Ashes

By Nickey0398

•~BOOK THREE•~ Sequel to Bastard Child and Phoenix Mackinzy McCall and her friends thought life couldn't get... More

Ashes
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Voting for Book Four

Chapter Twenty Six

603 12 1
By Nickey0398

Chapter Twenty-Six

Mac's POV

My plans with Isaac quickly got canceled. We were at the lacrosse field so he could practice since he didn't place much last season. I was his cheerleader. It was cut short after a call from Scott. Lydia, Malia, and Kira had stumbled upon an accident. Well, more like, Lydia's inner banshee directed them to an accident. Unfortunately, this accident involved the prison transport van containing Donovan, Mr-I'm-Gonna-Threaten-Everbody-Because-I'm-Being-Punished-By-My-Bad-Decisions.

"What happened?" I asked, walking up to Noah and Stiles after we arrived on the scene.

"Where's Scott?" Isaac asked.

"He's searching for Donovan. He's missing. His lawyer is dead and two officers are down." Noah explained.

"I'll go help search," Isaac said, but Jordan Parrish's radio sounded before he could leave.

"Scott, is that you?" Jordan asked into the radio.

"Yeah, I found Donovan. He's completely freaked out. He keeps saying some name." Scott said. 

"What name?" Noah asked taking the radio.

"Theo," Stiles muttered. 

"Tracy. He keeps saying, Tracy." Scott explained. 

"Tracy who?" Noah asked confused.

"Stewart. Tracy Stewart." Lydia explained.

~

The next day at school my friends and I stood at our usual meeting spot, between the buses.

"Tracy wasn't just having trouble sleeping. It was a real disorder. It was night terrors. Well, now she's the night terror." Lydia said. 

"Especially since no one can find her," Stiles said.

"Okay, I know we're all tired and miserable..." Scott said and looked over at Liam's friend, Mason. "Except for you."

"Oh. I'm sorry. This is all just mind-blowing. You're a phoenix." He said, looking at me. He then pointed at Kira. "You're a kitsune. I don't even know what those are."

"I'm still learning," Kira said sheepishly.

"Join the club," I said, rolling my eyes. I was too exhausted for his energy. I barely got any sleep and it's too early in the morning. 

"Liam, we said you could tell him. Not invite him to the inner circle." Stiles said toward the younger kid.

"Uh, I'm in the inner circle?" Mason asked excitedly.

"No." Liam and Stiles chorused.

"Guys, look, back to Tracy," Scott interjected. "She's just one lone wolf. We can find her."

"One lone serial-killing wolf." Malia pointed out.

"Uh, she only killed one person, you know. The other two were mauled." Stiles corrected.  "All right, what do we do when we catch her?"

"I say we put her down," Malia said.

"I second that," Isaac added.

"Why do you two always resort to murder?" I asked them.

"What? You were thinking it too." Isaac defended.

"Well, I didn't say it," I argued back, hitting him on the arm.

"Intense," Mason whispered.

"Guys, let's concentrate on catching her first. We'll figure out the rest later." Scott interrupted before we could get more off-topic.

"Okay, let's head to class," I said, linking my arm with Isaac's. The rest of the group split up to head their separate ways. Close to the end of the school day, I was in my AP Bio class. When class started, the teacher set down our results from our previous test. I got an 83 on it.

"Nice to see where your priorities are, Scott." Ms. Ramsey said. I leaned up to see he got an 86. "Since you have such a good grasp of the subject, how about you lead us in a review of last night's reading."

"Uh... Sure." Scott said and opened his book. I looked down toward mine to turn to the page. 

"Scott?" Ms. Ramsey asked. Scott was filing with his book.

"Sorry, just looking for the page." He said sheepishly.

"Scott?" Ms. Ramsey asked once again. I looked at him confused.

"Yeah, one sec. Sorry." Scott apologized again. Isaac nudged my arm. When I looked at him, he gestured toward the door. I looked over to see a frantic Liam. Liam disappeared from the doorway, but I could see he was still outside it.

"What is he saying?" I whispered to Isaac.

"Tracy is here," Isaac explained.

Scott quickly did a review of the chapter and used an excuse to go to the bathroom. When class was over Isaac, Lydia, Kira, and I went to find the two werewolves. We found him in the hallway and he explained to us what happened.

"They're taking her to the Animal Clinic?" Kira asked. 

"Yeah, to see if Deaton can figure out what's wrong with her," Liam said.

"What's wrong with her is that she killed two people," Isaac said.

"Her father and, according to Parrish, her psychiatrist," Lydia said.

"Isn't there anyone else we can talk to? Does she still have her mom? Any family?" I asked. 

"Alpha," Lydia said.

"If she's a werewolf, she has an Alpha, right?" Isaac asked.

"Anyone know if a new one's moved into Beacon Hills?" Lydia asked. I shook my head no.

"No, but there's an old one. One of the oldest. We know her." Kira pointed out.

"And her pack," Liam grumbled.

"Does that mean we have to go see Brett?" Liam asked, his face turned up.

"Yes." Isaac nodded, patting his shoulder.

"I'll drive." I offered.

"Can I go?" Mason asked, walking up.

"How much of that did you hear?" I asked him.

"Enough to know you're going somewhere for some supernatural business. So I'll ask again. Can I go?" I agreed and we headed to my car. Liam pouted the closer we got to Devenford Prep. Liam informed us that around this time the Devenford Prep lacrosse team should be practicing. I was sure glad they were. Brett was running around on the field shirtless.

"So, he's a werewolf too?" Mason asked. 

"Yup," Liam confirmed, his face turned up.

"This just gets better and better," Mason said, his smile big.

"Keep your eyes to yourself. That one is mine." I said with a cheeky smile as he looked over at us. He jogged over to us.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked, throwing an arm around my shoulder and giving me a kiss.

"Admiring the view," I stated, looking down at his abs.

"We need to ask you about a girl," Liam said, glaring at me.

"What girl?" Brett asked confused. "You don't think I'm cheating on you or something, right?"

"No, but is that something I should think?" I ask him stepping back with my brow raised.

"No," Brett replied quickly. 

"It's about this girl at our school. We think she's a newly turned werewolf. She went on kind of a rage last night." I said. Liam pulled up a picture from the school yearbook.

"Cute. But never seen her." Brett said, putting his stuff in his gym bag.

"Could Satomi have turned her without you knowing?" Liam asked.

"After the dead pool, Satomi's not exactly doing much recruiting," Brett informed us.

"That's how it works? Alpha werewolves just go around biting people?" Mason asked. 

"Or you can be born, like me and my sister. Satomi took us in after our family died in a fire." Brett explained.

"Guys, I think I just found something," Liam said, looking down at his phone. I looked over to see he had zoomed into the picture.

"What?" I asked confused.

"That necklace. I saw that in the forest in a hole I fell in the other day." Liam explained.

"Take us there," I said.

~

That statement led to the four of us walking in the middle of the forest. Liam led us and Mason trailed behind. "Sure you know where you're going?" Brett asked.

"I know where I am," Liam replied annoyed. 

"So do I. Middle of nowhere." Brett sassed back.

"Children, no fighting," I said rolling my eyes. There was a thudding sound and I turned around. Mason was nowhere in sight.

"Guys?" Mason said. We walked over to see him sitting on his ass in a hole. "I think I found it."

"See the necklace?" Liam asked. Mason used the flashlight from his phone to look around. 

"No, I don't see it," Mason said. Brett leaned down and pulled him out. 

"Liam, I thought you said this was a sinkhole," Mason asked. 

"It's a hole. What's the difference?" Liam asked. 

"I mean, look at all these handprints and look at all this dirt," Mason said.

"She didn't fall in here." Brett pointed out.

"She was buried," I concluded. 

"Intense," Mason whispered. Liam jumped in the hole and looked around. He sighed heavily.

"Why isn't it here?" Liam asked himself.

"She probably came back for it," Brett said. Liam sighed again and jumped out of the hole.

"I don't think this is the one," Liam stated. I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" Mason asked.

"It was closer to the bridge. Much closer. This is a different hole." Liam said. 

"Then who crawled out of this one?" Mason asked as we looked down at the hole.

"And how many more are there?" I added looking around the forest.

---------------------------

I have so many plans fir this season 😈

Let me know what you think?

1524 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.2M 30.3K 45
'"Okay..." I trailed off awkwardly, shoving my hands in my pockets. He groaned in frustration and I shot him a look. "What are you uhhh-ing about?" I...
646K 39.4K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
25.4K 1K 40
BOOK 2 Emma McCall has survived her first summer in Beacon Hills. Two months of babysitting ticking-time-bomb Lydia Martin and worrying over the stat...