Heart Of Darkness (Star Wars)

By catalan_andrea

Helia Halcyon is a bounty hunter working with the Bounty Hunters' Guild. Helia has a dark past that she has d... More

Chapter 1: Betraying The Guild
Chapter 2: Sorgan
Chapter 3: Training The Villagers
Chapter 4: The Secret
Chapter 5: The Past
Chapter 6: Tatooine
Chapter 7: Saving Us
Chapter 8: The Mercenaries
Chapter 9: Betrayed
Chapter 10: Nothing Like Them
Chapter 11: Getting Help
Chapter 12: What Could Go Wrong?
Chapter 13: I Can't Leave You
Chapter 14: Clan Of Four
Chapter 15: The Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Back To Corellia
Chapter 17: Do You Trust Me?
Chapter 18: Mos Pelgo
Chapter 19: The Krayt Dragon
Chapter 20: The Raiders
Chapter 21: The Frog Lady
Chapter 22: Ice Spiders
Chapter 23: Trask
Chapter 24: Bo-Katan
Chapter 25: The Heist
Chapter 26: Arguments & Old Friends
Chapter 27: Old Imperial Base
Chapter 28: Calodan
Chapter 29: Ahsoka Tano
Chapter 30: Two Jedi & A Mandalorian
Chapter 31: Tython
Chapter 32: They're Back
Chapter 33: To Morak
Chapter 34: Brown Eyes
Chapter 35: The Next Move
Chapter 36: Old Ghosts
Chapter 37: Together Again
Chapter 38: Parting Ways
Chapter 39: Training With Ahsoka
Chapter 40: The Natives Of Abbaji
Chapter 41: Moff Sidero
Chapter 42: To Ilum
Chapter 43: The Mission on Dantooine
Chapter 44: The Mandalorians
Chapter 45: The Attack
Chapter 47: Hold On
Chapter 48: The Promise
Sequel's Up!

Chapter 46: The Tragedy

288 3 1
By catalan_andrea

With that, Kempo and I frantically searched for the bomb in the entire base, which wasn't easy, considering how huge this place was. Once we found it in the control room, there was only about a minute and thirty seconds left. It was at that moment, I realized that none of us had any experience with deactivating bombs, which was quick a setback, especially now. And everyone in the control room that remained was killed. Kempo must've realized the same thing as he turned towards me. "Listen, we don't have a lot of time. Get out of here, and tell Brixie that I love her."

I shook my head. "No, you'll be able to say that to her yourself."

"You and I both know that won't be able to happen. It's been an honor working with you, Delmira." Kempo revealed.

My heart clenched. No, he couldn't stay here. Tears filled my eyes. "And it's been an honor knowing you, Lex. But if you're staying, then so am I."

"No, you can't." Kempo argued.

I didn't have a choice. There may not be enough time for me to get out in time and protect everyone from the outside. When that bomb blows, it'll take down not just the base but the village, so I'll need to contain it.

"I don't have a choice, Lex. You heard what Anubis said. When the bomb blows, it won't just destroy the base, but the nearby village as well." I protested.

"Frink..." Kempo cursed, knowing I was right.

"You need my help." I urged.

Kempo let out a sigh. "I know. Just wish it wasn't you. You have that Mandalorian to get back to."

My heart clenched as I thought of Din. I'm sorry, Din. But if I don't this, then innocent people will die. I forced a smile on my face, one that didn't reach my eyes. "We can't get to choose how or when we die, Lex."

But how we live...and my only regret was not being able to return to Din. Kempo gave me a grim look before replying. "Get to the front of the base. Be prepared in case I won't be able to defuse the bomb in time."

"On it." I confirmed. "And contact the team, see if anyone knows how to defuse a bomb."

Kempo scoffed. "Hopeful thinking, I'll try and see what happens. But don't hold your breath."

With that, I ran towards the front of the base. Once I reached the front room within the base, I turned on my comlink, contacting Ivey, who picked up in a heartbeat. "What happened?"

"Ivey, we might not be able to defuse the bomb in time. Get everyone as far away from the base." I ordered.

"Got it. And what about you and Kempo?" Ivey questioned.

"Don't worry about us, Ivey. Just get everyone out of here." I urged.

There wasn't enough time left and Ivey seemed to know what was about to happen as she let out a shaky breath. "...It's been an honor, knowing you Delmira. We'll miss both you and Lex."

I turned off my comlink. I then took out my holoprojector from my pocket. If I won't be able to make it out of here then perhaps I can leave a recording. The robotic voice rang out, reminding me how much time I had left. "Forty seconds..."

I quickly turned on the holoprojector, hitting record. "...If you're seeing this chances are I'm dead. Now I don't have much time, but I want to say I love you all so much. Leia, Luke, you're the best siblings one could have. Han and Chewy, you're the best friends one could wish for. Tell Ben he's the best nephew in the entire galaxy. Let Ani know that I love him dearly, he's become part of the family, our family."

"Twenty seconds..."

Tears began to fill my eyes as I croaked out. "Kaytia, Grogu, you are the best daughter and son one could hope to have. And Din, my love I'm so sorry for leaving. I love you very much, I could never love anyone else. Until we meet again..."

I ended the hologram, before sending it over to Leia. I then placed the holoprojector back in my pocket. I let out a shaky sigh. If this is my destiny, then I'm prepared. I'm ready to die.

"I'm ready." I said.

"And we'll be right beside you." A familiar voice rang out.

I turned around to see the Force ghosts of dad, Obi-Wan, and Master Yoda. My eyes lit up when I saw them. I was happy see them here. I was going to need all the help I could get. The time finally arrived. I felt Kempo's death through the Force, which pierced my heart. Then the flames quickly arrived, I extended out my hands, reaching out to the Force. With all my strength, I pushed back the flames. Tears streamed down my eyes, butI pushed past the pain, focusing on the task at hand.

Obi-Wan, Master Yoda, and dad helped out, raising their hands to keep the flames from escaping the base or reaching me. We were successful in keeping the explosion from leaving the base, but my confidence diminished as I could feel my power draining.

"I can't hold on." I mentioned.

"You must." Obi-Wan urged.

"I'm sorry..." I trailed off, growing weaker.

"Hang in there, Mira." Dad insisted.

And unfortunately, I broke my connection with the Force. The moment, I lowered my guard, the flames rushed towards me. I placed my arms out to protect my face. Fear took over my body, causing me to freeze up. Obi-Wan, dad, and Master Yoda did their best to protect me, but I was flung back out of the base. As I collapsed onto the hard ground, I felt immense pain as I felt my side completely soaked. I weakly glanced down to find a huge chunk of debris wedged in my left side along with red marks on my hands and arms, no doubt from the flames. I let out a shaky sigh before dropping my head back on the ground before my eyelids grew heavy. As darkness surrounded me, I reached out to the Force in an attempt to slow down my breathing and heart rate. My last thoughts lingered on my family, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy, Ben, Kaytia, Ani, Grogu, and Din. Why did I ever leave his side?

~Third Person's P.O.V.~

Everything had happened so quickly that it baffled everyone. All the Kath hounds had been slaughtered. The base was now engulfed in flames. Delmira lied on the ground in front of them. Brixie's heart was destroyed as she stared at the base. She cried out. "Lex!"

Brixie ran towards the base, but Sully grabbed her, preventing her from going anywhere near the flames. Alaka'i turned to Stormcaller. "My family, Fenn, and I will handle this. Tend to her. She'll need help."

"Are you sure you can handle this?" Stormcaller inquired.

"We got this." Kalani assured him. "Get her out of here."

Stormcaller gave them both a nod. He quickly made his way towards Delmira. They needed to get her back to Chandrila so she can heal. But as soon as Stormcaller touched Delmira, he became terrified. He couldn't feel Delmira's pulse anywhere. He looked up at her face to see her face had grown pale. This wasn't good at all. Stormcaller whipped around, searching for Brixie. "Brixie!"

Brixie stared at the base, consumed in her thoughts. She thought of Lex and finally telling him how he felt. She was always worried that he'd never feel the same, but now she'll never know. Sully gently nudged her, causing her to snap out of her thoughts. Reluctantly, Brixie then turned around, calling out. "I'm coming, Colonel!"

She rushed over towards Delmira and Stormcaller. Brixie took out her bag of medical supplies, rummaging through the equipment in search for her bio-scanner. Brixie's eyes lit up as soon as she found her portal bio-scanner. However, her smile vanished when she failed to find Delmira's pulse.

"I can't find a pulse anywhere, Colonel." Brixie informed them. "I'm not sensing any vital signs from her at all."

The entire team grew worried. Brixie knew that they needed to take Delmira to Chandrila as quickly as possible, which wouldn't be a quick trip at all. But they had to try. Delmira was a part of their team, and she had helped them, even when the odds were against her.

"I'll get the child." Fenn offered. "Delmira will want him to go with her. He's a Jedi after all."

Stormcaller nodded, agreeing with Fenn. "Thank you."

Fenn gave him a nod in response before using his jetpack, flying up into the air before heading towards the village. Sully approached Brixie, and Stormcaller, who stood around Delmira. Padmé let out a whine as she reached Delmira, sensing her pain. She nudged her head, trying to wake Delmira up, but it didn't work.

"I'll carry her." Sully offered.

"You'll need a jetpack if you're gonna want to save General Skywalker in time." Iolani pointed out.

She then exchanged a look with Alaka'i, who gave her a nod. Then surprisingly, Iolani handed Sully her jetpack from her back.

"Take this jetpack. We have more back at the village. I'll tell Fenn to meet you at the ship." Iolani mentioned.

"Thanks." Sully replied, placing it on his back.

"Good luck." Iolani said.

Sully gave her a nod before gently grabbing Delmira from the ground and then Padmé, who was grateful to remain by Delmira's side. He then used the jetpack, flying up into sky towards their ship. Meanwhile, on the planet Ajan Kloss, where Delmira and Leia were trained by Luke, Luke now stood with two new students, Kaytia and Grogu. R2-D2 stood next to Luke, watching Grogu and Kaytia. They were practicing their connection with the Force.

In a matter of moments, rocks around them began to float around them. Luke looked at them in awe. They were both strong in the Force and learning very quickly. Luke approached them, which they both sensed. Kaytia and Grogu broke their connection as they opened their eyes, looking up at Luke.

"All right, you're both doing great. let's see your lightsabers." Luke advised.

Kaytia and Grogu had been training with Luke now for two months. Kaytia and Grogu both had lightsabers that they built themselves. Grogu's hilt had a silver ball like the silver joystick ball he liked from his dad's ship. Around his hilt, with the help of Luke and Kaytia, there were Old Corellian and Mando'a words that said "The heart of a Jedi, but strength of a Mandalorian."

Kaytia's hilt was a double bladed lightsaber hilt also with both Old Corellian and Mando'a words combined together, saying "a Corellian never turns their back on someone in need," and "a Mandalorian never forgets." They had been constantly working on those lightsabers for the past two months. Kaytia ignited her lightsaber, revealing two yellow blades.

"Good." Luke praised.

Grogu then ignited his lightsaber, revealing a green blade. Both their lightsabers had Din's signet of their clan, a design of the mudhorn, on one of the sides of their lightsabers. Luke smiled, proud that they've made their lightsabers. They were both making progress in their training. If only Delmira could see this. No doubt she'd be proud to see the progress that Grogu and Kaytia made. But Delmira was on a different path with the Mandalorian, Din Djarin.

"Great job." Luke commended. "You've both come so far in such little time."

Kaytia smiled at his praise before looking over at Grogu, who smiled as he let out a coo, happy upon hearing Luke's words. At that moment, Luke felt a disturbance in the Force. It then hit him all at once, Luke felt his body shudder as the Force pierced through Luke like he had been stabbed in the back with a vibro-knife. His heart clenched as the air was knocked out, forcing him to sit onto the ground. He wasn't the only one who felt it. Luke turned to see Kaytia and Grogu also sensed it as they fell down beside Luke, dropping their lightsabers. Tears filled both Grogu's and Kaytia's eyes. All three of them felt great pain and anguish.

"Mom..." Kaytia croaked out.

Luke wore a grim look as he nodded. Upon hearing Kaytia, R2 let out a sad beep. The astromech didn't know what was going on, but he knew that something bad happened to Delmira. Luke, Kaytia, and Grogu didn't need to say a word, they all could sense that Delmira was between life and death.

•••

Din Djarin thought he didn't need anything, he believed his life was complete when the Mandalorians took him in, and when he took the Creed. But that all changed when he had decided to rescued the child from the Imps on Nevarro. And Delmira decided to help him, even though it meant going against the Guild. She had been on Nevarro two years, and he didn't know her as Delmira Skywalker, the Jedi, but as Helia Halcyon, one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy. And that had impressed Din, but he was hesitant on approaching her.

Din never mentioned it to anyone, but he had been drawn towards her. Especially after the first time they met. But he kept his distance, afraid to let someone into his life and terrified to fall in love, knowing that he wouldn't be able to show his face to her. It didn't help though that he constantly saw her at the cantina, when he went to get new jobs from Karga.

However, that all changed when Delmira came back along to protect Grogu, who had become their son. Aliit ori'shya tal'din, which means family is more than blood, and that Mandalorian phrase had become true for Din. He had Delmira, who was his other half, the love of his life, Grogu, their son, Kaytia, their daughter, and even that anooba, Ani; they all became part of his family. He had everything he needed. And now he lost it all, leaving him with a weapon that linked him to a throne that he wanted nothing to do with. He just wanted to give the damn saber to Bo-Katan and go after Delmira, but he stopped himself, remembering Delmira's words.

"Jedi are the enemies to Mandalorians. The Armorer on Nevarro said that and so did that Magistrate of Corvus. I have to leave, this is the way..."

He knew that Delmira may not want to see him. But there were tears in her eyes when she said her final words to him. Din wanted to believe that she still loves him...He then remembered what his mother told him when he was little.

"If you love someone, you must be able to let them go, and if they return, they return then it was meant to be."

If Delmira didn't wish to be with him anymore, then he had to respect her wishes. But Din secretly wished she'd return to him, where he'd welcome her with open arms. And every day that went by, she did not return, which crushed Din. He had spent a week on Nevarro, trying to process everything that had happened. Cara and Karga may not have been able to see his face, but they could tell he was devastated. They tried to cheer him up, but nothing worked.

Now two months had gone by, and he was back on the cruiser, helping out Bo-Katan, Koska, and Axe to find and reunite the Mandalorians under Din's leadership. This whole thing terrified Din, he wasn't a leader. If only Delmira was here with him, he'd know he would be able to get through this. She believed in him, even when he didn't. She was his home, his other half. Without Delmira, he felt as though he was missing a part of him, a giant hole now resided in his heart. And no matter what he did, he couldn't fill that void.

Currently, Din was standing in front of the giant holoprojector at the bridge of Gideon's cruiser. Bo-Katan, Koska, and Axe also stood around the holoprojector across from Din. Bo-Katan turned on a holomap of the planet Kalevala. They hadn't found any new Mandalorians yet, but they had leads on where they may be. This wasn't as easy as Bo-Katan thought it'd be. She hadn't expected for Din to get the Darksaber. And she hadn't expected to hear that the other Nite Owl members to disappear out of nowhere. They had to be on some planet, somewhere where other Mandalorians were.

"While I was Arumorut, I heard rumors of the Mandalorian Clan Awaud back on Gargon." Axe mentioned. "They're no longer in Vlemoth Port."

"They're nothing but mercenaries and bounty hunters now. Should we include them in this?" Koska inquired.

"Regardless of their profession, they're still Mandalorians. They'll adhere to the Resol'nare." Bo-Katan argued. "All Mandalorians follow this tradition, it's the very heart of what a Mandalorian is."

Bo-Katan then changed the subject as she glanced back at Axe. "Is that where the others are?"

She was referring to the Nite Owls. Axe hesitated. "It's worth a try to check."

Din half listened to their conversation, his mind was somewhere else. Fortunately, he had his helmet on, so they couldn't tell whether he was paying attention to them or not. Din couldn't explain what he was feeling, but he knew something was wrong. He could sense it. And that made him anxious and uneasy. At that moment, Koska noticed someone trying to get a transmission through to them. She furrowed her brows. Who was trying to contact them?

"We have a transmission coming in." Koska informed them.

"Put it through." Bo-Katan ordered.

Bo-Katan was hopeful that the transmission coming in was one of the Nite Owls, reaching out to her. At her command, Koska put the transmission in, revealing a hologram of Luke. Din was taken back upon seeing Luke contacting them. Why did he wish to speak to them?

"Din Djarin..." Luke began.

"Yes?" Din asked, baffled.

"How's my sister, Delmira?" Luke inquired.

Koska, Bo-Katan, Axe, and Din exchanged looks. Had that been the only reason he contacted them? To ask how his sister was? Bo-Katan's hope diminished, but she did her best to not to show it as she forced a smile.

"She's not with us." Bo-Katan mentioned. "She left."

Din then began to fear the worst. Did something happen to Delmira? Was she hurt? With this in mind he dared to ask the burning question on his mind. "What's happened?"

"I'm afraid Delmira has been wounded." Luke informed them.

Din's heart dropped upon hearing Luke's words. Is she all right? He could feel his heartbeat racing, prepared to jump out of his chest. Din tilted his helmet. "Is she all right?"

Luke's face fell. "I'm afraid not. She's hurt badly, I don't know exactly how. But I know she's between life and death. I'm sorry, but I thought you deserved to know."

Din felt his stomach drop. His entire world was falling apart upon hearing his words. No, not Delmira, he shouted in his mind. Not his Delmira.

"Where is she now?" Din questioned.

Luke closed his eyes, reaching out to the Force to search for Delmira. After a matter of moments, he found her in Chandrila. He then opened his eyes.

"She's on her way Chandrila." Luke responded. "To Hanna City."

Luke's hologram then vanished. Din turned around, prepared to leave the bridge. The only thing on his mind was getting to Delmira to make sure she was all right. However, Bo-Katan stormed over towards him, blocking his exit.

"What are you doing?" Bo-Katan questioned.

"Going to Chandrila." Din answered.

"You can't leave now. This is important." Bo-Katan protested.

"There's nothing more important than making sure my girlfriend is all right." Din argued.

She's no longer yours, a voice in his head reminded him. Doesn't matter, not now. What's important is that she survives this. Delmira has to, Din insisted. He wasn't sure what he'd do if she died. He already lost his parents, he wasn't going to lose Delmira too. Not if he could stop it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 6.4K 49
"You have me. Until every star in the galaxy dies, Din Djarin, You have me." ---- Jeyna Ryn comes from a long line of fierce Mandalorian warriors, a...
865 239 21
Matteo Shepard. The former Commander of the Republic and the System Alliance must once again disappear from the radar and once again returns to his...
249K 8K 32
Reina Beckett is blind, but that doesn't necessarily means she can't see what or who is around her. She is a bounty hunter who agrees to take on a jo...
80K 1.6K 14
(Highest Rank: 35 in #Reader) (Y/n) meets the Mandalorian when she's only 17. Truly brought together by fate, she tags along on his voyage. One late...