Arshi's Book of OS

By Angel23_Writes

Peep in to know more. More

OS: How it started..
OS: My friend.. my Teacher!
OS: Jab Tum Hote Ho!
OS: I am hurt!
OS: Mama aur Buaji ki Love Story!
OS: Basanti!
OS: Late.. but she realized it..
OS: Sanki!
OS: My friend's fault!
OS: Kiss me!
OS: Love in Hospital!
OS: My Irritating brother!
OS: Trust..
OS: Trust - 2
OS: Trust - 3
OS: Our Love Story!
OS: My doctor
OS: Coca Cola Tu!
OS: Falling for you again!
OS: Na Tum Janoo Na Hum!
OS: Zaalim!
OS: Zaalima!
OS: Special Birthday!
OS: The Plan!
OS: I missed You!
OS: Mere Brother Ki Dulhan!
OS: Welcome Happiness in my Life!
Part 2 - Welcome Happiness in my Life!
Part 3 - Welcome Happiness in my Life!
OS: Dobara
OS: Drunk Arnav ji!

OS: World War III

7.3K 557 180
By Angel23_Writes

For the Hardworking Jallad Mmillie13

Putting his feet down on the cold floor, his half open eyes searched for his slippers when suddenly a pair of hands placed them on the floor for him. He looked up to see who the person was, and his eyes scrunched in confusion, "Khushi," he whispered as she smiled and sat beside him on the bed, "What are you doing here?"

"Good morning Arnav," Khushi smiled sarcastically.

"Good morning. Now answer me," he ordered.

"Can't I come to my boyfriend's house?" she asked pouting, "Did you forgot that after-"

"Okay. Okay, I got it Khushi," Arnav rolled his eyes.

"Today is Sunday and Nani ji, Mami, Mama, Di-"

"And no one is at home. Now continue," he interrupted her, yawning.

"So I thought this is the perfect day for us to talk about-"

"Seriously Khushi," Arnav frowned getting up from the bed, staring at her annoyed and frustrated, "You chose to spoil my Sunday by talking about the World War III."

"You're talking as if you left me with any other option! From Monday to Saturday, you keep avoiding talking about it with your work excuse, then on Sunday, you shut me up with your Tired of Work and Family day excuse. So yes, today is the perfect day because no one is at home and you're not tired Mr. Raizada because yesterday you finished your work quite early," she glared at him. 

Arnav rolled his eyes, "I can't believe you're spying on me nowadays!" he bend down and dropped a soft kiss on her forehead, "I had to!" she replied, raising her head a bit, she held his shoulder firmly preventing him from changing his position and captured his lips, "Hmm.. I haven't brushed yet," Arnav complained in between the kiss, "I don't care!" he earned a slap on his shoulder in return as she broke the kiss and he stood straight.

"Don't you dare take an eternity in the bathroom to avoid our conversation Arnav," she shouted in warning tone while watching him walk inside the bathroom. 

Arnav closed the door behind and leaned on it, sighing and rolling his eyes. Yet another day that he needed to find an excuse to avoid this conversation.

************************************************************************

"You took almost two hours in the bathroom Arnav," Khushi grumbled.

Arnav shrugged walking towards the dresser to brush his hair, earning a glare from Khushi.

"After you're done, come and sit here," she ordered, pointing to the bed, where she was settled already, half laid with his pillow resting on her lap.

"What about my breakfast?" he raised his brows, staring at her through the mirror.

"It's here," she smirked, pointing towards the side table. Arnav eyed at the tray containing his toast, black coffee and few snacks.

"I don't want to have toast today," he said.

"No problem. I'll ask HP to cook whatever you want, then he'll bring it here," Khushi smiled.

He turned to face her determinedly, "I'll have my breakfast downstairs Khushi!"

"Go then," she smirked evilly as if challenging him.

Arnav glanced at her suspiciously, before rushing towards the door and as expected, when he tried to open it, he realized it was locked.

"Have you gone mad Khushi? Where are the keys?" he turned back to her, fuming.

"After our conversation, you'll get the keys of your room back," Khushi smiled sweetly, "You should be happy my love. You'll get to spend time with me alone. Please smile!"

"Khushi you've literally kidnapped me in my house, my own room dammit!" he gritted his teeth.

"You left me with NO choice.. You're always running away from talking with me about marriage!"

"Because I don't want to talk about it.. I'm fed up of this marriage topic and the pressure everyone has been putting on me!" he said.

"And what about the pressure on me? Yesterday Amma's-"

"Khushi I don't want to hear anything about your Aunties and their marriage book rules! They have set the right time when the girl needs to learn cooking and handle the house, when the boy needs to start earning money, when is the right age to get married, the right time to have babies and all.. but when the couple fights or get divorced, they just gossip about it behind your back and not to forget, their favorite dialogue - He/She married the wrong girl/boy - When they know the right time for everything, then why can't they guess the right person to get married as well?" he sat at the edge of the bed annoyed.

"I know Arnav.. I've always ignored my aunties and their marriage book rules, but I hope you remember that we're dating for 10 years now, and it's getting irritating for me to hear everyone asking me when are we getting married!"

"So you want to get married to satisfy everyone else?"

"No! You know that's not true.. I want to get married to you because I'm ready for this marriage. And I'm getting irritated with the constant pressure of our family and those aunties, because I'm ready for  marriage but I don't know why you keep avoiding this topic when I try to talk with you," she cried. 

"Because.. I'm not ready yet," he shrugged.

"It's been ten years Arnav and you're still not ready to get married to me?" Khushi asked in disbelief.

"You've started setting the right time for marriage like your aunties? 10.. 20.. 30 years shouldn't matter.. Things should happen naturally!" he said sarcastically.

"I know that Arnav," Khushi stare at him intently as if trying to read his eyes, "I just fail to understand why are you still not ready!"

"And why can't I not be ready for marriage?" he spoke, defending his own person.

"Because you know everything about me.. I'm an open book for you! You know my personality, my qualities and my flaws, what I like and dislike, my favorite food, drink, clothes, sport, movies, music, actor and all, you know my family and friends as well and you get along with everyone close to me even better than me, you know all my secrets even those that I never shared with Amma, Babu ji and Jiji, you know about all my dreams, you know-"

"That you sleep naked," he smirked mischievously.

Khushi slapped his shoulder muttering Shameless, while Arnav chuckled resting his head on her shoulder.

"Have your coffee.. It will get cold," she said glancing at his untouched breakfast.

"So are we done with this conversation?" he asked, grabbing his cup of coffee from the tray.

Ignoring his question, Khushi continued, "Even after knowing everything about me and wasted ten years of your life with me, do you still have this doubt if I'm the right girl for you?" her eyes moistened a bit, but she composed herself quickly.

"Don't say wasted," Arnav frowned, withdrawing his head from her shoulder and keeping the coffee back to the tray, he looked at her, "And I don't have any such doubt in my mind.. I know you're the right girl for me, but-"

"But?" she looked at him eagerly.

"Do we seriously need to get married?" he was brave enough to ask, even though he knew she would blast at him for this question.

"You better decide Arnav.. You don't want to get married or you're not ready to get married?" Khushi frowned. 

"What if I say that I don't want?" he asked in low tone, unsure of her reaction.

"Then I should start looking for another man to get married," she replied sarcastically.

"What the.." he frowned.

"Stop your What the and eat your toast!" she scolded him.

"You want me to eat after hearing this from you?" he asked in disbelief.

"Fortunately for you, whatever I said before was a lie. Now eat!" she ordered.

Arnav took his toast, taking a bite of it, he complained, "See.. this is why I avoid this topic.. It will always end up with fights between us!"

Khushi just rolled her eyes in response, "Now listen to me.."

"Let me eat woman!"

"You eat with your mouth, not your ears!" Khushi gritted her teeth.

"Bolo (Say it)," he sighed.

"If you are serious about not getting married, then we can think about live in. Because if you say that you're still not ready, then I'll be waiting for you. But if you don't want.. then I can't force you. We just need to find a solution!" she said, staring at him seriously.

Arnav gazed at her intently for a while, before shaking his head, "We'll get married Khushi.. but not now!" How can he forget the day she excitedly shared about her dream marriage with him?

Khushi smiled. Even though, she was still not able to digest his 'Not now'. There was something which he was trying hard to hide from her.

************************************************************************

1 pm.

"Wow.. Lunch here as well!" he smiled, but Khushi could feel the sarcasm on his tone while she took the food from HP and walked towards him, keeping the tray on his lap.

HP closing the door and locking it from outside caught Arnav's attention. He widened his eyes, "You gave my room keys to HP?"

Khushi nodded her head.

"What the.. I won't spare you both after this," he glared at her. 

Khushi rolled her eyes, "Have your lunch Arnav!" she sat beside him, taking her plate.

"You're so lucky, do you know that? I, Khushi Kumari Gupta proposed you for marriage and you.."

Arnav chuckled, remembering the day she proposed him.

Flashback

Haan kab tak jawaani chupaoge raja
(Hey King, until when will you hide your youth)

Arre kab tak jawaani chupaoge raja
(Hey King, until when will you hide your youth)

Kunwari ko kitna sataoge raja
(How much more will you trouble the bachelorette)

Kabhi toh kisi ka dulha banoge
(Someday you'll become a groom to someone)

Mujhse shaadi karoge
Will you marry me?

She sang smiling, while getting down on one knee, extending her hand to him, "Mujhse shaadi karoge?"

It was his birthday and she had planned with their family, this surprise-proposal. She was nervous yet excited.

Arnav nodded, "Yes.." her smile widened and their family gasped in shock, "Let's get married on 30th February."

The smile faded away from her lips, as she got up whining, "See.. I told you guys this Laad Governor would spoil everything.."

"Hello hi bye bye.Was this time to joke like this?"

"Chote app bhi na.. Can't you just say Yes?"

"When will we elders get the chance to see you both getting married?"

"You're such a spoilsport Bhai."

"This is not fair.. We thought so much for the lyrics of the song."

"Oo Bhaiii.. Chod do mujhe.. chod do! (Leave me.. Leave)" Arnav begged his family jumping to attack him.

"Oo DM.. Maro mujhe.. maro! (Kill me.. Kill!)" his Nani cried over her fate settled on the dining room chair, "My grandson doesn't want me to see his marriage.. Then what am I doing alive here?"

His whole family left him and rushed to console a crying Nani. He rolled his eyes at their drama.

Flashback ends.

Khushi glared at him, "Laad Governor!"

Arnav chuckled again, as the flashback played on his mind again.

"Laugh! Laugh as much as you want.. I will get married to Salman ji.. he will sing Mujhse shaadi karogi to me everyday then!" she pouted.

"Well.. I think in terms of getting married, me and Salman Khan are on the same page!" he pressed his lips tightly, to suppress yet again another chuckle.

Khushi glared at him, "You better stuff the food in your mouth, rather than speaking rubbish!"

************************************************************************

5 pm.

"What the ****" Arnav looked down at Khushi, resting her head on his lap as he was sat on the couch, "Are we seriously going to watch Vivah (Marriage)?"

"Yes.. It's a beautiful movie," she replied.

Arnav sighed, resting his head on his fist while his elbow rested on the couch's arm.

"You should watch it to see how beautiful the journey towards marriage is," she said emotionally, her eyes fixed at the TV. 

"See how she drank water from his cup," she spoke after a while, looking up at him, "Getting married is about sharing everything."

"Minus the fault of the problems. It is always the fault of men," he added.

"When you get married, then know it that when something goes wrong, your wife will always be by your side," she glared at him.

"Just to be able to say: I warned you," he smirked, retorting her.

"After marriage.. You stay awake all night staring at your lovely wife sleeping peacefully,"

"Because she sleeps in taekwondo pose and snores too much that he can't get any sleep," he said serious, pressing his lips tightly not to laugh at her face.

Khushi beat him on his chest, crying: I don't snore! You're such unromantic man. Laad governor kahike!

Arnav laughed, "Ouch.. Haha.. You're hurting me.. Zaalima (Cruel woman) I love you!"

************************************************************************

10 pm.

"Khushi.." he opened his eyes and whispered huskily.

"Hmm," Khushi turned her head to his side, as they went to sleep at 9:30 pm, she wasn't yet asleep but with closed eyes, lost in her imagination land. 

"You want to know why am I still not ready for marriage?"

She nodded her head, staring intently at him. His expression turned serious.

"I never said this to you.. because I feared you would find my reason completely idiotic!" he admitted, gathering courage to speak to her. 

"You already know about my past.. My father betrayed my mother due to which she committed suicide. But before all this happened, they were crazily in love just like you and me. Everything was perfect in their world, until they got married. After marriage, the beautiful dream turned into a nightmare, my mother's in laws turning my father against her, every night I used to hear them fighting in their room, my father started spending more time outside and my mother alone in her room crying for him, the love they had for each other kept decreasing day by day.." he said, "Khushi I'm scared that if I get married to you, then I might do the same my father did with my mother. I don't want our love to end. I don't want to fight with you everyday. I don't want to reach to a point where I would think of keeping myself away from you. That's why I always keep running away from this marriage topic. It always awake the trauma of my past in me."

"Now you might think that this is just some excuse of mine to not get marri-"

"Shh," she placed her index finger on his lip. 

"If you trust me, then let me help you get over this trauma," she whispered, "Getting married is not living happily ever after Arnav. That's a fairytale. Getting married is knowing how to face life together."

Arnav stayed in silence, pondering over her words.

"Don't think too much.. You're just 28 now. I can wait till you're 40 to propose you again. I've thought about the music as well," she ruffled his hair.

"Hmm.. And what's the music?" he asked smiling a little.

"Bharo mang meri bharo (Fill my partition with vermilion)" she sang for him.

Arnav laughed out loud, "You're truly a Sanki!" he pulled her closer to him, covering themselves fully with the blanket and pecked her lips.

************************************************************************

Next day.
6 am. 

"Good morning," Khushi wished him smiling, the first thing her cute sleepy hazel eyes did when they gained life, was stare at his handsome face. What a beautiful way, to start a day! 

"Two months for Honeymoon," he said staring at her serious.

She frowned in confusion, "What? At least wish me Good morning before talking rubbish."

"I want two months for our honeymoon," he repeated calmly.

Khushi widened her eyes smiling realizing now what he was saying, "Arnav you..."

"Yeah.. Let's get married!" he nodded, smiling at her.

Khushi hugged him tightly, smiling brightly. She planted soft kisses all over his face, while mumbling, "Thank you for trusting in me.. in our love."

************************************************************************

Sometime later.

"HP... HP... HP..." Arnav barked.

"Stop shouting Arnav.. He will come to open the door for us," Khushi shut her eyes tightly, covering her ear with her palms.

"Of course he will come to open the door after building a palace for his Mumtaz Mahal," Arnav replied sarcastically.

"Didi.."

"See he's here," Khushi smirked in victory.

"Didi.. Haan hai ke naa hai? (Is it yes or no?)" HP asked before opening the door.

"What the.. Haan hai ke naa hai my foot.. Open this damn door right now HP," Arnav gritted his teeth.

Khushi giggled, "He finally said Yes, HP! Thank you so much for the help in this plan!"

A frightened HP opened the door's room to come face to face with a fuming Arnav.

"Bhaiya woh.." HP stammered with trembling legs and sweating like hell.

"Bhaiya what?" Arnav frowned.

"I just did this for your happiness," HP started crying bitterly, startling both, Arnav and Khushi, "I didn't want to lock you inside your own room but I also knew that you're stubborn.. You would've tried to escape from Didi and delay your marriage.. then you would have started to get old.. then Didi would have left you to get married to another young man! And I didn't want Didi to leave you.. because I know you look like a bad person, but you're NOT."

HP sobbed, wiping away his tears, "I tried to compensate for locking you in the room by sending your favorite dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner."

Arnav started at him smiling, before pulling him into a tight hug, "Stop crying.. I'm not angry with you but thankful for everything you did."

Getting no response from HP after the hug, made Arnav break the hug himself to see what had happened, "What the.." he held an unconscious HP firmly by his shoulder while Khushi screamed in shock.

"Why are you screaming? Go and-"

"I'll call the ambulance..."

"What the.. Go and bring a glass of water Khushi!" he shook his head in disbelief, while lifting HP to his bed.

"Oh yeah," Khushi hit her forehead, rushing to help him. 

"Are you sure you and HP didn't flee from any asylum?" Arnav asked, watching her throwing the whole jug water to HP's face, the later woke up as if possessed by a ghost.

The End!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 859 4
The name is same, but not the plot. Read and enjoy. Like, comment and share.
Pyaar By Ritika

Fanfiction

89.1K 3.4K 14
Peep in... One chapter ahead on inkitt, link in bio.
994 46 1
Two different people... Real life experiences... Have a look at this journey...
497K 23.1K 41
Peep in to know more.