns over my bikini, "It's a bit cold though, isn't it. For a dress a...short dress." His eyes moved to my thigh area then looked up once again, a bit of embarrassment painted on his face.

"I'll put a coat on and thank you." I squeezed his hand tighter and he wrapped his arm around me. I noticed that Cathy was watching us, she seemed a bit jealous.

"You look stunning too, Cathy. As always." Timmy said, noticing her blank expression, "Blaise is waiting for us, he's in the common room."

Before leaving the room I put on a long coat. Me and Timmy went infront of Catherine. We began to walk down to the common room and all the students in our year had gone.

"We're going to be late!" Blaise shouted, seeing us come down the stairs. Timothy kept his arm around my waist, keeping me close to him as I felt myself become engulfed by his scent. Parchment, cinnamon and vanilla. I tripped over a step, still feeling a bit drowsy and Timothy helped me back up, snaking his arm around my waist once again.

"Sorry, Blaise." I muttered walking over to him. He also looked extremely handsome, in his black Jeans and black jacket. We all looked the complete opposites to eachother, I found it funny to be honest.

"We're going to be the sexiest group there!" Timmy admitted, "Everyone's going to be drooling over us." I slapped him playfully on the arm and Blaise let out a chuckle.

"Timothy!" I teased, as a huge smile came onto his face.

"We aren't going to be very 'sexy' if we're late." Cathy huffed, pulling Blaise along side her as we followed behind.

The walk to the lake was lovely. Me and Timmy just spoke about lessons, stuff like that. I like Timmy a lot, he's just so fun. He's like a second brother to me, same with Blaise. They're both so protective and I love taking to them.

As we went through the door we saw a huge group of students hanging around down the hill. Some were swimming in the water, others were drinking to the side. I couldn't see anyone I knew until I looked over to the right side. The right side was barren except for three students. Draco, Mattheo and Pansy.

For the past few weeks they hadn't talked to me at all. They usually looked straight through me, as if I was a ghost. Mattheo would make some kind of annoying comment at times but when I saw him he'd always, I mean always be writing in that notebook of his. I've recently been suspecting that it's a diary. What's in the diary? Is the game over? Did I win? So many questions, but no answers.

"Cloveeee? Helloo?!" Timothy shouted, waving his hand infront of my face. I snapped out of trance and looked at him once again.

"Sorry- I was just...thinking."

"That's okay. Anything you need to talk to me about?"

"Well- The elites, don't you think it's a bit weird that they're just in their own little corner with no one else."

Timmy nodded at my words and said, "You know what they're like, keeping away from the outside world or whatever shit. I've been presuming that they're high all the time, they're fucking crazy. One is a physco, the other is a dick and the final one is just..a rat? Is that an expression?!"

"Okay, Timmy. I understand, they are fucking crazy. I just find it weird that they've stopped with the game. Like they've been ignoring me for the past weeks. But I won't talk about that now, let's go."

Timothy nodded and helped me down some stairs, then some disheveled muddy grass which was hard to get through. "You may have won." He whispered as we got closer to the others, "They have never done this, you beat stage three I think." I smiled then trampled through the mud, my coat got stained at the bottom as it was so long.

We finally got to where the other students were and I didn't know where to look. There were about 100 or so students gathered in this small area by the lake.

I looked over at the water and it was glorious. Steam erupted out of it and the transparency was heaven like. Timothy also looked very excited as his eyes wandered over the lake and the students.

Some students turned their heads to look at us, then looked away rolling their eyes as they realised it was us.

"Talk about a sexy entrance." Timmy rolled his eyes, pulling me into the crowd. Blaise and Cathy followed then parted from us, going in another direction. Cathy went straight to talk to Ron Weasley, she still had a crush on him. I thought they were siblings at first because of their hair, but they aren't. Well obviously not that would be incest.

"I'm not really the drinking type but I'll have some if you do." Timmy muttered, walking me over to an area where students were handing out drinks.

I had never drank alcohol either, well, I can't remember drinking alcohol...obviously. I mean since the whole obliviating thing I haven't done anything I knew I would regret. But seeing all the students around me who were so care-free and having so much made me want to take a swig.

"Sure, I'll have some." I said. Timmy nodded then picked up two cups and filled them with a pink liquid.

"What's that?" I wondered as he passed me the cup.

"No idea." He mumbled and began to drink it. I brought the cup to my lips, the bubbles fizzing and hitting my nose. I could taste the flavour on the rim of the cup and licked a bit of it before drinking a bit of it. Then more. Then the whole cup.

"Wow, Clove.You're going to loopy in a few minutes! I heard Weasley saying that this drink was brewed to make you feel really light headed. Should've warned you."

"Oh well." I mumbled, turning around slightly.

Most students were swimming around in the water. The steam erupting from the surface enthralled me. "fancy a swim?" Timmy asked, as he saw that I was staring at the water.

"Hmm. Oh yeah." I said, already feeling the lightheadedness that Timothy was warning me about.

"Are you okay?" He asked, examining me sweetly.

"Yeah, just- feeling loopy." I said in a sing songy voice, a smile on my lips. Timothy smiled too but his smile suddenly faded as he looked past my shoulder.

"What is it?" I asked. I could sense a dark presence behind me and that scent, that horribly familiar scent.

I turned around slowly and knew who I was going to face. Just from the sinister smirk inches away from me I could tell he just wanted trouble. He was wearing a similar black outfit to what Draco usually wears. His tie loose and his hair styled neatly, a single dark strand falling over his forehead.

"Riddle." I slurred, tripping a little bit as I stepped towards him, "Missed me, darling?"

"Got her drunk already, Morton?" Mattheo growled, standing next to me.

"Fuck off." I snarled, pushing him away by his shoulder.

"Gladly." He nodded, walking back to his group of physco friends.

"He always does this. Makes some snarky comment then leaves." I said, taking off my coat and dropping it to the ground.

At that moment, all the frigid air began to hit my delicate skin. Why did I have to choose a dress on a day like this?

I saw Mattheo eyeing me from the distance, staring at my dress, not even trying to hide that he was looking at me. I brushed my hair behind my back, running my fingers through my long locks. His eyes moving to my hair now, I smirked a bit then turned away from him and back to face Timmy.

He had most his shirt buttons unbuttoned and ruffled his hand through his brown hair.

"Mattheo the nonce, another title to add to my list." He remarked sarcastically, "You seem to be getting a lot of attention, would you like to go somewhere bit less...crowded."

I moved to face the other students. Some boys in the water were checking me out and a few who were around us.

"Mind your own fucking business." I partially slurred, pointing my finger at them, this elicited a stupid sly look from some of the students,"Yeah let's go Timmy."

He grasped my hand and walked with me, past the elites. Draco and Pansy were stumbling and tripping like idiots, whereas Mattheo stood there making fun of the two of them. When he saw us walk past he grimaced then his curved jaw clenched as he saw Timothy was so close to me. Why is he always so jealous?

I looked away from them and back forwards, we were nearing a large tree. A beautiful dark oak tree, with pink and blue creatures dancing around on the dark branches. We were quite far away from everyone else and as we went behind it we were completely hidden.

"This is better, right?" He said, "Everyone at this school is a perv, sorry, Clove."

"It's just great!" I said sarcastically, sitting on one of the branches.

"Once we get in the water," he began, taking off his shirt, "We can swim back over there, the lake looks colder over here."

I nodded feeling a bit awkward undressing infront of him.

"I'll close my eyes if you want." He joked, dropping his shirt to the side. Well I thought it was a joke until he actually closed them.

The way the winter sun hit his beautiful physique made it hard not to look away. He brushed his fingers through his thick brown hair, drooping over his temples as he let go, his eyes still closed. His plump lips puckered as he faced my direction a smile forming on his face.

"Done?" He wondered, peeking a little bit.

"No." I pulled off the dress and placed it neatly on a branch. The freezing air becoming even more apparent on my exposed skin. I hugged my chest, still feeling awkward, as always, being almost naked in a public area.

I waited a few moments for Timothy to take off his trousers. Which he did, now left in only some dark swimming trunks.

"Okay you can look now." I muttered. His eyes opened slowly, I had to admit he was more gentlemanly and chivalrous than the other boys. He kept his eyes on mine not daring to look down then said softly, "There's no need to cover yourself around me." He brought his hands to my arms and moved them aside, exposing my breast area. He kept his eyes on mine, his hands still softly holding my arms. The ring on his finger, cold on my skin.

"You're the least pervy boy at this school, that's something to be proud of." I blurted out, ruining the moment we were having. The alcohol still in my system was making me want to say anything that came to mind, "Come on."

I held his hand and took him to the edge of the water. We were still partially covered by the tree.

"You need a run up!" He shouted, running backwards, "Come on, don't be scared."

"Fine." I growled. We got a few metres away from the water then ran together, right to the edge. We jumped into the water, the warmth clawing at my skin. A huge splash sounded from the surface as we swam back up, our fingers still interlaced.

I took a breath as I escaped the water, kicking my feet to stay still. The water rippled slightly and I looked at Timmy whose hair was darker and looked like a mop on his head.

"I should really get a haircut." He grumbled, trying to move the cascade of hair to the side.

"I like it." I brought my hand to his hair, helping him to move it aside. A small blush potruded his skin which was covered with small water droplets.

"Let's go to where the others are. Cathy isn't really the swimming type but maybe you can persuade her."

"I'll try my best." I garbled. My mind was racing with crazy thoughts and I couldn't really control my movements. We neared the others and and I looked at Timothy, then his lips, they just looked so....kissable.

I edged closer to him and moved my face slowly to his, "nuh-uh." He spoke, putting his finger to my lips, "I'm not letting you kiss me with alcohol in your system, you're going to regret it later."

"What- Oh, sorry." I shook my head, internally rolling my eyes at my stupid actions.

We got to the area where the water was really warm, where the steam we had seen earlier was. The lukewarm water soothed my tense muscles and I felt at ease with everything.

"I'm just going to get Cathy and Blaise, you'll be okay here, hmm?"

"Oh- Yeah." I mumbled, Timothy was a slight blur infront of me. He started to swim away and I looked around, everything becoming blurier by the second.

My eyes moved to look at the elites, Mattheo was sat on a chair looking around. He caught my eye and waved tauntingly, an ugly smirk on his beautiful face. I swam away from him, trying to keep my balance in the moving azure ripples.

My head started to pound and everything around me became a complete blur. Students became blurred, the tree, the water, my friends.

Darkness surrounded me and my breathing increased. I couldn't move my arms or legs, the water engulfed me, I couldn't breathe. I tried to scream, I tried to produce any sound that I could but the sounds disappeared into the lake. My movements had faltered, all I could see was blue.

Falling.

Drowning.

Silence.

MATTHEO RIDDLE !

"We should go have a swim, Theo!" Pansy remarked, stood next to Draco. I looked above me, not bothering to turn around on my chair.

"You can, I'm just taking in the sights."

"You mean you're watching girls you like the look of." Draco muttered under his breath. Pansy hit him slightly.

"I heard that, Malfoy."

Draco nodded moodily, taking Pansy to the edge of the water. They were both extremely drunk and laughing at almost anything.

I learned back in my chair and took in the sights, well my sights. Mainly Clover.

She was on her own now, Morton had left her moments ago. She was swimming peacefully, a warm smile on her face. She looked over at me and we stared at eachother for a few moments. I waved then a smirk emerged on my face and she rolled her eyes.

She began to swim away and she got further away from the other students. There weren't many students left as most had gone for breakfast, there was about 10 in the water.

I looked away to Draco and Pansy for a second. Then back to Clover, but she wasn't there. I looked all around the water and began to feel nervous. Her friends were still busy talking to eachother not even taking notice that she had disappeared.

I felt my heart rate speed up slightly as terrifying thoughts invaded my mind.

She has to be okay.

I can't lose her.

I took a deep breath and ran to the edge of the water. Not even caring that I was still fully dressed.

I plunged in, a huge splash of water being created around me. My clothes weighted me down, pulling me down into the depths.

I heard nightmarish screams, drowning out every other thought left in my head. All I could think about was her and only her.

I swam downwards, the screams slowly fading. I tried to stay focused on finding her in these colder depths of the water. My shirt began to blow up around me and it was becoming a distraction in my search for her.

I tried to push it away but it was no use. I pulled it off, it was hard as it was completely stuck to my body. Just as I threw it away into the water, I saw someone just about 5 metres ahead.

There were mermaids surrounding her, they weren't harming her they just were looking at her. I resisted casting a spell at them, not wanting to harm Clover. I whispered something in mermish about my father and they all scurried away.

I swam over to the body before me and admired her beauty.

A true beauty.

My beauty.

Yet she didn't know. She didn't know that she's mine. No-one else will ever have this connection with her that we share, no-one.

I tapped my finger over her tender skin, placing my hand on her bare stomach. She had the most beautiful body I had ever seen, so small yet so defined and curvy in all the right places. I tried to keep my eyes away from her breasts, even though hers were closed I could still feel them burning on mine. Her long hair, floated everywhere. I placed my hand on her chest, checking her pulse, she was fine. Just unconscious.

Her lips were so perfectly osculable, but I ignored my stupid urges and lifted her up. I wrapped my arms around her waist, nesting her head against my bare chest.

Just feeling her warmth against me was everything I wanted, a perfect moment. I waited for a few seconds just admiring her then kicked my legs and brought her up to the surface, keeping my hand on her wrist the whole way up. Making sure her heart was still beating. It was getting slower, which made me swim even faster.

I left the water and took a deep breath, helping her onto the ground just ahead of us.

"Oh my- Is she okay? I shouldn't have left her!" Morton shouted as he saw her unconscious body.

He ran over to us and tried to get me out of the way, so I said, "Let me help her."

He nodded and walked back over to his group of friends. Draco looked really confused and so did Pansy, I just ignored them and focused on the beautiful girl infront of me.

I gently tilted her head back, keeping a finger on her forehead. Then I pinched her nose, taking deep breaths to ready myself. I brought my lips to hers and breathed normally into her mouth. I took a break every few seconds, checking if her breathing had began again.

Her eyes opened, and I felt extremely proud of myself. I layed on her chest out of happiness, glad that she, my soulmate, was alive due to me.

I saved her.

CLOVER DIGGORY !

Coughs and water sputtered out of my mouth. Everything before me was a blur and I felt a body pressed against me. The sun shone so brightly, I thought I was in heaven. At the sight of the boy infront of me I remarked, "Am I in heaven? Are you my angel? You're a beautiful angel." I placed my hands on his chest, not really knowing where else to put them.

"You're so drunk, Thea." The boy said sarcastically. My eyes focused and I realised it was Mattheo.

"Oh, what happened? I thought I died, wait-" I layed my head back, comfortable in this position. The cold air on my wet skin made me feel at peace. The warmth of Mattheo's body on mine also calmed me.

"Clover!! What happened?" Cathy asked as Mattheo got up. Walking back over to his friends, I hadn't taken much notice that he was shirtless and I kind of ignored Cathy. I just stared at Mattheo's gorgeous, muscular body. His hair was also wet, so there was a lot to look at.

"Yeah I'm fine. Well I almost died but I'm fine." She gave me a hug and I shouted, "Theo!"

"Yeah?" He questioned, patting himself with a towel Draco had brought him.

"Thanks for saving me."

"You're welcome." He said with a half-smile. I wanted to hug him and tell him how thankful I was but I kept to myself, still hugging Cathy who looked absolutely terrified.

Once Cathy let go of me, Timmy ran over and wrapped a towel around me. "I'm so sorry for leaving you, especially in your drunken state. I'm so so sorry." He whispered, his eyes full off terror, as he patted me dry.

"It's okay. I'm fine now, thanks to Mattheo." I looked over to him and he was walking away now with Draco. Pansy left a few moments ago. He didn't look back he just faced forward, maybe he was embarrassed that he saved me. I don't know anymore, he doesn't make much sense.

"That was really kind of him. I just can't believe he saved you, after the game and all. Maybe there is something we just don't know about him. All this doesn't excuse his foul actions though." Timothy said, passing me my dress.

"Yeah, he's a bad person. This was probably just a one off." I muttered, still really really confused. Timmy helped me put my dress on, it was a bit uncomfortable on top of the wet bikini but I ignored it.

"He's so bipolar, I really don't understand him." Blaise remarked, passing my coat over, which Timothy helped me put on.

"I actually have an idea. Have you seen that book he always writes in?" I said, coming up with an idea, "I think it's a diary. Maybe if we take it, we will find out what really is going on in his head"

"Good idea, but he always has it on him, how will we-"

"That's the hard part. I'll come up with something though."

"Do you want to get some food?" Cathy asked, completely changing the subject.

"I'm hungry as fuck!" Timothy shouted. We all nodded in agreement and walked up to the stairs.

I felt a bit dizzy as we started to move again. I felt myself begin to collapse. Just as I thought I was fine, I dropped to the ground in a deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 716 16
Cute stories about Mattheo Riddle. Includes: Friends to lovers, enemies to lovers, one bed, fake dating, brothers best friend, and more!
47.3K 645 39
Estelle Berkshire, The half-sister of the infamous Lorenzo Berkshire we know and love, lives with her brother and father in a small cottage on the ou...
5.7K 429 18
In the same universe where Remus John Lupin fell in love with his best friend's twin sister, their daughter despises the Golden boy's guts. Golden Tr...
423K 6.8K 64
𝑀𝑎𝑡𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑜 𝑅𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑙𝑒 | 𝑠𝑚𝑢̈𝑡 (book 1) He was troubling, she was confusing. He wanted her, she wanted him. He made her crazy, she made him f...