Ours To Be (All Ours, #1)

By SoHoAuthor

๐“˜๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ช โ™ฅ๏ธŽ Not many things have managed to catch me off guard in this life after enduring years of t... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
The series continues!
Christmas Bonus Chapter

Chapter 25

14.4K 563 124
By SoHoAuthor

I'm freaking out.

Literally. Freaking. Out.

Nothing new for me, honestly. I'm always going insane over something.

But never about meeting somebodies parents.

Mr. and Mrs. Dominguez.

Yeah, so I'm shitting fucking bricks right now.

When I got off the phone with the source of all my disdain this morning; Kayden motherfucking Dominguez, he assured me it's a dinner party and not so very intimate. I might not even meet his dad because the man'll be busy mingling around with his guests, it's not a ceremonial dinner. It's not a buffet either, it's more of a... gathering?

And I am fucking glad about that.

Oh, and Joshua will be there. And Cassie. So that subsides the nerves a tad.

Just a tad, though.

I still don't know why I'm even going to this thing. Or why Alexia was so dead set on having me there. She was a sweetheart, that much is true, but... she doesn't even know me.

Did it stop me from getting her a bag of my favorite hair products?

Nope. It absolutely didn't.

I mean, what the fuck do you bring to this kind of grouping? A bottle of wine? Cognac as old as my great-grandparents? A box of Cubans? Bonbons?

It's not like I'm trying to kiss ass. I was just doing my hair and the idea popped up. I thought she'd appreciate it.

I still do.

I know Kayden will laugh and tell me it wasn't necessary but I'll just stump him over the head with some fruity smelling bottle in the bunch.

Me and the asshole are definitely on good terms again.

I don't think we were ever not on good terms. I just needed to collect myself for a moment.

He was stuck at the office all day yesterday. According to him- his new clients were real pains in the asses- so we barely spoke. He called me the second he left the building though.

I don't know how I feel about all this interaction we're having.

In my mind, I know that we've established a good, sort of comfortable friendship. But the thing is that my mind isn't sending the same message down to my heart that flips somersaults just hearing his voice. Yeah, it's a constant battle. One I'm afraid I won't be able to win.

''HELLOOOOO!'' Soyana's voice blasts from my living room, interrupting my sulking under the heavy covers of my bed.

What the fuck?

My door burst open and the little Malibu barbie ambles in as if it's her own. ''I've been calling you all night, where the fuck have you been?''

''Probably talking to Kayden,'' that would be Nara, following up behind her.

Okay, now I'm really confused. How in the fuck did they just barge in here like this?

''I was taking a nap, thank you very much,'' I disclose, feigning wit into my tone.

''It's a Saturday night in august and you're taking a nap?'' Ivana strolls in, dropping the variety of shopping bags she was holding in some corner.

''Sometimes I wonder if you've realized you actually live in LA instead of the suburbs,'' Jenn speaks around a bite of the donut she's bearing.

I fucking wish I lived in the suburbs.

''Not that I'm not totally ecstatic to see you guys,'' I muse, looking around the room. ''But what are you doing here?''

''Your apartment is so cozy, you know we love staying here,'' Nara mutters.

''Oh, I'm staying over tonight. I might end up choking my roommate in her sleep if I don't.'' Ivana informs me.

Very nice of her to ask. Good thing this condo's got a guestroom. She'll probably end up in my bed by the end of the night though, wanting to watch a movie.

''Why? I thought you liked Sammy,'' Jenn raises.

''I do. It's her boyfriend I got problems with.'' She seethes. ''Fucker keeps steeling my food and they make the bed creak so hard against the fucking walls at night, I haven't had some decent sleep since they've been together.''

And this is exactly why I wanted to live alone.

''Ohh, Sammy's getting some,'' Soyana grins.

''Unlike you,'' Jenn catches on and smirks tauntingly. Oh, so that's her problem...

''So the fuck what if I'm hard-up?'' Ivana raises and come up to me, throwing an arm over my shoulder. ''I'm indulging myself in some celibacy like my good sis Bells over here,''

''Nah, you just need to get laid.'' Jenn deadpans, then nods her head in my direction. ''So does the celibacy queen next to you,''

''Na-a, don't drag me into this shit.'' I directive.

''You dragged yourself in the second you've notched your ass a hot fucking billionaire boyfriend.'' Jenn topics.

''Kayden is not a billionaire.''

Nara quirks a brow. ''So you admit he's your boyfriend?''

''Of course he's not. That goes without saying.'' I don't know how many times I can repeat that shit before they start to believe me.

''You've been summoned into his family soiree tomorrow.'' Soyana reminds me.

''You guys are on the phone with each other all day.'' Ivana adds.

''Don't forget about the googly-eyes!'' Nara chimes.

''What the fuck are googly-eyes?'' I quarry.

''The eyes you two give each other when you talk. Like you're speaking to Jesus himself.'' Jenn declares.

''We don't look at each other like that,'' I scoff.

''You do too,'' Soyana sings.

''I. Do. Not.'' I press. ''We're friends. Friends talk and smile at each other.''

''So he keeps it purely platonic then?'' Jenn questions. ''Tell me you're not stupid enough that you don't see the man wants to fuck your brains out.''

He does flirt a little... Okay, he flirts a lot. I have been trying to ignore it, or I just make a sarcastic remark that changes the subject. Fortunately, he goes along with it and luckily for me, his flirting isn't as intense as Jenn just voiced. Its more of a mild... notify of his interest.

Interest in me. Interest in this pussy. I don't fucking know. I also don't know how many other lady friends he's entertaining when he's not on the phone with me, and have no interest in knowing. Friends are not supposed to care about that, so I try not to dwell on it.

''Friends don't get disappointed when he forgets to text you goodnight.'' Nara mills.

''I wasn't disappointed. I was concerned. I hadn't heard from him all day.'' That hadn't happened since that one margarita night we started talking so obviously, I was apprehensive. He called me later that night, though. The studio session ran later than it was supposed to.

''I don't know if that's better or worse...'' Jenn falters and the others snicker.

Yeah, I don't, either.

''Whatever. You guys can go suck a dick,'' I'm done with this conversation.

''Can we suck Kayden's?'' Soyana questions.

No, you fucking cant.

I don't know why bile almost rises up my throat at the thought of him with any of them.

''You can suck whosevers dick you want to suck.''

''We would never do that to you, though. You know that, right?'' Ivana inquiries, face all serious now.

''Yeah. I know we always joke about how we'd do him and how hot the man is. But he's all yours.'' Soyana adds.

I nearly snort. All mine. In my dreams, maybe.

''Yup. That's your boyfriend,'' Nara jibes.

''All of you need to stop with the boyfriend shit. He is not my boyfriend.''

''Not yet,'' Jenn flashes me a wink.

''Drop it.'' I call, looking around at all of them sprayed out on my bed.

''Alright. What are you wearing tomorrow?''

Now that I'm down to discuss. I move off the bed and mosey myself to my closet to pull out the periwinkle colored top with a dark leathery pants I chose.

''That's cute. Love the belty thingy on the top.'' Nara comments on the shirt that has some kind of belt in the same fabric of the top wrapping over my stomach.

''Yeah, your tits are gonna look bomb in that,'' Ivana nods her head in approval.

I look down at the item in my hands and frown. Well, damn. I don't want to look like some kind of scrud in front of his parents. ''The V isn't even that deep...''

''Deep enough to give Kaydo Man a hard-on,'' Jenn notes.

''Oh my God! I do not get him hard.'' I squeal, astonished at the fucking thought of it.

''Oh, puh-lease. The guy was rocking a semi just looking down at you in shorts and a bikini top.'' Nara snorts.

Speaking of bikini's... ''Oh, he invited us to Venice beach next weekend.''

''He actually invited all of us?''

A phones ringing suddenly blasts through my room.

''Speak of the devil and he shall appear...'' Ivana mutters, glancing down at the screen.

I motion for her to throw it to me and she does. I catch it by a thread, almost dropping it on the floor, and quickly swipe green.

''Hey, I thought you had a long studio day planned for tonight,'' I greet because that's what he told me this morning.

He's in bed. Not wearing a shirt. His hair is messy and a single chain is dangling over neck slash chest area, and I don't know if my ovaries can handle this.

''We finished early,'' Is his gruff reply. ''What are you doing?''

I hold up the purply top. ''Just deciding on what to wear tomorrow...''

''Don't stress it. You'll look perfect in whatever,''

Okay... Swoon.

Kayden is not one to hold back on what he wants to say, so I shouldn't even be surprised, but it never stops my heart from doing cartwheels when he does.

''Stop, Kayden. I will absolutely not look perfect in whatever.'' I roll my eyes and he narrows his. He always does that when I roll my eyes at him and I wonder why every time.

''Made a decision yet?''

''I think so.'' I nod.

''Alright. Are you gonna put it on and model for me?'' he wiggles his brows. This guy is fucking ridiculous.

''As lovely as that sounds,'' I quip sarcastically. ''I'm going to have to pass. The girls are here.''

''Man,'' a groan forms from the back of his throat as he practically pouts. ''I wanted to watch a movie with you.''

''Don't be a drama queen. People can hear you over here.''

He sneers. ''What, you think I'm embarrassed by wanting to watch a movie with you? I don't care. I'd even come over to watch it there if you let me.''

Yup. This isn't the first time he's offered to come over. I told him to sit his ass back down on the couch every time. I don't know why letting him into my home feels so nerve-wracking but I don't think I'm ready for that. Fortunately, I have a legitimate reason to say no now.

''I'm with the girls,'' I remind him.

''Alright, alright. I'll see you tomorrow.'' He grumbles. ''You ladies go have fun with the pillow fights in your underwear.''

I laugh. ''That's now what we actually do on sleepovers, you know that, right?''

''You just had to ruin the fantasy, didn't you? Who the hell was I hurting?''

''What can I say? I aim to please.'' I shrug.

''I would say I'd punish you if you didn't have to spend your Sunday night with my family. That's plenty,'' he chuckles.

''Punish me?'' I chortle. ''You got one of those weird daddy-fetishes I don't know about?''

''No, but you can call me that any day of the week.'' I know he's kidding but I cant help but cringe. I may have daddy-issues with the scars to match them, but I will never in my life call somebody daddy. Especially in the way he's probably meaning it.

''Goodbyeee,'' I chant.

He chuckles. ''Bye, babe.''

''Lord have mercy, that man is fine...'' Ivana mumbles, shaking her head.

Soyana nods her head. ''Its literally unfair to any other dick-owner walking on earth.''

Jenn is still awestruck, eyes wide. ''That sexy Latino is so in love with you, it's absurd.''

I'm about to voice my derision when Soyana beats me to it. ''Right?! What guy asks a woman to model a outfit for him? The ones I know want me to model in anything but...'' she huffs. ''Where the fuck did you find this guy?''

I have no fucking idea.

''You ready?'' Kayden asks after he's opened the door to the Porsche he decided to take today. Always the gentleman.

''As I'll ever be,'' I sigh.

The sides of his lips jerk up. ''You still nervous?''

''Kinda,'' I mutter.

He leads us to front door. ''Don't worry about anything. Mamá already loves you, so does Cassie. Josh will be there... and I don't think you'll meet anyone else. Nobody that's important, anyway.''

''What about your dad?'' I question, even more nervous now that Kayden's hands have made their way over to the small of my back and started rubbing little soothing circles over it. My stomach is in knots and his hands, smell, black dress shirt and dress pants aren't helping the matter. He looks fucking edible, and I feel like a... I don't even know what I look like beside him. I don't want to know.

''He'll be pretty busy, like I said. Probably'll come over to say hi, but that's about it.'' He shrugs as we march up the little stairs by the entrance and rings the door.

Cassie appears behind it a couple of seconds later. ''Isabella!''

I duck down to embrace her in a hug. Kayden walks up to hug her as well. Then he guides us through his parents' luxurious home afterwards.

''Want a tour?'' he asks.

''Sure,''

We're somewhere around the third of fourth floor now. ''This used to be a library bu-''

''Kayden?'' a feminine voice tags through the hallway, then Alexia strolls in, looking fabulous as ever in a red Alexander Wang dress. ''Nino! I thought I heard you.'' she suddenly shrieks. ''I was so scared you wouldn't bring her! Isabella, darling. So good to see you.'' and before I can even so much as blink, I'm locked in her arms.

''So good to see you, too. Thank you for the invite.'' I smile.

''Of course, my boys woman is always welcome here.'' she smiles back warmly. So warm, I don't have the heart to correct her.

''I've brought you something,'' I motion for her son to hand her the heavy bag that he's spent our entire ride teasing me about. But he insisted on carrying it, so whatever.

''Dios mio, what is this?!'' she squeals. ''Oh, bébe... you didn't have to do this.''

I grin at her stunned state. ''I know I didn't. I wanted to.'' she was so excited about the curls. I knew she'd love this.

She looks up from the bag, expression mirroring mine in a beaming grin. ''Thank you, amor. I really appreciate it.''

She takes a step forward and envelops me in a hug again. I know Kayden is watching us but he's behind me so I don't know if he's silently laughing and making fun of our enthusiasm.

By the time we move back downstairs, there's a party at full-spring. Livingroom filled with guests.

''Oh, there's Josh. Lets go say hi before Cassie murders him,'' Kayden murmurs.

They do that weird man half-hug and Josh comes up to kiss me on the forehead. ''Can you believe this fucker didn't let me bring a date?''

''Who the fuck knows what you would've brought, man. I'm not risking that shit in my parents' house.'' Kayden contends.

''I would've brought a nice, sophisticated lady.'' He scoffs.

''Is that what they call escorts these days?'' Cassie chimes, coming up behind us.

Joshua groans at the sight. I'm thinking these two don't like each other very much...

''Devil Child,'' he nods his head in some kind of greeting.

So does she. ''Gigolo,''

I have to keep myself from laughing.

Especially when Cassie goes on. ''Delivered your dose of STDs for the month so you decided to hang around here?''

To which Joshua's face hardens- a non-smiling Joshua is very rare, by the way, so this must be good- and retorts. ''For your information, I'm cleaner than those fuckin' braces in your mouth. What about you? Done killing some innocent puppies so you decided to grace us with your presence?''

''That was one time! And also a freaking hamster! How the hell was I supposed to know you're not supposed to give them chocolate. I was fourteen!''

This is going to be a long night...

..................................................................................

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for this delay. Life as a college student is insane during finals...

It was also my birthday so that made everything even crazier.

Anyways, I'm back with regular weekly updates now so I'll see you guys in a couple of day! Don't forget to Vote and let me hear your thoughts. ♥️⭐️💬

P.S. first kiss approaching a lot sooner than you may think... I'm ready to turn on the heat for these two after all these chapters... 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 601 38
They met for the right reasons but at the wrong time. She was just about to graduate from college, and he was already a successful CEO/Businessman w...
45.7K 1.8K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
411 20 19
"All week, you've been on my mind, and I can't make it go away. Finally, after suffering in silence for so long at the thought of your lips, your lau...
74K 2K 43
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...