Imprint From Out Of Town {Sta...

By EmeraldLuna14

Derek, Scott and Stiles are visiting other packs nearby in hopes of forming alliances. They find themselves i... More

Chapter 1: Detour
Chapter 2: Forks
Chapter 3: La Push
Chapter 4: Vampire?
Chapter 5: Good and Bad
Chapter 6: What's an Imprint?
Chapter 7: Chill Out Man
Chapter 8: Sites to See
Chapter 9: Dog fight
Chapter 10: Silver Wolf
Chapter 11: Timing
Chapter 12: Imprint
Chapter 14: Beach date
Chapter 15: His Mate
Chapter 16: The Cullens
Chapter 17: One more day
Chapter 18: A momentary goodbye
Chapter 19: Home sweet...
Chapter 20: Telling the sheriff
Chapter 21: Book a flight
Chapter 22: Meeting the sheriff
Chapter 23: The Hale-McCall Pack
Chapter 24: Pack trials
Chapter 25: Jackass
Chapter 26: Alone Time
Chapter 27: Freaky
Chapter 28: Christmas
Chapter 29: Can't we at least have Christmas?
Chapter 30: Sparring
Chapter 31: Battle plans
Chapter 32: A pause
Chapter 33: Multipack
Chapter 34: Anticipation
Chapter 35: Battle
Chapter 36: Jake
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: An engagement
Chapter 39: Forever with you

Chapter 13: The decision

8.2K 269 8
By EmeraldLuna14

"What do you mean why you?"

Paul was looking at me as if I had lost my mind. And perhaps I had. Why on earth was I still questioning this?

When the sexy werewolf claims you're the only person in the universe for him, you don't argue Stiles.

I wanted to smack myself.

But I couldn't help it either. What are the chances? The odds are astronomical. That an incredibly good looking- and as I've been gradually learning- wonderful supernatural being would be made to be with me. Insignificant, boring Stiles Stilinski.

"You're not insignificant," Paul said quietly. I winced at his voice. Great, I did it again. Thinking out loud. "And you're the opposite of boring."

I finally, really looked at him. I searched his pleading eyes. There was hope there, and excitement, but there was also hesitation. I guess I wasn't exactly showing him commitment right now. What did Sam say happens if I were to reject him? What would that do to him? Just thinking about it made my insides turn unhappily.

I stood still as I thought, the only movement was the drumming of my fingers against my thighs. I focused on those deep brown eyes and pieced it together.

First- what did Edward and Jake say? The imprint works both ways. And it can happen with anyone, at any time.

That explains why I was so concerned about him almost as soon as I met him. It explains the constant need to be near him. It explains why his scent effects me so much. It explains why I was always feeling the need to kiss him. Or why his laugh and his smile, and just a simple look from him could set my insides on fire.

"Stiles?" Paul asked, his tone a little shaky. But I couldn't speak right now. I had to think.

My eyes trailed down his body as I continued to mull it all over silently.

Lay it all out Stiles. 1. He's beautiful. 2. He thinks you're beautiful. 3. You get along. 4. He's a werewolf. 5. He's sexy. 6. He makes you laugh. 7. The universe says you're made for each other. What's there to think about?

Maybe the fact that he might be it for the rest of my life.

Or.

Maybe the fact that he lives several hours away from my entire life.

Oh god.

"What happens now?" I whispered, my eyes making it up to his face again.

He lives several hours away. He has a pack, a family. So do I. I have school, and my dad, and my future job. If he's it for me, for the rest of my life... where do we go from here? How will this work?

"You decide. You decide if you want to be with me," he said, taking a hesitant step closer.

I took a moment to picture it, to picture a future with him. I could see the two of us, curled up together in the bed of our cozy little home just on the edge of the forest here in Forks. I could see the towering trees through our massive bedroom windows. I could picture afternoons spent at Sam and Emily's, evenings at the beach. I could get a job with the local police department. But that would leave my pack and family in Beacon Hills. 16 hours away. I would have to get on a plane to see my dad, to see Scott or Derek or Lydia, or Melissa.

"What happens after I decide?" I asked him this time. His facial expression changed, pain flashing across for a split second before he reigned it in.

He gulped before speaking. "That would depend on your decision."

"If I said yes? How would we manage that? I live 16 hours away from you. My pack, my family, my life is in Beacon Hills-," he cut off my ranting.

"Stiles... if you're going to say no... if you don't want to be with me... please- please just do it. I- I need to know," he stammered. His voice broke on the last sentence, and his eyes were filled with pain. The strong, beautiful man looked like he would break. I hated it and I never wanted to see it again.

I tried to picture my life without him. Leaving here in a week, returning to Beacon Hills without him, without a guarantee of him being in my future. And it was so utterly, inexplicably wrong. It had only been two days and the wolf was already a daily staple in my life. No, I had already decided. The universe had already decided.

I took the few steps that were left between us before cupping his face in my hand, like he had done- what felt like hours- before. He was so incredibly warm. Always.

"Paul Lahote. I can't even picture a future without you," I expressed, my eyes willing him to understand what I was saying.

The werewolf's face cleared and a blinding white smile broke out, like the sun breaking above the horizon.

"Thank god," he sighed in relief, before pulling my face into his hands and smashing his lips against mine.

His perfect, warm, soft lips. My knees felt weak and I couldn't quite breathe, but I didn't care. Fireworks were exploding in my brain, making it absolute mush. His lips continued to move with mine hungrily, perfectly. My arms locked around his neck, his falling away from my face before winding around my waist. His big, warm hands slipped under my shirt and held my hips, sending shivers down my spine. His hands burned where they touched me, but not painfully. No, they burned because they made me want more, because they were lighting me on fire in the best way. It was two puzzle pieces clicking into place. Like we had done this a thousand times before. It was by far the best, most flawless kiss I had ever experienced.

I had a feeling I might be turning blue, and forced myself to part our lips so I could heave in a deep breath. But I didn't go far, only putting a sliver of space between our faces and leaving our bodies tangled. I opened my eyes to see him watching me, labouring for breath. I had never seen such a tender, loving look in my entire life.

"Well at least I know I'm not a crazy person for being so obsessed with you so soon," I chuckled breathlessly.

"That's still up for debate," he winked, a little short of breath himself.

I chuckled before my eyes were glued to his perfect lips again. I leaned in and laid a sweet gentle kiss on him. Again and again before drawing the short kisses out. They became longer, more passionate. My teeth grazed his lower lip teasingly. My hands moved up to his hair, tangling in the raven strands and pulling gently. The wolf let out a low growl into my mouth, which made me smile into the kiss. His lips loved to my neck, sucking and biting gently while giving me the chance to catch my breath. Sort of. It was more moaning, less breathing. One of Paul's hands slid up the bare skin of my back, his other placed firmly on my hip as he pulled me impossibly closer. I gasped at the feeling of his erection against mine, and he took the opportunity to plunge his tongue into my mouth.

Oh god.

His hands were exploring my back, periodically dipping his fingers under the edge of my boxers teasingly. His body was flush with mine, all hard muscles and warm skin. His tongue was moving expertly in my mouth and my hands were pulling much harder at his hair. He bucked his hips forward, sending a jolt of pleasure up my body that came out as a moan. He broke our kiss at the sound and I opened my eyes to gaze at him. His pupils were dilated, his eyes dark with lust. The predatory look on his face was the biggest- turn on- ever.

"If you make another noise like that I'm not going to be able to control myself," he huffed, his nostrils flaring as he took in my scent. He groaned as his eyes slid shut. "Okay- we need to- we just need to cool down for a minute," he muttered unwillingly.

He untangled himself, stepping back and away, but he kept hold of my left hand. I took the opportunity to check him out for the hundredth time today. His cheeks were flushed, his tan chest was heaving, his eyes were still dark and a little crazy, and... "Now look who's got sex hair," I smirked, enjoying my handy work.

"Perfect," he grinned back, leaning in for a slow kiss then pulling away again.

We started walking back up the beach silently, the fire hadn't come into view yet when I found myself glancing at him again and giggling at his wild hair.

"They're going to think we had sex on the beach," I sighed.

"Let them. I'm yours, and I want everyone to know it," he shrugged, smiling as he peered at me out of the corner of his eye. I bit my lip to keep my smile from getting too big at his words.

"First time for everything," I muttered under my breath.

I didn't realize he had stopped until I was pulled to a stop in front of him. I turned to face him with a confused frown. His hand came up to hold my face, his thumb caressing my cheek bone. His eyes scanned my face silently for a moment.

"I'm hoping to be lots of firsts for you," he said seriously, meeting my eyes. I couldn't help the smile that stretched across my face.

"I can't wait," I winked, pecking him lightly and squeezing his hand before pulling him along.

"I could get used to that," he said in a far off voice.

"Get used to what?" I asked, eyeballing him.

"You kissing me like that. Like you do it all the time," he explained, his fingers touching his lips for a moment as if recalling the feeling.

"I plan on doing it all the time. In fact," I paused, kissing him again before continuing, "I could live with doing it every minute of every day," I speculated with a smirk.

"That can be arranged," he chuckled, kissing the back of my hand.

"Oh god! You're kissing now?" Embry laughed, wrinkling his nose as we rejoined the pack around the fire.

"Great! Now you'll be even more unbearable..." Jared joked, throwing his hands up. "Like Jake and Edward aren't enough."

"Hey!" Jake scolded, tossing a stick at Jared's head. "Sam and Emily are just as bad!"

"Don't remind me," Jared grumbled.

Paul and I took a seat in our original places, but much, much closer to each other this time. His arm settled across my shoulders, pulling me into his side and as close as possible. It felt like there was an electrical current in the air around us- and I loved it. My hand found a resting place on his thigh, my fingers tracing lazy patterns. I turned my head towards Paul and found his lips instantly for a soft kiss. I couldn't help but smile when he pulled away and stared into my eyes, as if seeing me for the first time all over again. The look made me feel all gooey inside, and made me lean forward for one more kiss that I couldn't help.

I could feel Derek's eyes on me from across the circle, but I refused to meet what I knew would be a neutral look to everyone else... but I would be able see the torture and pain there. And I didn't think I could handle that right now- leaning against my newfound mate. Because Derek's pain had always felt like my pain too- and right now, I didn't want to be in pain. I wanted to be happy, for once. To enjoy this for what it is, without feeling guilt. And why should I feel guilty?

I shouldn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 2.3K 22
Harry is done with the wizarding world, he is done with Britain, after the war everybody wants a piece of him. Even his old friends. Only Hermione is...
2.9K 87 15
Stiles had to become a vampire in order to save his life. Now, the question is - does he remain that way, or will he turn into a werewolf? Either way...
4.2K 142 12
dakota and paul lahote were two peas in a pod while they lived with their parents in tacoma. but when their happily married parents divorce suddenly...
2.7K 99 19
Stiles brush with death at the hands of the malevolent Darach, Jennifer, leaves him teetering on the edge of the supernatural abyss. Salvation comes...