the gifted || marauders era

By l-yraa

Being reborn into a completely different timeline seems a bit impossible, isn't it? but things aren't always... More

warning
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
not an update
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
sequel, books, and updates
drafts
rewriting

epilogue

58K 2.1K 2.8K
By l-yraa

31st July 1980, St. Mungos

"He's so tiny.." James stared in awe at the little bundle of joy in his arms.

Lyra grinned tiredly after an eight hour long labor. Honestly, she loved Harry to death, but he was really stubborn and it was proven to be true when he wouldn't come out until the eighth hour of Lyra's labor.

The girl knew she something was off as soon as Harry's presence completely vanished from her mind. And as soon as she figured it out, she had rushed to take a pregnancy test, and just as she expected, it came back positive.

She couldn't express the happiness she felt at the thought of finally having Harry's physical presence beside her after 21 years.

He had been a really hard to please fetus, always causing her stomach to churn and pushing out every food contents she ate. He was also a very active fetus, as he often kicked inside his mother's stomach causing her having to pee every hour.

Surprisingly, the third trimester had been the easiest to deal with. She no longer felt nauseous when she woke up, not too much cravings, and she was happy that Harry hadn't been to hard in her.

"Let me hold him." Lyra mumbled tiredly, but she used her last bit of energy to raise her hands, gesturing James to give her Harry.

James gently placed him on her arms, and Lyra felt a smile grow on her lips as soon as she made contact with her son.

"Hi, Harry.." She cooed at the baby.

Harry peeked his eyes open, and his mouth slowly flew open as he let out a small yawn. Lyra offered the baby her point finger, to which he inmediately grabbed with his tiny hands.

"Welcome back. Harry." said the woman, pressing a soft kiss on his forehead.

——
27th April, 1984, Potter Manor.

"Prongslette!" A voice echoed throughout the large mansion, a raven-haired man with his hair pulled up into a bun, a leather jacket placed perfectly on his shoulders, and a black sunglass hovering on the tip of his nose.

"Paddy!" another voice squealed happily, followed by small sounds of footsteps which eventually died down when the toddler ran to the man.

"There's my little guy! Hello, Harry." Sirius grinned, picking the boy up from the floor and placing him on his hips.

Behind the raven-haired man, was another man, taller than the first one, and had sandy brown hair.

"Hi, Harry." The man greeted the toddler with a kind smile, before stepping inside the mansion.

A pair of footsteps padded through the mansion, and the married couple appeared from the stairs to the second floor. There, James stood beside his wife with an arm wrapped around her waist, while Lyra carried three-year old Jade Lily Potter.

The little girl's eyes seemed to lit up when they caught sight of her two uncles, and she immediately made grabby hands towards her God-father.

"Moony!" the toddler giggled happily once the man took her from her mother.

"Hello, pumpkin." Remus cooed at the girl, pressing a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Hi, Remmy, Siri." Lyra greeted her best friends, pulling them both into a hug and pressing a kiss on their cheeks.

"Hey, Ly." Remus greeted his bestfriend, before looking around as if searching for something.

"Where are the twins?" asked Remus

"They're asleep. After making me and James stay up all night, finally got them to sleep earlier this morning." She yawned, lying her head in her husband's shoulder.

James smiled down at the woman and pressed a soft kiss on her lips, "They're getting restless." he added.

"Mummy! Play outsidee? Pweasee?" Harry begged his mother, giving her his most adorable puppy eyes.

"We'll have to wait for the Weasleys, darling." She informed the boy, running her hands through his thick layer of messy hair.

"One thing I'm bitter about is how all of our children have your messy hair." Lyra sighed, a small smile playing in her lips as she faced her husband.

"You love my hair. Especially when w-"

"Okay! That's enough! Innocent ears here!" Sirius interrupted his best friend, though a small smirk was playing on his lips.

"They won't even understand what we're saying." James rolled his eyes, laughing lightly.

"Oh, I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about him." said Sirius, jerking his free thumb to his husband who swatted his hands away.

"Ha ha. Very funny, Padfoot." The man rolled his eyes.

Just as they were about to continue their playful argument, a knock came from the front door, and the only woman at the house went to get it.

Opening the door, a small crowd appeared in front of her with wide smiles.

"Come in, all of you!" She gestured all of them inside, and the first thi she saw was a flash of red-hair pulling her into a tight hug.

"I've missed you!" squealed the red-head. "Now, where's my god-daughter?" She placed her hands in her hips, looking for Lyra's oldest daughter.

"Missed you too, Lils." she laughed, "Jade's with Moony."

"Hey Petey." Lyra greeted the once small boy, who now has grown into a man, even though he was still short.

"Hi, Ly." He greeted her with a smile, placing a kiss on his cheeks.

"Reggie." Lyra smiled widely, pulling her little brother into a hug, 

"Hey, sis." He grinned happily.

Lyra then greeted all of her guests, the Weasleys, Regulus' boyfriend, Fleamont and Euphemia, her parents, Nott, Rosier, and finally her favorite blonde, Draco Malfoy.

Narcissa and Lucius couldn't attend their get-together, as they had a date planned and was planning to drop off their son on the Potter's mansion.

"There's my favorite blonde!" Lyra squealed, scooping Draco up into her arms.

"Hi, Draco." She cooed at the toddler who shyly hid his face on her neck.

"Hi auntie Lywa." the toddler greeted his god-mother.

"Thank you for doing this, Ly." Narcissa thanked her gratefully.

"It's no problem! He's an angel." She assured the pair.

"I'll see you both tomorro, have fun!"

She said her goodbyes to the couple, before walking to the others with Draco in her arms.

"Why don't you go play with the other kids?" Lyra offered to the blonde, tickling him.

"Otay auntie." He giggled at the tickles, before heading off to greet his friends.

The get-together was a success, the kids had fun playing in the backyard, with Fred and George wrecking havoc, much to the marauders' pleasure. The Potter twins, Lucas and Maddie joined as soon as they woke up, with Harry watching out for them.

And as dinner took place, Lyra felt a tug on her dress. She looked down to see Harry looking up at her with wide eyes.

"Yes, love?"

"Mummy, carry." He pouted, pushing his arms out for her to carry him.

Lyra chuckled at his adorable antics, placing her drink down and picking her son up.

"What is it Harry?"

"Mummy, can go play?"

"You were just playing, Harry." Lyra told him, slightly confused as to what he wanted.

"No." Harry shook his head. "Mummy play with 'awwy." said the toddler, and she understood what he meant.

"Okay." She agreed, walking towards the backyard to play with the children.

From afar, James stared with adoring eyes at his family. Especially his wife, and at that moment, he thanked Merlin that she was sent to him. She was truly a gift. Not only to him, but to everyone else she had met.

When he saw her playing with their oldest son, all James could think about was,

I'm one lucky bastard.

"She's perfect, isn't she?" A voice brought him back from his own little world, and James turned to the person beside him with a smile.

"She is." He agreed, glancing back at her once more.

"Absolutely perfect." he breathed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 611 21
Mayalyn Black returns to Hogwarts with her brother alongside long time friends, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, and James Potter. As they navigate thei...
56.9K 1.7K 15
────────────────── .Λšα΅Žβ”Š π—Œπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—‡π—€π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ ⋆.ೃ࿔:ο½₯❝ π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  π‘‘π‘œ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘ , π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ , π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”...
1M 49.7K 97
Bonnie Miller always thought of herself as a coward. After the First Wizarding War, she ran away to America from the terrible truth that all of her f...
463K 16.2K 29
. ❝ PLEASE S T A Y , I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE. ❞ ❝ I'M AFRAID I ...