The Cinderella Punk

crazymeltzar tarafından

Meet Elle. She's nothing but a plain nerdy girl with over sized spectacles. Yeah, hard to believe. On top of... Daha Fazla

The Cinderella Punk [Edited]
Escaping the Monsters (edited)
A Fight to Remember (edited)
An Early Morning Surprise [part 1] (Edited)
An Early Morning Surprise [part 2] (Edited)
The people who care about you (Edited)
Why did he do that? [EDITED]
Come back to me [Edited]
The day just couldn't get any better [Edited]
Pain [Edited]
Nightmare [Edited]
Bloody broken glass [Edited]
Demon Mask [Edited]
Blue eyes, green eyes [Edited]
Scents [Edited]
Slip of the tongue [Edited]
Deadly Dance of the Demon [Edited]
Kidnapped [Edited]
Do you trust me? [Edited]
Do your trust me? [Part 2] [Edited]
Changed [Havoc's story] [Edited]
The Map [Edited]
The Library [Part 1] [Edited]
The Library [Part 2][Edited]
Danger in the maze [Edited]
Confessions [Edited]
Revealed [Edited]
Getting to know you [part 1] [Edited]
Getting to know you [part 2][Edited]
The Battle [Edited]
the Battle [part 2][Edited]
Mourning [Edited]
Friendship [Edited]
Jealousy
Miracle Part 1 [Edited]
Miracle Part 2 [Edited]
Relief and Pain Part 1 [Edited]
Relief and Pain Part 2 [Edited]
House not Home Part 1 [Edited]
House not home Part 2 [Edited]
Happily Never After [Edited]
Leave [Edited]
Heatwave Part 1 [Edited]
Heatwave Part 2 [Edited]
Epilogue [Edited]

The Garden Room [Edited]

1.1K 35 6
crazymeltzar tarafından

Hey guys!! so this is the next chapter! :D i won't be posting for a while cause im starting to get real busy again but i'l try to make time So very very sorry! :( well i hope you enjoy this next chapter. VOTE!! COMMENT! FAN!! 

24/1/2018

Edited version. Hope y'll enjoy it. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This passage was eerie and old. Moss green walls that were shiny and smooth with an uneven floor of rocks.  The shift of pressure in the passageway was less significant but I forced my senses to spread, scanning every rock before taking a step. However it was hard to keep my concentration when everything was so closed in, and the lack of fresh air was getting to me.

My hands clenched into fists. Havoc was walking behind me, his presence a constant reminder of the lonely ache in my chest. My hands balled into fists.

The walk was excruciating, not knowing when a trap might spring out at us. The hilt of my hunting knife became slick in my sweaty palms. I felt sweat trickle down my neck, the sensation giving me goose bumps.

Occasionally, I would jump over a rock our two when I felt the shift in pressure. I knew that those shifts were the only thing saving us from triggering another trap.

Screams penetrated the heavy silence. I smiled grimly to myself.  Fiona's men were having one heck of a party with those traps.

The sickening feeling at the pit of my stomach intensified as I wondered how those man had ended up here in the first place. It was possible that they had the copy of the map and had some how deciphered it. But how did they obtain it?

Instantly my brain went into hyper-drive, thinking of all the worst case scenarios that could have happened. Maybe she found the map first before me. Maybe she had the place scanned. 

 Suddenly I was jerked to a stop, the abrupt action jarring me out from my thoughts. I swiveled my head to the side and found that Havoc's hand was wrapped tightly around my upper arm. I frowned and looked up at him confused. In the darkness of the passageway, I could only see his eyes, glowing a brilliant blue at me.  

He leaned in close to me, putting a hand over my eyes while holding me tightly to him. My body instantly molded itself to fit his hard frame, my hands sliding over his hard, muscular chest to rest lightly on his broad shoulders.

I jerked in his arms, a small moan escaping my lips when I felt his cool, firm lips press against the hollow of my neck. His breath was hot against the bare skin on my neck, making me shiver in reaction. 

 He had such power over me, my beloved. One touch and he could drive every worry out of my head. I smiled wryly. Paradoxically, he was the center of all my worries.   

A swirl of his tongue above my rapidly beating pulse had the inferno in my body burning even hotter, driving even the insidious thoughts to a corner. My body trembled as his lips traveled slowly up my neck before he placed a soft kiss to my jaw. My fingers clenched around his shoulders, anchoring me to him, to his touch. 

"Havoc."

His touch centered me and I gripped the material of his shirt even tighter.

"Relax, my angel," his voice whispered in my ear. "Everything will be alright."

I opened my eyes when I felt the weight of his hands on my eyes disappear. I found him looking at me, a tender look in his eye.

"Havoc, you're back," I whispered as my heart tripped.

A confused look before his eyes softened. He ran his hand through my hair, to the small of my back, where he pulled me flush up against him. I ran my hand over the planes of his chest to rest right over his beating heart, the strong pulse calming me further.

"I never left," he replied, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

Smiling,  I lifted my mask up a fraction to press a kiss to his open palm. I saw his eyes blazed bright blue when I brushed my lips against his palm once more before letting it go, putting my mask back into place.

"Come. Let's go," I said softly, pulling him along with me.

The rest of the walk was tranquil. Havoc had effectively put my worries to bay. For the moment anyways. 

His strong, masculine scent made me calmer. I leaned into him a little and felt him wrap him arm around me. I rested my head against his shoulder and felt his hold on my tighten, his presence giving me strength.

My arm throbbed and burned but I ignored it and closed my eyes, savoring the moment I had in my soul mate's arms. These were the little times that we stole to be together, just to hold each other, even if we were in a death trap. To escape from the world even if it was for a moment.

Havoc, I want all the time I have with you. 

All of a sudden an odd smell hit me. I blinked a couple of times before taking  a small cautious sniff of the air. My eyes widened. 

It smelt like freshly cut grass. I watched as Lucas leaned forward, sniffing the air as well. He gave me a questioning look and I nodded in conformation. 

I tightened my hold on Havoc's hand before tipping my body forward and letting my legs carry the momentum of my fall as I raced forward, following the smell.

Havoc's grip on my hand never loosened as we flew though the passage way. Occasionally dodging spikes that stuck out from the walls. The torches gave off a weak light that illuminated the purple liquid dripping from the tip of the spikes; venom. 

It was a risk to be running in such a narrow passage way but I wanted to get to the room as fast as possible. The feeling that engulfed me was so strong and with every step I took, it intensified. When I saw the opening in front of me with the light pouring through it, I smiled.

We burst into the room, the sudden change in light intensity made me close my eyes. When I could finally open them, I blinked to clear my vision and felt my eyes widen in shock. 

The room was beautiful. Flowers of all kinds, colours and shapes were grown at every square inch of the room. Vines with a plethora of different coloured roses crept up the walls of the room. There was neatly cut grass covering every inch of the floor and butterflies were fluttering from one flower to another. 

The sudden change in atmosphere left me slightly dazed. The room reminded me of the garden that used to be at the back of my house. The garden me and Daddy grew together. A sense of nostalgia hit me.

Of course it would be the same. Daddy made this room.

Suddenly the floor started to shake violently, dislodging the little rocks on the ground. I wobbled unsteadily on feet before Havoc caught me around the waist to pull me to him. I glanced up at him gratefully before turning to look as the ground opened up in the middle of the room.

Mist came out from the hole in the ground and mysteriously started to creep across the floor of the room. A shudder ran through me as we braced ourselves for the danger that was coming. 

But what rose out from the depth of the hole had my eyes widening in astonishment.

A massive diamond statue of a stag that towered at least three meters high rose majestically out from the hole, its front legs raise as if to paw at an unseen enemy.  The diamonds on its body glittered invitingly. Its beautiful head was thrown back slightly, making its stance regal. Its antlers were pure silver, branching out into a magnificent crown.

"Wow," I heard the two men gasp, making me smile in response. I couldn't agree more.

Indeed it was breath-taking. Every thing about it was absolutely enchanting. So much so that I felt compelled to go up to it and just stare at it forever. And why not? I could just stay here in its magically presence. I could even die here.

"Angel?"

The pressure on my arm and his velvet voice jerked me back to reality and I found that I had already taken a few steps towards the statue, my hand outstretched towards it. My heart jumped out of my chest as his electric gaze punched through me. 

"Angel snap out of it," Havoc snapped, shifting himself so that he was in front of me. 

The moment he blocked my line of vision, I felt like I could breathe again. My lungs burned for air and I shuddered as my fingers curled around his muscular arms, my head against his chest. 

"There's something odd about that statue. It's like its hypnotizing you," he growled, his chest rumbling beneath my cheek.

Even in anger did he hold me gently to him.

"It's like its calling out to me," I whispered, my voice shaking. "Like it wants me to go there, to be with it."

 Havoc stiffened and pulled me away slightly to look down into my eyes. "Let's get out of here, baby."

I was about to agree with him when I felt a hard punch to my gut. The breath was knocked out of me as I doubled over, my hands clutching my abdomen.

"Angel!"

I wheezed in a breath but the compulsion to go to the stag had latched on to me, the pull so strong, I literally felt like I was being pulled to the stag.

Elizabeth.

I shivered as a hauntingly beautiful voice called out to me. I clenched my teeth, refusing the call. But the moment I did, I felt like a dagger had been plunged into my heart. 

A cry of pain that would not escape my lips. I threw my head back as my knees buckled beneath me. From a distant I heard Havoc's distressed shout but the voice it drowned out all sound. 

"I need to go there Havoc," I croaked, my voice straining as I held on to his strong arms, struggling to stay upright.

I had to go because for every second that ticked by, my pain intensified. I couldn't hear what he was saying, every sound around me muffled but I see the intense worry in his eyes.  He lifted his hand to push my heavy hair away from my face. Instinctively, I leaned into the palm of his hand, finding comfort in his strong touch.

A stab and I cried out, my hand clutching in his shirt, my eyes watering. His arms tightened around my arms, his grip bruising.

"Please," I whispered.

His eyes flared for a moment before I saw pain mar the clarity of his eyes. My heart clenched. He should not need to protect me. But that was what he was doing. The keeper of my heart.

A heart beat later and he slowly released his hold on me. The lack of touch left me desolate but I gritted my teeth, focusing on bringing strength back to my legs. I watched as Havoc shifted slowly away from me. My flight instincts screamed to me to get out of the room but the desire to go to the stag was too much to ignore. 

When the stag was in my line of sight again, the feeling of being in a trance engulfed me again. My body became rigid and I walked forward zombie-like through the flowers. My heart thundered in my chest as I loss control of my body. It was like I was a puppet, walking mindlessly to the tune of the puppeteer.

Finally you have come.

I heard the silky voice in my head again. The voice of a maiden. She sounded so familiar. Like I knew her before. I could hear her sigh in my head.

I have been waiting for so long. I am so proud that you have made it this far.

Those words unexpectedly warmed my heart as a feeling of nostalgia flowed through me. When I finally reached the diamond stag, I was propelled to place both my hands on it. The moment my hands touched the rough surface of the statue, I was overcome by the urge to close my eyes. 

Slowly my eyes drifted close, as if a heavy weight was pressing down on it. When my eyes flutter shut, an intense pulse of heat seared through my hand. The heat intensified until it became so unbearably hot I wanted to pull my hand away. But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't. It was as if a force was holding me to the stag. I started to panic, my demon roared at me, trying to pry us away from the statue.

I heard someone call out to me but the sound was muffled. I tried to pry my eyes open but to no avail. My heart pounded against my chest, the blood rushing to my hands. I felt like my hands were being burnt. The pain was excruciating that I threw my head back and cried out. Tears streamed down my face as I pulled harder, trying to escape the torment.

Do not fight it my dear, embrace it.

The voiced echoed in my head, breaking through the veil of panic.

I sucked in a deep breath and tried to calm my wildly beating heart. Wanting desperately for the pain to stop, I allowed the heat to flow through me, into me. I forced my tense muscles to relax one by one, emptying my thoughts to allow serenity to fill me.

The heat suddenly turned warm then cold, a balm to my brunt flesh. I shuddered as the feeling of being enveloped in warmth passed over my skin like a caress. All of a sudden, there was a burst of white light behind my eyes. I gasped in shock, my body jerking in reflex.

When the light finally subsided, I was shocked at what I saw, or what I thought I saw. 

A vision of a women with bronze hair came towards me. Her eyes were dark brown and her lips were blood red. Her smile was beautiful as her milky white face. Her elegant green dress was draped over her slender body, falling behind her in a cascade of fabric as she walked. On her head were a chain of daisies, braided immaculately into her silky hair. 

She was a vision of beauty and perfection, and I could only stare in awe as she made her way slowly to me. She smiled at me, giving me a clear view of her pearly white teeth.

Elizabeth, so long have I waited for you.

Tears filled my eyes as recognition slowly came to me.

She gave me a tender smile and cupped my cheek in her hand. I watched awestruck as she pulled my mask away from my face. The action was so tender, so careful. She place the mask on my lap and traced the sides of my face. A soft smile played on her lips, her eyes tender.

You have grown up to be very beautiful, my dear.

Crying out, I jumped into the arms of the woman whom I had never met since birth, the woman who held my father's heart, even till the day he passed away.

"I've always wanted to see you," I cried shamelessly. "I missed you so much, Mom."

She stroked my hair gently as she hugged me to her.

I have always wanted to see you too, my love.

I cried harder at her words. My tears were those of longing, of loneliness, of love. For so long had I dreamed of being able to meet my mother. 

I missed my parents sorely. To be able to hold and be held was a miracle I didn't believe could ever happen. I didn't know how long I spent wrapped in my mother's arms but I didn't want to leave, didn't want this illusion to end.

My dear Elizabeth. 

I pulled away slightly from the embrace, rubbing the tears from my cheeks, sobbing through the tightness in my chest.

"Why Mom? Why is all this happening to me? Why am I always in pain? Why can't I just stop feeling all this?"

My mother smiled sadly at me, reaching out to caress the crown of my head gently.

I've been looking out for you all your life, love. Everything is falling into its place now. I'm sorry you had to go through all the pain. I wanted to spare you that if I could.

I shook my head.

"It's not your fault," I sniffed, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hands.

A gentle smile tinged with sadness as she cupped my face.

I'm afraid that more hardship will be coming your way, my love. But in time you will find peace. You are destined for greatness Elizabeth.

Blinking incredulously, I looked at her in disbelief. How can I be destined for greatness?

 I was a cursed with a sealed fate keeping me away from the ones I loved, putting them in constant danger, taking them away from me. My whole life had been overshadowed by darkness, my hands coated in blood. How could someone like me be destined for greatness?

Surely not everything is a curse, my mother reminded gently.

A pause before a small smile curved my lips. "Yes. I have many miracles among the curses."

It was the mere reminder of him, my beloved, that stole the light into the darkness. It was the precious memories that he had given me that reminded me of who I could be. Who I chose to be. And for him would I find the strength and courage to fight.

Indeed. We are who we choose to be, Elizabeth.

Taking in a deep breath to center myself, I reminded myself again; that I was to bring Fiona down. That was my unshakable resolve. And with my mother's words, I was determined that no more harm would come to those I loved. 

Facing my mother squarely in the face, I pleaded to her,"I'm finding a book, mother. Please you need to tell me where it is. I need it to bring Fiona down." And to protect everyone.

A shake of her head as she transfered her hold to grasp my hand between hers.

The book is merely an aid. Find the answer within yourself. You know the true key.

I looked at her confused. So the Book wasn't the key? I frowned, unable to comprehend the information. Then what was the key? My mother leaned forward towards me a planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

I must go now, my love.

I started, my eyes filling with tears. 

"No, mom, please, don't go," I whispered, my voice cracking with sorrow. "Please stay with me."

A final kiss to my cheek. 

I love you, Elizabeth.  A gentle smile as her fingers slipped from my cheeks. We'll be waiting for you in the field of flower. But take your time to join us.

And with that, there was a burst of light that blinded me momentarily. I covered my eyes instinctively and felt myself being thrown backwards. The force was so much that the breath was knocked out from me.

I felt like I was falling, falling through an endless abyss. Everywhere I looked, was only white, nothing else. I felt myself start to panic as I tried uselessly to grab onto something, anything, that would stop me from falling. My breathing came in harsh gasps, my lungs felt like they were being compressed. Oh God, it was so hard to breathe. I kicked my legs, trying to push myself up but the weight on my chest continued to push me down.

"Angel! Open your eyes! Look at me!"

My eyes widened and my heart began to beat faster when that voice, that familiar beautiful voice, pierced though the fog of panic in my mind. It called to me, the voice sounding terrified, desperate. I tried to reach for it, my hands reaching out as if I could grab on to it. Using it as a guide for me to surface from this white abyss.

"Angel stay with  me baby, please," the voice begged me.

Those words were enough to make me fight my way out. I struggled against the invisible bonds that held me. I was not going to leave him. Never. I had made a vow and was I sure as hell am going to keep it.

 So I clawed my way up to the surface. Pushing through layers and layers of thick dough-like surfaces. I was not going to go down here. I needed to be with him. 

With a final burst of energy, I was finally able to break through the surface. My eyes flew open and I gasped for air. My lungs burned and my heart was beating too fast in my chest.

"Angel!"

I felt myself being enveloped in his embrace. It took me a while to figure out where I was but when I finally came around, I wrapped my arms around him, holding him to me. I heard his sigh of relief as he hugged me harder to his chest. Tears stream down my face and I sobbed into his chest. The pain in my arm and the shock of all the events that happened was finally sinking in.

"Shhh... Come on baby, don't cry. You're breaking my heart," he whispered in my ear, rubbing my back.

I just clung him, the sobs muffled by his chest. Whatever my mother said had stuck the cord of terror within me. 

'More hardships will come your way.'

I was afraid and sad. It seemed like I didn't have much time left with him. But I didn't want to leave him, I didn't want to leave this embrace.

"Don't ever scare me again like that. Its twice now in a lifetime. I'm going to have gray hair soon," Havoc whispered against my hair.

I gave a shaky laugh as I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. I inhaled his scent, trying to calm myself.

"Twice?" I whispered into his ear.

"Yeah twice. The first was when you came back to the Ring all bloody with glass sticking out from your skin," he whispered into my ear, his voice breaking at the end.

I could feel him shudder and I hugged him closer to me. That would not be the only time, I thought.

"Forgive me," I whispered as grief and anguish tore the wound in my heart anew.

That was all I could say to him. I could not give him anything more than an apology. That was the way it was. 

"There is nothing to forgive," he replied gently, wiping the tears that had pooled around my eyes. 

I couldn't reply, emotion burning my throat.

"We should get out of here fast," I heard Lucas say.

Havoc nodded in agreement and help me up to my feet. My knees were shaking as was my whole body. I took in a deep breath to compose myself. I couldn't break. Not now when these men depended on me. When we had to get through this hell.

I looked down at my arm. A small stream of blood was flowing steadily from the wound, staining the make-shift bandage. Havoc followed my gaze, sucking in a breath as he saw the soaked cloth.

"The bleeding hasn't stopped," Havoc muttered worriedly, leaning down to examine my wound.

I just stared mutely at him, unable to do anything as he unwrapped the stained cloth from around my arm. He took my bag that was thrown carelessly on the floor and rummaged through it. I watched as his eye sparkled in triumph when he fished out my bottle. 

He took my arm gently and poured the water on the open wound. I hissed in pain but stayed still as he continued to clean my wound. He plucked a leaf from a nearby tree and placed it gently on the wound. He then ripped my torn sleeve to wrap around my arm. The leaf was cooling to the skin, effectively numbing some of the pain.

My heart swelled every time he looked after me. The little things he did to take care of me, the words he said, his emotions that blazed from his eyes, all of it were precious fragments that were sealed in my heart for all time. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I reached out to intertwine my fingers with his.

  "Thank you."  

"Anytime," he replied, brushing a lock of hair away from my face.

"What happened Angel? There was a bright flash of light and then you just passed out," Lucas asked, concern clear in his voice as he took my other hand in his. "Your breathing was so shallow, we were afraid for you."

His eyes were filled with concern, with fear. I gripped his hand harder in reassurance.

"It's something I cannot say," I replied slowly, regret coloring my tone.

Both men exchanged a look with each other, before nodding slowly in acceptance. Relieved, I turned to face the exit. Tugging on Havoc hand, we then made our way out of the Garden room.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

955 30 11
Sally Starlet has lots of friends in the neighborhood! Especially Julie Joyful being one of her friends, but Julie has been keeping a secret From her...
3.9K 342 39
"I'm starting to question if we met... On purpose. Through Fate... Or whatever." Crossing the line - A story about two girls who were almost swapped...
473K 23.4K 65
"Do you remember calling me 'mate?'" he asked softly, pushing her wild curls away from her face. She blushed deeply, but he wouldn't let her look awa...
36.5K 1.4K 8
The last thing Harry wanted was to spend his entire summer stuck with his dad's new fiancée and her kids. He wants no more when he learns she's a ver...