Crimson Summer || Book One

By RyleyKalem

Tora never asked to be a Lunos and he certainly didn't ask for three mates. *** As the weakest member of his... More

I Tried To Scream
CRIMSON SUMMER CAST
1. The Finest, The Meanest, The Baddest
2| Know Your Place
3| Untouchable
4| Sweet Escape
5| Born to Drive You Mad
6| Angel in the Steam
7| Just 1,000 Miles
8| The Prince of Enby
9| The Eye Of The Storm
10| The Bad Boy's Weakness
11| I'd Wait A Million Years For You
12| Distant Melody
13| Will You Take This Rose?
14| Nothing Breaks Like A Heart
15| The Lunos Of Crimson
16| Die For You
Its a 4 am reference piece
17| Tora's Sunshine
18| The Crimson Law
I Need You Now But I Don't Know You Yet
19| The New Mochi
20| I Dug My Key Into The Side of His Pretty Little Suped Up X-Wheel Drive
21| Not Just a Pretty Boy
Reference: Antum
Torturing you again
22| Tonight & Always
23| Galen's Heart
24| You Were Never a Mistake
26| Secrets & Lies
27| Sweet Nothing
28| My Baby
Chapter 29 Anu Ball Reference
29| The Anu Ball
30| Mated-Ever-After
Crimson Spring Preview
62| "Love made me crazy, if it doesn't you ain't doin it right,"
Season 3 Aesthetics Update
Crimson Moon
Trolling
The Princes of Crimson
The Official Island of Kailea
Opinion: Why not Casper & Micah?

25| I Want Our baby to Have Your Eyes

11.5K 439 252
By RyleyKalem

"Lie about what?"

Casper asks as we bump into Galen and Casper on the pathway back to the dorms. His dark gray eyes watching both of us while Galen waits for an answer with his arms crossed. Micah squeezes my arm so tight I'm sure it's going to leave bruises.

"Nothing, what are you guys doing out?" I ask and the two look at each other like they know for a fact I'm lying.

"We saw Micah was gone and figured you two were at the hospital. You were gone for so long we started getting worried, I tried calling you but your phone was in our room," Casper explains, pulling my phone out of his pocket with an unamused look.

"I was a little dehydrated so the doctor put me on an IV drip and gave me some medication. Let's go back to the room and talk there instead of out in the open like this," Micah suggests and although the sun was setting, there were still numerous groups on the path staring at the fine princes of Crimson as they walked.

"Dehydrated? You told me you were fine this morning," Galen asks and Micah nervously grips my hand tighter.

"Hey, let's go upstairs so they can lay down. They shouldn't be on their feet for too long," I suggest and forcefully lead the way back to the dorm with Cas and Galen beside me.

"Was it something serious?" Casper asks and I honestly don't know how to answer.

"They're not dying anytime soon," was the cover-up I decided to go with so I didn't reveal it all.

"Well that's a relief, but if that's the case why are you two acting so suspicious?" Cas wants to know more and I don't really want to say it out here in the hallway. Micah suddenly collapses with both of us going down as I do my best to take most of their weight to protect them and our baby.

Galen quickly sweeps Micah off me before a single hair of theirs could touch the floor, cradling their sibling in their strong steady hands as we walk up the stairs to our corridor. Cas and Galen are purposefully silent, waiting until the moment we step inside the room to question me.

"Okay what the fuck is wrong with them, say it now or so help me god-"

"They're pregnant,"

Of course, Micah would faint, leaving me to face these two alone.

Galen doesn't let it phase him, slowly laying Micah down in their bed and making their head comfortable on the pillow.

"What?" Meanwhile, Casper was in a state of complete shock and looked like he might be sick from my words alone.

"Micah's pregnant which is why they've been sick all day," I repeat myself and Casper groans, running his hand over his face to cover his eyes with some sort of bubbling anger just as I had expected.

"How fucking stupid can you be? Were we not given the same sex ed?" Casper asks and before I can answer he punches the brick wall, leaving a concave dent and crumbled brick to fall to the floor.

I try to answer, but I can't even get a word in before he breaks my heart.

"No of course not, you selfishly ignored it and now we all have to suffer for the mess you made. Great, just fucking fantastic. I can't believe I got mated to some selfish dumbass like you. How dare you? How dare you take everything from them like that? Do you even know what it's going to take to raise this child? We have so much shit to do in the first few months transferring the Crimson Kingdom that we don't have time for this! And don't even get me started on the fact you took advantage of Micah's innocence just for a quick fuck. If you wanted it so badly you should have told me and I would have fixed it for you instead of ruining Micah's life over it!"

I've never seen Casper get this angry, but this Casper was far from the Casper I knew. He was spiteful, angry, and disgusted by even the sight of me.

"Fuck you, don't talk to me. I don't even want to see your face unless I absolutely have to," Casper angrily storms away and I know he probably just broke his hand all over again, just like he broke my heart.

"Casper wait!" I try to go after him, but Galen grabs my arm and holds me back when the door slams shut behind him.

"Give him some space, he'll be fine," Galen tells me, but it wasn't very convincing knowing my baby is hurting over what I did.

Even if he was wrong.

Micah wasn't just some quick fuck and I wouldn't say this baby is going to completely ruin our lives. Although it puts a wrench in things, it doesn't make everything impossible.

The deep breath, ending with a long wail and tears followed as we both look over and find Micah had heard every word and was sobbing uncontrollably.

"Hey, there there. Cas is just being emotional, you know how he gets," I explain as I sit down on the bed with them and Micah holds their pillow as they wept soft angelic tears that stained the sheets.

"Micah, are you alright?" Galen asks as he gets down on his knees beside the bottom bunk and Micah hiccups with a little nod.

"And how's the baby? Are they okay?" he asks, the complete opposite to Casper's dramatic flourish of pure hatred.

"Mhm, but we won't know more until my appointment at the end of the month," Micah croaks and Galen gently tucks their messy hair back behind their ear.

"You're not going to storm out and break up with me like Casper?" I ask him and he quickly shakes his head.

"I don't see the point in being upset when there is nothing inherently bad about it and I believe in the god of fate. Anu wouldn't give us a challenge we weren't ready to accept," Galen says with his casual mature nature that I had fallen in love with. Micah gently pats their brother on the head as their tears break into a smile.

"You're going to be such a good daddy," Micah coos and Galen's smile lights up the darkness Casper left in the room.

"I promise I'll try my best," Galen promises quickly tilting Micah's chin up.

"Your best is always more than enough G," Micah reassures him, and Galen sighs while Micah pets his head.

The moment between them was so sweet that I just barely held my breath so as to not disturb their beautiful conversation together.

That is until Galen's head turns towards my direction.

"But you're next," Galen looks directly at me and I gulp, my little asshole suddenly clenched as I thought of what he might do to me after we're mated to make that possible.

"Yeah, haha I uh kind of figured as much," I try to wave is off like his warning isn't currently imbedded in my mind on repeat.

"And then it's Casper's turn," I add and Micah suddenly burst out laughing before slapping their hand to their mouth as if that would keep it in.

"What?" Now I'm curious to know more about the strange reaction and Galen gives me a look of sympathy.

I know Casper's baby will probably be able to crawl on the walls at a month old but he still deserves someone to genetically call his. It wouldn't be fair if only his siblings had kids.

"Casper doesn't want children of his own, never has. Can you imagine? Mama has stories for days archived in his memory about raising Casper," Micah explains, but I don't like the condescending way they put Casper down like that.

Little did they know, he probably only says that to hide the fact he thinks he doesn't deserve children.

"Sure, Cas is a little rough around the edges and I'm certain he was a trouble maker growing up, but he's a total sweetheart when you really get to know him," I remind them as if they hadn't spent nearly eighteen years with the guy.

"I think he's changed since his darker years, maybe you should get to know him again," I suggest and Micah sits up on their elbow as they look me up and down.

"My love, how can you still stand up for the man who just cursed you out in six different ways?" He asks and I just shrug.

"He's my mate, that's what I'm here for. Even when you guys are upset or piss me off, I'll always be there to fight for you no matter what," I explain, as I look to the door with my own hand throbbing in pain as I can only imagine how Casper's feels.

Come back baby, let me look at your hand.

I think to myself as I try to rub my sore hand still connected to Casper's pain. It's a good sign, right?

At least I haven't completely lost him.

"Are you well enough to attend the alpha walk?" I ask Micah and Galen answers for them.

"It's best if you stay here Micah. If something happens to the baby you'll have a doctor who already knows your case. Besides, I don't think Dad and Mama need to know yet," Galen says and it didn't take much convincing for Micah to agree.

"You're right, but it still sucks. I've been waiting forever for this. You'll have to text me every day and tell me what you did, promise?" Micah pleads and Galen nods in agreement.

"Just think of it as the first of many sacrifices you'll have to make as an Onnie," Galen goes on to say as the door opens to Casper coming back in while clutching his wounded hand in pain.

Cas doesn't have to say anything. I only point to his bed and he unhappily obliges while I go back to my room for a moment to collect the needed supplies in my small worn-out canvas bag.

I shoulder it back to the triplets' room where Micah had already fallen asleep and Galen was sitting at his desk doing last-minute homework.

I clamber up the ladder to Casper's bed where my baby laid in bed with the blanket over his head as if that was supposed to shield him from my attentive love and calming touch.

I don't say anything as I peal the blanket back from his broken and take his left hand in my lap. Unfortunately, it's his dominant hand that he's decided to gash with the brick and break. I rub some alcohol the separate cuts it, hearing him wince from beneath his pink comforter and I do my best to bandage up his knuckles.

Casper's index knuckle, however, needed a few stitches that I was able to put together. I haven't sutured in awhile, but it held like it was supposed to so I guess I can't be too disappointed. When I finish the last one, I rub his arm with some healing cream, pressing my fingers to his tattooed skin.

Why can't I just stay mad at him, this is so embarrassing.

Funny how Casper's voice suddenly spoke in my brain like I was talking to myself except it wasn't my own thoughts.

I just can't believe he was so careless with Micah. Doesn't he know how precious and innocent they are?

They continue pouring in and I hum as I rub the cream to his skin.

Fuck, why does it hurt so bad but feel so good at the same time? God, I'm so stupid it's pathetic. How could I injure my hand again? What if Tora thinks I have anger issues? Or that I might hurt him? Great, just another thing to add to the list to talk to my therapist about.

Casper continues and I had finished applying the cream, but I'm just massaging it in now since he seems to like it so much.

I don't think you have anger issues, you're just very hyper and sensitive to your emotions. It can be a good thing once you learn how to work it in your favor. You can feel love differently than other people, with your whole body and soul instead of just your feelings.

I think to myself in answer and suddenly Casper's mind draws a blank.

He can't hear my thoughts right? That's impossible without us being marked and bonded. Right Tora? Haha funny joke Amiri, cut that shit out.

Casper argues with his tiger and I finish wrapping up his arm with another ace bandage, this time including his hand. I'll have to put it up in a sling when he wakes up tomorrow but he can sleep with it loose for tonight.

I slowly peel the pink comforter back from his face, revealing my blushing mate. Ready to put on a dramatic show of how upset he still was with me.

Do you want to talk about it now?

I asked him through my thoughts, testing the theory as to whether or not I was crazy. To my surprise, Casper raises his brow in response like he actually heard me.

Why are you in my head right now?

I don't know to be honest. Maybe it's because of how emotional you were.

I am not emotional!

Baby, your hand says otherwise.

I reply as I still toy with his hand on my lap, gently toying with his fingers so I don't hurt him. I can feel how sensitive he is to my touch in the way it's like tiny flames meeting with our slightest touch.

I'm sorry

Casper apologizes and we continue to communicate through our thoughts so as to not disturb Micah and Galen.

You don't have to apologize I'm the one in the wrong. Your feelings are completely justified. You were right about some of it. Like how it's going to be harder for Micah to transition into the Beta role alongside you and they might even fall behind.

I mention and Cas finally meets my gaze as I watch his tight lips break into the tiniest smile in the corner of his lips. Like he's trying to be okay but he's still wounded. His gray eyes finding comfort in mine and just want to give him a tight hug but stop myself.

But that's what they have an amazing brother like you for right? Maybe that's why there are two betas.

I add and Casper rolls his eyes.

But you were also wrong. I didn't fuck Micah for the hell of it. I love them too, just as much as I love you. It just happened and I didn't think an omega could get a beta pregnant since I'm the one who's supposed to get pregnant you know, even though my attitude says otherwise.

I mention and Casper remains quiet in his sound mind, knowing I can hear it all.

I know it's going to be hard, but it's not going to ruin our lives because at least we're together. I think the four of us can handle one baby. Besides I wanted little pups or cubs right away anyway so it all works out.

Yeah, but not my cubs.

I can tell by the way his face scrunches up that he wishes we didn't have this link when the thought slips. I love the way his eyes dart away from me out of embarrassment, the true key to his soul and the true feelings he hides.

I want our babies to have your eyes.

My own thought slips but I don't regret it as I carefully caress his cheek with the back of my hand, bringing Casper right back to me. The way they uncontrollably melt when I turn my hand to hold him in my palm, drawing small circles with my thumb over the little stubble.

How do you do this to me every fucking time?
Do what baby?
The whole melty thing, like what kind of superpower is that?
I think that's just love Cas.

I point out and Casper's uninjured hand meets mine, holding it in his as he closes his eyes.

I'm not used to this, I spent most of my life not feeling anything. It's like the world was painted black and white until the moment I touched you. Suddenly everything's hurting my eyes in the most obnoxious colors, the world makes a little too much sense, but I no longer want to die.

Casper explains and I reach up, just pushing back the soft wavy curls of his dark brown hair while his bright gray eyes watch in a daze.

Casper, I never want to imagine a world where you're not in it.

I tear up a little bit at the thought and he gently rubs my arm for reassurance. I love my delicate Micah and dominant Galen, but Casper's my happy medium between the opposing spectrums.

Aww, don't get sad baby! I'm right here, see! I'm not going anywhere I promise.
I dunno you did get run over last year.
Okay but I'm more careful this year.
You just broke your arm in the same race.
Maybe I got injured so my hot nurse could heal me.
Then next time I'm sending you to the clinic
You're no fun.
When your hurt, I hurt.
What?
I feel your pain dumbass.

Casper's mouth gapes for a second before he gets a smug look on his face.

What else can you feel?

I give him the most unamused look I can muster before he breaks down laughing and pulls me close. Just before we could kiss Galen's head pops up from behind the bed rail nearly scaring the shit out of me.

"How did you make up in absolute silence because I know for a fact Casper doesn't know how to whisper?" Galen asks and I catch my breath from when my heart leaped out of my chest with fright and Casper pushes Galen's forehead away with his palm.

"Always so fucking nosey, mind your business," Cas huffs and hearing him actually speak is a lot rougher than the soft voice he used in our connected thoughts.

"You're going to have to be in a sling tomorrow by the way so I hope you weren't planning on doing anything too strenuous during this alpha walk tomorrow," I change the subject and Galen groans.

"Why did you two have to get yourselves incapacitated this week?" My alpha sounds a little too stressed as he puts his head down on the bunk rail. I give him a few little head scratches to try to calm him down.

"I'm sorry, I can't pick and choose what day I break my arm and Micah gets pregnant. Let Micah come so we'll look less broken," Casper suggests but Galen shakes his head.

"No, Micah shouldn't be traveling those long distances in this condition. I don't want to risk them losing the baby either since we don't know how fragile this pregnancy is yet. Remember what happened to Mama after he lost our siblings?" Galen reminds Casper who gives a solemn nod and sighs.

"I'm sure it will be fine Galen, I'll be there. A little busted, but what more can they expect from a crimson ruffian?" Casper hints and I feel like Galen wants to hit him so badly but holds back because I'm in between them.

"What's the alpha walk? I've heard of it but I've obviously never seen it, what do you do?" I ask and Galen finally brings his head up, resting his chin on his crossed arms on the bedrail.

"The alpha walk is a ceremony which takes place when the alphas of two or more houses come of age to take over. In this case its Crimson, Kailea, and Lotus," I've never heard Galen give so much attitude than when he said the word 'Lotus'. Almost like it left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Obviously Forester is a year behind, but Kiana and Kylan are going to join us anyway. It's more or less a fancy meet and greets where we'll meet the alphas and betas of the other houses, learn more about their role as a house on the island, bla bla bla. Do you think Dad will get mad if I skip out on the Crimson one?" Casper asks and Galen gives him a look that tells him, yes and Galen will be the one tasked to find him.

"I mean, we also get to pick the spot where we want our compound to be at that time. But we already did that before we started school. I wonder if they put the walls up, we'll have to send Micah pictures since they picked the exterior," Casper points out and I tilt my head a bit.

"Compound?" I ask and Casper blinks a few times.

"Where we're going to live babe, we don't live and work in the same place, well unless you're in Kailea since they have that whole ancient castle thing that the founders put up. Did you know our grandfather Noah named the entire island after it was reborn? I wonder what that guy was like. Mama always says I take after him, but how can I act like someone I've never met?" Casper huffs while continuing to hold my hand to his chest, refusing to let go.

"I mean I've never met him either except in our history text, but I think he reminds me of you too. Remember that story where he carried that abused Crimson boy in his arms, walking fifty-six miles in the rain to bring him to the safety of Kailea? I could see you doing something like that. Your very compassionate you just don't like to show it," I explain, and Casper hums, looking up at the ceiling while the two of them are quiet for a few moments.

"What? I know some history," I try to hype myself up and Galen smiles as if he remembered something distant.

"The boy he carried was our father," Galen says. Embarrassed by my lack of knowledge I just decide I have no idea what I'm talking about and won't try to mention history again.

"Okay, maybe I wasn't paying attention during that part. I think I also got that question wrong on the test but we won't talk about that," I huff and Galen comes up the ladder to join us. Sitting on the edge of his bed while putting on the reading glasses that make him look ten years older.

How can he be so hot with zero effort?

I can still hear you.
Ooo, gross, get out of my head.
Do you not find me attractive?
Cas, I don't think I'd suck your dick in a shower stall if you weren't attractive.
This is true.

Besides you also have your moments.
Moments?
Yeah, sometimes you're hot.
What about the other times?
Adorable.
Oh god, I'm going to pretend I never heard that.
My adorable clingy baby.

I pinch his cheeks between my index and thumb only for him to smack them away.

"No really, what's going on between you two?" Galen asks and I remember he's still there, staring at us as we had this entire conversation.

"If you really want to know, for some god damn reason, I've been cursed with a link to Tora and can hear his thoughts and he can hear mine," Casper groans and I punch his chest for calling me a curse.

"Oh yeah? What is he thinking about?" Galen asks and I glare at Casper.
"Don't you fucking dare,"
"Oh, nothing just how hot you are without trying. Apparently, it drives him absolutely cra-,"

Casper can't reveal anything else when I'm holding the pair pillow over his face, suffocating him before he exposes me any further.

"Go to hell!" I yell at him and he takes the pillow from behind him and smacks me across the face so hard that I hit the wall and the world goes dark.

**********

*Onnie (pronounced Oh-knee) the nonbinary name a child calls the person who gave birth to them. Anie (Ah-Knee) would be the opposite of this, a nonbinary parent did not give birth to the child.

Don't forget to join me ont he live this wed Jan 20th so we can talk about this!!! Link on my announcements page!!!

Also I don't advertise this a lot but I know there's a lot of new people here! Just wanted to say I DO have a Patreon to support my writing linked in my bio. Because ya boi does not get anything for any of the ads you see 🤧😤. Really I just write for fun so what I do make there just goes right back into my writing.

Everything i make on there currently is going towards an iPad to finish the Kailea cover collections and redo all of my covers along with creating some Merch 🤫 (the one I used before belonged to my wife and uh yeah I don't have access to one anymore lmao)

Unlock access to the raw chapters for crimson summer (they're edited before published on Wattpad) early as soon as they're finished, as well as bonus chapters and votes.

Here are a few examples 😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 1.6K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...
1M 36.7K 51
Hands, touch. That's all I felt. Everywhere. A burning sensation was all I could focus on, it was overwhelming. But I didn't want it to stop. I don'...
3.8M 159K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...
158K 6.3K 43
Jack was broken. Being the sole survivor of a massacre that killed his entire family while still a child weighed heavily on him. Fearing for his life...