Egotistical Prick

By seldamon

Cordelia Reinders transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts for 4th Year. Cordelia's hopes for a calm school yea... More

Egotistical Prick
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
A/N

Chapter 35

2.4K 94 122
By seldamon

I was finally back home, at Hogwarts. I didn't see either Draco or Hermione on the train. I'll probably see both of them at the sorting ceremony. As I made my way to the Slytherin table, I saw plenty of familiar faces and some new ones.

"Cordelia!" exclaimed someone from the Gryffindor table. I turned around and it was Hermione running towards me. Before I could say anything, she hugged me extremely tightly for a long time.

I haven't hugged someone for this long for quite sometime now. She pulled away.

"I missed you so much!! What your mother did to you is crazy.. I'm really sorry you went through that" I could see that she felt sorry for me, from the way she looked at me. But, how does she even know about this? Does everyone at Hogwarts also know about this?

"I missed you so much as well" I gave her a warm smile "How do you know about what happened?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Well, Draco told me," she admitted. Since when does Draco and Hermione talk to each other? They can't even tolerate being in each others presence.. And Draco doesn't really talk about things like this.. " It was hard at first, he didn't tell me why you left and I might have used poly juice potion to transform into Blaise to ask him. He was extremely determined to not tell me at first, well tell his 'best friend', but then when I forced him, he gave up and explained the whole situation. But, don't worry I didn't tell anyone" she assured, which made me feel slightly relieved.

"Wow, that's clever of you.. Yeah this past year and half was terrible, but I'm here now and that's all that matters" I gave her warm half smile " Let's catch up soon, but I have to go find Draco now" I said and gave her a hug and turned around. Before I walked any further, I turned back around facing her once again"Thank you for being such a good friend to me. I really appreciate you and your friendship" I confessed.

I sat on an empty spot at the Slytherin table. Everyone's eyes were on me and they kept whispering to each other. I only heard bits and pieces of their conversations but I could tell it was about me. Honestly I didn't even really mind it.

My eyes scanned the whole table to look for his presence, but he was nowhere to be found. I re-scanned the people at the table and was disappointed once again.

He wasn't here.

Where could he be? The ceremony started 5 minutes ago.

After Dumbledore sorted around 15 students, the doors of the Great Hall opened. It was him. He was there. Looking even handsomer than ever, but he looked different. He was very pale and looked 'out of it'.He didn't see me, he just walked towards the table, his head down, ignoring all the eyes following his every move.

Draco's P.O.V.

Why is everyone looking at me? I know I'm 10 minutes late, because that fucking Potter tried to spy on me on the train. I had to teach him a lesson on to not fucking mess with me, ever again. I wish I could see the look on his face when he finds himself back in London. I sat down next to Blaise and Dumbledore picked up from where he left off.

I'm so fucking done with this sorting ceremony. Like why is it mandatory for upper years to be present at this ceremony ? I don't give a single fuck about which student is in which house. These ceremonies take way to fucking long.

I played with my ring the whole time and just looked up at the last person who got sorted. He got Slytherin and was excitedly approaching the table, when I saw her.

She was sitting at the end of the table.

It was her.

She was staring at me mindlessly. She looked the same, but her features were more womanly and her hair was longer. She had plenty of highlights in her hair, which made her look-beautiful. Her intense eyes on mine, made it harder to breathe.

How didn't I see her before? I finally had suppressed my feelings for her and now she's fucking in front of me. All our memories together come rushing down on me and I couldn't help myself from getting the chills. Fuck I missed her.

No. No. No. I can't do this, she can't be a part of my life anymore. I can't risk her life, she's been through enough. I have a task I need to concentrate on. If she even knew what I am, she would never look at me the same. I'd rather not tell her and avoid her.

I quickly shifted my gaze back to my ring and didn't lift my head up to meet her eyes again.The feast began, but I didn't eat anything. Seeing her look at me from the corner of my eye, made me lose my appetite. So I just dismissed myself from the Great Hall.

I heard footsteps approaching, from behind me. Someone grabbed me by my arm, I turned around and it was her.

"What's the matter with you?!" she exclaimed. She had every reason to be upset. Her curves were immaculate and I wanted to slam her against a wall and crash my lips onto hers aggressively. But I quickly pushed my desires aside and tried my best to look at her emotionless.

"Nothing. Leave me the fuck alone" I said calmly rolling my eyes. Her jaw dropped and she looked very confused. Her brows lowered and I could see she was hurt through her eyes. She was always bad at hiding her emotions, her eyes gave everything away.

"What?" she blurted. Fuck. I hate doing this to her. If she only knew. I wanted to wrap my arms around her and tell her everything. But, I can't.

"Are you deaf? Leave me te fuck alone" I said and walked away. Thankfully, She didn't say anything back. I don't know if I could've still kept a straight face.

Cordelia's P.O.V.

What has gotten into him?

Why is he so rude all of a sudden?

What happened to him?

This isn't the Draco I know.. How could someone change this much in a year? I'm really confused. Is he with someone else? I mean I then could understand to an extent, but it doesn't explain why he acted so rude towards me. I didn't do anything wrong to him. Yes I didn't write to him, but he knows why and he can't blame me for it.

I was still standing at the same place he left me, frozen. As I heard multiple people exiting the Great Hall and marching towards me, I didn't want to burst into tears in front of that many people, so I just made my way to my room.

Shit. But, what if my roommates are there? I cannot handle them right now, so I changed my route to the Astronomy Tower.

As I was sitting on the cold floor, I remembered the time, when Draco and I raced to the Quidditch field. It's been so long.. Nearly two years since that happened. We were basically kids back then. My ring caught my attention and the tears started to trickle down my face.
Why can't I just be happy for once?

....

Draco's P.O.V.

Monday morning came along and I couldn't sleep the whole night. The image of her face yesterday never left my mind. It hurt me terribly seeing her like that, knowing that I caused it.

I headed to my first class of the day which was potions class. I was a few minutes early and the class was pretty full. I'm in the same class as the golden trio, how fucking great. Exactly what I needed.

As Slughorn started his lecture on Felix Felicis also known as liquid luck, he was interrupted by the door unlocking. It was her. Why does she have to make it harder for me to ignore her?

She had black circles under her eyes and her hair was slightly messy. Her tie was loose and the first three buttons on the top of her shirt were unbuttoned, which slightly revealed her chest. She wore a short black skirt and looked so fucking hot. I wanted to rip her shirt apart and kiss every inch of her body.

No. No. No. Stop this. I can't. I can't do this.

"Sorry Professor. I mixed up the days. I thought it was Tuesday" she confessed and Ron snorted from the back of the class.

"It's fine, pick a book from the cupboard and take a seat" he said and continued with the lecture.

I examined her carefully as she grabbed a book from the cupboards and took a seat next to Hermione. Harry was observing her features. I wanted to punch him across the face and brake his nose again, when his gaze shifted to her chest. Blaise saw the state I was in and placed his hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

She put her hair up. Fuckk. Is she trying to torture me? She fucking knows, I can't resist her when she puts her hair up, exposing her neck. Fuck. I had to distract myself. Pansy was sitting next to me, I turned towards her and started flirting with her. Maybe that would make her hate me.

Cordelia's P.O.V.

I watched him as he flirted with Pansy. She was all over him. Really? He left me for that fucking bitch? Wow.. He knows how much I fucking despise her and what does he do.. He fucking flirts with her. Or maybe they're dating? They do seem pretty close to each other and are pretty touchy.

I looked over at Hermione to see if she saw what I saw, but she didn't. She was too concentrated on making the elixir.

"Hermione, are they dating?" I whispered.

"What? Who?" she asked. I tilted my head pointing at Draco and Pansy, she understood my signal.

"Oh. No. I don't think so..This is the first time I see them talking together. Draco didn't speak to her at all last year. Why are they all over each other? I thought you two were together? I don't understand" she looked as confused as I was.

"I thought so too, but apparently he's moved on" I say with a shaky breath. It pains me seeing him with someone other than me. Was our love a lie?

....

Days went by and he didn't speak a word to me. I caught him, looking at me sometimes but that's about it. I rarely saw him, except in Slughorn's class that he skipped the majority of the time.

On the rare occasions that I saw him, I tried to talk to him, but whenever I tried to approach him, he just walked away and ignored me. I cried every single night, Astrid and Amara were worried, so I just lied to them, saying that I lost someone close to me. Which technically wasn't really a lie, I did "lose" someone close to me.

....

A month had gone by like this and today was the day of the first Masquerade Ball at Hogwarts. It was actually Hermione's idea to implement a ball like this. Which I think is a pretty good idea, since I love Masquerade balls. They're always pretty mysterious and fun.Plus, It would be a good distraction.

Dean Thomas asked me to go with him but I declined. I didn't really feel like going with him, so I just joined Ron and Hermione.

I got to know Ron much more this past month, thanks to always being around Hermione and he's a pretty decent guy, but a bloody idiot. I had to hint him multiple times for him to ask Hermione to the Masquerade Ball.

Hermione was extremely joyful the day he asked her. We had a sleepover that night and Hermione didn't stop smiling. She kept jumping around. I liked seeing her like this.

....

I wanted to wear a different color this time, so I wore a dark red dress, curled my hair slightly for it to become wavy in the ends, put on a matte red lipstick and black stilettos. My mask was black and I wore a silver necklace with a black 20 carat diamond in it's center.

I took off the ring he gave me for the first time in two years and placed it on my nightstand.

I joined Ron and Hermione in front of the Gryffindor common room and we walked to the Ball.

There was a huge chandelier floating in the air and the ballroom floor was a huge aquarium. I could see plenty of fish swimming, underneath the glass of the aquarium. It was strange, I felt like the glass was gonna break and that I was going to fall into the water.

I looked around the room to see if Draco had arrived and yes he did. He was dancing with a blonde girl. I could tell who she was from behind, it was Astoria Greengrass, his head was on her shoulder and I watched him as he nibbled down her neck slowly.

Why? Why is he doing this?

Our eyes connected and he lifted his head from her shoulder, cupped her jaw and kissed her, still looking at me.

What the fuck??? He can kiss her, but why is he rubbing it all over my face? I get it he's moved one, but why is he trying to hurt me in the process?

Ron and Hermione invited me to dance with them, but I wasn't feeling like it and told them I would join them later, knowing that I actually wouldn't.

I just sat on a chair and watched everyone have the time of their lives, while I sat there miserably. I started to mindlessly look at my purse and do as if I was searching something inside of it, for people to not think that I was here alone.

I dropped my lipstick on the floor in the process, it got underneath the table. As I bent down to pick it up, a figure was towering over me and kneeling down to pick it up for me instead.

As the person picked it up, I looked up and it was a very handsome dark brown haired guy. He was extremely tall, around 8 inches taller than Draco and had a perfect chiselled jaw, so sharp he could literally cut parchment paper with it.

"Looking for this?" he said, his voice was so deep. I fixed my hair.

"Ahh yes. Thank you" I thanked him with a warm smile on my expression as he placed it on the table. I took it and put it back inside of my bag. He let his hand out.

"Dance with me" he ordered. It wasn't a question and without a second thought, I placed my hand in his and we went to the dance floor.

I placed my hand on his broad shoulder, as he placed his hand on my waist, very close to my bottom. His warm hand on mine sent shivers through my spine. We didn't really talk much, we just danced.

Sometimes it's better than to live the moment and experience it without talking. It felt intense, but thrilling. It made me take my mind off of Draco.

As we danced, I got more into it. I didn't realise at one point that everyone stopped dancing and were watching us, we were the spotlight of the dancefloor. He danced really well.

"Why are they looking at us" I asked and he gave me a half smile "They're looking at you love" he said and left a single peck on my neck, which made my heart beat faster and I could feel blood rushing throughout my body.

"Are you new?" I asked, I never saw him before.

"Yes. I just arrived yesterday. What's your name amore?" he inquired with a voice that made me weak, it was so freakin deep and it was slightly raspy.

"Cordelia. What do they call you?"

"Claudio," he answered. Is he italian? That would explain the slight accent.

"Are you italian?" I wanted to know.

"Si" he said with a devilish smirk on his face. I bit my lip at how dashing he looked. Imagine if there were two of them? They would literally rule this school with their appearance.

It transitioned into a slow song and someone interrupted us.

"May I have this dance?" I turned around and it was someone that looked exactly like Claudio, except he was wearing a dark green tie instead.

"Sure" said Claudio in an annoyed tone and kissed the top of my hand and got lost in the crowd. Am I tripping right now?

"Are you related to him?" Was the first thing I asked.

"Yes. He's my twin" Well I guess my subconscious was right. There indeed were two of them and they will definitely rule this school.

Wow.. I can't tell who looks better, because of the mask. The only difference between them, was that Claudio had navy blue eyes, that pierced my soul and his twin had emerald green ones, that I've never seen before. His eyes were literally dark green, such a rare color and very intimidating.

I was shook. They both smelled amazing and I must admit their scent was competing with Draco's Dior Sauvage cologne, which is a first.

"Wow.. What's your name then?"

"Akoni and yours?"

"Cordelia, pleasure" he looked at me so intensely that I forgot how to smile. So I stared into his intoxicating eyes with a blank expression. I couldn't decide who was better looking, him or Claudio. However, Claudio was more charismatic and intimidating than him.

Draco's P.O.V.

What the actual fuck. Like one is already not enough, there's two of them now. Where the fuck, did they even come from. I tried to not look at them but I couldn't take my eyes of of her. Seeing her with another guy made me jealous. She's mine and I don't share my possessions.

I was disgusted to even touch Astoria's hand and waist. I observed that fucking prick as they laughed and danced, the way his hand was nearly touching her ass. I wanted to burn his fucking hand and cut it up into a million pieces.

She didn't even look at me even once, since she started dancing with them. Fuck, now the guy is pulling her closer and there's no space left between them. I was furious.

"Ouch" said Astoria and I looked at her confused. I didn't even feel how tightly I was squishing her tiny hand, out of rage. I loosened my grip and shifted my head back up to them.

What the fuck? Now she switched again and is dancing with the first guy she danced with. What is this?

She finally looked at me after all this time and then the guy looked at me as well. He tilted her head back with his thumb, for her to face him and slammed his lips against hers.

--

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the new chapter! Please vote❤️ Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 4.9K 43
Regan Diggory is a golden girl in Gryffindor about to begin her next school year at Hogwarts along with her popular and protective older brother Cedr...
92 0 6
STORY ON HOLD UNTIL JUNE - forgive me I have important exams, Ch. 4 is in drafts and will be uploaded soon. Ch.5 is currently being written and will...
15.9K 300 37
||| COMPLETED ||| - SPICYish (at times) - 🤰🏻Celina washes up at Hogwarts after a freak boating accident.Dumbledore believes she is here for a reas...
309 66 35
Two Ilvermorny witches get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to represent their school in the Triwizard tournament, but along the way they find their...