©Soulmates | Dramione

By aleiawritesss

"Ms Granger, I want you to marry my son" -Narcissa Malfoy Graduating from Hogwarts five years ago, Hermione t... More

1. New Life
2. Breaking Rules
3. Coincidence
4. The Mark
5. An Order
6. Real Friends
7. An Invitation
8. Make Up
9. Dinner with Malfoys
10. The Truth
11. Bits of Delight
12. Final Decision
13. Confused
14. The Request
15. Hermione Malfoy
16. Threat
17. Boundaries
18. Everything Went Wrong
19. The Burrow
20. Sectumsempra
21. The Only Way
22. The Feelings
23. Pain of the Scar
24. 20 Questions
25. Congratulations
26. What's Your Wish
27. Magical Letters
28. Beautiful Christmas
29. Only One
30. The Nightmare
31. Greatest Worry
32. Big Fight
33. The Discussion
34. Happy News
35. Daily Prophet
36. The Only Solution
37. Malfoy Manor
38. Sisters in Duel
39. Blood Purity
40. Blood Purity (2)
42. New House
43. Missing
44. The Constellations
45. Headquarters
46. Little Scorpius
47. Mosmorde
48. Presence
49. Smoke of Help
50. Anti-Muggle Wards
51. Death Eater
52. Go Home
53. Killing Curse
54. Untold Confession
55. Arrest
56. Apart
57. Grimmauld Place
58. Harry's Help
59. Ministry of Magic
60. Promise
61. Return
62. Possessive
63. Free
64. Soulmates

41. Blood Purity (3)

1.8K 37 1
By aleiawritesss

Draco's eyes were wide opened. His silver grey eyes wandered around the room, staring at the constellations on the ceiling. He glanced at Hermione who was snoring softly next to him, her calm breath tickling his bare chest. The rain was pouring heavily outside, making it even harder for him to sleep in the gloomy atmosphere. Random thoughts were flying inside his head, deteriorating his already unstable sleeping routine. Draco let out a defeated sigh before stepping out from the bed.

He slipped into his sweatpants and took his wand at the bedside table. Glancing at the clock, it was ticking to 3.00 am. He put the blanket on Hermione's silhoutte carefully, didnt have any intention to wake her up. He unlocked the door and strolled out from the room slowly. He whispered the Warming Charms to prevent himself from freezing because of the chilly weather and the rain pouring outside. He could see the rain and snow pouring heavily outside from the windowsill. The ground was flooded with thick snow which he was sure he had to clean it all up in the morning.

"Lumos"

He strolled downstairs, contemplating the portraits of the ancestors of Malfoy down the stairs. All of his ancestors were slumbering in their royal looking portraits. As he strode down to the end of the stairs, he caught a bright light from the kitchen. Suspicion overwhelming him, he casted Nox and kept his wand to his side. His eyes flickered around, thinking who would be awake at such hour with the crazy temperature outside. He stepped into the kitchen and found a familiar figure with a long wavy black hair wearing floral sleeping dress. He took a breath of relief.

"You?"

"What the hell? Why are you here?" 

Andromeda jerked to the back, the ladle she was holding flew across the kitchen. Draco quickly put on the Levitating Charm to avoid the ladle from hitting him. His eyes snapped at Andromeda angrily. Andromeda scowled at him before summoning the ladle back to her. She continued to focus on the potion she was making. Draco's eyebrows knitted, questioning the weird act of his Aunt. He sat at the countertop in front of Andromeda, observing the potion.

"What are you making?" he asked with a smirk.

"Didn't Hogwarts teach you potions?" the older woman replied with sarcasm.

"Just tell me"

"Cough potion. For your mother"

Draco frowned at Andromeda's words. His eyes snapped to the ingredients next to the cauldron pot. Sweats were trickling down Andromeda's forehead, the heat of the potion in the cauldron was steaming her face. Draco observed her quietly as he shook his legs against the cabinet below the countertops. Andromeda's brows knitted in annoyance, she scowled at her nephew before pouring the potion into a golden goblet. 

"Why are you up at such hour, Draco?"

"I can't sleep"

"Okay, but why did you come into the kitchen?"

"Well, I wasn't planning, but I saw the light"

"Okay, do you need anything?"

"Don't try to act so decent to me"

Andromeda gave Draco a dirty look before cleaning all of the utensils with Cleaning Charms. She muttered Scourgify under her breath while observing her nephew. She placed the goblet on the other table and sat down, her eyes scanning the words written in the book in front of her. She was trying to distract herself from the disturbing presence of her annoying and insolent nephew. Draco pulled out the chair and sat in front of Andromeda.

"What do you want, Draco? If there's nothing, go to bed"

"Chill. Why did you make the potion for mother?"

"Florian attacked her the other day and it somehow affected her a bit. She's been coughing these few days"

"Is it bad?" Draco asked, concerned about his mother.

"Not really. I'm just worried"

Andromeda continued to stick her nose at the thick book in front of her. She knew Draco was trying to ask her something, but he couldn't figure out the exact way to say it. Or maybe, a decent way to ask her. Draco tapped his fingers several times on the table, disturbing Andromeda who was trying to focus on the book she was reading. She sighed before meeting the grey eyes again.

"What is it, Draco?"

'Um, well. I was just curious. Did mother tell you about she wanted to stay here after all the cleanings?"

"Yeah. She did tell me about that"

"Did you agree? I mean, with the Ministry gits targeting all of the former Death Eaters"

"I don't see any problem with her staying here. Well, it's her house after all. But, you've got a point. It's too dangerous for her to stay here. I don't like the idea, but you know my sister. She's stubborn"

"Something in the Black bloodline, huh?"

Andromeda chuckled at Draco's words. It felt comfortable talking like this. With no yells of fury, no swearing words or immature insults. Draco looked like a decent young man when he talked like that, which is surprisingly good to Andromeda. Well, she can't deny Draco was still wearing the stern look, but it seemed serene to talk to him like this. As if they both were already good to each other. Draco snapped a look at his Aunt.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Well, if it's important"

"Um, I don't know how to ask this in a decent way, but- why did you marry Ted? I mean, why did you choose a Muggle-born instead of your own family?"

Andromeda smiled slightly. She knew he was going to have the intention to ask her, but she didn't know it was going to be this soon. It was a lie if she said she wasn't offended with the question, it was something she tried to forget whole these decades. Her brown eyes met Draco's. The young man was waiting for her words with curiosity written all over his face.

"Love, I think? When you're in love, you tend to do the craziest thing that sometimes you can't even believe you did. I love my family, but I don't like the way about them being prejudiced towards the bloodlines. I wanted to change that, I wanted them to see the difference. I want them to see Muggle-born are decent human beings"

"How did they find out?"

"I asked Bella to take me there. Cissy tried to stop us, but I saw no point in her doing that"

"Oh"

Draco didn't know what to say. He wasn't really close with Bellatrix when he was younger. That woman was mentally unstable and he didn't think he wanted to go near her. Narcissa did tell him few things about her sisters, but she didn't mention much about Andromeda. It was always Bellatrix that he sometimes forgot his mother got another sister. But, for these few days, he could tell Narcissa and Andromeda were actually quite close to each other. Draco looked up to his Aunt who was looking around at the kitchen.

"How.. how did it feel when your family disowned you?"

"Sad, angry. I was born with the thoughts to make my parents proud. I thought I could change their perspective, but I was wrong"

There was a sad glint in her eyes before she blinked away. It must be painful for her to be disowned by a family who went against her own love life. Draco chewed the inside of his mouth, hesitating to ask another question related to his Aunt's family. He gave a quick thought about his insolent behavior towards Andromeda few days ago when all she did was trying to be nice to him. Draco took a deep sigh, knowing he's not gonna like this.

"I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"I was acting so rude towards you these days and didn't even thank you for helping us escape from the Aurors. I insulted you for marrying the guy you love too. I'm sorry for all that"

"You're forgiven. You know, I would probably act the same if I don't know the real you"

They both smiled at each other, telling that they were now in good terms. Draco started thinking about the attack with the Ministry Aurors the other day. He thought about the notes he has been scribbling the other day for his perfect plan to turn himself to the Ministry while keeping Narcissa and Hermione untouched. He looked up at Andromeda, his face expressed seriousness this time.

"I need you help"

"What is it?"

"Hide mother and Hermione from the Ministry"

"What? What do you mean?"

"Take them somewhere far from here. Somewhere far from the Wizarding World"

"Draco, speak clearly. Are you planning something?"

"Aunt Andy. The Ministry won't stop. They will hunt down every single former Death Eaters out there including me. Mother is not a Death Eater and she was never one. I don't want her to step into Azkaban when she never did any bidding to Voldemort. Help me. Help me hide them"

"You're telling me you're going to turn yourself to the Ministry? Draco, no. My help would go in vain if you ended up in Azkaban"

"I was a Death Eater and everyone knows, Aunt. I will come back in one piece. You don't have to worry"

"Draco, Hermione is preg-"

"Please"

Andromeda looked at the eyes of her nephew. Draco seemed determined to protect his family. But, thinking about his crazy plan of turning himself to the Ministry, she can't help but to object the plan completely. She couldn't imagine what will happen to both Hermione and Narcissa if Draco went to Azkaban. They would probably be devastated with his decisions. Draco gave her a very determined pleading look, telling her he won't back away from his plan.

Andromeda didn't want to help her nephew in his suicide plan. She can't help him. Hermione was pregnant and to let the young witch grow her unborn child alone, away from the kid's father just didn't make any sense to her. She didn't want to see another child being raised without their parents like Teddy. Andromeda looked at Draco.

"I can't help you, Draco"

"Please, just this once. This is the only way to keep them safe"

"How about you, Draco?"

"I'll be fine. Maybe I can also find another way to change to a better life"

Draco gave his aunt a reassuring smile. Andromeda replied with a hesitant smile. Her eyes followed the figure of the blonde man who left the kitchen without saying any other words. Andromeda sighed and leaned against the chair, thinking about the unclear plan of Draco. She could see the determination in his eyes to protect both Narcissa and Hermione. She could see his love for both women. She looked down, rethinking about her decision.

********
Last part for Blood Purity!

I hope everyone is doing well today!

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 171 28
"But all those things you said to me." "It was all just a mask Hermione," I told her, "I had to say those things. I had to, because..." I thought abo...
311K 8.6K 41
《☆COMPLETED☆》 Most impressive Ranking: #1 in dramione (21 October, 2020) #5 in Faith (2 November, 2020) •Synopsis• Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger...
4.7M 134K 121
[ completed] In their four years of knowing each other, Draco Malfoy and Amora Buckley have never managed to see eye to eye. However, when the pair a...
156K 4.5K 29
A few years after the Battle of Hogwarts everybody is trying hard to recover from their losses and survive with the memories. What happens when Narci...