||~~Tere Bin Na Lage Mera Man...

By suryavni

A tale of love lost and found.. More

Prologue
Character sketch
A Stellar realignment
Unexpected encounters
A Dream come true?
Hockey stick or feather ?
Clash - Of emotions ?
Mishti - Reliving Memories
Melting ice.
Nature's upheavals and a tragedy
An Intimate Night Vigil
The Sand in his fist
A Sweet torment.
A tumultuous journey
Abode of love & care
A New Complicacy
Playing truant..
An impromptu Date ??!!
The Perfect Plans !
Her Gift..Her Silent Gift..
Tendrils of love.
Eternally yours...
Love tantrums..
Silent Agonies..
Cute Apologies and Reconciliation
Her Anchor
Closing in the distances
Emotional Undercurrents.
Family Fun..
Partner in Crime & Care
Friend for Life - Brother for Life
Shattered Dreamscapes
The Pain YOU Hide In YOUR Eyes.
The Smoke without a Fire
Take MY Heart.. It's YOURS !
A Prank , Reunion & Heartbreak
The Fire & The Ice
An Early Morning tete-a-tete
No Hiding The Fragnance Of Love
Nanu...The COOLEST Rajvansh!!!
The Melding Of Two Souls
Blues and Bliss
Chill of the Past & Warmth of his Love
Ingenuity At It's Best
Cozy Beginnings
Bromance in the truest sense
MINE...In Every Way..!
Best laid Plans....!
Love Capital.......
The Tender Crescendo Of Passion
Surprises Galore..!!
Healing Of A Deep Rift..
The Ripple Effect...
Kaleidoscopic Heart - Broken.. yet Apiece.
The Sublime Love making & Subtle Deception
Festivities and Forgings..
Whirlwind And Her Sanctum
Confronting & Making Peace .!!
' Déjà vu '
The Sacred Weave..
Malicious intent
The Spark..!!
The Curve Ahead..!
The silent loud shattering- Heartbreak
A leap for love

Parallel Truths

808 80 38
By suryavni

Neerav and Ananya... looked at each other with a contentment as the guests left..

The whole day... though dedicated to them...they couldn't find some alone time till now..

Dadi and the elders retired for the night with kids...as the Young couples lingered behind .. savouring the quiet starry night... giving ample width to the newly engaged couple..

Kunal shouldered Mishti..and pleaded..

" Yaar..kuch bahana banaoo na... please.."

They were hanging out as a group..

Abir and Saksham talking shop as Mishti listened on.. casually...and Kuhu flipping through the days pictures.. gushing over each one...

" Seriously Kunal...waise toh Kuhu see  Milne se pehle bada flirt tha na..now when it's time for actual romance Tere pass ek bhi excuse nahin Hein... yahaan bhi Mera help...? Kya yaar..!"

Mishti whispered back rolling her eyes..

Kunal took a deep breath...and stood up decisively as Mishti footsied Abir ...

Kuhu was startled as a hand clamped her wrist pulling her up ...

Her phone going   for a toss... literally..

Mishti though bubbling up with laugh was prepared for the catch .

 Kunal pulled a  protesting Kuhu ...

" I need to ..umm..talk to you..Chalo.."

" Kunal.kya ..!!..umm.. Mishti..??"

" Mishti Kyun ?..tum jao.. I'll bring her.."

Abir interjected..

Kunal looked relieved as Abir  took Mishti''s responsibility.

As KUKU walked away bickering as always Mishti and Abir looked at each other laughingly...and slowly their expressions changed  as they looked on to each other...

" Oops...ahem..!"

Saksham cleared his throat..

" Actually I didn't feel like a fifth wheel till now..but being a third wheel surely sucks.."

Mishti lowered her face... adjusting her hair in embarrassment..Abir too..cleared his throat and donned his serious face..

Saksham looked at Neerav and Ananya engrossed in their talks,.

" Hey..bhabhi do know about you guys huh!!?..."

His face showed disbelief at Abir and Mishti''s expression...

" OMG you guys are something...how could she not notice this ...this..aura around you guys..!!.. Mishti..you should let her know .."

Mishti looked at Neerav and Ananya..

"...I too have thought of that..and ... Ananya di  is a pro in keeping secrets...but ..it's her time to indulge na..Shaadi... preparations...Sab kuch jaldi hi karna Hein na..I don't want her to think about anything other than that...."

Mishti paused and Abir nodded ..

" Yeah... we'll do as we decided ..Sab ko Bata dete Hein... Ananya aur Neerav ke Shaadi ke baad.."

Saksham smiled seeing their unique and similar thoughtfulness...

" Your decision Bro...good one too...and this has some thrill too..huh... Hiding your love from the world..."

His voice was whimsical as he said the last sentence..and Mishti looked at him...

Saksham evaded her look in guise of taking out his phone ... casually..But it vibrated in his hands...and his face changed .. ...

" Excuse me guys..I need to take this .."

Saksham walked away and Abir Mishti... looked at each other..

" Tell me... what happened to your investigation...? Any leads ...?"

Mishti wanted to know the development after Abir came to India and Abir explained to her that his meeting with the commissioner was good and he had agreed to look into the matter and handover the case from local police to a senior official.....

" So it's a sabotage and someone influential has a hand in this..."

Mishti said absently as she recollected all the events that Abir told her and the apathy from the local police..

Abir looked at her ... surprised that she endorsed his intuition..he had first approached the local police chief and had gotten a cold vibes from him...

" May be..but why..?"

His question was answered by a soothing hand entwining with his .... giving him confidence to ride out any storm...

***

" Dadi Saksham aur Mishti ki bare mein kuch soch rahi Hein Shayad..."

Ananya said offhandedly that Neerav started coughing..

" OMG...what the hell...!!"

Ananya was surprised by his odd reaction..

" Well...she said Saksham was kinda looking lost lately..and she saw both of them talking ...and did the maths.....She wanted me to ask him in her words' Kya chal Raha Hein iske man mein'!"

"Aah...it's nothing..umm..I didn't tell you..Abir and Saksham had a skirmish years back ...and seems like they sorted out it ..and I have a strong feeling that Mishti was the negotiator..."

" Ohh...may be that was the reason...umm.. Mishti is a born negotiator...glad that she could help the guys.. otherwise it would be awkward for both of them.."

She looked at them as Saksham got up fiddling with his phone..

" Why do I get a feel that Saksham has someone in his life.though...I haven't seen anyone...why is he not interested in dating..?"

Neerav looked at his brother...

Though he suspected he could never bring himself to ask him whether he loved......! If the answer is yes then it meant more heartbreak for him...

" He won't like interference in his personal life...Anu... let's leave him at it.."

Ananya was keenly observing Mishti and Abir ... engaged in serious talk...and her eyes widened as Mishti held Abir's hand .....

" Are you seeing what I am seeing..."

Her excitedly whispered words made Neerav look around and zoom in on Abiir and Mishti...

" Wow...It Seems like your first impression was the right impression..."

He pulled her to him..with pride...as they both smiled..

****

Mishti walked beside Abir...

They had to move inside as the cold wind was becoming strong as the perfect moon  shined on the sky...

Neerav had his arm around Ananya....as they joined Abir and Mishti... They bid goodnight to them and Neerav winked at Abir ... letting him know that the cat is out of the bag... making him blush ..

Ananya hugged Mishti... thanking her ...

" Kyun Di...."

Mishti was confused..

" Kuch Nahi...lekin Tum toh Kuch na Kuch acha Kar hi dete ho... isliye.."

Ananya said as she smiled at Mishti..

" Okay..I don't want my wife to be to catch a cold ...what about you..?"

Neerav pulled Ananya to a side hug as he threw the question to Abir...

"Me too..." 

Abir answered promptly and then realized the trap..and his slip...

Mishti''s eyes flew to him... paniky..as Neerav bit his lips from laughing...

Ananya elbowed Neerav...

" Now ...are you teasing me or them...I can stand this Punjabi cold you know.."

" I know....But I won't let you... c'mon..."

As they walked off Abir stood there smiling like an idiot ... raking his hair...and Mishti was having a hard time controlling her blush and a sweet elation... filling her..

Now Abir was escorting her to her room...and as she hugged herself in the cold wind...she was pulled to the side ...

Abir pinned her to the piller ... hiding them both from anyone coming along the corridor....

Mishti looked at him....a look of anticipation cloaked in shyness... Abir's more or less public assertion still shading her cheeks...

Abir was feeling excited...it felt so natural and good when he acknowledged Neerav's words...

And now as Mishti stood before him covering herself with her sheer dupatta,..he was feeling a strange sense of protectiveness...that one would feel when one belongs to the other...more than his urge to kiss her ...

He just looked at her ... holding her waist ..his love for her giving a sparkle to his golden orbs.....and as she shyly lowered her head smilingly..he laid his forehead on hers.. moving closer...

" Feeling cold..huh..?"

Mishti...tugged her dupatta close in answer.. but Abir held her hands...his face still nuzzling the side of her head..His lips whispered..

" Suna nahi meine Neerav se Kya kaha tha. ...I don't want you to catch a cold...not only because you are ..my wife to be ...yet..but Because you are my life ..."

Mishti lifted her head and looked at Abir as he drew her dupatta over her head ... admiring the way she looked...

"You look beautiful..just like that Moon over there ...calm..yet radiant..."

Taking a step back he unfastened his overcoat he worn and put it around her ...

Mishti inhaled him involuntarily as his essence draped her...

With a sigh Abir gathered her close and pressed his lips on to her forehead...

The sound whistling ..of someone coming through the corridor.. registered with both of them.

" Abi....."

Mishti's panicky hushed voice paused as Abir pulled her on to him.. tightly...his lips sealing hers....he moved slightly around the piller..so that the person whoever it was won't notice them....

Abir spotted Kunal coming down the stairs.. whistling and smiling...

His mind relaxed as Kunal passed  unaware of them..

Slowly he became concious of her winding hands around him...and the sweet softness of her lips which was always his need...and dipped in for more...

***

"Abiir....we are going back tomorrow....I don't know how I am going to live with out seeing you.."

Mishti was now clutching his arm....in desperation..

Abir too was trying to hold on to his emotions...it was nothing less than torture to be away from Mishti...for the first time he had endured the pain and he didn't want to go through it again....

" Shhh...it's late Mishti...Chalo .. Kuhu will be wondering.."

They had reached her room and he let go of her hand...

" Ab So jao...aur jaldi mere sapnon mein aana..."

He said playfully.. making her smile..

" Tum bhi..."

He nodded.,and with a sigh backtracked his steps...

Both lay awake dreading the sunrise.....

****

New York..Wind flower lane..

Nanu looked at the frail face of Rajshri..

Both were missing the kids...

He thought about Abir....and Mishti

He had been toying with the idea for some time...to ask Rajshri how she found Abir...and Mishti's friendship...

" Rajshri beta..ek baat poochoo.."

" Bapuji . formality woh bhi mujhse....?Aap poochiye.."

"Mujhe Abir aur Mishti ki bare mein kuch poochna tha...?"

Rajshri smiled at him...

" Haan... donon miljulkar kaam Kar rahe hein..Bina lad pade sabkuch sambhaal rahe Hein....donon ko aisee saath dekhne mein hi ek sukoon Hein...."

" Toh...tum un donon se Khush ho....?!"

Nanu pressed further...

Rajshri looked at Nanu....a sad smile flickering on her face..

" Bachpan mein woh Abir ko jab chot laga tha..tab Mishti aur uska saath dekhke mein aur Meenakshi..aise hi keh di thi...ki Mishti kaise Abir ke poochne se pehle hi uski zaroorath samajh leti Hein...hum donon ke Mann mein apne  bachon ko lekar sawaal hi the...ki mein akeli do ladkiyon ki parvarish kaise karegi...aur woh apne aur abir ki badthi doori ko leke pareshaan thi...."

She paused..and sighed..

" In pareshaniyon se nipatne keliye tab humne ek aasha ka Sahara liya ...ki Mishti ki haath hum Abir ko denge ...sirf ek khwab...lekin humari soch ne se pehle hi un ke beech daraar aagayi ...Sab kuch aise hi..chodo na... Nanu..Aap aisa ek topic ched Diya Jo Dil Ko ab bhi ek Khushi deti Hein...adhoora rehne wali Khushi..."

Nanu smiled...a satisfied smile...

" Shayad ..yeh khwab bhi poora honga....Abir badal Raha Hein.... Mishti bhi badal rahi Hein....apne decisions khud lene layak bhi ho Gaye Hein....tum uski maa ho na...kuch toh badlav dikha hoga Mishti mein'..."

Rajshri's eyes slowly widened in realisation...

" Bapuji...Aap mujhse yeh keh rahe Hein ki .... Mishti...Abir...ko ..."

Nanu nodded...

" Aur Abir ...? Kya woh bhi.."

Nanu nodded again non-stop... smilingly..

"Yeh toh mujhe sure hogaya ki sab is rishthe se Khush Honge..Sirf Meenakshi ki chintha Hein...Woh Mishti ko lekar thodi overprotective ho Gayi Hein...jaise Nihaal ka rishtha jhatpat laya...aise dabaav hum unpe nahi daalenge..tum samajh rahi ho na...

Mishti aur Abir agar koi decision le rahe Hein toh woh donon milkar hi lenge aur humein bataayenge bhi..."

Rajshri now laughed...

" Bapuji... Meenakshi toh haan hi bolengi na...haan agar Aap ko aisa lagtha Hein ki bachon ko yeh baat humse kehne ki mauka Dena chahiye toh theek Hein....mein  bhi dekhoo ki woh kaise mujhse yeh Sab chupa rahi Hein...."

Rajshri's eyes misted in excitement...

Her Mishti...and Abiir....

Agar yeh Sach Hein toh ab zindgi mein aur koi icha nahin Hein....

Hey bhagwan...yeh Meri aakhri khwahish tu poora Kar de...

She thought of Vishambar...and felt as if he stood by her side . slightly squeezing her bony shoulders..in reassurance...

****

Punjab..

The next day as preparations were going on for return to US ..Abir cornered Parul...

" Massi...I need some help..."

Parul as always was ready to lend her ears to Abir's problems..

" Woh..massi..."

Abir gave her a watered down account of the happenings in Rajvansh enterprises..and that he might have to stay a bit longer in India...

Parul was shocked.

" Abiir...yeh Sab...! Kaushal is too softhearted to handle all these...lekin tumne Di ko kyun kuch Nahi bataya..?"

" Massi don't tell Maa..her roughshoding tactics would topple my covert investigation... Mishti and I have a hunch that this must be an inside job with some instigation from someone outside..."

" Mishti...! She knows about this..?"

Parul was pleasently surprised.

" Yeah Massi..and ..umm..I really need her help...can she stay back for a few days ... we'll come back once we get into the bottom...with Kethu.."

Parul was now in a fix..

" I understand Abir..and it's great that you find her helpful..lekin Di se hum Kya kahenge..ek kaam Karthe Hein.. .Ghar ki yaad  mujhe bhi aati Hein ...toh thodi din Tum donon me saath mein bhi ruk jaati Hoon.. I too can help you.."

Abir smiled...

"Great Massi..!! Okay toh Maa ko manane ka kaam aap kijiye .. I'll wait..."

***

Mishti was doing her last minute packing thinking about leaving Abir with a heavy heart....as Meenakshi came to her room..

" Mishti...tum ready ho Gayi..?"

" Haan Chotima..Kya baat Hein apko kuch chahiye..?"

Mishti looked at Meenakshi's dull and apprehensive face ..and leaving the dress she had in her hands ..went to her .

" Well.. nothing much..Parul wants to stay back.... it's been some years she visited home ....God..!..it's been 12 years..!

Mishti''s face showed her shock..

" You both never went back ...!!"

"Parul you Meri wajah see Ghar see door Raha... I can't...I can't even now think about going there...I fear the good memories more than the bad ones....lekin Parul ...She wishes to go with Abir and I can't stop her...but I catagorically told her that taking you along is out of question...!"

Meenakshi's heartfelt confession had saddened Mishti...but when she heard the last part her inner self jumped in Joy and slumped in despair in one go....

" Chotima...I would love to go with Massi..wow this is a great opportunity..ab dekho.."

She pulled Meenakshi to sit on the bed.

" Ananya di ki roke mein aayi thi..aaj wapas jaa rahi Hoon...next time India unki Shaadi mein aayengi...aur uske baad ...but now with massi I can do a short visit of my birthplace na?.. please Chotima can I stay..! Sir Badimaa bhi Khush hongi na..."

Mishti waited with baited breath for Meenakshi's reaction..

Going to Rajkot...

It meant a lot to her ... whatever bitter experiences she had in the past ... Rajkot was still the place where she had her parent's love ....

Her Badepapa's care and unconditional love ..

Abir..!

Then and now....

Meenakshi looked at Mishti indecisively..who had a whimsical look on her face..

" Lekin.."

" Chotima.... Badepapa..Kya mein unke pass thodi der baith sakthi Hoon ?...."

Mishti''s voice was low but it had the depth of longing which silenced Meenakshi...

She took the Mishti's hand..

" Promise me that you will be safe ...that you will take care of yourself..."

Meenakshi's unusual demand surprised Mishti....

She looked at Meenakshi puzzled ..

but soon she got her answer..in a whisper..

" Mehul is out of jail ..."

******

Next day...

Rajvansh Sadan.

Evening

Abir looked at Mishti as she and Kethu laughingly teamed up to tease Athul..

He had a tiresome day in the office and his team....but felt refreshed as he viewed her laughing face...

Parul Maasi and Nidhi Mami were enjoying the banter..

Abir thought how he lived each second in agony.. yesterday..and how calm he felt now ..

*****

He was so tensed when massi told him that Mom refused to send Mishti with them to Rajkot.

He couldn't breathe for seconds as weeks long torturous separation loomed before him...

But he was helpless...he couldn't tell his mother either of the Truth..

Why he needed Mishti..

He had felt so choked .... he  didn't even have an opportunity to say goodbye to her.... properly.

But then the magic happened....

Rides were arranged for them and as they got in ...,to head for the Airport.. Saksham too  had joined them... citing an important meeting with someone as Neerav looked on frowning....

All along the car ride...he tried to catch her eye..

But for some reason she was glued to his Mom...

Despair and dejection milled his heart..

But at the airport  as Kunal and Kuhu turned to international terminal Mishti stopped....Then to his astonishment Maa hugged her ...and turned to him..

" Iski poori zimmedari tumhara Hein....and I don't want any excuse of any kind if you both start to fight..I will deem you responsible Abir... and don't overwork her"

Parul smiled winningly as she enjoyed Abir's surprise.

She had changed the tickets immediately when she got to know that Mishti was coming with her..

He was feeling such a pure joy that moment...that his Mom entrusted Mishti with him was a stellar moment in his life....!!!

****

Now as he looked on he reminisced how exactly she reacted to Rajvansh sadan..just the same wide eyes looking around in apprehension....which tugged his heart all those years back..

 This time he was beside her... when Nidhi Mami welcomed them home with Aarti...his palm had sought her's behind Parul Maasi....

*****

Mishti looked up...

Her laughing eyes instantly shining as they spotted him... leaning on his elbows on to the railings...

They were teasing Atul about his rumoured girlfriend...and he was really getting irritated with the double sister attack... somehow Mishti had managed to make him agree to invite her home..and that turned out to planning a get together of his friends..

Yesterday when she entered Rajvansh sadan...her hand interlinked with Abir's.....she felt as if she belonged .... ...

It was surreal..

Kethu had hugged them both...Atul introduced himself...and all were rushing for freshening up. an early dinner and banter...she could see Paru maasi being emotional seeing old pictures and stuff..

Mamu and Abir excused themselves and had their important discussions which extended into the night...

She was with Kethu....

Her first night in Rajvansh sadan.... after a long time...

Kethu had a call from Nihaal and after waving at him... Mishti had left them to their privacy ...

She had faint idea of the layout  of the traditional mansion...and marveled at the way her spatial memory guided her to her all time favorite spot....

****

The dome cubicle balcony....

The star-studded nightsky was a sight to behold....she didn't know how long she stood there ....

When two arms enclosed her in it's warmth....she sighed ...

Resting on to his shoulder.... soaking in the silence...

He turned her to him... cupping her face delicately.....eyes twinkling brighter than the north star....

" I never thought a night can be this beautiful.....ek chaand aasmaan mein aur ek Meri baahon mein..."

He kissed her delicately...as if he was afraid that she might vanish from his arms..

" Abiir...."

His name from her lips made him sigh..

" I know...we need to be careful discreet...and ....."

She lowered her eyes ....but not before he saw the glint of desire in them...

" I don't know how long I can keep away from you...but .."

He plopped down and pulled her to him...and she sat leaning on to his hug ... looking at the vast beauty...

" But...we have to respect others too..."

Mishti completed his words...

Abir nodded with a heartfelt sigh...and caressed her hair..

 "Kal tum sabkuch dekhna..uske baad hum kaam pe lag jaayenge ...okay..."

He said as she snuggled enticingly on to him for warmth...

" Maa ko kaise manaya tumne...?"

Abir asked her the question that was in his mind all day...

" Tumhein bura toh nahi lagega...!" 

Mishti asked mildly and Abir shrugged as to why...!?

" Woh...I was not aware that massi is coming with you..but when Chotima told me ...I had to come ...to visit ..badepapa..."

Abir hugged her close ... understanding her...and didn't feel bad that he was not the first reason....

His lips grazed her temple... reassuring her ...

*****

Now as their eyes met the simmering longing was conveyed and she winked at him.... making him blush..

" Okay..toh Kal Tanya ko zaroor mujhse milwana....I would love to meet a fellow chashmish ..."

Mishti turned and patted Atul affectionately...

Her smile just faded a bit as Atul shrugged carelessly..

****

Mishti looked at the documents folder indignantly..

Everything was haphazardly ..

It's been Two days...They had started working on the case...

Abir had given them to her and asked her help to collate the documents.... before he went to office.

The local police had let them copy the documents pertaining to the theft attempts..and just from reading a few pages she had understood the futility of going through them..

But this was the straw they had been given to solve the case...her mind skipped back to Mehul kapadiya..

He had a stronghold in Rajvansh enterprises..may be he still has some clout..

She need to sift through the papers trying to find a link to Mehul... because inadvertently Meenakshi had let out the fact that Mehul kapadiya was out of the jail..

Mishti couldn't help think that the recent thefts..and Mehul's release...were connected..

She drowned herself in the documents.. writing down the important points and sticking them on the discussion board..

She had lost track of time and when she heard voices from the hall... she decided to take a break..

Kethu and Mami was sitting with a bespectacled girl and a visibly irritated Athul....stood aside.

He turned to her when he saw her coming down..

" Mishti Didi...yeh aaj mujhse dosthi tod degi..Dekho na Maa kaise kaise sawal Kar rahi Hein mere poora image kharab Kar diya.."

Mishti was about to answer when some one asked from Behind..

" Mishti...?!...Athul..Inka naam Mishti Hein??...and she is from USA ?"

Both turned and Athul nodded casually.to the boy..

Mishti looked at the lanky boy.. similarly built as Athul.. looking at her intently from under his specs.

He looked hesitant..then suddenly he checked something on his phone...

Mishti extended her hand..

" Hi I am Mishti... and you..?"

The boy looked at her....and slowly brought his hand to hers..

" Ashish Kapoor....and umm..my Mom is Shriya Kapoor"

Mishti didn't understand him at first...

"Uh.. okay...!"

An uneasy feeling was pricking her as she withdrew her hand..

" Let me talk to Tanya.." Mishti tried to smile at Athul and turned..as if to escape from an unknown...

" Mishti di...I said my Mom is your Mom.!!"

Ashish called out and extended his phone.

Mishti saw an old photo....

A girl with her mom..

Her mom?!!!

Mishti heard a whooshing inside her ears....just as she was standing in the middle of a feeble bridge...with water gushing under her...

She heard Mami from a distance..

" Ashish... yeh Kya..? Mishti... Shriya ki beti kaise.....ohh Bhagwan...uski pehli shadi .."

Nidhi Mami said dazedly....

Mishti felt light as air... memories locked in  rushed  and broke into bubbles on the surface...

It was in that moment Abir walked in with Kaushal ....

Her eyes flew to him helplessly and then thick mist engulfed her.... through which she heard him call her .. anxiously ..

" Mishtiii,!!?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 1.4K 9
This a complete different story of two persons falling in love... What happens when a simple girl Mishti, who doesn't really believe in 'Love' meets...
42K 1.2K 22
It's a new dimension to the story of YHM from the point where Subbu reentered in Raman-Ishita's life.
53.4K 4.6K 27
Peep in...... If you want to read an unique love story of mishbir
1.4K 149 6
Hi Fandom, This is the story on journey of two haters to lovers. But the destiny choose something else for them. You have to read the story, to kno...