©Soulmates | Dramione

By aleiawritesss

"Ms Granger, I want you to marry my son" -Narcissa Malfoy Graduating from Hogwarts five years ago, Hermione t... More

1. New Life
2. Breaking Rules
3. Coincidence
4. The Mark
5. An Order
6. Real Friends
7. An Invitation
8. Make Up
9. Dinner with Malfoys
10. The Truth
11. Bits of Delight
12. Final Decision
13. Confused
14. The Request
15. Hermione Malfoy
16. Threat
17. Boundaries
18. Everything Went Wrong
19. The Burrow
20. Sectumsempra
21. The Only Way
22. The Feelings
23. Pain of the Scar
24. 20 Questions
25. Congratulations
26. What's Your Wish
27. Magical Letters
28. Beautiful Christmas
29. Only One
30. The Nightmare
31. Greatest Worry
32. Big Fight
33. The Discussion
34. Happy News
35. Daily Prophet
36. The Only Solution
37. Malfoy Manor
38. Sisters in Duel
39. Blood Purity
41. Blood Purity (3)
42. New House
43. Missing
44. The Constellations
45. Headquarters
46. Little Scorpius
47. Mosmorde
48. Presence
49. Smoke of Help
50. Anti-Muggle Wards
51. Death Eater
52. Go Home
53. Killing Curse
54. Untold Confession
55. Arrest
56. Apart
57. Grimmauld Place
58. Harry's Help
59. Ministry of Magic
60. Promise
61. Return
62. Possessive
63. Free
64. Soulmates

40. Blood Purity (2)

1.8K 39 0
By aleiawritesss

It's been 2 days since Hermione gained her full consciousness, it's been 4 days since Draco and Andromeda had their little argument and it's been less than a week since the attack. Narcissa and Andromeda decided to clean up the Manor before moving in again. Draco was so furious about his mother's decision about moving back to Malfoy Manor.

Draco thought it would be best for Narcissa to just stay in her Manor in Muggle London instead of staying in Malfoy Manor because their family name has been tainted severely. With Lucius in Azkaban, and they escaped their capture days ago, it would only touch another nerve in the stupid Ministry gits. He snapped his eyes at Hermione who was lying down on the bed. She looked slightly better compared to the other day.

"You're done?" he looked at Andromeda who was checking Hermione.

"Yeah. Get in. She surely had something to say to you" Andromeda said coldly.

"Sod off, woman"

Draco hit Andromeda's shoulder intentionally, trying to piss the older woman off so she could get back at him and attack another Sectumsempra just like Potter did to him during school years. He slammed the door right in front of Andromeda's face before turning to look at Hermione. She gave a little weak smile before offering him the vacant space next to her. Draco carefully lied down on the bed, making sure he didn't hurt her.

"Where are we?"

"Malfoy Manor. Andromeda didn't tell you?"

"I didn't ask. And why did you call her like that? She's your Aunt"

"That's her name. What's the matter?"

An annoyed scowl was shown on Draco's face. He had no idea that Hermione would be asking about his only living Aunt after Bellatrix. Hermione giggled softly at Draco's annoyed look. She literally had no clue that they both hated each other when they barely knew each other. She moved a bit closer to Draco and let him place his hand on her tummy.

"She's still your Aunt. You don't like her?"

"I hate her. I really hate her"

"You just met her few days ago and you already hate her? You both barely knew each other"

"I guessed she knew me well. She can handle my words easily"

"That's not my point, idiot. Where's your respect? She's your Aunt and she saved our lives. I think I would probably be dead if she wasn't there to levitate me to the corner"

"Not that I asked her to come"

Hermione sighed. She knew Draco still had that pride in him. She didn't ask Andromeda much questions but she did asked Narcissa a few. Narcissa clearly stated that Draco and Andromeda have been bickering daily since she started helping him with his injuries. She didn't really care about the arguments part, but knowing that Draco literally had the guts to call his own Aunt who helped him a Blood Traitor pissed her off so much. That woman literally saved his life.

"You called her Blood Traitor, right?"

"Baby, I don't wanna discuss about this"

"Answer me, Draco. You did that?"

"Fine. Yes, I called her that. What's it got to do with you?"

"Did you forget I'm a Muggle-born? Just like Ted? Why is she a Blood Traitor and you are not?"

"What? Because I didn't leave my family but she did. She chose someone who her family didn't approve"

Hermione gave Draco a dirty look, can't believe with what he just said. She realized that Draco was trying to show the point of Narcissa choosing her for him, while Andromeda left her family for Ted. And for her, that was one foolish point he could ever try to highlight. She had no idea why would he loathe the woman so much when they're from the same family. Hermione tilted her head to look at her husband.

"You only hate her for that?"

"Why would you ask?"

"Draco, you've never met Ted. I met him once and he's a very good person. Can't you see? Andromeda loves Ted. People tend to do the craziest thing when it comes to love"

"Like what?"

"I will just let you think about it yourself"

Draco gave Hermione a scowl before silence took over their conversation. Draco started to think back about Hermione's words. As much as how he didn't want to recall it, but the back of his mind forced him to. He knew that him and Andromeda weren't that different. They both married Muggle-borns. The only difference was Andromeda left the family and he didn't. And the realization hit him.

Narcissa went against Lucius to make sure he married Hermione. But, the question is, why would she do that? She loathed Muggle-borns during her school days. She taught him to hate on Muggles and Muggle-born. He didn't really think his mother like another Muggle-born, but, what's the difference of Hermione? Why did she choose Hermione, a Gryffindor, a Muggle-born for him? Why isn't it any Slytherin Pureblood girls? Why did Narcissa go against Lucius even if she loved him?

Love.

Narcissa loves Draco more than everything. Draco is her priority. Just like Andromeda. Andromeda loves Ted, even after his death. There's no difference in blood. It didn't matter anymore about being Pure-blood, Half-blood or Muggle-born. They're all the same. All blood types are pure. He was being brainwashed whole this time to hate on Muggles and Muggle-borns by his family. There's no difference about blood purity. It's about the bond of the family. The decency of the people to believe that all blood types are good people is hard because most of the Pure-blooded kids still think the same way just like their parents.

"My mother loves me?"

"Always, Draco. He wanted to see you happy. Well, even if I don't have any idea why is it me, but everything happened for a reason right?"

"You're right, and I love you" a tint of pink rose onto his cheeks. Hermione chuckled.

"I love you too"

Draco embraced his arms around Hermione's waist, leaning in to kiss her lips. He reminded himself to be careful to not make any contact with her injured arm and legs. Using her free hand, she ran her fingers through Draco's hair and played around. The kiss was a soft and passionate one. Just like the one they always had after a serene conversation about their lives. Draco smiled in between their kiss, trying to control himself. He can't go overboard as Hermione wasn't fully recovered yet.

They both broke the kiss, their cheeks rose with pink tint of blush. Draco leaned his forehead against Hermione's, her breath trickling against his nose. He smiled at her before lying down on the bed. Hermione's eyes were telling him that she wanted him to conciliate with his Aunt anytime sooner. Draco gave a slight nod before caressing her hair.

After few kisses and talks, Hermione fell asleep with her head on Draco's chest. She still looked tired and looking at her severely injured condition, Draco could understand it. Being sick drained all of your energies and it suck. He tilted his head and saw Narcissa at the door, smiling at them. He invited her in with a nod. Narcissa smiled as she put the potion she brewed for Hermione at the bedside table.

"Your room"

"Was, Mother"

"She must be so tired to listen to you and Andro bickering"

"Why are both of you taking that woman's side? She's a Blood.."

"Draco"

Narcissa snapped a fierce look at her son, warning him. Draco winced slightly before rolling his eyes in annoyance. He was thankful to Andromeda for helping them, but everyone knew him too well. It wouldn't be a speck of gratitude to be shown. That's who he is. He didn't like being nice just because the person saved his ass from death. He didn't even ask for her help. He looked up when he could feel Narcissa's soft hands on his.

"She left your family, Mother"

"Well, does that make she's no longer my sister?"

"I didn't mean that, but grandfather disowned her"

"You had no idea how I duelled with my whole family just to keep Andro on the tree"

"You what?"

"I was mad at her when she left us, but she's still my sister. My family disowned her just because she married a Muggle-born. I don't see any need to burn her picture on the family tree, Draco"

Narcissa smiled as she pat her son's shoulder lightly. Draco's eyes followed his mother's figure until she disappeared from the back of the door. He leaned his head against the headboard, eyes went unfocused. He took a few moments thinking about conversations with Andromeda the other day, as well as the ones he had just now with Hermione and Narcissa.

Hermione might have no clue what's the importance of keeping the magical bloodline purity, but he was taught about it. He was taught about the purity of his own bloodline as both of his parents are from Pureblood families. He was taught that being magical is superior and powerful. He was taught that Muggles and Muggle-borns are some sorts of typical Barbarian people who had no civilization and common senses in them. He was taught that the people who were born with no magical abilities are disgrace.

Draco looked at the sleeping Hermione. He removed a strand of her brunette hair, checking the freckles on her beautiful face. Hermione is a Muggle, which is obviously not supposed to be someone like him. But his mother chose her instead of asking him to keep the blood purity. He was the last Malfoy heir with the same blood as his ancestors. But, thinking of it again, what's the use of keeping the bloodline purity if they ended up becoming vicious?

His father, aunt and the Death Eaters. All of them were from Pureblood families. Muggles and Muggle-borns haters. Some of them even hated the Half-blood wizards and witches too. His eyes lingered around the room, spotting a picture at the corner of his room. It was a picture of the Black sisters. His mother, Andromeda and Bellatrix. He sighed before leaving the bed.

"Why would I think about this right now?"

******
The real battle is not here yet! Stay tuned!

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 10.6K 30
Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger met before they started at Hogwarts and became friends. But this was before Draco knew Hermione's blood status and...
1.1K 56 31
Updates every Monday and Thursday The world is a web of decisions. What we decide today changes our tomorrow. Each one of us is interconnected in thi...
4.6M 131K 121
[ completed] In their four years of knowing each other, Draco Malfoy and Amora Buckley have never managed to see eye to eye. However, when the pair a...
619K 17.3K 38
The war is over. Everyone has to retake the previous year at Hogwarts. Hermione Granger is made Head Girl and Draco Malfoy is made Head Boy. Tensions...