ALPHA GREY (Re-written)

By OwnYourThrone

He is notorious for being ruthless. One did not become Alpha of one of the greatest packs in the world by be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30

Chapter 29

2.7K 83 40
By OwnYourThrone

JASPER'S POV

Word had spread of an invisible entity that had dared inflict harm upon their Luna, a Luna they had yet to meet though rumours of her arrival had been swirling for weeks now. Speculations were brought forth about where the attack may have come from, the most prominent being that rogues must be conspiring with witches.

The supernatural world, though vast, seldom inter-mingles. Each species keeps to themselves, if not for self-preservation, to maintain the natural order among our kind. It is very rare to hear of two species conspiring with one another, let alone pulling off an attack like this. Which begs the question of why they would start now and certainly why they were after the Luna. Do they seek to weaken the pack and our rule over the werewolf species by weakening the Alpha? If so, what was the reason for it. 

"ay-son." Her raspy voice calls out, her eyes flattering open from her comatose state. Both my brothers rush to her side, each thinking it was them she'd called out to.

It's been three days since the attack. Three whole days she has laid in that bed unresponsive, both my brothers at her side, regret weighing on their shoulders. Her lifeless form was haunting, even more haunting was the paralyzing fear each felt as they touched her flesh. I too had felt it, it was an indescribable hell.

"Jace." She breathes, a ghost smile dancing on her features as her eyes land on Jason. It seemed she was unaware that her mate was standing on the other side of the bed, jealousy surely eating away at him at the sight before his eyes.

"Hey beautiful." Jason mutters, his choice of words surely aggravating the tension between him and Greyson. Though I have tried to keep them at a distance, tension continues to mount between them. I was beginning to grow tired of their childish ways, and certainly of being Switzerland. 

A low growl rumbles under Greyson's breath, drawing the Luna to the other side of the bed where he stood glaring at his own brother murderously.

"Greyson." Shock overcomes her features as she turns to the source.

"Hi Love." Greyson's eyes soften as they leave Jason, now fully focusing on the Luna.

It was truly a wonder the effect she has on him. Only she can pull him back from the brink of his wrath in split seconds, turning him into mush instantaneously.

"You came back." Tears well up in her eyes at the sight of him standing right in front of her after what seemed endless days. She shifts from her position on the bed  wanting to get up, too quickly that her frail protests, a pained groan escaping her. 

"Hey. Take it easy. I'm right here love."

"I thought something bad had happened to you." She muffles into his shoulder, their arms locked in an intimate embrace.

"I missed you too, Love." He utters the words she cannot bring herself to speak though it is evident to us all that's exactly how she felt.

The atmosphere had shifted. I felt out of place, like I was intruding on an intimate moment. Where it was awkward for me to witness, it seemed painful for Jason to watch. I wondered as I followed behind a green-eyed Jason, if my eyes dared deceive me.

"Jason. Wait."

"What is it now brother." He grumbles, seemingly annoyed.

My eyes search his eyes hoping to find something that contradicts what my eyes would have me believe was true. Yet sadly what I found seemed to feed my suspicion.

"Oh Jason. This is a dangerous path you tread on. It can only end in pain and bloodshed. Please brother, I beseech you, stop this madness now."

"What madness?" His forehead creases, his eyes filling with slight confusion.

"Your eyes betray you brother. I see the way you look at her when you think that no one is watching."

"It is your eyes that deceive you. There is nothing going on between us."

I try to decipher his emotions from his tone yet I fall short. Jason has always been able to mask his emotions effortlessly. But the seed of doubt had already been planted and was beginning to bloom under the weight of suspicion.

"Yet you wish there was."

"She is mated to my brother, my Alpha, for Pete's sake. Do you think so low of me that you would believe me capable of such treason? I honestly wouldn't have expected this from you brother." The hurt in his eyes at my words is undeniable, making me instantly regret ever mentioning any of this to him. For all I know, under the weight of stress I could have mistaken sheer concern for something more.

"I'm...I'm sorry Jay. I just thought..."

"Save it." With that he turns his back on me. I grab onto his arm, commanding his attention. Though he doesn't speak, I can feel his emotions as surely as I can mine.

"Jay. No good can come from feuding with Greyson. I suggest you keep whatever you think you know to yourself. She's been through enough already."

"Of course you'd say that." Shrugging his hand from my grip, he retreats, not waiting for further word from me.

This won't end well.

***

GREYSON'S POV

I should have never left her. 

The thought crosses my mind as I sit watching over her sleeping form.

At my weakest I had allowed myself to find comfort in another, an unforgivable act of betrayal. I wanted nothing but to forget my treachery yet the memory was haunting, the guilt consuming. Surely the Moon Goddess is swift in her wrath, for I was already paying the debt of my infidelity. A pity that  she too has fallen victim to my perfidious acts, the goddess's hand using her to inflict pain upon me. Having to watch her, lifeless and unmoving, knowing that I couldn't do anything to help her, had all but killed me. The thought of living a life without her, unbearably excruciating.

Regret clawed at me, willing me to come clean with hope that she may forgive me, yet my cowardice deemed it futile, justifying that no good would come from her knowing. I can only hope that Jason will keep his mouth shut. The mere thought of him sends my blood into a boil. In my absence it seems he had grown attached to my mate, a little too much for my liking. His protective stance towards her feeds into my bloodlust. The only thing that has kept me from ripping his heart from his chest is because he is my brother, that and my mate's fondness towards him. I doubt she'd ever forgive me if any harm befell him at my hand, hell I wouldn't be able to forgive myself either.

"Greyson." She whispers as she awakens from her sleep, her body still in recovery.

Although she had awoken from her coma,  Dr A had recommended that she stay at the hospital a few more days for observation. I wished we could be left to the privacy of our bedroom but I understood the need to keep her here a little while longer though I do not relish in Jason's daily visits. Were it not for her requesting his presence now and then, he wouldn't step foot near her.

"Yes love." I take her hand in mine, gently planting a kiss on her palm.

"Can I ask you something?" Her question catches me off guard.

 Could it be that in my brief absence Jason had said something to her?

"Sure." I maintain my calm albeit inside I am at the brink of my undoing.

"Do you think I can possibly go see my mother?"

"Why may I ask?" internally, I face-palm myself for asking such a dumb question.

"I just..." She ponders on whether to continue on not, I can see the turmoil in her eyes. "Forget I said anything."

For a moment I don't know what to say, pained that she doesn't trust me enough to disclose her troubles or rather that she fears I will turn her down without course.

"I will have Jasper make arrangements for your mother to come visit." She simply nods, distracted by whatever burdens she carries.

A deafening silence hangs over us, the light in her eyes once again extinguishing as she fades into a world far away from here, a world that seems to beckon her often since the incident. She has surely sustained trauma from the attack, her dissociations more frequent than I am comfort. if only I knew how to help. 

Wait they say. 

It is waiting helpless that is chipping away at my sanity. Had I been there with her, no one would have dared come near her. So help me, when I  finally come to know who is responsible for this, I will relish in every second of their slow bloody execution.

"I'm going to go get you something to eat." I stand, wanting to escape the awkwardness between us.

How will I never be able to face her? Surely lies aren't a solid foundation for any relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 53.8K 70
"You're mine. It doesn't matter where you come from." His hand grips my wrist, stopping me. "You know it matters." I turn away, hiding the moisture i...
15K 724 56
In Lycan lore, every wolf believes there is a soul that is their equal in every way: a perfect match. Their meeting is predestined, preordained by th...
94.6K 4.6K 22
Sent out in a secret undercover mission. Gabe is in search of answers. Along the way, he is captured and taken prisoner. Will the woman, who is his m...
521K 12.8K 39
Iris has been rejected all her life. By her family, her pack: everyone. So when she meets her mate will he reject her like everyone else? With all...