Sold! To the Rebellion [SECON...

By ambiance101

***[EXPLICIT CONTENT: violence, brimming with swear words, sèx and more, more sex! Advisable age: 18 and abov... More

Sold! To the Rebellion
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Beginning of Another
Chapter 2: The Accidental Meeting
Chapter 3: Rearing in the Beast
Chapter 4: Strong Bonds Don't Break
Chapter 5: To Fight for Freedom
Chapter 6: Intensity
Chapter 7: Straightening Creases
Chapter 8: A Mix up in Mexico
Chapter 9: Dates and Kidnaps
Chapter 10: From the Mouth of the Murderer
Chapter 11: Seeing an Old Friend
Chapter 12: More Than What it Meant
Chapter 13: A Christmas to Remember
Chapter 14: The Heart Wants What the Heart Wants
Chapter 15: Traps and Betrayal
Chapter 16: The Truth Behind
Chapter 18: Out Cold
Chapter 19: Surprise!
Epilogue
In Which the Author Closes a Book...again
Writing Tips from Ariel Carrera: how to get MORE!
Sold! To the Vampire King

Chapter 17: Into the Floating Metal

8.5K 368 65
By ambiance101

I'm fulfilling promises. Here's the flood updates. Please don't forget to vote, comment or follow! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|CALVIN|

There was this memory that bothered me deeply. It was when the three of us- Colton, Domovov and I- were lying on the dirt in the amazons after wrestling bears and alligators covered in dirt, muck and god-knows-what. It is said to be the special training Aldrich had planned to the three of us pure blooded vampire lords. Domovov was staring at the stars while Colton looked around for some weed; all I ever did that time was to lie close into the fire, not wanting to catch malaria or some vector borne disease.

At sixteen, the three of us knew what our future would be and to protect ourselves is to know how to defend your property. "You know," Domovov started as he stared at the sky. "They say Aldrich's insane."

The two of us stared at each other. "Aldrich's very insane. Sending us in the amazon with nothing. Insane, I know."

The two of us were silent for a bit. "No, they say he's not right no the head. I'm saying this seriously, Calvin. They said...something happened. Between him and your dad or something."

Again, the silence. "What the fùck could have happened?" I asked, now curious of the rumors.

"I don't know. It seems like they had a pretty insane past, your father and him. It's just...it's hard to believe, ya know. He just... raised us as his own. Does that kind of made us insane too?"

A small smile graced my filthy lips. "Of course," I said amused ", you, Colton and I...I think we're not in the right head as well."

He chuckled at that and shook his head. "I think I know that," he said and continued staring at the stars. "But whatever he would do, it would be the best for us, right? After all, he raised us."

I nodded at that and just focused on not trying to get bitten by a wandering pest. "Aldrich would never do anything that would harm us, that I'm sure."

I was naive. I was foolish.

Smack!

The sound was loud enough to deafen anyone who could hear normally as Aldrich and I met head on; sound of flesh hitting flesh was loud enough as I tackled him down and he met me with a defense. Aldrich staggered a bit but fell down anyway and I fell on top of him. Immediately, I fired series of punches in his face in which he reciprocated by pushing me off and kicking me on the stomach.

I rolled to my feet but was slow enough to be caught by the collar and was thrown to the nearest wall with a loud clang!

My head pounded as blood oozed from the newly open wound as I stumbled up. I rubbed at my forehead and gritted my teeth as I glared at his amused expression. "You still fight rashly, Calvin," he said in a sing song voice that made me want to kill him more.

"Shut up you self proclaimed monarch."

He looked take aback for a while but reigned himself in. "For your information, Calvin, I was recognized by a lot of vampire lords as their ruler."

"Isn't that a bit forced on their part?"

He chuckled at the thought and wiped sweat off his forehead. "I have to agree, you still make me crack up."

"Too bad your head is the only thing cracked up in the end."

That didn't seem to amuse him as his features darkened. "What do you want Calvin?"

"I want Holly," I said in a heart beat. "I want her back to me."

"Then join the rebellion."

My fast retort was stopped on my throat as the failure to reply due to his...his absurd comment made. Join the rebellion? Join the rebe- okay, fùck it. I still can't say it without throwing up.

Please somebody give me a bucket so I could throw up.

"Put me in a fishbowl and fùck me dry," I muttered in disbelief, shock and anger. how dare he say that when he almost killed me and Holly? How dare he even say that when he took her? After he betrayed me like that?!

"You are totally out of your mind if you think I would agree to something like that!" I snapped at him and that made him angrier. He growled at me and I returned the favor to him immediately.

"Listen to me, Calvin! This is for the better of the race!"

"How can killing your own flesh be the best for the race?!" I bellowed as I charged after him and he did the same. I delivered a well executed kick in which he blocked with his hand. He grunted as I withdrew and threw punches along the way. "How can killing me, Domovov and Colton be any better, Aldrich?! We were your sons!"

"And you are, still!" He shouted back as he blocked my punches and returned one with full force hat I staggered back with a split lip. He stormed towards me and couldn't stop me as he took me by the neck and slammed me three times on the metal wall.

"Don't you dare question my love for you, Calvin!"

Slam!

"Don't you dare say anything about the agenda because it's perfect!"

Slam!

"And don't you dare think that you would choose a lycan whòre over your own race!"

Slam!

Before he could grab me by my head and slam me face down on the ground, I managed to grab him in his shirt and dragged him down. Of course, Aldrich being good at anything, didn't let that happen. He managed to stay up but I had other plans; I threw my fist at his face with so much force I think I heard something break. He shouted seeming in Romanian before staggering back. I quickly stood up and punched him again on the head which sent him sprawling on the ground.

"Don't you dare!" I shouted as I grabbed him by the collar. "Don't you call her a whòre! She isn't a whòre, you mother fùcking mole!" Smack! "-Sonofabitch!" Smack! "-Fùcker!"

My fist came down forcefully in tach blow that I felt his head lol for a bit before grabbing my hands and throwing me six feet away by bringing up his palm in my chest. I groaned as I hit the ground. Shít, I thought as I grimaced. He used the palm of fury as Domovov and I coined; it is a special move only Aldrich can do. We used to stare in awe before when we were kids whenever he does that to bears and lions that leave them incapacitated for dinner. I struggled up but found pain whenever I did, making me groan and fall back down on the ground.

Shít, he broke some ribs.

Fùcking palm of fury. Fùcking Domovov for making such shít name.

"Why..." I wheezed as I tried standing up. "Why are you doing this, Aldrich? What more could you want?!"

"I want peace, Calvin!" He bellowed back to me. The whole room was silent except for my ragged breathing that came in shirt gasps. "I want peace for the vampire race! This is what Proteus and I planned. This is what we both wanted!"

"Peace?" Anger coursed into my veins as my head throbbed. "What fùcking peace are you talking about?! This is peace!"

He sneered at me. "This isn't peace, Calvin. This is just living trying to not die! Vampire lords torment everyone, not only lycans or humans, but their kind as well! Before Proteus died, we both had great visions! We wanted to destroy the vampire monarchy but before we could even do it, fùcking Gregory-Smith killed him. I know, Calvin. I know. I know Gregory-Smith killed them and I know someday you'd find out. I left killing him to you since you have more shit to pick out on him than I did. And you did! You set him on fire and killed him instantly!"

Wait...what? I didn't kill Gregory-Smith. I opened my mouth and was to speak about the matter when I realized something. If Aldrich didn't kill the old lycan...then there's something brewing in the rebellion. Someone has a different agenda.

Aldrich continued pacing around the room. "We need to kill vampire lords. Proteus didn't believe in killing vampire lords but I did. He tried...he tried submitting a law but I know it won't be honored. Vampire lords are proud creatures. They wouldn't want to be abdicated from their thrones. No. So, I took matters into my own hands. Your father and I... We were raised by humans. We were vampire slaves. We were abused and degraded when we were kids by vampire lords. Could you believe it, Calvin? Two vampire pure bloods abused! It was unheard of but we were. We grew older and watched numerous humans treated the same way we did but only worse. They were treated like animals; they eat in a a common bowl and they die in the worst way possible. Every night, we hear their screams, every night, we hear their cries. It was enough to drive both of us insane.

"Those were hard times, Calvin. Your father, it scarred him a lot. It scarred me too. That's why he tries protecting the human race in every way possible. That's why I decided I had enough and both of us decided to destroy everything. It was that one night when we killed everyone; every vampire lord who tormented us, humans and lycans alike. We freed thousands of innocent people but I know our souls will never be free from that wretched place. It branded us. It destroyed us completely. That's why I want the monarchy to end, one way or another. Even if it would mean me killing you, Calvin. Even if it meant killing you."

I was frozen in my spot, breathing heavily. So Domovov was right. He's insane. Totally not right in the head.

"You could do it the nice way," I coughed out. "But you chose to kill. You decided it was the best to imitate the monsters who captured you. Tell me Aldrich, how does it feel to know you have become a monster yourself? Killing your own sons? Threatening Domovov who loved you? Tormenting Colton and I, the boys who trusted you with everything we had? Tell me, Aldrich, when did you become the monster you are today?"

Aldrich gritted his teeth and gave a war cry before kicking me in the stomach. I rolled to my back and tried standing up again. I am done with him, so done with him!

Come on, Calvin. Holly needs you. I tired motivating myself and, surprisingly, it did wonders to me. I stood up, aching and bloodied, clutching the wall for support while e bítch stalked closer and closer to me. When he did, he delivered a well executed kick, once again, and I fell on my back.

"You little ingrate," he said as he kicked me again and my body rolled a few more cycles. I coughed out blood as I pushed myself off the ground. Come on, Calvin. Holly needs you.

"You want to know what I did to your little slave?"

The words froze my blood as I gritted my teeth at him. He just smiled wickedly as he bore his a fangs at me. "I forced her to her knees and took her in the mouth before fùcking her against the wall until she bled and screamed your name over and over again," my nostrils flared as my eyes fluctuated black. No, Calvin! He's testing you! He wanted you in rampage so that all rational thought may be unavailable. "It was the most pitiful thing I have seen. Call me a monster. Call me anything you want. I will end this monarchy whether you like it or not."

Clutching my broken ribs, I stood up, feeling the pain course right through my body. "I'm going to kill you," I hissed my vision darkening. "I will fùcking kill you!"

I charged to him and at that moment, I remembered something Gregory-Smith said in Mexico. Your enemies are stronger than you, young vampire lord. But you can be stronger the moment you realize it...

...Realize that the need to protect someone is stronger than any power there is. It will transform you. It will save you...

I don't care if it saved me.

As long as it saves her.

With renewed passion, I charged to him with outstretched hands. He held his ground and tried grabbing me by the wrist to stop my attack but I wouldn't have it; I am a man in a mission. His fingers caught my hand but I pushed through; I heard a few of his fingers crack at the intensity of the punch and knew that he must be in pain right now. So, taking the chance, I whipped my left hand and it hit him straight on the face with such force that I think he must have broken a few facial bones.

And, for the first time since I knew him, Aldrich fell down in defeat.

"I don't give a fùck," I started as I straddled him and punched him on the face repeatedly. "If-" crack! "-the race-" crack! "-dies out!" Crack!

I punched him one last time, his face all bruised and bloody as his breathing came on short gasps. "I don't care if the monarchy continues. What I care about-" I smacked him on the face again until he was whimpering "- is anyone touching what's mine. My Holly. In fact, you can kill Domovov or Colton but you will not touch her because you will get shít from me."

One final punch sealed his fate as blood pooled on the ground. I was panting really hard now, my knuckles bloodied and bruised. The room was silent. For once, only my heavy breathing existed. He isn't dead, that much I owe him. He did, after all, save me when I was a kid. He trained me. He loved me.

Suddenly, something hot fell on my face and I realized I was crying. The tears fell freely down into Aldrich's bloodied face and I couldn't help but feel despair wash over my anger in an instant. "How could you do this to me?" I said in a whisper as I furiously wiped my face with the sleeve of my shirt. "I loved you. I trusted you so much."

I gave him one final punch before standing up and walking away. Not once did I glance back to him; I wouldn't want to see him again and I'm sure the next time we face each other, it would be the last. I opened the door to another winding corridor and was met by ten werewolves and vampires who attacked immediately. My soul seems to be detached from reality and it seems that I flew in a bird's eye view; still shaken about Aldrich, I let myself grieve for the loss of a father while my body dealt with the threat.

Before I know it, blood spilled on the ground and I snapped back to my self. I eyed my surrounding and realized that I finished everyone; darn it, I almost went into rampage. If I don't get a hold of myself, I might kill Holly my own. I grumbled under my breath as I grimaced at the human parts surrounding the floor and the walls. Maybe Aldrich isn't the only monster around.

I continued walking towards the corridor and found five doors leading to god knows where. I bit my lip as I thought where the hell Holly could be. This fùcking thing is fùcking huge! Grumbling, I pushed the first door open and found stacks of weapons in walls and shelves. The second door sent chills down my spine as torture devices are hung into walls from spiked cages to a finger twister. I do hope none of these are used in Holly or they'd get another thing coming. I closed the door behind and pushed the next one only to see Harley Bracken suspended on midair.

I raised my eyebrows at the scene and whistled low. Now this is good torture, I mused to myself and contemplated on leaving him there. But he can be a good asset in keeping lycans and vampires from the rebellion in check while I busy myself with Holly, I realized. Sighing, I walked towards him and looked for a lever to bring him down.

"What are you doing here?"

I looked up to see him looking at me, his eyes intense as he sized me up. I'll have to admit, he's brave but still stupid. I rolled my eyes at the alpha lycan as I continued searching for the lever. "Where are they holding Holly?" I asked nonchalantly as I saw a control panel on the corner. Bingo.

He was quiet for a while as I tried decoding who the thing works. "Maybe she's being held on the farthest one. They hold all important hostages on that room."

I clicked my tongue and cursed; of course, that's where they're holding her. Haven't movies told me enough that the important ones are always on the farthest cell?

Oh wait, I don't watch movies. Go figure.

I pushed one green button and there was a mechanical sound before the metal holding him descended until his feet could reach the floor. When it stopped, I approached and quickly removed his bindings before turning my heel to leave.

"She's got you good too, didn't she?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned slightly around. "Got me what?"

He smirked, the blood crusting his face cracking. "Got you wrapped around her finger."

Silence.

"Don't make me want to kill you, Harley Bracken."

He scoffed as he stretched like a panther on a mission would do. "You're just scared on admitting it. Holly is a keep. I wouldn't want to waste that, if I were you. Oh, and a word of advice? Try to enjoy it while she still likes you."

I waved my finger at him. "She doesn't like me. She loves me."

Harley opened his mouth but closed it too. "Maybe she's blinded by the thought? You aren't as hot as me. Why would she like you?"

Okay, he's getting on my nerves. "I know what happened to your mate and believe me when I say this. You just feel guilty you weren't able to protect her so you're taking it out on Holly. You wanted her because she is exactly like your mate: an omega, abused and weak," I said and he growled at that ", but let me tell you this: stay away from her. She's mine."

"We'll see about that."

I narrowed my eyes at him. Maybe I could put back the metal and raise him again? But he could be a really good distraction, I thought. Finally deciding against it, I just scoffed at him and turned around. "Good luck with that, then," I said as I gave him the bird before slamming the door behind me.

Finding the farthest door, I opened it and light spilled on the deprived room. The odor was so overpowering that it knocked me back for a while. It smells of death, despair and hopelessness. I scrunched my nose and scanned to room until it landed on a bundle of white and green on the corner. My heart smashed against my diaphragm as I dashed to her and and cradled her head on my lap.

Holly's usually radiant face is now dull and pale and she looked like she had lost a lot of weight considering she's getting fatter. Her eyes were sunken and her skin looked pasty. She's dehydrated, that much I know judging by the look of it. I clutched her closer to me and felt her twitch and heard her whimper. Her glassy brown eyes were at me, judging to herself whether I was real or just an illusion.

I let a breath of air out. She's alive, at least. The silence stretched on as she continued staring at me; feeling self conscious, I decided to break her reverie. "Will you stop staring or do I need to slap you again?"

Her eyes snapped to me and I saw a myriad of emotions pass through her eyes before gasping and lifting a trembling hand to touch my face. As her skin met mine, intense anger surged through me as I thought of what she may behave been through. She doesn't smell like Aldrich and I'm thankful for that; it would mean that he lied about touching her. I watched as small tears coated her eyes which made my anger intensify.

"Cal...vin. I thought...I thought I wouldn't...wouldn't see you any...more."

"Shut up, Holly, you're going to lose more fluid than you already have and you look dehydrate," I snapped back at her, trying to reign my anger in. Assessing her wounds and split lip made me rethink, though as I muttered a small curse.

"I'm going to fùcking kill Aldrich for doing this to you."

She needed medical attention. I wrapped my arms around her back and behind her knees before lifting her up in the air and dashing out of the room. "You stubborn, stubborn little girl," I hissed at her as I pushed through the metal door. Her eye lids began falling and it isn't a good sign. Not one bit.

A bead of sweat rolled from my forehead and I wondered how long my muscles could lady at her weight. Not that she was that fat; it's just I've had a recent battle and I am starting to feel sore. I swear to anything holy that I'm going to treat myself with a relaxing massage after this ordeal.

Preferably by Holly.

"Calvin."

Her raspy voice brought me back to the present time and I glanced down at her direction to see her smiling at me as if nothing had happened at all.

"I love you."

My muscles creaked as I stopped abruptly, my eyes widening a fraction and surprise undertaking me. My Adam's apple bobbed up and down as I swallowed in any appropriate reply. What should I say to her? Argh! Stop making this so difficult, Holly!

"Goddamn it, Holly. This isn't a good time for your petty confessions."

"It's not petty..." She began pouting even though fatigue is obvious in just one glance from her. "I'm just saying it just in case I couldn't mak--"

I gritted my teeth at her suggestion an decided to cut her sentence. "You stop speaking right now or I'll shove a rag in your mouth." Dear god! My efforts would be in vain if she dies! So, she'd better stay alive or I'll pull her soul out of limbo before throttling her pretty, little neck.

"Calvin?"

"Mm-mm?" I replied reluctantly.

"You don't like me back?"

Silence. "I don't need to tell you unnecessary things at a time like this."

"Sometime after we got out here, then?"

A smile graced my lips as I thought about it. Well, at lease she's thinking positive. I sighed and looked down at her. "Maybe. Now, stop being a baby and stick around to find out."

She stared at me for a bit before smiling and nodding. Within a second, she lay asleep on my arms, looking vulnerable. I gritted my teeth as the mirth disappeared from my face only to be replaced by a stern look. A lot of people are going to pay, and a lot of them will be begging for their lives. I turned to the sharp curve and saw Harley Bracken leaning on the metal, tapping his foot on the process. When his eyes snapped to Holly in my arms, I saw his eyes widen before jogging towards me, looking concerned for a certain someone who is peacefully sleeping.

I tightened my grip at her and snarled at him inches before reaching us but the bastard didn't even send me a second glance. His eyes were solely on Holly as he stared at the small woman in my arms. "How is she?" He asked as his voice trembled at the thought. I rolled my eyes at him and fought back answering sarcastically.

"She's fine. Now, it would be fine if you'd lead a way out without distractions, preferably."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "How about you clear the road while I hold her? After all, you are a better fighter, right?" Sarcasm leaked off his voice and I gritted my teeth at the insolent alpha werewolf.

"How about we leave her in a corner while I rip your head off your shoulder, huh? That sounds more fun!" I said in mock entertainment in which he scowled. He glanced back at Holly before contemplating what to do; finally, he decided that it is best that I hold her while he clears the road. He muttered a small 'follow me' before dashing to the nearest door and throwing it open.

The large room where I fought Aldrich was surprisingly quiet; the traces of blood from our earlier tussle is still evident at the walls and the pipes that decorated the area. Thick pressurized gas leaked through tears from the pipes and the humid air began filling the air. However, the cause of my dismay and disappointment was the fact that the room was empty.

No Aldrich.

Shít.

Harley Bracken gave a low whistle as he glanced around the area and we continued moving. "What happened in here?" He asked as his eyes wandered around, noticing the bumps and dents with blood still leaking from it. I just pursed my lips and decided not to answer him.

"Fine, don't tell me," he hissed at me and I held my incoming smile.

Amusement fled as soon as I sobered from it and was replaced with fear and apprehension. Where the fùck is Aldrich?! Is he waiting from to he corner? Is he going attack at any minute now? I chewed on the inside of my mouth as I contemplated on what to do. Should I reroute? Change tactics?

I glanced up at Harley Bracken and saw him looking around, tensed but not too much. That thought sent a wave of relief. If he isn't tensed enough, I know he couldn't sense Aldrich around. I clenched my teeth; I should have killed the bastard.

But I owe him too much, I thought back and it made me more miserable. How could he do this? Just thinking of it made me want to throw something. Preferably not Holly who's sleeping in my arms. The tingling started in my eyes again and I scolded myself for being so weak; for one, he didn't raise a pùssy, that much I know. Harley Bracken glanced back at me and I prepared myself.

"We're having guests, Campbell," he said as footfalls were heard echoing through the cramped space of the corridor.

"You can handle them alright."

He scowled at me but didn't say anything as men emerged from the stairs leading up and began to blindly shoot anything. Bullets ricocheted against the walls while Bracken and I took cover behind metal pillars, preventing any bullets from hitting us. Bracken occupied the pillar opposite mine and I head him curse though the sound of bullets.

"Fùck," he hissed ", I didn't teach them to fùcking shoot like vampires on rampage! These men are going to die tonight!"

"Hey! That's not how a vampire lord goes rampage," I said, trying to lighten out the mood but he didn't have it. He glared at me before waiting for the ammo to run out and, eventually, it did. Once the shooting stopped, Harley Bracken jumped out of the pillar and shifted so fast that it seemed like an apparition; he attacked and growled at the men who screamed and scampered away like the cowards they are but found that they couldn't. Harley Bracken left no one behind as he captured every single man between his teeth and shook them until their limbs tore off their bodies before throwing it away like a used toy.

I grimaced at the amount of blood at the wall and at the stairs; well at least I wasn't that much of a messy eater, I thought to myself as I watched him destroy every single one of them. When the screaming ceased and the only sound to be heard is the panting of a dog, I walked out of the pillar and grimaced again.

I stepped towards the stairs, careful not to step on any pool of blood and flesh but found that it was entirely impossible. Finally, I gave up in avoiding the mess and stepped on it the pool of intestines he made; when I reached him, I kicked him on the foot and he snapped at my arm barely missing me by an inch.

"You suck," I muttered as I stepped up to the stairs while his eyes twinkled mischievously at me. The big dog climbed up the stairs without difficulty that I want to throttle him for making it look like a walk in the park. Everything was going according to my plan until we reached the deck where a fist came flying out of no where and hit me square in the jaw.

The sharp, white pain erupted in my cheek bones and neck as I was thrown off track, dropping Holly to the ground. I heard her groan and roll for a bit before I could hit the metal railing. Stars flew on my eyes as my head hit the rails all the while thinking that whoever had the audacity to punch me is going to die the worst possible death. I groaned as I tried standing up, craning my neck to check on Holly still slumped on the ground when another sharp pain erupted on my stomach and I doubled over.

Standing before me is one of the council members, Harrison. I've always hated this little shit; he grinned at me like a psycho as he delivered another well executed kick. I glanced at Harley Bracken and realized that he's battling Giovanni...still naked, may I add.

"Hello, Calvin," Harrison said as he sneered at me and picked me by the hair. Pain erupted on my scalp and I gritted the teeth in an attempt not to scream. "You're looking well today."

"Fùck you," I hissed as I took his arrogance as a chance to deliver a good blow in his ribs. He shouted some obscenities but didn't let me go. Still taking his vulnerability as a chance, I kneed him on the stomach and he, finally, let's go of me. I rolled away from him as fast as I could before he could grab me again; once satisfied of the safe distance, I crouched low and snarled at him, baring my fangs.

"You're going to fùcking pay for that," I hissed at him as I aimed for his jugular.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|HOLLY|

I tried opening my eyes but found it to be so difficult to do so. Still, I persevered and encouraged myself so hard that my eyelids began fluttering open. My throat was parched and my muscles, weak, but I tried my hardest to sit up, my elbows creaking at the pressure.

My hazy vision landed on Harley who was thrown on the wall so hard that the metal curved inward. His body landed on the ground and he hacked out blood. Standing on the edge is Giovanni, eyes red and fangs glimmering under the moon shine. He looked menacing and powerful that I feared for Harley. Still, everyone knows of how much Harley Bracken is a fighter; the alpha werewolf stood up, gritting his teeth at the vampire before crouching low and shifting to his wolf.

His midnight beast roared through the night which stopped every subordinates in whatever they were doing to gaze upon his powerful form. Harley is powerful. I could feel the pressure constricting me, making me submit to the more powerful lycan in the area. Giovanni and the rest of the vampires were, however, undeterred by the show of power. Giovanni just snarled back at him as he leapt through the air and attacked Harley who stood in his hind legs and swiped his claws to the incoming vampire.

On the corner to the right, I noticed Calvin. He was crouched low, facing a dark haired vampire who was grimacing at him. They leapt in the same time and met with a force to be reckoned with. While they were busy battling away, I tried to hold myself tight and alive as I tried to push myself to the safest spot possible. The metal singed my warm flesh and I welcomed it as my hazy vision stared ahead. Deep breaths produced clouds of respiration as I prayed that no one would look my way.

Unfortunately, however, I was spotted. I cursed out loud as a group emerging from the stairs that lead down glanced at me and shouted something before dashing towards me. I cast a quick glance at calvin and Harley who were too busy with their battles. Again, it is up to me to fight my own.

Before they could reach me, I leapt up the air and shifted, knowing that shifting while carrying a child doesn't harm the a baby unless proven otherwise. My shirt ripped into two as my paws landed on the metal ground all the while snarling at the people who threatened me. Two of them were smart, though, as they leapt and shifted, showing me their true potential. My hear hammered on my chest as I tried reigning in fear; I can't take down one lycan let alone two. I'm too weak for any of these shít.

My eyes snapped to Calvin's again and our gazes met. For a moment, everything stopped and it was just the two of us. There was too much emotions crossing through our eyes that I almost forget that we aren currently on battle; the snarling brought me back to reality as a wolf leapt to attack me.

I jumped away instantly but my legs gave out almost as fast as I could and I cascaded to the floor, my fur dampening from the sea water. Whimpering, I saw the other lycan seemingly laughing at me as they stepped closer; I cowered, pushing through the metal and drawing myself in the corner. My legs are weak; force them as I may, it wouldn't budge.

My eyes snapped to those of my would be murderers and it welled up in tears. Months ago, I would have begged for death, I would gladly welcome it. But now, I have something more precious to fight for. I want to live. I want to hold him or her.

I want to tell Calvin he's got bigger responsibilities.

I want to tell him I love him. Over and over again.

The lycan on the middle lifted its paws to strike when a figure knocked it off its track and the body of the lycan was thrown in the raging seas. Giovanni stood on the middle, bloodied and bruised as he smiled down at me. "You need to live, little Holly," he rasped out.

"You need to live for the vampire race."

A lycan snarled at Giovanni before leaping up in the air with jaws aimed at his neck. Giovanni avoided it easily before bringing down his fist on the head; the sound of skull cracking could be heard for miles. Seeing his betrayal, the group of lycan's began attacking him like rabid dogs while I stood there and watched.

Focused on Giovanni, I didn't notice a pair of hands enclose in my waist but knew that it was Harley almost immediately. I weakly put my snout in his chest smelling of blood and sweat. "Come on, Holly. Shift back. I need you lighter since I don't have my strength."

I obliged immediately and shrunk to my original size. My cheek rested on his chest and heard the beating of his heart as he assisted me away from Giovanni and his battle. "Shit," he said in awe as he glanced back a t Giovanni. "You've got a lot of men wrapped around your finger, huh?"

I cracked a smile at the comment and had the audacity to lightly slap him on the chest."S-Shut up," i said in a hoarse whisper as he lead me to the far end of the railing where no one is battling anyone. Before I could reach the sanctuary, however, a loud snarling was heard.

It happened so fast. At one minute, I was standing there beside Harley and the next, I was thrown down to the ground, once again, as Harley lets go of me and faced one snarling lycan who was almost as big as Harley.

An alpha.

My body skidded on the ground and I groaned as I hit the metal railing. The sea raged beneath me twenty feet down from where I lie. Immediately realizing the salience, I took the metal railing and tried my best to stand up, still naked in a four degrees Celsius weather, may I add. My teeth chattered as the cold metal did nothing but to help the chill as I gripped on it for support. "Calvin..." I rasped out as my throat felt like sand paper. My eyes scanned the area and saw none of the vampire lord of Winchester.

Taking small steps while gripping the railing, I frantically searched for him. "Calvin!" I shouted, this time, louder than before. Upon reaching the curve, I heard something crash and I immediately dragged myself to the direction. There, I saw Calvin against the same metal railing I was gripping on as he grimaced at his opponent. The raven haired man I've seen before was grinning at him like a fool even though he received the same wounds Calvin had.

My breath hitched as i assessed Calvin's wounds: his forehead was bleeding and his neck was bloodied that made me think his opponent either bit him or slashed him there. His shirt is ripped open revealing a long gash on the stomach dripping of blood and his face is caked with sweat, grime and more of his crusted blood. The raven haired man lifted his legs and stepped on Calvin's torso, making him cough blood and pinning him to the metal railing.

"Good bye, Calvin," his opponent rasped out as he lifted an axe I didn't see he held and aimed it down on the struggling Calvin who was pinned in the metal.

"CALVIN!"

I didn't think. I just acted. I'm sure I'd regret it later although I hope I would be able to live through this. I leapt to his attacker, throwing myself to the raven he aired man who snapped his attention back to me. A flash of red sliced at me as Calvin's eyes moved and widened in slow motion as I charged to his opponent. My bones creaked and my muscles strained under exhaustion but I forced myself and pushed it to the edge.

I jumped at the air and grabbed the man by his neck before throwing him off Calvin and into the sea.

Along with me.

As our bodies tangled into a mess and tipped into the edge of the railing, I caught sight of Calvin's surprised face and the sharp call of my name before I was plunged into the cold, dark water that engulfed me completely. I struggled really hard as the cold water immobilized my body, threatening to consume me whole.

I need to resurface! I thought as I pushed my arms up and down in an attempt to resurface only to have hands wrap into my waist, dragging me down into the deep abyss of the sea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29 1 1
Steampunk city with a type of regime, fantasy elements and vampires (a lot more like Alucard from Hellsing then this teen drama bullshiet) guy gets p...
343K 13.3K 35
This story is the sequel to my previous story "King of the Vamps". It would be beneficial to read that story first as you will be introduced to some...
237K 10.4K 26
I was rejected by my family, the pack members and my mate because I couldn't shift. On the day of my sister and mate's mating ceremony, My wolf, or...
3.4K 177 14
They were off limits. My brother's best friends; who are brothers themselves. Dark, broody, tatted and all kinds of mysterious. Did I mention they'r...