The Blacklister's Secret

By KaiaReddington

Raymond Reddington has a secret. A secret so well kept even he doesnt really know what it is. And her name i... More

1: The man and the ducks
2: The Man and the Ducks, Conclusion
3: The Waitress
4: The Waitress, Conclusion
5: The Hunter
6: The Hunted
7: General Ludd
8: The Nightmare King
9: Phoenix Theory
10: The Ducks
12: The Confession
13: Lazarus
14: Lazarus, Conclusion
15: The Judge

11: Emma Segreto

842 15 2
By KaiaReddington

"Hey." He nods.

"Thanks, for waiting." Emma says, stepping lightly out of her car.

"Yeah, of course." He answers, grinning. Aram offers her a coffee, which she takes.

"You ready to do this?" He asks. "You ready to uh, to yeah, do this?"

"It's just like ripping off a bandaid, right?" She asks, arching her eyebrows as she walks towards the building.

"Right." Aram nods, walking after her.

"Hey, look who's back." One of the security guards grins, greeting Emma.

"Hey Torres." She nods.

"How you doing kid?" He asks, waving her through security.

"Oh I'm doing." She answers, nodding as she sips at her coffee.

The pair step into the bright yellow lift and Emma closes her eyes as the doors close.

"You ok?" Aram asks.

Emma nods, sighing.

He offers her a smile as they come to a screeching stop.

"Here we go." He says.

Emma glances at him as the doors open.

"Aram, there you are, I was wondering-" Elizabeth Keen freezes.

"Emma, oh my god! You're back!"

"Hey." The girl nods.

"Damn, you look like a bad ass." Keen says, grinning.

Emma just shakes her head as the woman embraces her.

Meera simply watches as the woman walks to her desk.

.
.

"Reddington." Donald barks.

Emma turns her monitor and stares him down.

"It's good to see you."

She stares at him for a moment, and then pushes her monitor back into position.

Aram arches an eyebrow and glances between the two.

"Really? You guys are still gonna play this game?" He asks Emma, who shrugs.

"I guess so."

All is well and good until a crew of white shirts comes strolling in.

Emma looks up at Ressler, who's already looking at her. 

"You ok?" Aram asks, elbowing her.

"Hm?" She asks, "oh yeah, I'm fine."

.
.
.
.
.

"Ressler." Cooper nods.

Again he and Emma share a look as he pushes himself up out of the chair and grabs his cane.

Aram takes a hold of Emma's hand beneath the table as she watches Donald struggle up the stairs to the interrogation booth.

"Hey, you're going to be fine." Aram says to her.

She nods, swallowing, and turns back to her desk, her hands shaking as she attempts to keep working.

But she keeps glancing up.

Aram continues to try and distract her, but to no avail. The door opens, and she jumps, her face turning white with dread as Donald Ressler emerges.

"Emma." Cooper calls her.

Aram helps her up from her desk, and she makes her way to the bottom of the stairs, where Ressler grabs her arm.

"Just answer their questions and get the hell out." He reminds her.

Emma nods.

"Hey, you got this. You have iron clad alibi, what are they gonna do?" He says, letting go of her elbow and continuing on.

Emma climbs the stairs, where Harold is waiting for her.

"You alright?" He asks.

"Just nervous." Emma whispers.

He nods, smiling at her as he walks her down to the interrogation booth.

"Agent Emma Segreto." Cooper says to the woman in the room, who shuffles some papers before looking at Emma expectantly.

"Have a seat." She commands.

Emma complies, and glances over her shoulder at the director as he closes the door.

The woman still just glares at Emma, who just stares back.

_

"She joined this task force a month ago. She's not the mole." Harold Cooper says.

"They're all suspects, Harold."

"You're wasting your time questioning  her." He shakes his head.

_

"I'm not going to waste my time, what happened in that box with Reddington?" The woman asks.

"We saved Agent Ressler's life." Emma answers.

"And you were not present for the events following Reddington being taken from the box?"

"No." Emma answers.

"You just let Reddington get away?"

"Ma'am, I was shot in the chest. I was in no condition to chase after Reddington."

"You seem in good health."

"I have a high pain tolerance. Not so much for bullshit, though." Emma half shrugs.

"Is that a threat?" The woman asks, arching her eyebrows.

"No, a statement." Emma corrects her. "Do you know how hard it is to wear a bra with all this shit on?" Emma asks.

"I-"

"And even after I get to take the bandages off, I mean. I'll only have one boob. What kind of whack job only has one boob? I'm going to have to wear sports bras for the rest of my life!"

"Why were you accompanying Agent Ressler?"

"Because he asked me too, you know, maybe I'll just get a surgery to get the one removed. That way I can keep it even, and not even have to bother. Could you imagine? Not having to wear a bra? That sounds pretty good."

"What happened in the box. Why would Raymond Reddington choose to save Agent Ressler's life, and not kill you both?"

"I couldn't tell you, I'm not a highly functioning sociopath. We saved Ressler because that's what you do when someone is dying in front of you, you do what you can to save them. Not that you would know, you'd be the type to laugh as that person begged you for help. I respect that, it takes a certain caliber of character to murder a man."

"And you would know. Tell me, agent Segreto, why a top secret FBI task force would hire an 18 year old with no prior expierence and bad manners. You hardly meet the requirements to pass even the most basic admissions tests."

"I will not be deemed useless by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, fake blonde debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know what I'm capable of, and honey, I don't know if you really want to know." Emma says scathingly. "You said you weren't going to waste your time, now I see that not only are you a bitch, you're a liar. The worst kind of liar too. So, if you have any questions that actually matter to this investigation, Director Cooper is more than capable of pointing you in the direction of my desk."

"I'm afraid you don't have that kind of auth-"

"I'm the one with one boob, I'm a fucking Amazon warrior, and I will not sit here and have you belittle me just to get yourself off. If you have an authority kink that's something you can work out with your husband, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to be your little bitch. I bid thee adieu."

Harold Cooper is having a very strange sounding coughing fit outside of the interrogation booth as Emma exits past him.

Aram and Donald look up sharply from their desks as she emerges at the top of the stairs.

She descends, clutching onto the railing.

"You ok?" Aram asks.

"I'm fine." Emma nods, shooting a glance at Ressler.

He arches his eyebrows, and she shakes her head.

He grins, shaking his head in disbelief as he goes back to his work.

.
.
.
.
.

.

"Director Cooper." Emma says softly.

The man looks up from his desk.

"Thank you." She says, her voice barely above a whisper.

He nods, and Emma goes back to her work with Aram.

"You ok?" He asks under his breath.

"Hm? Yeah, I'm ok." She answers, taking a sip of her coffee.

She continues her work, a small smile never leaving her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 4.5K 28
23 year old Emma Johnson had a pretty normal life until one night, men broke into her family home killing her mom and grandfather while trying to get...
1.3K 13 26
Raymond Reddington's life is disrupted when a mystery woman enters his life and subsequently starts a chain of events that lead down a dangerous path.
11.6K 202 19
"Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones. I will try to fix you..." If a man is brave enough to love you after you broke his heart, I guara...
41.5K 1K 28
Raymond Reddingtons dead daughter is alive. What happens when they meet?