©Soulmates | Dramione

By aleiawritesss

"Ms Granger, I want you to marry my son" -Narcissa Malfoy Graduating from Hogwarts five years ago, Hermione t... More

1. New Life
2. Breaking Rules
3. Coincidence
4. The Mark
5. An Order
6. Real Friends
7. An Invitation
8. Make Up
9. Dinner with Malfoys
10. The Truth
11. Bits of Delight
12. Final Decision
13. Confused
14. The Request
15. Hermione Malfoy
16. Threat
17. Boundaries
18. Everything Went Wrong
19. The Burrow
20. Sectumsempra
21. The Only Way
22. The Feelings
23. Pain of the Scar
24. 20 Questions
25. Congratulations
26. What's Your Wish
27. Magical Letters
28. Beautiful Christmas
29. Only One
30. The Nightmare
31. Greatest Worry
32. Big Fight
33. The Discussion
34. Happy News
35. Daily Prophet
37. Malfoy Manor
38. Sisters in Duel
39. Blood Purity
40. Blood Purity (2)
41. Blood Purity (3)
42. New House
43. Missing
44. The Constellations
45. Headquarters
46. Little Scorpius
47. Mosmorde
48. Presence
49. Smoke of Help
50. Anti-Muggle Wards
51. Death Eater
52. Go Home
53. Killing Curse
54. Untold Confession
55. Arrest
56. Apart
57. Grimmauld Place
58. Harry's Help
59. Ministry of Magic
60. Promise
61. Return
62. Possessive
63. Free
64. Soulmates

36. The Only Solution

2K 45 3
By aleiawritesss

Time is flying fast, the Aurors are still observing every single places in England to find the remaining Death Eaters. It's been one month since Narcissa and Draco hid from the Ministry people. Draco can neither go to his office nor attend meetings with the board members. Everything was done by Hermione as the mother and son stayed securely at home. Winky has been such a good help since Hermione started managing Dreamland.

Draco was pacing back and forth in the library, his light footsteps echoed the whole dimmed place. Narcissa and Hermione gave a look of annoyance at the wizard in front of them as he kept making disturbing noises. The witches were looking through some books about Dark Magic to find any other way to help Draco.

Draco's left hand knocked the desk next to him, causing the peculiar stack of books to fall down. At the moment, he just didn't seem to care much. He sat on the couch and placed his left arm on the armrest, taking a look at the Dark Mark. He didn't care anymore about the pain because it's like a part of his life right now. He can't get rid of the pain, so he decided to go with it until they find the solution.

"Mistress, there is a letter for you" Winky Apparated in front of Narcissa. The blonde woman frowned.

"Do you know who?"

"It was written there as Andromeda Tonks"

"Thanks, Winky. You can leave"

Winky nodded her head and left. Narcissa flipped the envelope, wasn't expecting for Andromeda to find her. Draco eyed the brown envelope suspiciously, questioning how did Andromeda find his mother. He knew that woman, the woman who betrayed his mother's family for the sake of a Muggle-born guy. Narcissa tore the envelope open, a thick piece of parchment fell to her lap. Hermione turned to Narcissa.

"What is—"

"How did Aunt Andy find you, mother?"

"I sent her letter first"

"You've gone mad, have you? You could get caught! The letter might end elsewhere!"

Narcissa sighed before casting a Silencing Charm on Draco. She unfolded the parchment, reading the words written by Andromeda to the answer of her letter a week ago.

Cissy,

I've just received the letter yesterday and I believe your owl has been flying for days so I decided to take care of him for a while and treat him.

First of all, I never thought you would send a letter to me after whole these years. I thought it just stopped there. But that's not the actual matter I want to discuss about. Usually I won't help but I know how much you loved your son. And remember, I want to help Draco, not you. You're only informing him what type of help should be done.

You said to me if it kept giving pain, he will go insane and die. And you met Katrina to ask about Draco's future and she told you the same as your own prediction. As a mother, I think you know your son well and I hope you're wary of any type of consequences. Some may let to his death, some may let to his capture of the Ministry gits.

I heard that his wife is Hermione Granger, is that true? You have to stop her from helping Draco with his Mark. She can't do anything about it because it was beyond her magic skills. I know that young lady, she's the brightest witch of her age. It would be a big surprise if she didn't try to help him at all.

You said to me about Katrina. I know it's risky but you have to go back to Malfoy Manor. I know the Aurors and Dementors were keeping a tight guard around every entrance of the place, but I'm sure you know your place better despite on the damage Voldemort had done years ago. Go back to Malfoy Manor. Katrina's prediction will never be at false. There must be something that he could find to stop the pain. I know there is. The only solution is to go Malfoy Manor. Trust me, Cissy.

Send my regards to Draco and Hermione, Cissy.

Andy

Narcissa folded the parchment, feeling pressured. She held the letter tightly, didn't want it to slip into Draco's hands. Draco frowned looking at the stressed look of his mother. He had always doubted about that other Aunt of his because he has never set eyes on her. Andromeda was known for her betrayal towards the Black family for marrying a Muggle, that was why he had never met her. But, Draco knew about that woman and his nephew, Teddy Lupin. The only son of his late cousin, Nymphadora Lupin (neé Tonks).

"What was written there, Narcissa?" Hermione asked, curious.

"Nothing much, just asking how I'm doing. Also asking about you and Draco and also mentioning about Teddy being a good little boy"

"That was really-"

"Really funny. You could steal time to keep contacted with Aunt Andy while my arm is feeling like a total bullshit? What the fuck are all these about?"

Draco gave his stern look before storming out from the library. Hermione looked at Narcissa with an apologetic look before dashing out to get to Draco. She strolled downstairs carefully as her condition of carrying a baby in her womb didn't let her do much quick movement. She walked to the door of Draco's room. She placed her palm on the pure silver doorknob before twisting it hard. She knew he's going to lock himself in the room again. Hermione sighed, mentally cursing herself for not being aware of such situation. She lurked into her room and grasped for her wand before dashing out towards Draco's door again.

"Open the door, Draco"

"Just fucking leave me alone"

"Open the door or I will"

"I told you to fucking leave me alone"

"Draco, listen to me! There must be something Andromeda wanted to tell your mother!"

"I don't care"

Hermione sighed. She drew out her wand, hesitating on unlocking the door or bursting it into two.

"Alohomora"

The door unlocked. Before Hermione could get her palm on the door, the doorknob twisted furiously from the inside. Draco opened the door, his cold ice stare was straight into Hermione's eyes. Hermione looked away, trying to gain her Gryffindor courage. She turned to look at him again, giving a calm look. Draco rolled his eyes.

"There must be a solution"

"What else could it be if it isn't death? Can you do anything?"

"WHY DO YOU WANT TO DIE SO BAD?!" Hermione spat angrily.

Draco ran his stare to other random stuffs behind Hermione, realizing there were tears glistening in her eyes. He looked back at her, a frustrated breath left him. As much as he wanted to live, he knew there weren't any choice for him. Draco drew out his wand and close his eyes with hesitation. He knew he wasn't supposed to do this, but he wanted to know. He sighed before concentrating.

Legilimens

A view of the letter written by Andromeda came into his mind. He was trying to read the letter from Narcissa's memory. The letter she received. There was nothing about Teddy or about their marriage. The only thing written there was the way to help him. Draco gave a disgusted look, can't believe the blood traitor was trying to help him. He broke the connection before Narcissa could sense any difference. He can't believe what he just read in the parchment.

"Fuck"

"Did you just.. did you use Legilimency on your mother?"

"Malfoy Manor" Draco said, ignoring Hermione's question.

"Draco Malfoy! Don't you dare tell me we're going to Malfoy Manor"

"Not we. Me"

"What?! You know the Aurors are guarding the manor! You can't do that!"

"And what do you want me to do? Die in vain because of this fucking Mark?"

"I can help you. We can figure this out"

It was written clearly. Andromeda said you can't help me. Dark Magic is beyond your skills"

Hermione felt her fists balled. All the fury and regret bubbled up in her veins as she stare at the blonde in front of her. Her wand hand was gripping tightly on the wand as if she could break it if there's another force. She just wanted to help but all these Pureblood shits are getting in her way. She snapped a furious look on Draco, showing her reluctance to him. Draco tilted his head cockily, can't believe with the way Hermione's acting.

"Don't. Take care of the baby"

"And what? Seeing the Aurors capture you? That's it?"

"Hermione, I don't want to discuss"

"I just want to help you, Draco"

"I don't need your help, you fucking filthy-"

"Mudblood? That's your next word? Go ahead"

Hermione drew out her wand, pointing it right at Draco's chin. She was grasping tight at the wand, as if she was preparing herself to send a spark of Stunning Jinx on Draco. The wizard took his wand and pointed it at Hermione's right side of her head, as if trying to take her memories away with the Memory Charm. He let out a frustrated breath as few incoherent curses could be heard coming from him. He lowered his wand and slammed his door with fury.

Hermione flinched at the door being slammed right in front of her nose. She stormed back into her room, sitting on her four-poster bed. Draco was right, but she refused to admit it. He ego was at its highest. She didn't want to lose. She sighed in frustration. Draco was right, her magic skills can't compete with the powerful Dark Magic. It's impossible for her to help when the Dark Mark on Draco's arm was given by the Dark Lord, Voldemort himself. Bloody hell, this is fucking crazy.

The only solution, Malfoy Manor.

*****
Hey!

36 is up! I'm really excited to finish this book! See you in next chapter!

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

Hope everyone is doing fine!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 5.1K 22
It's been 3 years since the war. Draco had spent his days in Malfoy Manor with the haunting past. Lucius and Narcissa were still the same and hadn't...
6.4K 171 28
"But all those things you said to me." "It was all just a mask Hermione," I told her, "I had to say those things. I had to, because..." I thought abo...
4.6M 131K 121
[ completed] In their four years of knowing each other, Draco Malfoy and Amora Buckley have never managed to see eye to eye. However, when the pair a...
1.2K 50 17
Draco Malfoy, five years after the Battle of Hogwarts, has built a life for himself. He runs a successful business in Diagon Alley and keeps to hims...